Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus (34065 Views)

These Are Top 8 Things That Will Drain Your Car Battery / 15 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About The Luxurious Rolls Royce Brand (pics) / 10 Interesting Things You Didn’t Know About Lamborghini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Kingdolo(m): 7:42pm On May 31, 2018
cool
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by tomsingun4(m): 7:42pm On May 31, 2018
Lexus na baba

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by okenwaa(m): 7:43pm On May 31, 2018
Nice one AutoJosh.

Learnt one or two things from this post.

Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Donreiy: 7:46pm On May 31, 2018
goal9ja11:
Yesterdays Betting Odds WON!!

Checkout Goal 9ja Football Forum Today! To get 90% Sure football betting odds / prediction for free!! And also stand a chance to win Cash prizes from our forum football prediction competitions

To Visit Goal 9ja: [url=nairaland.site/sports]CLICK HERE[/url]
make the mods ban this guy na...
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 31, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

Lexus is the luxury vehicle division of Japanese car maker Toyota.

Autojosh.com present to you “10 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus”

Lexus is one of the newest car brands in the world. Other brands date back to early or mid 1900s , Lexus was released for the first time 1989 with the LS model, weird to imagine that Toyota nursed the idea for 6years (since 1983)

Only the best Toyota manufacturing professionals are allowed to apply for Lexus manufacturing. Quality control is taken very serious in the production of Lexus products.

The Lexus LFA Nurburgring is the most expensive automobile in the entire Lexus and Toyota fleet. It starts at about $375,000(#140million), only 500 LFAs were made within two years despite the fact that it took them 10years to start production ..

Ford CEO Alan Mullay was caught driving a Lexus LS 460 in 2006. This is considered outrageous and regarded as insurbodination. When asked ,he said “it was the finest car in the world"

And did he get the "finest" sack letter after saying that?

Just thinking...

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 31, 2018
I love Lexus RX 350.. I want it to be my first car.
#billionairegoals

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by mightyhazell: 7:48pm On May 31, 2018
stano2:
I like the brand, niggas all driving Lexus 300 and 330 in my hood... Abeg the car cheap?
3 to 4 million..
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 31, 2018
PearlStreet:
AutoJosh, pls don't post anything about owners of Lexuses in Nigeria.
grin like you don see vision about the next topic loading. Expect it before you go to bed tonight. cool
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by mightyhazell: 7:49pm On May 31, 2018
christopher wallace aka notorious B. I.G was obsessed with the lexus brand,...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Lastanza: 7:53pm On May 31, 2018
Thanks man outojosh for ur dedication to constantly educating us.
Bravo

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Icon79(m): 8:00pm On May 31, 2018
I have Lexus LX470 and it's a beast. Compared to my Toyota Highlander, the Lexus drives like a tank.

To me, the best car ever made.

O pari

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 31, 2018
Great car

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by tical(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2018
Lexus luxury jeep took the life our former state minister of labour Ocholi & his family..So what's the hype about a Toyota product with soft steering wheels & terrible handling?

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Lucasbalo(m): 8:04pm On May 31, 2018
G 460 rolling baby.
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by ojasweb(m): 8:08pm On May 31, 2018
I love my Lexus RX300. Next will be RX350 by God's grace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by seunmsg(m): 8:12pm On May 31, 2018
Got an RX330 last year and it's really nice.
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by RexTramadol1: 8:16pm On May 31, 2018
Those buying imagination Lexus and those driving wonderland

Ndooo....wehdon sirs!
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by 3kay945(m): 8:17pm On May 31, 2018
ojasweb:
I love my Lexus RX300. Next will be RX350 by God's grace.

Bros, how the fuel economy? Compare with rav4 2008 or 07. Am considering buying one soon.
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:18pm On May 31, 2018
ibro2much:
Fact NO 11:-
Did you know that the acronym LEXUS comes from

L luxury
EX export
US for the United States......

lies.

