Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving (54001 Views)

Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes / BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops / Edo Mass Transit: 75 New Buses, Ultra-modern Terminals, Cashless Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by ChangeIsCostant: 8:58pm On May 31, 2018
The new buses that will replace the yellow buses popularly known as Danfo from Lagos state have started arriving gradually. Last year, the Lagos state government unveiled new modern buses it wants to use to replace and phase out Danfo from the state. The new buses are expected to be cheaper and durable.

Speaking during the unveiling, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode said: "When I wake up in the morning and see all these yellow buses and see Okada and all kinds of tricycles and then we claim we are a mega city, that is not true and we must first acknowledge that that is a faulty connectivity that we are running.“Having accepted that, we have to look for the solution and that is why we want to banish yellow buses this year."

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/new-modern-buses-to-replace-danfo-in-lagos.html

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by papoudaupolos: 9:05pm On May 31, 2018
And Will gradually turn to danfo

226 Likes 13 Shares

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by dyangprof(m): 9:15pm On May 31, 2018
How can dis vehicle manover Lagos short cut route when there is traffic congestion?

I think it should only be applicable to urban city metropolis, and not places like Agege to sango routes , Ajegunle routes arena, Oyingbo areas and so on.

Lagos will always be Lagos in times of Rogedity

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by ba7man(m): 9:20pm On May 31, 2018
If you refuse to adapt to change, you'll be left behind.

105 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by three: 9:21pm On May 31, 2018

These are NEW BRT BUSES

Unless you mean that BRT will replace danfos, these buses will NOT be used for inner city transport which is where new nimble buses are actually MOST NEEDED!

These are the ones we are waiting for below...

http://pmexpressng.com/lagos-buy-5000-air-conditioned-buses-replace-danfo-ambode/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Ibukunmer: 9:28pm On May 31, 2018
Looks more like interstate traveling coaches than buses.

18 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by FlyoruB: 9:39pm On May 31, 2018
Nice one. Lagos forward ever, backward never. But some perpetual bad-belle complainers will still find a reason to complain about this development.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by FlyoruB: 9:46pm On May 31, 2018
ba7man:
If you refuse to adapt to change, you'll be left behind.

Yes o. And as xpected, some bad-belle people don already begin vex. cheesy They must sha find a reason to beef LasGidi. Awon perpetual wailers.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by selemempe: 10:33pm On May 31, 2018
FlyoruB:

Yes o. And as xpected, some bad-belle people don already begin vex. cheesy They must sha find a reason to beef LasGidi. Awon perpetual wailers.
u guys are very backward...Enugu replaced its own ENTRACO Danfos since 2007 without making noise about it...u guys are making noice in 2018 because of common bus.

People say that fashola is great and all that...i just laugh...i know fashola would not transform Enugu the way sullivan did, given the money available

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by princepee: 10:36pm On May 31, 2018
There should compit with danfo, and let the commutes make their choice... Because even the Brt is not enough, some still prefer danfo because it's always available.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by CodeTemplar: 11:14pm On May 31, 2018
selemempe:
u guys are very backward...Enugu replaced its own ENTRACO Danfos since 2007 without making noise about it...u guys are making noice in 2018 because of common bus.

People say that fashola is great and all that...i just laugh...i know fashola would not transform Enugu the way sullivan did, given the money available
God bless you. Delta state too did some 6 years ago and there was no noise.

26 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by dammiecool(m): 11:20pm On May 31, 2018
CodeTemplar:
God bless you. Delta state too did some 6 years ago and there was no noise.
With how many buses?[center][/center]

15 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by BabaRamota1980: 11:24pm On May 31, 2018
Where did we get these buses from?

I like how Ambode first built befitting bus stops and terminals to host the buses.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by BabaRamota1980: 11:27pm On May 31, 2018
selemempe:

Mumu, there is difference between shuttle and transit bus. Bush boy!

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by selemempe: 11:33pm On May 31, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Mumu, there is difference between shuttle and transit bus. Bush boy!
whats d difference
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by CodeTemplar: 11:34pm On May 31, 2018
dammiecool:

With how many buses?[center][/center]
In my very rough estimate, Deltas own can't be less than 1,500 buses. Majority are 18 seater. All are brand new. People call it 'Uduaghan" there, the former governor Uduaghan Emmanuel started it.

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by CodeTemplar: 11:39pm On May 31, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Where did we get these buses from?

I like how Ambode first built befitting bus stops and terminals to host the buses.
Delta state built special parks for theirs and have both transit & shuttle.
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Gossiplover: 1:12am On Jun 01, 2018
Wow. This is great..

