Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB (23486 Views)

NBC Fines Radio Station For Playing Falz's This Is Nigeria / Davido’s “assurance Falz’s “this Is Nigeria” Lead Nigerian Songs Released In May / Falz Blasts Yahoo Boys In "Confirm" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by Bizibi(m): 12:52pm On May 31, 2018
progress69:

Bullshit assertion and dumb comparison with Beyonce about police racism. An entertainer will most likely gather more views than even an entertainer....to make it worse people on social media are agreeing to Falz assertion.
This are the same clowns that started the #lazyyouths tag and were making noise about not being corrupt on the internet....suddenly they have accepted to be criminals cos an entertainer sang it. How do I describe your likes?
mtcheeeew
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by chinonso47: 12:55pm On May 31, 2018
kenzysmith:
Falz u re a disgrace to this country your father that is a judge in this nation is one of the of most corrupt judge in this country please you. Made the people here in south africa made jest of me yesterday with that musical vedio that vedio must be ban you dey make job they hard for yahoo boys down here with that vedio Falz I think say u be guy man

Who is this one kwanu?
Ekpo go and sleep
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by deolumike(m): 1:03pm On May 31, 2018
kenzysmith:
Falz u re a disgrace to this country your father that is a judge in this nation is one of the of most corrupt judge in this country please you. Made the people here in south africa made jest of me yesterday with that musical vedio that vedio must be ban you dey make job they hard for yahoo boys down here with that vedio Falz I think say u be guy man
Ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by cbngov01(m): 1:06pm On May 31, 2018
kenzysmith:

Pained upcoming yahooboy spotted!
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by iLegendd(m): 1:07pm On May 31, 2018
kenzysmith:
Say no to Yahoo. Do something meaningful, boy.

I was detained in Malaysia for 20 minutes and was thoroughly searched just because I was a Nigerian. Who caused it? You, yahoo guys and your drug dealer friends.

You people make life difficult for the rest of us who are genuine. Y'all will pay for my humiliation. cry

2 Likes

Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by bastian5050(m): 1:10pm On May 31, 2018
kenzysmith:
A judge? Like are you serious. O ma se oh
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by adetem(m): 1:21pm On May 31, 2018
The truth is better why they will not complain, falz say the fact. I download it before they will ban it. Idiot people
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by AerialMapper: 1:23pm On May 31, 2018
Phemmyhohjor:

No b only that my guy!! They wear it during P**nography too

I no wan talk that one join na! Make e no be say na from my mouth them go hear say tomorrow na Jumat
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by Chapelbeatz(m): 1:31pm On May 31, 2018
kenzysmith:
Falz u re a disgrace to this country look how you washing our dirty linen in public other nations na make mockery of us with that vedio, your father that is a san in this nation is one of the of most corrupt san in this country please you Made the people here in south africa made jest of me yesterday with that musical vedio that vedio must be ban you dey make job they hard for yahoo boys down here with that vedio Falz I think say u be guy man

kenzy you don Bleep up.if your children see dis stuff ba dey go dy ashamed of you wela
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:31pm On May 31, 2018
kenzysmith:
Falz u re a disgrace to this country look how you washing our dirty linen in public other nations na make mockery of us with that vedio, your father that is a san in this nation is one of the of most corrupt san in this country please you Made the people here in south africa made jest of me yesterday with that musical vedio that vedio must be ban you dey make job they hard for yahoo boys down here with that vedio Falz I think say u be guy man
shut up and hide your face in shame. It is people like you that have caused Nigeria to decay to the level it is for refusing to speak out. Whether falz or not, the world knows what is wrong with us Fvck boy
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by drakeli: 1:35pm On May 31, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Dancing shaku shaku in hijab? I'm sure na dat one pain dem grin grin
Of all the Nigeria problem highlighted in the video, all they can see is people dancing in hijab. What a country.

