Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

#nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades (15404 Views)

Is Bukola Saraki Senate The Best Senate President Nigeria Ever Had? / Why APC Senators Dropped Plans To Impeach Saraki – Senate Leader / IGP Idris Drags Saraki, Senate To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by DIYhackers: 10:12pm On May 31, 2018
akeentech:

Who are you to be followed up n down
get a life
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by MPESA(m): 10:16pm On May 31, 2018
imam07:
Thse people do not know that Bukola saraki did it because of his young son who wants to go for political post. His son his entering house of senate next election. So u people who does not know about this should be quiet.
Even though sir but that's also gives others in that age brackets to contest or will his son remains there forever.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by mimimile93: 10:31pm On May 31, 2018
They don't deserve any acolade from me until the pass a bill for political retirement age.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by Oxalic(m): 10:58pm On May 31, 2018
Yes.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by Akolawole(m): 11:43pm On May 31, 2018
life2017:
I am 35.years old. I don't really see the benefit of the so called not too young to rule bill.

It reduces president from 40 years to 35 years. How is that important?

It left Governor and Senate as 35 years it has always been.

It reduces house of rep and house of assembly from 30 years to 25 years.

At what age do most Nigeria succeed financially to have the capacity to compete in Nigeria expensive and violent election?

The bill is going to favour the children of politicians and the children of the rich. This will further promote Nepotism in the system. because the only persons in that age bracket who can compete in Nigeria politics are children of politicians and the rich.

Agreed with you 100%.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by msylva2147(m): 11:46pm On May 31, 2018
life2017:
I am 35.years old. I don't really see the benefit of the so called not too young to rule bill.

At what age do most Nigeria succeed financially to have the capacity to compete in Nigeria expensive and violent election?

The bill is going to favour the children of politicians and the children of the rich. This will further promote Nepotism in the system. because the only persons in that age bracket who can compete in Nigeria politics are children of politicians and the rich.
you have said it all, the passage of this bill is of no importance to the youths in anyway. I was expecting them to sign a bill of execution of any corrupt politician by hanging and introducing the likes of Arochukwu, Amadioha and sango to be use for anyone that has been elected into public office to take an oath by it.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by msylva2147(m): 11:47pm On May 31, 2018
life2017:

you have said it all, the passage of this bill is of no importance to the youths in anyway. I was expecting them to sign a bill of execution of any corrupt politician by hanging and introducing the likes of Arochukwu, Amadioha and sango to be use for anyone that has been elected into public office to take an oath by it, so that the number of corrupt politicians will be reduced by 99%.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by msylva2147(m): 11:51pm On May 31, 2018
MPESA:

Even though sir but that's also gives others in that age brackets to contest or will his son remains there forever.
And you think it is everybody is in that age bracket that will be able to sponsor that? It's still an advantage for them because they will still sponsor their children with the ill-gotten wealth.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by msylva2147(m): 11:58pm On May 31, 2018
b3llo:
They should give us Assurance first by.
1. Reducing the cost of buying electoral form.
2. Not interfering with the electoral process.
3. Let everything to be free and fair.
That's exactly my thoughts, because it's not everyone that can even afford to purchase the form in first place, and when you look at how much the form alone will cost you, you will prefer going into business because even if you succeeded in purchasing the form the guarantee for the winning is not even there.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by laudate: 12:05am On Jun 01, 2018
life2017:

Gbam! You are so right! sad Even the young people pushing forth the bill do not have the skills, vision, capacity and mentality to hold public office and transform it to a vehicle of development for the people. How many of those young people who took pictures with Buhari today, for signing that bill into law, can successfully run a local govt office?

1 Like

Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by msylva2147(m): 12:06am On Jun 01, 2018
jaxxy:

I agree they should have dropped that of the senate to 30years. Then they would have gotten some accolades.
My brother even if they dropped it to 15years is still not for everyone, do you think we don't have people of integrity amongst the old people? But the problem is that it is not everyone that can afford the expenses.

1 Like

Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by laudate: 12:09am On Jun 01, 2018
Jolar101:
This bill disqualified all president Buhari and all these corrupt politicians in elected positions.

But unfortunately, Nigeria is governed by law breakers.

Let all the political parties revisit the price of their forms.

