Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving (54032 Views)

Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes / BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops / Edo Mass Transit: 75 New Buses, Ultra-modern Terminals, Cashless Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by olatade(m): 5:35am On Jun 01, 2018
nice one governor ambode... setting the pace for others to follow

3 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by SIMEONMPEE(m): 5:48am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:
u guys are very backward...Enugu replaced its own ENTRACO Danfos since 2007 without making noise about it...u guys are making noice in 2018 because of common bus.

People say that fashola is great and all that...i just laugh...i know fashola would not transform Enugu the way sullivan did, given the money available

I dont know why some people just like dey compare cat and lion together ... they are both cat family no mean say they no know who b who... how can you b comparing Enugu to Lasgidi ... Man na big insult.

... in short how many commuter dey Enugu... and how many of such buses dey Enugu. .. mnd you Lagos BRT buses too as b in service ever since that 10 years u stated... they was some set of first BRT bus that was later sold to public and turn to red buses and after was the present BRT blue buses ... and now a new set of smaller buses.

The blue brt buses alone in total they should b more than 20,000 not to talk of this new ones coming in now.... and only God know how many of this new ones are coming in ...

Pls how many of those buses Enugu get. .

If you see better things bro ... appreciate it ..no dey do bad belle ..

LASGIDI IS ANOTHER COUNTRY INSIDE COUNTRY CALL NIGERIA. ..if u dont believe it .. go sleep ontop Atlantic Ocean.

13 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by adeolakemi: 7:29am On Jun 01, 2018
are all yorubas from Lagos ain't there Yoruba's from Ogun,osun,Oyo,ekiti and ondo why always claim Lagos ?

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by troublemakea(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:
u guys are very backward...Enugu replaced its own ENTRACO Danfos since 2007 without making noise about it...u guys are making noice in 2018 because of common bus.

People say that fashola is great and all that...i just laugh...i know fashola would not transform Enugu the way sullivan did, given the money available

Enugu is really remote.... ehh

and I know this is one of ur most beautiful city

9 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by ba7man(m): 7:37am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:
read the long story u just copied from google and tell urself if lagos danfo buses and enugu danfo buses dont do the same job...we are telling u that wat lagos is doing today, enugu did 10 years ago..and u are here speaking grammer
Go and sit down jooor.

Wasn't it Fashola that opened all your Governors eyes with BRT back in 2008??

We're talking about providing transport for over 20million people here in Lagos you're mentioning that small scale initiative of few buses in Enugu.

Oya......you know where you belong....

12 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by naijacentric(m): 7:45am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:

beef fashola is better dan chime any day time

5 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by MaziOmenuko: 7:55am On Jun 01, 2018
Saw the new buses yesterday.

My reservation though; they are mostly Marcopolo bus. Marc aren't ideal for city transport but for long distance journey. Their are buses designed for city transport.

Autojosh, what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Lalas247(f): 7:55am On Jun 01, 2018
It’s not even about getting New buses!
Will it stay in that condition .. give it few months and it will be ruin ... bad roads .. bad drivers .. bad passengers who will treat the bus like shît ...
We have a long way to go ..

4 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 01, 2018
My goodness ! Is this a priority

My darling Lagos is a victim of a clueless government

How is this a priority for billions to be spent

Eko oni baje Sha last last

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Franking: 7:59am On Jun 01, 2018
Arriving from where? If they are imported then we are not serious.

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by bedspread: 7:59am On Jun 01, 2018
papoudaupolos:
And Will gradually turn to danfo

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Mutemenot(m): 7:59am On Jun 01, 2018
Danfo was once a new ride with AC, I give this one one year it ll become another danfo. Good road and maintenance culture is our problem

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Krafty006: 8:00am On Jun 01, 2018
once step at a time.....An expert in Pam / sandals production ( cobbler ), is wanted for immediate employment. Apply via 08181663616. location : sango ota , Ogun state .
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 01, 2018
Lalas247:

It’s not even about getting New buses!
Will it stay in that condition .. give it few months and it will be ruin ... bad roads .. bad drivers .. bad passengers who will treat the bus like shît ...
We have a long way to go ..
You just voiced out my thoughts. Typical example is the red BRT buses and some of the blue BRT buses.

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Horus(m): 8:02am On Jun 01, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnsT31TmkKg

New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Lalas247(f): 8:03am On Jun 01, 2018
dumo1:

You just voiced out my thoughts. Typical example is the red BRT buses and some of the blue BRT buses.
Exactly ... it’s sad but true ..
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 01, 2018
Can dey ply areas with bad roads Danfo all day abeg
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by iamjavadem(m): 8:05am On Jun 01, 2018
Are you sure you know how to drive? How have all these long buses been doing it. Our staff bus driver uses short cuts all the time.
dyangprof:
How can dis vehicle manover Lagos short cut route when there is traffic congestion?

