Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,592 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (130322 Views)

Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? / UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by FroshJaynex(m): 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
Welcomme:
Bros hw I fit take hustle this Botswana? I am tired of life here.. .I no mind to come be your boy learn work from you.. .
My guy just try get a skill, and hustle small for travel ND I don't think you'd regret it cos ur skill is the power u have over poverty
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by aycorporat(m): 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
FroshJaynex:
My guy just try get a skill, and hustle small for travel ND I don't think you'd regret it cos ur skill is the power u have over poverty
Bros I joined other numerous people to ask you what amount do I need to have to be able to come over but I got no response. Please can you help me out? Amount needed, accommodation to cost and town to stay pending when you hit it big
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ugosample(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
travelland:

I am shocked, I used to think you recide somewhere in a European or developed country. You must be a very young person to hype Ghana this way, so it's Ghana that makes you feel so much better than an average Nigerian?. This is the last time I will quote you, smh

just so you know....

cocody is NOT in Ghana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by FroshJaynex(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2018
aycorporat:

Bros I joined other numerous people to ask you what amount do I need to have to be able to come over but I got no response. Please can you help me out? Amount needed, accommodation to cost and town to stay pending when you hit it big
The thing is I don't know how ur finance is, in terms of spending but the cost of living here is higher than that of Nigeria, their accommodation is paid monthly ($150), so if u wanna come u gotta prepare well and have enough money for it but having a friend here or anyone else would be of great advantage to you, as a street boy, for me I tried to make a friend here before coming, so I didn't have to think of accommodation, just my plane ticket, passport ND some little cash for runnings here, in less than 3month I made money to get my own place ND am cool now

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by KhadyM(f): 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2018
Rexnegro:

shouldn't that be a good reason to go to Zambia ? please come down to my level of understanding.

It isnt. Unless youre very rich. Nobody chooses to live in expensive places
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by aycorporat(m): 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2018
FroshJaynex:
The thing is I don't know how ur finance is, in terms of spending but the cost of living here is higher than that of Nigeria, their accommodation is paid monthly ($150), so if u wanna come u gotta prepare well and have enough money for it but having a friend here or anyone else would be of great advantage to you, as a street boy, for me I tried to make a friend here before coming, so I didn't have to think of accommodation, just my plane ticket, passport ND some little cash for runnings here, in less than 3month I made money to get my own place ND am cool now
Thanks for the response my guy. i wouldn't mind if you can hook me up with any Nigerian community member over there just in case I am ready. God bless your hustle Bro.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Alkanoicacid(m): 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
BlissB:
Bros ans person na .....or is that your email address not valid

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Welcomme: 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
FroshJaynex:
What kinda skill do u advise I learn? Secondly, like hw much do I need to have to plan my travelling?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ugosample:

Well I have lived in some other African countries, and yes, especially if you are an entrepreneur, moving to another stable African counter could be the best thing you could ever do

Life in Abidjan is lovely, life in Accra too is also lovely but I prefer Abidjan

When I stayed in Cotonou and Abomey Calavi, life was slower than what I am used to, but I loved it.

Lome is VERY SMALL and Ouaga is also a bit slow.

Liberia and Sierra Leone to me are even more shitty than Nigeria, but they have business potential too

Sadly the Lebanese and Chinese are the ones profiting, especially in Freetown

so guys, with proper planning and God on your side, you will most definitely succeed out there
Ugosample ,you are very right about abomey calavi.I live and work in Godomey calavi axis.Just planning to migrate to a much more better country.H ow long did you live here and where are you now?

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Alkanoicacid(m): 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nobody is talking about North African countries o. Tunisia, Morocco etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2018
ekems2017:
My younger brother left for Gambia last year. In less than three months, he got a teaching job. His pay in Nigerian currency is 56k then if you add the home studies he conducts he is earning more than 100k as a nursery school teacher.
His elder brother joined him this year and also got a teaching job last month.
He regreted wasting three yrs in Nigeria after his Nysc without a job .
The good part of it is that the country is sponsoring who ever want to go for Masters outside and still comes back to work for them.

Nigeria my country has a long way to go Allah.
Connect me with this your brothers Biko.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by aycorporat(m): 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
Alkanoicacid:
True observation. Nobody is even talking about the North African Countries

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by BlissB(f): 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2018
[quote author=Alkanoicacid post=68087369][/quote] grin grin
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 4:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
dy79:

Gambia is not bad at all but then sponsoring people for master abroad is not happening here. Am currently in Gambia teaching in the highest paid international school, the take home is not too good , but I make so much I mean so much money from private classes. Anyone that is interested can just let me know.
I'm interested sire!
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2018
dy79:

No need of French knowledge in Gambia
My pm no dey work ,but drop me your email address let me hit u up.But pls how much is the take up basic salary.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by JWTheocracy1: 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2018
cutieme:
I'm interested sire!
Hahaha... The only young man interested in all countries, even Somalia and Syria.