1 Like

Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2018
israelmao:
I did not expect Falz as a lawyer to generalize or tag every Nigeria a criminal because I am not one and there are several others who are not.Apart from this other things in the music video speak about Nigeria.
you need deeper understanding to understand that line. When he said everyone is a criminal, it was based on how the police treats everyone both guilty and not guilty as criminals. Same way other countries stereotype Nigerians as criminals whether you are one or not. He didn't mean to say it is true but that it is the stereotype every Nigerian is facing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by Smithclean: 1:46pm On May 31, 2018
Let me ask this abeg, is the hijab the problem now? Why cant we for once in this country face the truth fair and square. The guy represent in his song our daily encounter in this country.

1 Like

Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by SeyiOmoOba: 1:53pm On May 31, 2018
made4naijamusic:
Following the spontaneous reactions that trailed Falz the Bahd Guy’s latest video, This is Nigeria, where he showcased his female choreographers dancing Shaku-Shaku in Hijab and several other issues affecting the nation, the National Film And Video Censors Board (NFVCB), Abuja, the agency in charge of censorship and rating of music videos and movies has reacted.

In an interview with veteran entertainment journalist Rasheed Abubaka, the Director, Licensing Department of the NFVCB, Cornell Agim said the rapper, Falz didn’t bring his music video for licensing and rating before he released it to the public and unfortunately, the agency’s monitoring team hasn’t reported the video to the directorate.

He said that, though it is their job to censor and rate videos before they get to the public, they can’t be everywhere. That is why journalists and members of the public affected by the visuals are expected to notify them. With that, they can investigate the videos.

In his words, ‘the agency do censorship and rating of music video before it gets to the general public. We ensure we do analysis of those videos. We also try as much as possible not to tamper with the creative intention of any artiste except they come with some obscenity, which we most time kick against. BUT Falz didn’t bring his music video for licensing before it gets to the public. As the Director of Licensing, I haven’t seen the video. Same as the agency. None of our monitoring team has brought it to my notice. Hence, we didn’t censor it before it gets to the public.

He added that,

‘the truth is, most time we can’t reach out. We are handicap because we are not everywhere and we can’t be everywhere. That’s why people like you (journalists) should notify us once you see things like that. Bring them to our notice and we’ll investigate it and bring the perpetrators to book. Often time, we get complain from Nigerians, saying what’s the agency doing? We are trying our best though our best might not be good enough. That’s why we need people like you to supply us with information about the affected song.

The agency do organise sensational programmes for filmmakers and music video doctors. We held one recently in Bauchi, we called it consultative forum but many of them didn’t come. You invite them, they won’t come. Some of them will even ask you for transportation fee. We also print out handouts containing guidelines. If you visit our website, there are relevant materials on licensing and rating. But are they visiting the site? Are they reading the uploaded materials? Despite our efforts in sanitizing the industry, some of them would prefer to break the rules’.

source : https://www.made4naija.com/2018/05/we-didnt-censor-falzs-this-is-nigeria-before-it-was-released-nigerian-film-censors-board/

This man sounds helpless. I doubt if he understands his job...

1 Like

Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by kings09(m): 1:53pm On May 31, 2018
progress69:
Is it not amazing that the same clowns who were attacking and accusing the president of demarketting Nigerians for agreeing Nigerians are fantastically corrupt and the ones championing and hailing Falz song about Nigerians being criminals. You see what bigoted and piggish idiotic hate can cause?

So in your words, Falz is ipob grin

1 Like

Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by asagbaesiri: 1:57pm On May 31, 2018
kenzysmith:
dirty linen that the world has already seen even before falz released this video..abeg park well make I see road jor!!!!
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by emmieohmz: 2:02pm On May 31, 2018
Awon omo idiot people.... NFVCD
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by martowskin1(m): 2:04pm On May 31, 2018
progress69:

See reasoning....!

