Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman (1662 Views)

Touching Letter By An Abused Wife To Her Husband Before She Died / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by AloyEmeka8: 12:04am On May 29, 2010
[size=14pt]Man Beats Wife To Coma Over S/ex[/size]
Home | Headlines | Man Beats Wife To Coma Over Sex
Font size: Published 28/05/2010 13:41:00 Jamiu Yisa

“If he wants to have sex with me at night and I tell him I am tired, he will beat me, saying I have had enough outside. On one occasion, he beat me to the extent that I was hospitalised for three days.”

These were the words of an embattled petty trader, Mrs. Juliet Asia, who has asked an Ojo Grade ‘A’ Customary Court, Lagos to dissolve her marriage to her husband, Monday Asia, whom she claimed had turned her into a punching bag because of his incessant demand for sex and allegation of infidelity.
The mother of four told the court that her husband often accused her of having extra marital affairs with her project supervisor in school and the owner of the school where she worked, adding that her husband even threatened her supervisor and his action earned her an extra year.

She claimed that her husband’s attitude caused her father’s high blood pressure and that he eventually died.
Narrating how they met, she explained: “I met him when my mother left my siblings and I and there was nobody to take care of us. I was 16 years then and he promised to take care of me. One year into the relationship, I became pregnant. Four months after I had my first son, he left me and travelled to Edo State.
“When my mother knew about my situation, she came back, took the baby from me and appealed to me to go back to school and complete my education.
”Seven years later, he came back to beg for forgiveness. I forgave him and took him to my parents. They also forgave him and asked me to go with him.
“Immediately I became pregnant again, I went to my parents so that I can be given adequate care. When my baby was two month and 28 days old, I joined my husband in Benin, only to discover he was married to another woman.

”The woman refused me entry into the house, saying I came to displace her. Even when she finally allowed me in, I was restricted in the house,” she claimed.
She also alleged that during her stay in Benin, armed robbers attacked their house but that she suspected that the incident was a set up because she was the only one robbed.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/26153-Man-Beats-Wife-Coma-Over-Sex.html

She said she left Benin for her parents’ house after the incident because she was afraid for her life, as the robbers almost killed her child.
“After the incident, I became so afraid and told my husband I wanted to go back to Lagos. He gave me only N1,500. My parents were angry that he gave me just N1,500, so they stopped me from going to see him.

“My mother took over the baby from me and I went back to my former office. Six years later, he came back begging again and blamed his action on his own father. But my father insisted he brought his father and pay my bride price before I could go with him again.

“He didn’t have money, so, I assisted him from my savings
. The marriage took place in March 2001. He paid only N3,500 as bride price while I did all other things. After that, he joined me in Lagos. I rented a room and parlour apartment so we could feel comfortable because I was staying in a room apartment.
“Then I had my third and fourth babies for him within five years. He later told me he needed a job and he didn’t want to work for anyone. I withdrew the money in my account and bought a car for him so he could use it for transport business.
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by iice(f): 3:57pm On May 30, 2010
Sorry for her but some people bring these things on their heads.
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by Sissy3(f): 10:27pm On May 30, 2010
^^^^

abi.

some women sef
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by AloyEmeka8: 12:58am On May 31, 2010
Y'all should stop blaming the abused woman. Poverty and illiteracy can make you act stupid sometimes.
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by Sissy3(f): 3:53am On May 31, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Y'all should stop blaming the abused woman. Poverty and illiteracy can make you act silly sometimes.

you mean "love" [ can make you act silly sometimes.]?
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by iice(f): 9:34am On May 31, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Y'all should stop blaming the abused woman. Poverty and illiteracy can make you act silly sometimes.

I don't believe in that. Lack of common sense is what is causing their wahala.
I've seen enough women who have turn their fate around on their own strength.

~Sissy~:

you mean "love" [ can make you act silly sometimes.]?

