Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

William Troost-Ekong: "Nigeria Is A Giant Of African Football" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / William Troost-Ekong: "Nigeria Is A Giant Of African Football" (397 Views)

William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer / William Troost Ekong Show Off Nigeria Bronze Medal And Man Of The Match Medal / William Troost-Ekong In Branded Keke In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

William Troost-Ekong: "Nigeria Is A Giant Of African Football" by Naijiant: 10:14pm On May 31, 2018
For William Troost-Ekong, the road to Wembley began only 30 miles away from the national stadium, at a private boarding school in the Hertfordshire town of Bishop’s Stortford. Since then, it has taken him all the way from London to Holland, Norway to Belgium and Nigeria to Turkey, and seen him represent seven different clubs and two different countries, all before the age of 25. “It’s a long way round,” he says with a smile. “The longest way round.”

The journey comes full circle this weekend, when Troost-Ekong pulls on Nigerian green and trots onto the Wembley pitch to face England in a pre-World Cup friendly. It will feel like a homecoming, and it will provide a reunion with Harry Kane, the striker who once helped Troost-Ekong fill out his registration forms when he was a fresh-faced scholar at Tottenham Hotspur. “He was one of the first guys that sat me down and helped me,” Troost-Ekong remembers. “It’s amazing to see how well he has done.”
More: https://www.naijiant.com/guestcolumn/nigerias-rock-william-troost-ekong-nigeria-is-a-giant-of-african-football/
Re: William Troost-Ekong: "Nigeria Is A Giant Of African Football" by Ndonu101: 10:18pm On May 31, 2018
Troost Ekong is one of our many warriors in Super Eagles

I like him a lot

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Russian Lawmaker Warns Against Sex With Blacks or non white During World Cup / Avoid Sex With Strange Men- Russian MP / Ronaldo Accepts Two Years In Prison, Fine In Tax Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.