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Outofsync(m): 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
Alkanoicacid:
Too racist I guess.
Arab hatred to Africans have already been well known

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by effluxpump(m): 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
FroshJaynex:
Bro Botswana is a very private country ND importing and exporting would be very difficult, my advice to you is get a skill and come over, you'd never regret it
Can a professional (pharmacist) thrive there..
Do you know the modus operandi of the health system?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Alkanoicacid(m): 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
Outofsync:

Too racist I guess.
Arab hatred to Africans have already been well known
I disagree o. Let the people that have been there come and tell us how far. At least I know people that stays in Egypt.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
dy79:

Your course of study is also very important, the salary here is just too meagre but with private study you will make it .I will like to know the subject you can teach before I can help....
As for me,i teach all science subjects and junior secondary maths.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by remymartyn: 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2018
tiwiex:

My brother, you look too far indeed. The standard of living in Nigeria makes us think all African countries are like that. I just got back from Rwanda. I was in Ethiopia, Ghana and Benin earlier. The story is the same as described by a commenter. Security is top notch in all these places and they have constant light (well, almost). I don't know how this country called Nigeria became a jungle. Now I see what Kanu means. He even downplayed it by calling it a zoo. Lol. This is not about analysing the situation. I also think as a black man, you are easily welcomed here in Africa. I almost opened a company in Rwanda with my passport oh. I was just curious. The fellows at RDB told me how but also said it was not even necessary to start something. I will still do it. They generally like to meet Nigerians and show them the ropes.

I will be visiting others soon. I have had an Africa travel bug for sometime now. America no even dey my mind. I am yet to renew my visa. I believe if we want to fix Nigeria, we need to see how our contemporaries are doing it and not look at the West. Oyinbo full Ethiopia and Rwanda. They love it there oh.

For some pics and videos on my journey, you can check it out on Instagram @trekafrik. If you feel like, please follow me. That would be encouraging. If you want some tips too, feel free to ask. I am happy to share from the small wey I know.
How easy is setting up a business there?Also ,how is living standard there?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2018
effluxpump:

Can a professional (pharmacist) thrive there..
Do you know the modus operandi of the health system?
efflux influx, resistance mechanism

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Outofsync(m): 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2018
Alkanoicacid:

I disagree o. Let the people that have been there come and tell us how far. At least I know people that stays in Egypt.
And they didn't say anything about even some form of racism they felt there? I find that hard to believe. A close relative of mine once migrated to a North African country, but had to relocate back due to the intolerable level of racist he said he experienced. He's a "black revolutionary " sha so it might have been perceived gringrin

shift Abeg, Mae we siddon together dey wait for them

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by eleojo23: 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
aycorporat:

True observation. Nobody is even talking about the North African Countries

Fear north ! lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Triniti(m): 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2018
yungchivvy:
Am thinking of Ghana... I wish to have a bakery there
please be fast about it, minus the bread they sell in shop rite Ghana, the rest been sold on the street tests like raw flour

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by mosco11(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2018
after my useless NYSC program, na to find money run comot o either ivory coast or gambia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Yungmilio2(m): 5:46pm On Jun 01, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Yungmilio2(m): 5:48pm On Jun 01, 2018
mosco11:
after my useless NYSC program, na to find money run comot o either ivory coast or gambia
Nysc Big Trap for the business oriented ones . Have friends who had to abandon the program. Cause it’s affecting their business and time Schedule

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by karlboss: 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2018
Oluwa pick call oh.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
Lonestar124:
You can't compare Nigeria and any country in Africa in economy..Nigeria dominate.

Liberia is still waking from war trauma..The erudite ones are still in exile in American...USA is their second home.

You can make it in Liberia if you wisely apply with naija
standard.

The country need professional touches in all aspect...we have many Nigerians as rev-father, professors, business empire, doctors, sport directors, and so on.

Don't come to Liberia without connection or invitation

You will regret it. No menial jobs to start up here.
How is the place like and what are the businesses that gives better money there and is it true that US dollar bills is used there?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by dy79(m): 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2018
cutieme:
As for me,i teach all science subjects and junior secondary maths.

I feel like helping everyone, but what I can say is that if you guys can drop your CV and credentials I will seriously be of help. But I will make a point clear that the salary is relatively poor only private class is the way out. I was in Niger teaching maths in an a level school at ilupeju Lagos and I was earning even bigger than my current salary but what I make from private class here in Gambia is *4....my Niger salary put together... Let me have your CV please.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (37) (Reply)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.