Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer (35430 Views)

Messi Overtakes Ronaldo As Footballer With Most Guinness World Records / Mourinho Sacked As Tottenham Coach / Tottenham Coach Pochettino Cries During His Post-match Interview(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by UGLYSALT: 6:46am On Nov 16, 2021
Super Eagles Assistant Captain, William Troost-Ekong revealed how his mother felt when the youth team coach at Tottenham told him that he would not make it as a footballer.

Troost-Ekong said his mom, a Dutch, was very upset when the coach Matt de the comment.

The Super Eagles defender said that those degrading words from the coach helped him become what he is today.

Troost-Ekong told Baller Talk’s Femi Ilesanmi, James Alabi and Doe E, “I remember one time he had a meeting with my mom, I think it was after my first year as a scholar and he was like I’m going to be really honest to my mom. Will’s miles off it and at this rate I can’t see him playing even non-league football, League Two, League One. Cleaning Services In Abuja

“I felt like crying and I remember seeing my mom , my mom was upset, I’ve never seen her like that because she backed me against my dad’s will to sign for Spurs at the time.

“I came to England originally to go to school, I went to boarding school which is thoughtful, so was already like a big deal that she did that for me, and then all of a sudden after one year, she’s hearing like this is not really working out so that was the biggest motivation.

“From that moment on, I was like Will you need to sort yourself out and that was the chip on my shoulder every time to be like I am going to show everyone, I’m going to show everyone.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/16/epl-tottenhams-coach-said-ill-never-make-it-as-footballer-troost-ekong/

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by Lawlab249: 6:51am On Nov 16, 2021
Hmm
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by jullary(m): 6:52am On Nov 16, 2021
Destiny killers!

80 Likes

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by ObaKlaz: 6:56am On Nov 16, 2021
Yo, Troost! That was way too harsh from the sadistic, son of bih coach.
But I'mma keep it real with you, homey - you've gotta up your game, still.

218 Likes 6 Shares

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 16, 2021
Most of those coach are racist

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by insidelife22(m): 7:07am On Nov 16, 2021
man no be God bro.

40 Likes

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by temitope27(m): 7:30am On Nov 16, 2021
Devil is a lier so I thank God for your life

7 Likes

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by Joebayo217: 8:10am On Nov 16, 2021
Na because say d guy na African stupid club till d end of d world Dem no go win any trophy angry

12 Likes

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by KosiGee(m): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2021
Englandboy:
Most of those coach are racist

I didn’t see any racism there. The youth coach in my opinion said what he said based on Ekong’s performances at the academy. I don’t think there was any personal issues between them.
Some boys need such asperity to shape up. Ekong revealed that after the coach said that, he reflected and told himself that he needed to sort himself out. His hard work paid off eventually but if you really want to have an idea of how the coach felt and what he saw that made him drop those words…..

Pls watch Troost Ekong playing for Watford against Liverpool.

That coach should be celebrated. His words made Ekong.

147 Likes 3 Shares

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by NaijaCuzin: 11:04am On Nov 16, 2021
That's bad

You have to prove them wrong
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by Lincoln275(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
Eyah
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by Helpfromabove1(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
That was to hash from him

But anyway still thanks God for using him to put fire on your bum bum that propelled u to were u are today , many need such fire to achieve something in life

5 Likes

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by money121(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
Ok
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by BigDawsNet: 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
grin. I have noticed when someone said "You will never make it"

You will eventually make it Tru Tru...

Find someone today to say shiity words to you...and your life will never remain the same

53 Likes

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by alfred007(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
If nobody encourage you, encourage yourself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by Juanmike(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
But you never make am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by Olam09(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
Prove them wrong
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by PlayerMeji: 11:06am On Nov 16, 2021
Not bad...
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by xeratech: 11:06am On Nov 16, 2021
Just like nairaland gay men said I will not make it as a programmer if I don't join their homosexual team grin

One of them is the owner of schoolgate academy Ademola, patlex and Akintudei Olanyiyii the homos

But I dey use their head dey play ping pong because I have superior mental power cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by merits(m): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2021
grin
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by kenzysmith: 11:06am On Nov 16, 2021
I think he was right if not for Nigeria who bay u out u for smell EPL and world cup.
You for wait for Nerthaland na.

7 Likes

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by StagethemTVee: 11:06am On Nov 16, 2021
He refused to be pulled down
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by affable4(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2021
You don make sm so? As a footballer have you?

Leave pride, leave people talk. Just work bro.

All the best.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by Rastaramsey(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2021
Stupid Nigerian defenders

LMAO

Na small they use better Maguire

2 Likes

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by Christane: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2021
life z a battlefield u keep fighting each and everyday to prove ur haters wrong ..many will definitely look down on you wen u av not make it ...bt ur persistence and will to never give up ..even wen d world turn it back on you ...is the mentality dat keep u fighting to achieve ur goal ...never give up ..never back down cus d road to success is never a smooth road.
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by Authoreety: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2021
Is that so
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by izubext007: 11:09am On Nov 16, 2021
This is the reason I don't go close to those fucking elderly who think they are wise.
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by azadus18: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2021
God no be man
Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by googlepikins: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2021
He looks like a racists sef

1 Like

Re: William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer by uchaymart(m): 11:11am On Nov 16, 2021
Juanmike:
But you never make am.

He left Udinese to sign for an EPL club. currently He plays for Watford FC in the EPL.

I thought you had a Smart phone? why are you not updated with current happenings ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PSG Opens New Offer For Cavani Just To Allow Neymar Take Penalties / 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) / Aidan Walsh Eliminated From Olympics By Injury Sustained While Celebrating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.