How exactly did "this bill disqualified all president Buhari and all these corrupt politicians in elected positions?" shocked How, biko nu? It merely lowers the age of entry, for attaining certain public offices. It does NOT bar people above a certain age, from contesting such offices.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by laudate: 12:10am On Jun 01, 2018
massinola:
I'm confused really about this bill. Does the bill reduce the prices of different forms for different political positions? Like the presidential form from 27m to 5m? So that the youths can purchase them with ease.
Help me ask dem, o! shocked
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by MPESA(m): 12:39am On Jun 01, 2018
msylva2147:
And you think it is everybody is in that age bracket that will be able to sponsor that? It's still an advantage for them because they will still sponsor their children with the ill-gotten wealth.
That's the bitter truth.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by sweetgala(m): 5:58am On Jun 01, 2018
DIYhackers:

You were making sense until the last past

It is a crude fact accept it now or wake up to this sad and dangerous reality soon.

I know many young people campaigning and contesting and I can tell you they are children of the influential, they are using their parents and grandparents reputation, network and wealth.

The rouse is to transfer power to their children, why do you think these people steal all this money to start with. It's obviously for their children the same Bukola Saraki's father did, look at the Nigerian political system the son of Oba Tejuosho is in the senate he may be a brilliant doctor but his father's influence didn't go amiss, Who was FFK outside his father's fame ? , Who is Dapo Lam outside of his father's fame ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by Kennyprince: 6:37am On Jun 01, 2018
If there is anything saraki deserves that i know of, it a jail term. He is corrupt, selfish and dubious
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by lirusehn(m): 7:09am On Jun 01, 2018
jaxxy:

I agree they should have dropped that of the senate to 30years. Then they would have gotten some accolades.

Are you stressed bro?

1 Like

Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by boyjo: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2018
life2017:

Just look at how you are misleading people.
Presidential and Governor and Senate were reduced to 30years and the others 25. How you take dey read?
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by hush15: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2018
seunmsg:
Saraki and his fellow senators deliberately refused to reduce the age requirement to contest for Senate because they don't want younger people to contest their seats against them. They deserve no accolades for their selfishness.

You are a natural born hater paid to hate the SP. ordinarily, am not surprised by your comment but it's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

newway, the bill is useless as far as I am concerned because like the FTC posted, Nigerian politics is too expensive for the average Nigerian. only the very rich who has the will to be just and true to Nigeria that can afford without being compromised but that will be like asking water from the moon.

secondly, even the youths themselves don't understand the gravity of what they are demanding. is it the same youths that dont understand the concept of great power comes with great responsibility. Youths today that finds it difficult to agree on constructive criticism, not to mention building an idealogy. Youths that don't consider moral uprightness. youths that lean more on affluence than hardwork like you are doing....

for me, we just exposed ourselves to more problems because we just agreed with these politicians to sponsor their offspring to power at early unmature ages.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by boyjo: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2018
life2017:

Just look at how you are misleading people.
Presidential and Governorship and Senate were reduced to 30years and the others 25. How you take dey read?
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by boyjo: 8:46am On Jun 01, 2018
jaxxy:

You no read the article see say them drop am to 30?
You just read life2017 comment begin comment? sad
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by jaxxy(m): 8:52am On Jun 01, 2018
boyjo:

You no read the article see say them drop am to 30?
You just read life2017 comment begin comment? sad

Lol honestly i was too tired to read all that and i saw life2017 as a summary i didn't go back to read the main story. Well good development.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by Yahami(m): 9:52am On Jun 01, 2018
they should pass a law that:
1. Nigeria Police Should not be seen at the polling unit.
2. Any politician sharing money at the polling unit should be arrested, prosecute and jail
3. The INEC should be selected from clerics (Chairman/secretary) from both faith
4. there shouldn't be free movement to selected personality on election day except you are and electoral officer.
5. The cost of buying form should be drop to thousands instead of millions as stand today
Its my view that things will get better with this
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by boyjo: 10:00am On Jun 01, 2018
jaxxy:

Lol honestly i was too tired to read all that and i saw life2017 as a summary i didn't go back to read the main story. Well good development.

The guy mislead people wella.
All those who made comments on the first page made it based on his intentional or erroneous comment.
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by SmallSimba: 10:05am On Jun 01, 2018
Pwahahaha...And the way Nigerians boast "we are the giant of Africa." What is so had with placing the age at 18 years?
Re: #nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades by Onyemaboy(m): 10:38am On Jun 01, 2018
One can now contest for preside at 30 but can not be employed at the same age. Why is government agencies putting employment age below 30?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo 2020, Obaseki Vs Ize-Iyamu: Supreme Court To Deliver Judgment Today / Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him / EFCC Begins Road Walk Against Corruption In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.