Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill (19787 Views)

Peter Obi Effect: APC And PDP Must Throw VP Slot To Young People / Atiku Reacts As Buhari Signs "Not Too Young To Run" Bill / Meet The Young Nigerians Behind "Not Too Young To Run" Advocacy - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by pegger: 3:37pm On May 31, 2018
Deji7474:
History is made, President @MBuhari has signed into law the #NotTooYoungToRun bill. Congratulations to all young men and women at @YIAGA and all the supporters of the movement.

The Nigeria youth and the sense of entitlement. It's killing us. i hear young people chime "Buhari should resign" and other crazy things all the time. Well that's not how it works and it's sad that the Nigerian youth still does not understand that. He won't resign and will most likely win the upcoming election cos he has a game plan and you don't. Until you understand politics and how it works. Your talk stays your opinion.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by victorazyvictor(m): 3:38pm On May 31, 2018
He know wetin him dey sign?
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by brodalokie: 3:41pm On May 31, 2018
Bsingle:
Nice one pmb. But to be sincere, youths needs money for the tickets.

It is not of him who runneth or willeth, but it is of Him who showeth mercy
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Follygunners: 3:43pm On May 31, 2018
They could have just reduced the age limit in the constitution instead of this FOOLISH bill!

Africans sha... undecided
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by ubongokon(m): 3:47pm On May 31, 2018
Trendy247:
Buhari is a fool... Quote me and die!

Oh' if he was wise, but here u keep bringing cureses upon urself.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by ubongokon(m): 3:48pm On May 31, 2018
Trendy247:

Oh' if he was wise, but here he keeps bringing cureses upon himself.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Blue3k(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2018
Follygunners:
They could have just reduced the age limit in the constitution instead of this FOOLISH bill!

That's exactly what they did. Common sense should make this obvious to you.

Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Kilanee: 3:59pm On May 31, 2018
Trendy247:
i dey my house come nd kill me son of a bitch

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by DanTiTa(m): 4:13pm On May 31, 2018
Come 2019, with all this comments 60% of us will still be curbing behind our phones or observing.. Nottooyoungtorun
Issokay
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Adefemiaderoju1: 4:15pm On May 31, 2018
Nice one Mr president now I expect you not to wrong for second time and endorse youth that would move this country forward
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Bsingle(m): 4:27pm On May 31, 2018
Blue3k:

Get a donation drive going or start your own party. You'll need money to campaigns as well.

That's what people will be doing now.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Bsingle(m): 4:29pm On May 31, 2018
brodalokie:

It is not of him who runneth or willeth, but it is of Him who showeth mercy

Abi na.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by daniwise(m): 4:31pm On May 31, 2018
Seriously I don't think this bill changes anything.where will the young ones get funds to obtain ordinary forms talk more of funding campaigns.The costs of obtaining these forms and the salaries of every public office holders should be slashed drastically.It is only then that the younger ones can have a say in Nigerian's politics.so let's stop celebrating what's not worth it.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by henrysam(m): 4:36pm On May 31, 2018
oye1889:
Wailing Wailers where una dey! PMB has done it again oooo
So that was an achievement for your god in aso rock.
The last time I checked, not too young was not an executive bill. It was not moved by buhaRI.
So what is the fuse about.
Tell him to go and rest and play with his grandchildren in daura Abuja or anywhere else. Let him relinquish power to his children. Nigeria needs a vibrant president
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by ayulatap: 4:41pm On May 31, 2018
So what are we doing about Fayemi who just pick 74 years old man as running mate ? APC and their confusion ! Anyway, Weldon baba go slow..
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by kitaatita: 4:46pm On May 31, 2018
Not too young to run Bill will benefit children of the rich and famous. Others will still be causing on Nairaland
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by shabak: 5:02pm On May 31, 2018
Trendy247:
lazy youth sited
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by asawanathegreat(m): 5:03pm On May 31, 2018
So who is the young youth that wll contest this 2019 election with bubu and win? Make una show me one person.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Nfora: 5:04pm On May 31, 2018
Paperwhite:
So is Buhari stepping down for the "not to young to run" or so intoxicated with power to keep saying the "youth are the leaders of tomorrow"

Its not all about the presidency.

Let the not too young start their political career from the local government.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by DivneFavour(m): 5:12pm On May 31, 2018
So I can now contest for President of Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Pelsmic: 5:12pm On May 31, 2018
Good sign
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by hisinkship(m): 5:16pm On May 31, 2018
asawanathegreat:
So who is the young youth that wll contest this 2019 election with bubu and win? Make una show me one person.

I am that young youth that will become the President of Nigeria because God has trained me for 14 painstaking years. God told me who is to clock 33 in November that He will steer up Buhari to reduce the age of Presidency to 30 in order, for his will to be manifested, but ...

Read my post of why God wants me to become President of Nigeria posted about a 2 weeks ago only with the hope that God will make this Buhari part come to pass as He had spoken.

https://www.nairaland.com/4518571/why-god-says-must-president
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by 8stargeneral: 5:16pm On May 31, 2018
Datz not wht we need,can he resign
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Grayxme: 5:17pm On May 31, 2018
This is an incredible achievement...History is indeed made today. Kudos to Mr. President you are indeed a man of your words.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Nfora: 5:24pm On May 31, 2018
But how constitutional is the bill?

For example,Section 131 of the constitution:

131. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of the President if -
(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
(b) he has attained the age of forty years;
(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and
(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

By the way,is 40years not very ideal for presidency?
Is there any need for this bill?
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by demiawise(m): 5:24pm On May 31, 2018
40-30 president
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by higherpower: 5:27pm On May 31, 2018
Trendy247:

Your stupidity is hereditary
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Blue3k(m): 5:55pm On May 31, 2018
Nfora:
But how constitutional is the bill?

For example,Section 131 of the constitution:

131. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of the President if -
(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
(b) he has attained the age of forty years;
(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and
(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

By the way,is 40years not very ideal for presidency?
Is there any need for this bill?

The constution was amended. Dont you remember NAAS and the state houses of assembly passing it past year? The admendment process so long and boring people completely forget.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Mutuwa(m): 6:04pm On May 31, 2018
Trendy247:

you just ridiculed your origin.
Re: President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill by Klington: 7:26pm On May 31, 2018
he has successfully put the last nail on his own coffin.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Frank Okiye: I Have Not Made Up My Mind To Dump APC Like Gov Obaseki / Jangebe abduction: "We Will Not Succumb To Blackmail" - Buhari Warns Bandits / 120 Atiku Support Groups Set To Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.