Two main theories still persist concerning the meaning of the Lexus name: it’s an acronym for “luxury exports to the US” and it’s a combination of “luxury” and “elegance.” However, according to Team One, the name never had a specific meaning.
Still, Lexus’ website claims it’s a combination of root words. “Among these are the Latin “luxus” and the French “luxe” for elegance and sumptuousness, as well as the Greek “lexicon” for language and words.” The website explains that the result is a fresh, distinct word that conveys luxury in any language

source: http://thenewswheel.com/behind-the-badge-origins-lexus-name-logo/#Name-Origin
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:20pm On May 31, 2018
tical:
Lexus luxury jeep took the life our former state minister of labour Ocholi & his family..So what's the hype about a Toyota product with soft steering wheels & terrible handling?

that SUV didn't take the life of those unfortunate souls, rather non conformity to safe occupancy driving and maintenance rules of that truck caused the untimely and unfortunate death of them.

may their souls rest in peace.
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by godofuck231: 8:22pm On May 31, 2018
theapeman4:
Do you know that black women are the most dangerous species in the world?

When I was young eba stick was like IED is to the Nigerian army in bornu
Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by godofuck231: 8:22pm On May 31, 2018
theapeman4:
Do you know that black women are the most dangerous species in the world?

When I was young eba stick was like IED is to the Nigerian army in bornu, my mama was deadly when armed so I concur

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Mbediogu(m): 8:23pm On May 31, 2018
Benekruku:
9. The man who invented the brand is from Oshogbo in Osun state.

For carrying Oshogbo weed to Ogbomosho town.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by newjosboy: 8:24pm On May 31, 2018

Ford CEO Alan Mullay was caught driving a Lexus LS 460 in 2006. This is considered outrageous and regarded as insurbodination. When asked ,he said “it was the finest car in the world”

[

[/quote]

You did not tell us what later happened to the Ford CEO. Forgive me for my amebo.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by lymelyte(m): 8:24pm On May 31, 2018
Lexus is worth the hype mehn..So smooth,sleek and elegant..

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by toyosi15(m): 8:32pm On May 31, 2018
theconsortium:
Autojosh I hope u've got a quality car, with all this your research for car as if Na project work.

My people GOD give us leg to trek, so we can stay healthy.. I know some we think it's because I don't have a car as if car is an achievement..
if you don’t see a car as part of achievement in life.....brother wash poverty off your face , you can only say it’s not a priority

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by sirgalahad26(m): 8:34pm On May 31, 2018
my "LEGXUS" is bae!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by divinelove(m): 8:36pm On May 31, 2018
vertueptime:
Why do they consume so much fuel

It's a luxury brand n almost all are fitted with v6 engine na for big man

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by Cosplay: 8:50pm On May 31, 2018
mansakhalifa:

And did he get the "finest" sack letter after saying that?

Just thinking...

newjosboy:

Ford CEO Alan Mullay was caught driving a Lexus LS 460 in 2006. This is considered outrageous and regarded as insurbodination. When asked ,he said “it was the finest car in the world”

You did not tell us what later happened to the Ford CEO. Forgive me for my amebo.

Alan R. Mulally went on to make critical decisions that many regard as being revolutionary and restored flagging confidence in FoMoCo.

His time as Ford Motor Co. CEO (2006-2014) turned out to be some of the best in FoMoCo's recent history.

He came in with the outsider mindset, determined to learn from what he considered the best, which was actually a Lexus LS430, not an LS460 as mentioned.

Production of the LS460 started Late 2006 but the first Model Year was 2007. Mr Mulally's comments were made mid 2006.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by ojasweb(m): 8:58pm On May 31, 2018
3kay945:

Bros, how the fuel economy? Compare with rav4 2008 or 07. Am considering buying one soon.

How would you consider #5,000 fuel from Badagry to Yaba to fro (60%) on air conditioner. To me, the fuel economy is good, but to others, that might be too much.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by 735i(m): 9:05pm On May 31, 2018
Lexus...The relentless pursuit of perfection. Got introduced to the brand last year. I can confidently say it's now Lexus or nothing.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus by oseiwe(m): 9:18pm On May 31, 2018
stano2:
I like the brand, niggas all driving Lexus 300 and 330 in my hood... Abeg the car cheap?
extra 500k, and the comfort beta pass Camry muscle

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Fastest Car Of Every Decade (1880-present) / Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY / 9 Throwback Cars You Old People Will Remember

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.