Lalasticlala and mynd44 come and see

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by BabaRamota1980: 1:32am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:
whats d difference

Shuttle bus is within a short cyclic route to ferry passengers back and forth. Its stops are fixed and few.

Transit bus is a long haul for add and drop passengers over many stops and long distance. Stops are on-demand.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by BabaRamota1980: 1:35am On Jun 01, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Delta state built special parks for theirs and have both transit & shuttle.

Bring picture of Delta State Transit bus

30 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by selemempe: 1:41am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Shuttle bus is within a short cyclic route to ferry passengers back and forth. Its stops are fixed and few.

Transit bus is a long haul for add and drop passengers over many stops and long distance. Stops are on-demand.

read the long story u just copied from google and tell urself if lagos danfo buses and enugu danfo buses dont do the same job...we are telling u that wat lagos is doing today, enugu did 10 years ago..and u are here speaking grammer

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by BabaRamota1980: 1:41am On Jun 01, 2018
Where did these buses come from?

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:

wait . who set that bus on fire

35 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by BabaRamota1980: 1:47am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:
read the long story u just copied from google and tell urself if lagos danfo buses and enugu danfo buses dont do the same job...we are telling u that wat lagos is doing today, enugu did 10 years ago..and u are here speaking grammer

I didnt look in google, im sure their explanation will be different from mine simply because their model is based on buses in developed cities with tight law enforcement.

I dont need google to define shuttle and transit. I have experience riding in each. My response is factual, based on reality in an underdeveloped city with no strict law enforcement.

I didnt grab the photos of Coal City Shuttle...you did. So why you upset?

Those buses you posted, are they Shuttle buses or not?

...and dont take your bad belle spoil this thread. The thread is about Lagos. If you want to showcase what Enugu did 10yrs ago, abeg open a competing thread. Simple!

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Akanbiums: 1:53am On Jun 01, 2018
Guys this thing is real just got my 5k worth of airtime

just downloaded Opera News and got ₦25 of free airtime. You can get the same here (https://lucky-ams.op-mobile.opera.com/share/z38d4m?source=wa
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by selemempe: 2:28am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I didnt look in google, im sure their explanation will be different from mine simply because their model is based on buses in developed cities with tight law enforcement.

I dont need google to define shuttle and transit. I have experience riding in each. My response is factual, based on reality in an underdeveloped city with no strict law enforcement.

I didnt grab the photos of Coal City Shuttle...you did. So why you upset?

Those buses you posted, are they Shuttle buses or not?

...and dont take your bad belle spoil this thread. The thread is about Lagos. If you want to showcase what Enugu did 10yrs ago, abeg open a competing thread. Simple!
shuttle or transit, both came to ease mass transit within their cities with modern vehicles. Btw i was enjoying the thread till one fo.ol started talking about 'bad bele people'

6 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Ratello: 2:51am On Jun 01, 2018
Nice move right there but I must give it to Enugu for their Shuttle Buses that had eased transportation headaches within the intracity routes.

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by KakiP(m): 3:00am On Jun 01, 2018
princepee:
There should compit with danfo, and let the commutes make their choice... Because even the Brt is not enough, some still prefer danfo because it's always available.

So you think there is a choice to make between the two?
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by BabaRamota1980: 3:03am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:
shuttle or transit, both came to ease mass transit within their cities with modern vehicles. Btw i was enjoying the thread till one fo.ol started talking about 'bad bele people'

If both came to solve a social problem, then what does it matter who was first to implement it?

For your information Lagos has had public transportation before Enugu was created by whites. If we were talking of firsts Enugu has no place along Lagos.

...but even if you are to showcase Enugu as a pride...give respect and allow the thread to live....dont kill it with bad belle. A good way to highlight Enugu will be to open a new thread.

Check this out, from Ratello....smooth! grin

Ratello:
Nice move right there but I must give it to Enugu for their Shuttle Buses that had eased transportation headaches within the intracity routes.

32 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by toideve(m): 4:52am On Jun 01, 2018
dyangprof:

How can dis vehicle manover Lagos short cut root when there is traffic congestion?

I think it should only be applicable to urban city metropolis, and not places like Agege to sango root, Ajegunle roots arena, Oyingbo areas and so on.

Lagos will always be Lagos in times of Rogedity

The same way BRT buses manover those routes you just mentioned.

22 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by UfuomaUN(m): 5:13am On Jun 01, 2018
Nothing new here. Most states have this buses, especially Delta

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

18 Corpers Die In Accident At Mowe - Twitter User / Man Boards Bus In Lagos With A Man Carrying Pistol (photos) / The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.