Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,206 members, 7,953,763 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:44 AM

Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? (885 Views)

The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. / INEC Replies Obasanjo: The Commission Not Under Pressure To Do What Is Wrong / Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 31, 2018
I seriously don't want to talk but this country is just not working. Nothing is moving, tribalism, nepotism and wickedness has destroyed this once beautiful country. please I want us to discuss the problems with this country and possible solutions and how to get going forward on these solutions.
I will kick it off by saying that youths are not participating in politics. The political climate has made it virtually impossible for youths to participate in any form of politics.
Please share yours!
NB: no tribalism would be tolerated here!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by ojun50(m): 7:26pm On May 31, 2018
Has a youth to join nigerian politics one need good money nd a strong God fatherism nd the one's that have the money are even scare to join because thy lack vision nd Afred of there life with wht is going on in this country i don't see a youth win next year election.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Turantula(m): 8:01pm On May 31, 2018
When some codeine and tramadol addicted Zombies with their skull mining cousins are ready to vote a known gworo chewing pedophile terrorist.
So what do you expect?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by papoudaupolos: 8:06pm On May 31, 2018
Nigeria is perfectly working for some and if you are not among them please try to find the right code.

Nigerian youth are only interested in making fast cash but to get into politics you needed more than that. You need to grow your influence and know how and when to use it. That's how it's everywhere in the world
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by theenchanter: 9:19pm On May 31, 2018
Everything is certainly wrong with Nigeria and it starts with the foundation. Nigeria's foundation is rickety. It's not a matter of youths joining politics or not. Even if 1m Emmanuel Macrons are running the affairs of Nigeria with this set-up, nothing will still work.

Firstly, Nigeria is too diversed to run a unitary system, we're all different in our ideologies, no common goal, no direction, no common history, infact no physical resemblance! It's also pertinent to note that the unitary system was adopted to unite the country due to threat to Nigeria's existence, it's not created to develop d country. it's better to free d regions n let them develop at their own pace for d development of d country.Check everywhere in d whole world n tell me where a populated and diversed country run this system of government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by anibirelawal(m): 10:34pm On May 31, 2018
UNPATRIOTIC NIGERIANS.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 31, 2018
Turantula:
When some codeine and tramadol addicted Zombies with their skull mining cousins are ready to vote a known gworo chewing pedophile terrorist.
So what do you expect?
Exactly what the OP was trying to point out.

When re we going to stop this tribal and religious hatred in this country?
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by maclatunji: 11:59pm On May 31, 2018
Development is a process. It will move faster when we abandon primordial sentiments.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by richeso: 12:11am On Jun 01, 2018
the only thing that is wrong in Nigeria. is a set of people. this people are the Yoruba's
see proof

https://www.nairaland.com/4530903/2019-elections-outbreak-bmc-propagandists

if this are not the problems, what else is ?
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by richeso: 12:13am On Jun 01, 2018
kingkakaone:

Exactly what the OP was trying to point out.

When re we going to stop this tribal and religious hatred in this country?
is the youths not Idiots if they vote in for another 4yr a 75yr old to be president in this 2018 out of millions of Nigerians. ?
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by gidgiddy: 12:18am On Jun 01, 2018
Arondizuogu:
I seriously don't want to talk but this country is just not working. Nothing is moving, tribalism, nepotism and wickedness has destroyed this once beautiful country. please I want us to discuss the problems with this country and possible solutions and how to get going forward on these solutions.
I will kick it off by saying that youths are not participating in politics. The political climate has made it virtually impossible for youths to participate in any form of politics.
Please share yours!
NB: no tribalism would be tolerated here!

When the British brought Igbo/Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba together in 1914, it was like bringing a cat, a Dog and and a rabbit together under one roof. All 3 can live under the same roof as long as the owner of the house is there to control them. But when the owner leaves the house, all 3 will tear themselves and the house down.

That's what happend when the British left in 1960. So what is the problem of Nigeria? We are incompatible and it is time to divide the country

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 01, 2018
gidgiddy:

When the British brought Igbo/Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba together in 1914, it was like bringing a cat, a Dog and and a rabbit together under one roof. All 3 can live under the same roof as longer as the owner of the house is there to control them. But when the owner leave a the house, all 3 will tear themselves and the house down.

That's what happend when the British left in 1960. So what is the problem of Nigeria? We are incompatible and it is time to divide the country

I honestly believe that we have no way of being a country! In no sane sane world should we have become a country in the first first. It's just like bringing Israel, India and Pakistan together.. Won't work! But we have found ourselves in this situation, how do we make the best out of it instead of fighting and cursing upandan.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 01, 2018
Turantula:
So what do you expect?

I maintain what I said, no tribalism and insulting words on this thread! Biko nna
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 01, 2018
theenchanter:
Everything is certainly wrong with Nigeria and it starts with the foundation. Nigeria's foundation is rickety. It's not a matter of youths joining politics or not. Even if 1m Emmanuel Macrons are running the affairs of Nigeria with this set-up, nothing will still work.

Firstly, Nigeria is too diversed to run a unitary system, we're all different in our ideologies, no common goal, no direction, no common history, infact no physical resemblance! It's also pertinent to note that the unitary system was adopted to unite the country due to threat to Nigeria's existence, it's not created to develop d country. it's better to free d regions n let them develop at their own pace for d development of d country.Check everywhere in d whole world n tell me where a populated and diversed country run this system of government.

This is a good input. Isn't this what everyone should be fighting for now? True federalism or confederacy! I believe that we become serious like we did with the "not too young to run" bill, this would become possible too!!
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 01, 2018
maclatunji:
Development is a process. It will move faster when we abandon primordial sentiments.

