Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 (33452 Views)

Obasanjo Donates 85 Tricycles To Mark 85th Birthday (pics) / Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) / Governor Ortom Visits Burnt Wadata Market In Makurdi, Donates 30 Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
He has represented his constituency & Lagos very well at the House of Reps
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2018
deomelo:

The man spent his constituency funds on his people, when are you going to ask what your own village reps did with your own constituency funds and do the same silly analysis.

There are 360 House of Reps members. Each state in a region has her own representatives. It is pertinent to note that this is not the first time the honourable member will be doing this. It may be part of his constituency projects. Is the constituency complaining against such gesture?
Those complaining should tell Surulere people what their reps are doing or have done. This is bitterness borne out of envy. When barrister was contesting for the post of Speaker, a civil society group which founders are mainly from a particular ethnic group in the South, through Mike Ozekome brought a case against him while practising law in a State of Georgia in the US just to prevent him from becoming a speaker. Most of the people involved are local champions in Nigeria despite some of them being in the legal profession in Nigeria they know what it means to practise law in the US as black or africa to that level where he operated in the US before returning to Nigeria.

The quality of debate & his submissions on the floor of the house are source of pride to his constituency & to Lagos. In the 7th house, while Hon Aminu Tambuwal was the Speaker, he contributed immensely intellectually & work very hard. While there are 360 members, his presence at the house cannot be said to be unnoticed. I have also watched some of his interviews on TV concerning critical issues. Those complaining here should mention what the reps from their constituencies are doing both at the house & constituency level apart from Solar driven boreholes & streets lights that never worked.

Hon Ladi Adebutu - (Premier Lotto owner) Baba Ijebu's son represents my constituency (PDP). He is new on the floor . I am far from grassroot & my state is APC which brings disharmony. With this, I am not in position to criticise Hon Gbajabiamila.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by delpee(f): 7:59pm On Jun 01, 2018
I don't blame Femi. I blame the populace for being more interested in personal gains in the name of dividends of democracy. The money spent on these items could also have been spent on a more enduring project that will benefit the constituency as a whole instead of a few people. For instance, donation of modern hospital equipment, upgrade of common facilities etc
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
three:

Okay oh!

We have heard.....

Abeg who get calculator?

N323 million constituency fund

Subtract

1. N70 million (for G-Wagon)
2. N148 million (estimated as cost of 160 Okada, 25 Keke Napep and 30 Chinese buses - See below)

"WHERE is the CHANGE?"

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/reps-received-n323m-constituency-projects-three-years-ahwinahwi/

Okada N170k x 160 = N27,200,000
Keke Napep N650k x 25 = N16,250,000
Chinese Buses N3.5m x 30 = N105,000,000

Total = N148,450,000

Meanwhile na twentee tiri bus I kant for d pishur undecided

[modified cost of shineray bus at N3.5m a piece - $5,700 via made-in-china.com]
Besides who exactly are in possession of these

Abi him just go snap them where the owners dey sell am come dey sell us lies

I no trust APCs oooooooooo

They can lie undecided

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by jontim: 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
So, is it not the same state they are planning to scrap bike small small. Why do politicians do like this without thinking about the future?. Other equipment are fine but bike? Lagos is cutting this bike rate thing small small oo
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by lookingfly: 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2018
Elections is by the corner.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by lastempero: 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2018
Election always formatting politicians brains since the days of nebukadineze...
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:13am On Jun 02, 2018
Kingkevin:
And to you, this is development.

Rubbish.

Dos things will perish in no time on our bad roads.

U shld have tot of something beta. Not China products.
something better like what
Shoe polish or cutlass abi wheelbarrow
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:16am On Jun 02, 2018
lastempero:
Election always formatting politicians brains since the days of nebukadineze...
but not voters brain unfortunately. 323 times 4 =1.2+ billion
And no one is asking why he's only sharing 148 mill
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:17am On Jun 02, 2018
delpee:
I don't blame Femi. I blame the populace for being more interested in personal gains in the name of dividends of democracy. The money spent on these items could also have been spent on a more enduring project that will benefit the constituency as a whole instead of a few people. For instance, donation of modern hospital equipment, upgrade of common facilities etc
sick ppl don't vote and nobody cares about common facilities
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:18am On Jun 02, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

He won't do that. Most politicians prefer to empower thugs and miscreants. Go to all local govts/LCDA in Lagos, most of their thugs work there.
thugs more valuable than lazy cowards
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:19am On Jun 02, 2018
Follygunners:

Great Analysis... God bless you, my bros.

The problem is, 9ja fools on here can't understand what you just analyzed. They hate can't comprehend intuitive and analytic stuff like this. They rather prefer nonsense stories and comments... Keep it up! cool
who your comprehend epp
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:21am On Jun 02, 2018
Ade3000yrs:
Another government magic and old politician tricks. If you look and scratch a little below the surface, why is it that politicians try to be nice and share free things only when election is fast approaching as if we are already in free town?? It is called business as usual for all political thieves. "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul" Another Robbing hood, another looter in disguise. Open your eyes every where my people. Don't forget the words of Fela Anikulapo Kuti so soon. Dont let these politicians pull the same old tricks over your eyes again and again. This is their style, I see the same style everywhere and in every states in Nigeria were corrupt politicians disguise to be nice only when election is fast approaching. Never vote a politician who dont have a farm nor a company manufacturing tooth pick at least. They are all rogues gone with the wind. Even if Davido and Wizkid become the Presiđent of Nigeria, I believe, things would still be worse than it already is. Kapish
not if the politicians invest in farms and factories
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:22am On Jun 02, 2018
GavelSlam:
Stupid donation.

With 100 million he could set up a proper InfoTech hub in SL which has a number of educated brains needing opportunity.

what are the hub informing
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by lereinter(m): 6:21am On Jun 02, 2018
ChrisMafian:
Nice one from the APC rep.
Baba till 2023
what of baba till eternity
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 02, 2018
delpee:

The issue I raised earlier is being avoided. What are the other reps doing both at the house and in their constituency. I believed there is a harmony between Lagos State people at the National Assembly and the State government. These donations cannot be the only thing he has done at the constituency level. Lagos State is doing a lot of upgrading & expansion of medical facilities in the State. Desmond Elliot is in the State Assembly representing the same area.

Most of the people complaining have nothing to benefit & have no love for Lagos. They are in Lagos to make money. They complained about G - Wagon as if G - Wagon & other expensive automobiles are not been used by legislators & politicians in Abuja. Those with successful career in the US & Nigeria have properties worth more than the cost of G - Wagon.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by tundeport(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2018
Oga Gbaja, pls give me one car to use and take care of my family abeggggi
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
thugs more valuable than lazy cowards
Hmmm.... You have got a point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Not A Blogger, I'm An Entertainer - Tunde Ednut Tells Peter Obi / Bonaventure Enemali, Igala Man Appointed As Commissioner In Anambra State / North-central Breaks Away From ACF, Unveils New Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.