Their delusions of love
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by Sissy3(f): 8:42pm On May 31, 2010
no mind them
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 31, 2010
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by Sissy3(f): 9:31pm On May 31, 2010
no mind Emeka jor

everything we must attribute it to poverty.

the woman paid 95% or more of the bride price all in the name of poverty. Emeka abi?
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by dominique(f): 11:28pm On May 31, 2010
some women are blinded by love or maybe she just feels  that one has to be married to be a respectable woman of the society. now she's going to be on her own with four kids. can't help but feel sorry for her.
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by AloyEmeka5: 1:51am On Jun 03, 2010
~Sissy~:

no mind Emeka jor

everything we must attribute it to poverty.

the woman paid 95% or more of the bride price all in the name of poverty. Emeka abi?

the dowry could be N1000 or less, it doesn't make her affluent in any way. Cut the poor lady some slack please. Remember she is the victim here .
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by Sissy3(f): 2:27am On Jun 03, 2010
Emeka spare me the emotions. the dude only contributed only 3500 to the brideprice while she handled the other expenses and youre trying to tell me that those other marriage expenses were less than 1000?

she also brought a car for this dude, she paid the apartment they lived in and i'm sure that she was also responsible for the everyday feeding and upkeep of the house moneywise. abeg jor

and yes, i am sternly against domestic abuse in any form. i'm not condoning the dudes beatings in any form. and yes she is a victim. however, i dont think poverty played any role in this as you implied rather the most abused word called "love"

Aloy+Emeka:

the dowry could be N1000 or less, it doesn't make her affluent in any way. Cut the poor lady some slack please. Remember she is the victim here .
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by AloyEmeka5: 1:46am On Jun 04, 2010
~Sissy~:

Emeka spare me the emotions. the dude only contributed only 3500 to the brideprice while she handled the other expenses and youre trying to tell me that those other marriage expenses were less than 1000?

she also brought a car for this dude, she paid the apartment they lived in and i'm sure that she was also responsible for the everyday feeding and upkeep of the house moneywise. abeg jor

and yes, i am sternly against domestic abuse in any form. i'm not condoning the dudes beatings in any form. and yes she is a victim. however, i dont think poverty played any role in this as you implied rather the most abused word called "love"

Love is blind, you haven't heard that before?. Simply because she was in love shouldn't be the reason for her jack azz husband to molest and abuse her.
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by Sissy3(f): 3:16am On Jun 04, 2010
na you come! you see now that her case has little to do with poverty but everything to do with "love".
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by luap: 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2010
All adults, teenagers, and children, should learn how to take responsibilities for their choices. I think the trend is now for young people to want choices without thinking of the repercussions of their choices.

Hope people learn from this.
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by omataeje(m): 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2010
The man na 'DONKEY' e no the tired, born born full everywhere cheesy grin
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 07, 2012
i cry for black woman kind. not just because of what we go through but because we ALLOW them to happen to us. undecided
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by mutter(f): 11:27am On Jan 13, 2012
cry cry cry
MsDarkSkin I cry with you.
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by tpia5: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2012
Old thread, but nothing about this story makes sense.

He vanished for 7 years and she took him back?

Then he disappeared for another 6 years and she still didnt have a problem with it?

Even asking the man to come and pay her brideprice after the 7 - 13 year absence?

Dont even know where to start from

lord have mercy.

Anyway, the guy probably has mental problem.
Re: The Testimony Of An Abused Black Woman by zayhal(f): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2012
It's the woman and her parents that have mental problem. How can a man abandon a woman with his child for 7yrs and the idiots still took him back. Are men that scarce to find? The woman deserves whatever she's getting now. The man committed all possible offenses: neglected her, deceived her, did not provide for her etc, yet she took him back and still spent on him. Nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Send Their Aged Parents To "old Peoples Home"? Will You? / Your Mother's Food Or your Wife's. / How Many Parents Are Guilty Of This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.