This process that has taken us more than 56 years to move forward, are we snails? It's more than a decade too far behind please! More than half of the population live in abject poverty and you are talking about process. Is it not the same wash, rinse and shine that we have been doing since..
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 01, 2018
richeso:
the only thing that is wrong in Nigeria. is a set of people. this people are the Yoruba's
see proof

https://www.nairaland.com/4530903/2019-elections-outbreak-bmc-propagandists

if this are not the problems, what else is ?

No tribalism on this thread, we are matured adults for Heaven's sake. Please Yoruba's on this thread, do not reply this guy in order not to make matters worse, please!!
Who is the mod here, so your work!
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by richeso: 2:06am On Jun 01, 2018
Arondizuogu:

No tribalism on this thread, we are matured adults for Heaven's sake. Please Yoruba's on this thread, do not reply this guy in order not to make matters worse, please!!
Who is the mod here, so your work!

am sorry if you think that's tribalism. i only pointed out the problem of this country. or how would you call youths who should be fighting for a better Nigeria being hired to defend corrupt politicians ? if the youths are the one instead of fighting for good are promoting evil, who should we call Nigerians ? or are they this BMC etc not Nigerians ? how on earth a sane human will tell me Nigeria as it is right now is in good shape..how ? how ?
you don't look more for problems of this Country..right now the problem of Nigeria is the Nigerian Youths and majorly the BMC idiots.

if we have a 1 united youths fighting for justice. Nigeria will be a better place.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by richeso: 2:09am On Jun 01, 2018
theenchanter:

GBAM!!!!!!!!
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by maclatunji: 8:38am On Jun 01, 2018
Arondizuogu:

This process that has taken us more than 56 years to move forward, are we snails? It's more than a decade too far behind please! More than half of the population live in abject poverty and you are talking about process. Is it not the same wash, rinse and shine that we have been doing since..

It took America more than 100 years, Britain over 500 years. The greater your prospects, the greater your challenges it seems.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by CodeTemplar: 9:45am On Jun 01, 2018
maclatunji:

It took America more than 100 years, Britain over 500 years. The greater your prospects, the greater your challenges it seems.
People like you are the problem. When GEJ was there you wanted immediate results, now that your candidate is there it takes a hundred years.
Did it take a hundred years for singapore and dubai also ? Stay there and be proactively shielding failures of same faith.

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 01, 2018
richeso:

is the youths not Idiots if they vote in for another 4yr a 75yr old to be president in this 2018 out of millions of Nigerians. ?
Is it only youths that vote?

BTW I was talking about ethnic and religious hatred.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by richeso: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2018
kingkakaone:

Is it only youths that vote?

BTW I was talking about ethnic and religious hatred.

there's no real hatred bro. only political racism. if you go to the north you will find an igbo man there.. if you go to the east you will see housa man , if you go to the west you see all tribes and tongues, same goes to the south. so keep that hatred thing. the problem is our Youths.
many of them are so blind and cowardice till the extend they can sell off their future for a temporally plate of rice and peanuts. they are used by political thieves to create fake stories, defend lies, cause havoc in communities, create unrest in states etc. all this things are all political even boko haram today is a political terrorists to extort money from government pulse. the real sponsors are politicians and military bigwigs in Nigeria.
there's no way you can stop boko haram when its bringing in billions to the pocket of so many politicians. even the military chiefs knows watsup.

if truly Nigeria want to end boko haram it will take just 1 week. i repeat 1 week and the stories of boko haram is forgotten. take example from what happen to IPOB. if the youths can defend lies and promote falsehood how can i be sure the youths can be different from the thieves we have now ? what example has the youths portray if those same youths are employed and given a centre ( BMC ) ?
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
richeso:

there's no real hatred bro. only political racism. if you go to the north you will find an igbo man there.. if you go to the east you will see housa man , if you go to the west you see all tribes and tongues, same goes to the south. so keep that hatred thing. the problem is our Youths.
many of them are so blind and cowardice till the extend they can sell off their future for a temporally plate of rice and peanuts. they are used by political thieves to create fake stories, defend lies, cause havoc in communities, create unrest in states etc. all this things are all political even boko haram today is a political terrorists to extort money from government pulse. the real sponsors are politicians and military bigwigs in Nigeria.
there's no way you can stop boko haram when its bringing in billions to the pocket of so many politicians. even the military chiefs knows watsup.

if truly Nigeria want to end boko haram it will take just 1 week. i repeat 1 week and the stories of boko haram is forgotten. take example from what happen to IPOB. if the youths can defend lies and promote falsehood how can i be sure the youths can be different from the thieves we have now ? what example has the youths portray if those same youths are employed and given a centre ( BMC ) ?

Well, u are correct.
I hope the youths collecting peanuts get wisdom sooner.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2018
maclatunji:

That's a lie brother! less than fifty years after independence, USA was already competing with European powers! Jefferson bought Louisiana from France, doubled the country's size! Go and read Alexis De Tocqueville's Democracy in America. He was a French foreign minister who was so impressed by this new Country's might that he came to visit and see what they do right!!!
Britain became a world power soon after losing the hundred years war; the only country that took more than 400 years was China because of various factions and wars like we are doing now.
Open your history books mister!!

(1) (Reply)

Help Nigeria Out, Frank Begs British PM / Offa Robbery: Police Insist Saraki Must Appear, Deny Withdrawing Invitation / Ekiti Election: Another Tragedy In Ekiti As Fayemi’s Convoy Kills Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.