I think it should only be applicable to urban city metropolis, and not places like Agege to sango routes , Ajegunle routes arena, Oyingbo areas and so on.

Lagos will always be Lagos in times of Rogedity

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Proffdada: 8:06am On Jun 01, 2018
dyangprof:
How can dis vehicle manover Lagos short cut route when there is traffic congestion?

I think it should only be applicable to urban city metropolis, and not places like Agege to sango routes , Ajegunle routes arena, Oyingbo areas and so on.

with fewer vehicles out there as people who own cars will prefer this one,there'll be less traffic.also they have their own special lanes

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by iamjavadem(m): 8:06am On Jun 01, 2018
Our staff bus is same size and passes inner city, it’s about your driving skills bro.
three:

These are new BRT BUSES

Unless you mean that BRT will replace danfos, these buses will not be used for inner city transport which is where new nimble buses are actually MOST NEEDED!

These are the ones we are waiting for below...

http://pmexpressng.com/lagos-buy-5000-air-conditioned-buses-replace-danfo-ambode/

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Shaev7(m): 8:07am On Jun 01, 2018
dyangprof:

I tire. You can ask that again
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by iamjavadem(m): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2018
Bad belle, you can move to Enugu then.
selemempe:

3 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by iamjavadem(m): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2018
You can move to Enugu or Delta state. Bad belle.
CodeTemplar:
God bless you. Delta state too did some 6 years ago and there was no noise.
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by iamjavadem(m): 8:10am On Jun 01, 2018
Don’t be a lazy youth, google it.
selemempe:
whats d difference
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by Hez143(m): 8:11am On Jun 01, 2018
I don't think danfo can be outrightly replaced in Lagos,danfo is like the face of Lagos anywhere,like an heritage in Lagos,whenever you see it,you'll automatically know this is Lagos,no matter where you are from!!
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by iamjavadem(m): 8:12am On Jun 01, 2018
Where did you get your statistics from? 1,500 buses!!!!! You must be a clown.
CodeTemplar:
In my very rough estimate, Deltas own can't be less than 1,500 buses. Majority are 18 seater. All are brand new. People call it 'Uduaghan" there, the former governor Uduaghan Emmanuel started it.

1 Like

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by oluwaahmed: 8:13am On Jun 01, 2018
Is those same Danforth drivers that will drive it
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by gulfer: 8:19am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:

What lagos is saying is that you will not see those buses beside the Enugu BRT again on Lagos highway......Comprehendo

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by jaxxy(m): 8:19am On Jun 01, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
The new buses that will replace the yellow buses popularly known as Danfo from Lagos state have started arriving gradually. Last year, the Lagos state government unveiled new modern buses it wants to use to replace and phase out Danfo from the state. The new buses are expected to be cheaper and durable.

Speaking during the unveiling, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode said: "When I wake up in the morning and see all these yellow buses and see Okada and all kinds of tricycles and then we claim we are a mega city, that is not true and we must first acknowledge that that is a faulty connectivity that we are running.“Having accepted that, we have to look for the solution and that is why we want to banish yellow buses this year."

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/new-modern-buses-to-replace-danfo-in-lagos.html

I thought about this again just yesterday. I believe the yellow danfo shud go or be phased out bt not for brt buses again pls. Brt can't even serve Ikorodu, surlere, vi, talkess of ajah adequately due to many factors. Do u know how many yellow buses are on the road? U can throw so many people of their jobs without giving them an option or alternative becos of ur mega city dream.

Lagos state govt shud devise a way to incorporate the old structure into the new one or only partially phase out the old buses for certain areas of the state 1st as a test run.
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by ba7man(m): 8:19am On Jun 01, 2018
adeolakemi:
are all yorubas from Lagos ain't there Yoruba's from Ogun,osun,Oyo,ekiti and ondo why always claim Lagos ?
Attack Ogun or Oyo and the same set of Yoruba peeps will attack you.

2 Likes

Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by seguno2: 8:19am On Jun 01, 2018
papoudaupolos:
And Will gradually turn to danfo

If Lagosians allow it
Re: New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving by uuzba(m): 8:22am On Jun 01, 2018
selemempe:

See how empty Enugu roads are. The big bus has no problem navigating such traffic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden / 18 Corpers Die In Accident At Mowe - Twitter User / UK Suspends Student, Work Visa Applications In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.