Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him (15406 Views)

Tribunal Update: I Won Kogi Governorship Election – Wada / Idris Wada Of PDP Begins Campaign (Photos) / Idris Wada Holding His Governorship Certificate Upside Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Okimski(m): 6:36am On Nov 30, 2015
Idris Wada, governor of Kogi state and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the November 21 election, says the votes of Abubakar Audu, his main rival in the poll, “died with him”.

Audu passed on shortly after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared the election inconclusive.

The electoral commission explained that a winner could not be declared because the number of cancelled votes was higher than the margin between the two leading contenders.

Audu, who was ahead, polled 240,861 votes, while Wada got 199,514 votes, leaving a margin of 41,353, which was less than the 49,953 votes that were voided.

INEC subsequently scheduled a supplementary election for December 5 and asked APC to replace its late candidate.

But in a statement on Sunday, Wada, who had earlier expressed reservation over INEC’s directive, accused the commission of doing “a hatchet job”.

He said being the only surviving candidate with the “majority of lawful votes cast”, INEC ought to issue him a certificate of return.

“Whatever votes Audu scored in the election died with him,” read the statement signed on his behalf by Phrank Shaibu, his chief communications manager.

Wada described as “specious” INEC’s argument that APC’s right to substitution was sustained by the electoral act, saying the electoral body should know that it is for the court, not the commission, to determine which course of action is effective or not.

“In arriving at a decision, INEC merely carried out the directives of the attorney-general of the federation… the AGF is not competent to issue directives to INEC to allow APC to substitute its candidate for the Kogi guber poll and that such directives are null and void for its inconsistency with the provisions of the constitution,” the statement read.

“To us as a party, the most egregious of the faux pas committed by INEC is asking the APC to lawfully nominate a candidate for the supplementary governorship election without a valid and legally cognizable primary election of the party conducted within the mandatory timeliness specified by the electoral act.

“It is our considered opinion that, INEC, more than any other body, ought to know that having regards to the provisions of section 141 of the electoral act, 2010, votes scored by a candidate who died during an election cannot be inherited by or transferred to a person who was not a candidate at the said election and who did not participate in all stages of such election, for the purpose of concluding such election.”

He said it was on the strength of the position of the electoral act on the developments in the state that he has asked the court to compel INEC to issue him with a certificate of return.

The statement added that the party was hopeful that the court will issue an order of injunction restraining APC from organising or holding a fresh primary election for the purpose of “any supplementary election”.

https://www.thecable.ng/wada-won-poll-audus-votes-died

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by orobs93(m): 6:41am On Nov 30, 2015
Ok

Shameless wada defeated by a dead man

Here claiming victory

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Mynd44: 6:43am On Nov 30, 2015
Which school(s) did this guy attend?

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Junior66(m): 6:43am On Nov 30, 2015
Thats true.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by dunkem21(m): 6:44am On Nov 30, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Oklander: 6:44am On Nov 30, 2015
Mynd44:
The guy is dull!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by captainflash(m): 6:45am On Nov 30, 2015
Story for the gods ni undecided

Kogi people no like u nah my force?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Okimski(m): 6:46am On Nov 30, 2015
Wada you fail to quote any constitution authority to backup your point.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by dunkem21(m): 6:47am On Nov 30, 2015
Oklander:
The guy is dull!

What of INEC ..

..and APC ..Dulling things.

2 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by yhemsy62(m): 6:50am On Nov 30, 2015
Dis guy dey make me laugh o

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by drey076(m): 6:56am On Nov 30, 2015
This guy is really a fool

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 30, 2015
wada must be a LieNus

6 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by stinggy(m): 7:14am On Nov 30, 2015
Wishes grin grin

Dream on Mr Wada, it's still free. shame nor kukuma catch u undecided

5 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by cephaswizzy(m): 7:17am On Nov 30, 2015
lol

2 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Aromas: 7:21am On Nov 30, 2015
Mynd44:
Olamaboro community development high school. grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by mrvitalis(m): 7:24am On Nov 30, 2015
Nigerian leaders are soo dull... . No wonder foreign investors come here and dupe the he'll out of us and we will be laughing and thanking them

... .. I say it every dey there is no state I will rule on this country and the revenues won't reach 1 trn after 8 years
... Quote me any time

8 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by JingoOAU(m): 8:15am On Nov 30, 2015
To even imagine that this Wada is a retired pilot, owner of the defunct Executive Airline Service(EAS), and Moreso, one of the best brain Nigerian Aviation has produced so far, it's really a pathetic case for him

Despite coming from the aviation family, he never did anything tangible in his position as a governor to influence FG towards a favourable and positive policies in aviation

And to even imagine that this same Wada prior to him joining politics, always curse and curse politicians and even swear he can never have anything to do with politics...yet, his 4year term is the most useless term ever witnessed in any state in Nigeria...even Theodore Orji better Wada by far

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by M4gunners: 8:24am On Nov 30, 2015
All of our politicians are only interested in their self. APC or PDP none of you has the interest of the masses. It is very bad to leave comfortable,while the people that voted you in are hungry.

12 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by eureka: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2015
The Law is an ass.

2 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by permsec: 8:47am On Nov 30, 2015
If you were effective, audu's vote/death wouldnt have been your concern.
Stupid governors like this anumanu brings a bad image to the PDP. GPU!

20 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by coolhamid(m): 9:55am On Nov 30, 2015
How can Kogi state have positive development when they have someone like Wada as governor?
See the way the dude reason like ...

16 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by OJenterprise: 9:56am On Nov 30, 2015
The election was inconclusive even before Audu died.

1 Like

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Beno3: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2015
Ninja!
Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Sijo01(f): 9:57am On Nov 30, 2015
cheesy Chaiiiii, polithiefians, make una fear God o

3 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by ericessien24: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2015
APC tell buhari to come back and free money oh
Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by siegfried99(m): 9:57am On Nov 30, 2015
Hian
Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Bsc(m): 9:57am On Nov 30, 2015
Its complicated shaaa ...lawyers where u @
Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2015
Like the Yoruba will say, this governor is alaWADA kerikeri. A comedian in government house

17 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Dee60: 9:58am On Nov 30, 2015
The votes belong to the people and the people are still alive.

In an election 2 things happen - One candidare is voted in and another candidtae is voted out.

In this instance, the current Governor has been voted out.

The people have shown him the door!

12 Likes

Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by kelvyn7: 9:58am On Nov 30, 2015
shocked
Re: Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him by Afam4eva(m): 9:58am On Nov 30, 2015
Is this the guy that has been ruling kogi for 4 years? Even a street urchjn wouldn't make such a statement. Kogi is in trouble just like they've always been. Their state capital is the worst that I have ever been to. The present and past governors which include Wada and Audu have de-developed an already underdeveloped state. In a sane society, Wada will be rounded up, shot and buried beside Audu. This stupidity has to end. What effrontery.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youths Vandalise Aishatu Jibril-Dukku's House In Gombe / Justice Ignatius Agube To PDP: Stop Washing Your Dirty Linen In Public / Bolaji Abdullahi's “On A Platter Of Gold” A Book On Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.