Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,245 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Studying In Russia - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Studying In Russia (3340 Views)

FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia / Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia / Why Not Consider Studying In Sweden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studying In Russia by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 29, 2010
Hi,
i jst got an invitation to study in russia.I need info on hw to process ma visa and also d cost of living in russia.Thank u
Re: Studying In Russia by SLIGHT(m): 3:48am On May 30, 2010
I dnt wanna sound discouraging but i have to warn u of frequent racists attacks in russia, but if u must go, u'd better be careful.To begin ur processing i advice u head to the russian embassy in nigeria. Beware of imposters and fraudsters.BTW CONGRATS
Re: Studying In Russia by Nobody: 6:43am On May 30, 2010
@slight, thanks, bt av u ever been there?Hw is their standard of education?
Re: Studying In Russia by SHOGUN13(m): 7:58am On May 30, 2010
What process did u undertake to get the invitation letter
Re: Studying In Russia by SHOGUN13(m): 7:59am On May 30, 2010
Re: Studying In Russia by SHOGUN13(m): 8:01am On May 30, 2010
Re: Studying In Russia by SLIGHT(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2010
@heartobi I ve not bn 2 russia, bt i can tell u their edu. system is good frm my personal xperience with russian exch. students in italy
Re: Studying In Russia by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:51pm On May 30, 2010
Hey Slight are you presently in Italy?
Re: Studying In Russia by SLIGHT(m): 6:31am On May 31, 2010
@ijele-igbo No, i grad last year so i decided to spend some time in nigeria b4 i major
Re: Studying In Russia by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:21am On May 31, 2010
SLIGHT:

@ijele-igbo No, i grad last year so i decided to spend some time in nigeria b4 i major
I would like to talk to you in private. My mail address is ijeleigbo@gmail.com send me yours
Re: Studying In Russia by ziyaun: 11:47pm On Jun 01, 2010
russian education is good but eastern europe has its own issues especially as regards foreign students o.no jobs for foreign students,loads upon loads of racists,u would meet them everywhere u can possibly think of and d environment is quite not wat u see on tv. so make sure u are ready for skool and ur pockets r doing good b4 heading for that visa
Re: Studying In Russia by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 02, 2010
@ziyaun, do u know the average cost of leaving there per mnth?
Re: Studying In Russia by ziyaun: 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2010
i would say between 400-500usd a month depending on the city u are.moscow is relatively expensive cos its a mega city. but with 500usd a month u can survive properly. inbtw this figure am giving u is if u are going to live in a university hostel,if its a flat then the figure goes up at least another 200dollars.so depending on u.but basically at 500dollars a month u can get on well
Re: Studying In Russia by Mekky2010: 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2010
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY IN RUSSIA

There is a unique scholarship opportunities for Africans to study in Russia, for all courses except Medicine and International Relations.

The available slots are for citizens of the following countries

1. Algeria 4 persons

2. Angola 4 persons

3. Gabon 2 persons

4. Ghana 4 persons

5. Guinea 2 persons

6. Malawi 4 persons

7. Cameroon 4 persons

8. Mali 4 persons

9. Nigeria 4 persons

10. Rwanda 2 persons

11. Seychelle Island 4 persons

12. Senegal 2 persons

13. Sudan 2 persons

14. Tanzania 6 persons

15. Chad 4 persons

16. Ethiopia 4 persons

17. South Africa 4 persons

CONDITIONS:

1. The Result of the intended candidates MUST be above average
2. Must not be above 25years of age except if the candidate is pursing a Master degree and not above 34 if PhD
3. The Ministry of education has the prerogative of allocating an institution best fitted for your chosen course, although in the form there is a place you will indicate which university you feel like attending, however you may or may not be fixed in that particular institution.
4.The scholarship covers TUITION, ACCOMMODATION and monthly stipend of about 1200 rubles ($40)

IMPORTANT

Noting that Russian Law does not permit students to legally work and surviving on 40 dollars is impossible, the intended candidate must have willing source of support - at least $300 per month. The candidate will equally take care of yearly Medical Insurance $250

These chances are on till middle of, spread the new so that the available chance will be utilized.

Thanks.

For more info:
The chair BOT Ass. of African Students
E-mail: mekism@yandex.ru
Tel: +7926-597-45-75

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-456403.0.html#msg6143376
Re: Studying In Russia by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
I advise you to heed the warning of Slight, do not consider living in eastern europe unless , you have a sponsor back home who can fully fund your studies.

I travelled to Russia in year 2000, when my cousin was murdered over there.
I arrived to discover that they do not treat afircan as human being. The average russian is in poverty much like the average Nigerian.

Black people in Russia were not even able to secure lowly paid menial jobs and most could not even afford to buy a plane ticket to return home.

In the few days I was there, my sister and I were physically attacked and I heard stories that when some african want to return home they strip them them of all their money and valuables.

However this was my experience 10 years ago.

Do ur research and decide

HerbertObi:

Hi,
i jst got an invitation to study in russia.I need info on hw to process ma visa and also d cost of living in russia.Thank u
Re: Studying In Russia by YungLasaint(m): 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
Is this still valid?

