Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist (1069 Views)

Housewife Who Set Her Husband's Side Chic Ablaze In Ogun Arrested For Murder / Ordinary President Slaps Woman Who Set Her Niece On Fire During An Interview / Lamu: Chinese Vlogger Dies After Ex-Husband Set Her On Fire During A Livestream (2) (3) (4)

She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by funtomiee(f): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2018
Yesterday, a teacher in Ikorodu stabbed her husband to death while he was beating her at their home. The teacher, Mrs Akinbobola Olamide, in a video that went viral, narrated in Yoruba dialect how her deceased husband had subjected her to domestic and mental torture since they got married and that her neighbors can testify to the fact that he was always abusing her.

She said she picked up a knife to scare him away while he was beating her yesterday but she mistakenly stabbed him, leading to his death.

A Nigerian Journalist, Azuka Jebose, has asked the law enforcement agents to set the woman free since the murder happened during self defense. Read what he wrote on his Facebook page below

''SHE KILLED HER ABUSIVE HUSBAND. SET HER FREE!!!!

Mrs. Bose Akinbobola Olamide is a mother of two children. She is also a school teacher. She loved her husband that she married years ago. They were young lovers. Their love became a true manifestation of their hopes and aspirations for each other. They wanted to live together until death did them part.
Soon after marriage, Mrs. Olamide became a domestic violence victim. Her husband turned into a horrible unchecked beast and pounded on her at every vexation or whenever he felt like. She alleges in this video that her husband would physically assault her randomly and publicly, while their street people, neighbors pleaded or watched her being brutalized. She was in love and believed in the institution of marriage because “ he was my morning marriage”. Her family and in-laws advised her to leave the beast, but she believed in the virtues and values of traditional marriage and she was deeply in love with him.

Yesterday morning, Mr. Olamide got in those moods and attacked his wife. He raged at her, grabbed the tiny woman, slammed her on the floor and pinned her down as he rained blows on her…He allegedly used every object in the house to violently hit her. She tried to escape from him, but he locked the only exit to their home, the door and continued his violent attack on the mother of his children. She ran to the kitchen picked a knife to scare him away but he raged on: somehow, the knife penetrated and cut him deep. He bled to death. Today, Mrs. Olamide was arrested and placed in the custody of Panti Police. She awaits a court hearing, perhaps, at sunrise.

Please watch this video, she is narrating the abuse in her Yoruba dialect, a summary of what I wrote herein. I am not a lawyer. But she has a strong case for self defense as victim of domestic violence. She named witnesses that could confirm or verify her regular physical and mental abuse by her husband. She claimed, during yesterday’s attacks, she tried to run from his attacks, but her dead husband locked the door and continued assaulting her. She tried to escape, the husband locked the only escape route: that is kidnapping. This is self defense. This lady should not spend a day in prison. What if he killed her? She attempted escape from hell but he overpowered and kidnapped her, then violently assaulted her. She has every right to defend herself from the monster and dehumanization. Please join me in this campaign to seek legal representation to free Bimbo. Please WATCH THIS VIDEO AND LISTEN TO HER. DrJoe Okei Odumakin, Richard Akinnola II, Hrm Babatunde Ogala, Alex Nnanna Nwoha Williams, Lara Wise, Danladi M Zakari, Ibinabo Fiberesima. abeg I need una help. Count me in for support. She is too young to rot in jail because she defended herself. #SETHERFREE

Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:35am On Jun 01, 2018
With a very good lawyer , she will be set free.
She has a very good case.
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by somito121(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2018
She must rut in jail because she has no right to kill her husband. Instead of her killing her husband, she should have gone to court for dissolution of marriage.
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by Truths22(m): 9:57am On Jun 01, 2018
That's strong
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by funtomiee(f): 10:17am On Jun 01, 2018
somito121:
She must rut in jail because she has no right to kill her husband. Instead of her killing her husband, she should have gone to court for dissolution of marriage.
you see your life... read the story very well.. the man locked her inside and their was no way she could escape from him, so tell me how she would get to court when the man has locked her inside her continue to beat her...... she took the knife to scare him away buh the man wont stop beating her.
wat if the man had killed her nko?
its self defense
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by emmanok24(m): 10:30am On Jun 01, 2018
somito121:

You are mad Sir!
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by tuzeriouz(m): 10:50am On Jun 01, 2018
Argument either for or against legality and morality has always been polemical. In this case, legality has to dwarf the other. The law must stand taller and take its course. Even the weakest prosecuting counsel will send the alleged husband killer to jail.
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by somito121(m): 11:21am On Jun 01, 2018
emmanok24:

You are mad Sir!
Assuming that I am mad it means you that is quoting me is even mad as well. In fact 100% mad and stupid.
Funtomiee you are a sensible person jaree. Were in bobo emmanok24 yen sha
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by dunga09: 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
somito121:

Am surprised when people reason and write from their anus..... cheesy;this is self defense and we will support her. What would have happened if it was other way round......mumu
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by somito121(m): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
dunga09:

Am surprised when people reason and write from their anus..... cheesy;this is self defense and we will support her. What would have happened if it was other way round......mumu
Bros its just an opinion but for you to release such an insulting statement means you ma self be mumu.
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by emmanok24(m): 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2018
somito121:

Assuming that I am mad it means you that is quoting me is even mad as well. In fact 100% mad and stupid.
Funtomiee you are a sensible person jaree. Were in bobo emmanok24 yen sha

Iwo gangan ni were nau... In fact, ti orie na pe ni, wa ronu jinle ko to bere sini so isokuso to nso!

So, you think the woman filling for divorce will save her from an abusive husband?

I spit at your ignorance and retarded imagination!

Nonsense!
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by Ojiofor: 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
She will go to jail but may not receive life sentence.
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by somito121(m): 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2018
emmanok24:

Iwo gangan ni were nau... In fact, ti orie na pe ni, wa ronu jinle ko to bere sini so isokuso to nso!

So, you think the woman filling for divorce will save her from an abusive husband?

I spit at your ignorance and retarded imagination!

Nonsense!
Bros calm down na. grin grin
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by emmanok24(m): 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2018
somito121:

Bros calm down na. grin grin

Ma binu... grin
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by delzbaba(m): 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
premeditated murder,she placed the knife at a point of advantage,carefully planned how she would stab her husband next time he comes near her, kills him and does not even shed a tear, upon all the crying in the video,,,all I see is a calculated murderer. Life in prison for homicide.
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by ezugegere(m): 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
She should be charged for manslaughter instead of murder. She should spend some years in jail, while government takes responsibility for their kids, to serve as deterrent to other women with hot temper. If you just let her go, many more women will go about killing their husbands and call it self defence. We have already had many cases of husband killings in recent times. Her husband was very wrong beating her but she too was very wrong using a potentially lethal weapon on her husband.
Re: She is too young to rot in jail, Pls Set Her Free'' Journalist by funtomiee(f): 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
ezugegere:
She should be charged for manslaughter instead of murder. She should spend some years in jail, while government takes responsibility for their kids, to serve as deterrent to other women with hot temper. If you just let her go, many more women will go about killing their husbands and call it self defence. We have already had many cases of husband killings in recent times. Her husband was very wrong beating her but she too was very wrong using a potentially lethal weapon on her husband.
MTCHEEW
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Nigerian Man Excited As Bullet That Was Stucked In His Spine For 2years Fell Off / Suspected Yahoo Boys Apprehended By EFCC In Lagos. Photo / Man Attacked And Killed By Lion He Kept As Pet (Photo)