Reasoning indeed, he should sing bum bum for u people to be happy....
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by Alva2018: 2:17pm On May 31, 2018
Story
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by hardon1(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2018
those girls in hijab is one core beauty of that video. so cool to see pretty girls dancing shaku in hijab. its uncommon and makes it unique. i dont see anything wrong with it cos Muslims dance shaku in thir closet, there is no big deal doing it before a camera.

it will definitely initiate a new concepts on Nigerian music video
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by israelmao(m): 2:38pm On May 31, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
you need deeper understanding to understand that line. When he said everyone is a criminal, it was based on how the police treats everyone both guilty and not guilty as criminals. Same way other countries stereotype Nigerians as criminals whether you are one or not. He didn't mean to say it is true but that it is the stereotype every Nigerian is facing.

All things being equal lawyers are trained to choose their word carefully not anyhow, as a lawyer he has better command and control of English language.Tell me how many people will understand it in the same manner you understand it and mind you this song is not mainly for local consumption.Therefore as a lawyer and musician he suppose to make his lines clearer than a rag- tag musician for every man to understand.
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 31, 2018
MTV go play am like that
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by shugacain: 2:55pm On May 31, 2018
kenzysmith:

what business are you doing in south Africa

1 Like

Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by Phoenix3000: 3:36pm On May 31, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Bros thank you for saying this and enlightening the shallow minded people on what the educated artist meant by everyone is a criminal.....how I wish this was on the first page
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by godwinelijah(m): 3:46pm On May 31, 2018
These people have come again. Did the sensor Transmission, transmission video before it was released. I beg make dem go find another thing do.
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by CSTR1003: 3:48pm On May 31, 2018
progress69:
Is it not amazing that the same clowns who were attacking and accusing the president of demarketting Nigerians for agreeing Nigerians are fantastically corrupt and the ones championing and hailing Falz song about Nigerians being criminals. You see what bigoted and piggish idiotic hate can cause?
Falz is not the president, you slowpoke.

He is a common civilian and has the right to an opinion.

Your president is the chief marketing officer of the Nigerian nation.

If you can't see the difference, then you and your president deserve each other.
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by Tex42(m): 4:16pm On May 31, 2018
What do they want to censor, the truth ni! As if there would have been anything to censor if this country wasn't a joke.
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by progress69: 4:20pm On May 31, 2018
CSTR1003:

Falz is not the president, you slowpoke.

He is a common civilian and has the right to an opinion.

Your president is the chief marketing officer of the Nigerian nation.

If you can't see the difference, then you and your president deserve each other.

So because Falz is an entertainer, u lots accepted that u are criminals. U guys are not starting #iam not a criminal, #lazynigerian youths or #i amnot corrupt simply because it was "civilian" who obviously will attract more views than whatever is ever said by the president. How moronic and hypocritical can u lots be?
If the president calls u a criminal...u will be on the internet whining and masturbating, but if a musician calls u a criminal, yes u are a criminal cos he has the right to an opinion about u. Useless criminals cheesy
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by dejisilva(m): 4:20pm On May 31, 2018
israelmao:
I did not expect Falz as a lawyer to generalize or tag every Nigeria a criminal because I am not one and there are several others who are not.Apart from this other things in the music video speak about Nigeria.

Everybody don commit crime... E no matter if na big or small... You never steal, lie, do any shady deal before?
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by Ganjafama(m): 4:23pm On May 31, 2018
kenzysmith:
You are a yahoo boy boy with this your poor English? How do your magas understand you?
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by progress69: 4:23pm On May 31, 2018
dejisilva:

Everybody don commit crime... E no matter if na big or small... You never steal, lie, do any shady deal before?

But when Buhari agree say una corrupt, and even when he nor.talk say all nigerians are lazy, una go haywire dey masturbate for social media..now na musician, una dey accept say una be criminals...dey give excuse for being called a criminal. Useless criminals everywhere!
Re: We Didn’t Censor Falz’s “This Is Nigeria” Before It Was Released – NFVCB by israelmao(m): 4:24pm On May 31, 2018
dejisilva:

Speak for yourself.I am not one of those criminals period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Declan Rice - Odumodublvck (Official Audio) / Oyinbo People Spray Money Like Nigerians, Dance To 'Chop My Money' By P-Square / (Music) Sophyn – Bonny Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.