GenBuhari:
I advise you to heed the warning of Slight, do not consider living in eastern europe unless , you have a sponsor back home who can fully fund your studies.

I travelled to Russia in year 2000, when my cousin was murdered over there.
I arrived to discover that they do not treat afircan as human being. The average russian is in poverty much like the average Nigerian.

Black people in Russia were not even able to secure lowly paid menial jobs and most could not even afford to buy a plane ticket to return home.

In the few days I was there, my sister and I were physically attacked and I heard stories that when some african want to return home they strip them them of all their money and valuables.

However this was my experience 10 years ago.

Do ur research and decide

Re: Studying In Russia by Flytime: 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
YungLasaint:
Is this still valid?

maybe but I don't think say

It probably would have reduced a lot

Remember he was talking about the late 90s and the year 2000

The world has been exposed passed that level and racism is very low compared to then
Re: Studying In Russia by YungLasaint(m): 9:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
Okay sir
Flytime:
maybe but I don't think say

It probably would have reduced a lot

Remember he was talking about the late 90s and the year 2000

The world has been exposed passed that level s d racism is very low compared to then
Re: Studying In Russia by cosmos2000(m): 4:54am On Nov 01, 2020
ziyaun:
especially as regards foreign students o.no jobs for foreign students,loads upon loads of racists,u would meet them everywhere u can possibly think of and d environment is quite not wat u see on tv. so make sure u are ready for skool and ur pockets r doing good b4 heading for that visa

If you can speak their language your probability of working would Be high..and behold that of racism doesn’t exit like before anymore..In Fact..the last time I check..they enjoy snapping pictures with the black Africans
Re: Studying In Russia by ManuelWest(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2021
Please can someone advise me on how to go about this

I got admission to synergy university in Moscow. I'll be resuming in September. So I've been gathering documents for my visa.
I was told Russian embassy doesn't accept laminated waec result. I've laminated mine some years back.
Please can you advise me on how to go about this?
Re: Studying In Russia by temblor1(m): 11:35pm On Mar 04, 2021
My WhatsApp number Sir
Pertaining the manuscript. I'll truly need an additional income. Thank you.
@PartnerusIsBack
Re: Studying In Russia by IvyTersor: 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
I applied to synergy University in Moscow and one of the school's agent by name evans kwame asumaning contacted me on whatsapp, later sent me an 8 page document saying i had gotten an offer and once i make tuition deposit i will be granted admissions and other documents to take to the embassy for visa application.

Please can anyone confirm if they went through this process, is anyone in synergy university here that can be of help before i will be scammed?
Re: Studying In Russia by ridwanullah0075: 12:53am On Aug 18, 2021
IvyTersor:
I applied to synergy University in Moscow and one of the school's agent by name evans kwame asumaning contacted me on whatsapp, later sent me an 8 page document saying i had gotten an offer and once i make tuition deposit i will be granted admissions and other documents to take to the embassy for visa application.

Please can anyone confirm if they went through this process, is anyone in synergy university here that can be of help before i will be scammed?
IvyTersor:

Please how were you able to do it,I recently contacted kwame at synergy university too and he told me the same story..Is it legit?
Re: Studying In Russia by IvyTersor: 5:20am On Aug 18, 2021
Las las I didn't follow through with the admission o. I just didn't follow through because of the idea of schooling in russia plus having to learn the language first for a full year but I think the school is legit.

ridwanullah0075:

Please how were you able to do it,I recently contacted kwame at synergy university too and he told me the same story..Is it legit?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Russia by RodgersAkpafu: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2021
IvyTersor:
Las las I didn't follow through with the admission o. I just didn't follow through because of the idea of schooling in russia plus having to learn the language first for a full year but I think the school is legit.

Interesting
Maybe you should have gone for an English medium program.
I recently gained admission (postgraduate sha)
I'm trying to see how I can put my documentation together
And see if there is a way third party can help me with authentication in Abuja.
Re: Studying In Russia by ridwanullah0075: 11:28am On Aug 21, 2021
[quote author=IvyTersor post=104910833]Las las I didn't follow through with the admission o. I just didn't follow through because of the idea of schooling in russia plus having to learn the language first for a full year but I think the school is legit
Thanks for your response bro
Re: Studying In Russia by MMotimo: 2:15am On Oct 15, 2021
Re: Studying In Russia by boscho(m): 9:21am On Oct 15, 2021
DM me. I have relatives there
Re: Studying In Russia by Soartimes: 12:47am On Nov 04, 2021
IvyTersor:

it genuine you will sent an invitation after you make your first payment
Re: Studying In Russia by Soartimes: 12:50am On Nov 04, 2021
ridwanullah0075:

it genuine I make payments recently

1 Like

Re: Studying In Russia by Loveusman: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
IvyTersor:

Hello, good afternoon...
Re: Studying In Russia by Loveusman: 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2021
Soartimes:
it genuine I make payments recently

Hello, pls how do you make your payment??

How sure are you the admission is genuine?
I'm asking because, I got admission into the same school...

(1) (Reply)

So U Think U Know Your Vocabs? / ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November / List Of Nigerian Universities And Their Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.