Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) (39519 Views)

Suspected IPOB Gunmen Burn Down Cars And Tricycles In Owerri Okigwe Road / EndSARS: Protesters Use Buses To Block Roads Leading To Bwari In Abuja (Photos) / LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 08, 2021
The Peoples Democratic Party Vice Presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi, on Thursday said his two graduate children did not own cars.

He said the children must make money by themselves to buy their own cars and not relying on him.

Obi, who spoke to his kinsmen in Agulu, Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra State during a lecture organised in his honour by Agulu Peoples Assembly, said Nigeria was a place where people crave free money to live in luxury.

Obi said he had trained his children to be self-reliant, adding that he had chosen not to join people who crave primitive acquisition.

He said, “I have two graduates who are working, a boy and a girl, and the two of them don’t own any car because they haven’t made enough money to buy a car.

“They were here for the Christmas, and I was talking to some people about them and the person said he saw my son and that he always jumps on buses and tricycles.

“Some people don’t like it that way. They believe I am rich and that my children should not be trekking, and that they should be provided cars.

“Who will give them cars — is it me? My money is my own; so, they should work for theirs.”

He said he was not contesting the VP position to make money, but to build a better Nigeria.

He described Nigeria as “a collapsing country” that needed to be salvaged by voting for the right crop of leaders who have been tested and proved.

“I have been five years out of government, and no one has come to say any one naira was missing in government under my watch. EFCC can come and probe me if they like, I am not afraid.

“I am not here to campaign to my people because I come from here and you know what I did in Anambra.

“Just give me the opportunity and we will change Nigeria, and the country will start working again.”.

https://punchng.com/my-two-graduate-children-dont-own-a-car-peter-obi-says/

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by CXLVII: 2:10am On Oct 08, 2021
Obi the scammer

All those statement is for the media

He is a thief also.

200 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by EmptyGarden(m): 2:26am On Oct 08, 2021
If Dem like make Dem trek to get around. Nonsense.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by budaatum: 2:30am On Oct 08, 2021
Obiculated!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 08, 2021
EmptyGarden:
If Dem like make Dem trek to get around. Nonsense.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by AdaugoChisom(f): 3:12am On Oct 08, 2021
My Daddy told my bros that a decade ago and he traveled out to hustle.....now everywhere is Dollar. Don't depend on your parents weather...MOVE.

34 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by OfHope: 4:38am On Oct 08, 2021
cheesy grin cheesy they're really coming for Obi grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by truthfuterrence: 4:38am On Oct 08, 2021
APC party of fraud and lying
The school devil is still aspiring to attend

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by signature2012(m): 4:39am On Oct 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by Aufbauh(m): 4:39am On Oct 08, 2021
My grouse with 'Saint Obi' is the image he painted of himself in the past as a 'saint' is a hoax (a humorous or malicious deception).

Even Gabrielle who has an offshore company paying white men in dollars by proxy can't afford a car..... Haba Obi, dey fear God!

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by EagleNest(m): 4:40am On Oct 08, 2021
Mr Peter Obi, no I don't agree on this one. You are taking it too far naah.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by LegendHero(m): 4:40am On Oct 08, 2021
Haha lol.

This is awada kerikeri.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by PGKing1(m): 4:41am On Oct 08, 2021
Hope it not the same way You made money shocked
Still your #1 #plug for #original #backwoods in #naija

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by vedaxcool(m): 4:41am On Oct 08, 2021
The spirit of lying has bounded itself to a perfect host. Since he did that only 1 watch he wears statement I knew he lies for absolutely no reason.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by padkan101: 4:41am On Oct 08, 2021
Did his children make

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by deji17: 4:42am On Oct 08, 2021
Peter Obi, the HimtuLie of Onitsha.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by Udemegbunam(m): 4:42am On Oct 08, 2021
Agulu Amaka! Peter Obi is always ready and open for investigation anytime any day. No need for Media trial.

17 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by lonelydora: 4:42am On Oct 08, 2021
Peter Obi, as a Nigerian politician, you are not 100% a saint going by the world's standard.

But using Nigerian scale of political measurement, you scored more than 95% as a governor.

The earlier you shut up and allow these saga pass, the better for you.

Having met you in government house in Awka in your days as governor, anywhere I see your poster, you sure have my vote.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by Shawnnn01: 4:42am On Oct 08, 2021
Trust this criminal at your peril.
Waiting patiently for his criminal tribesmen to come question me on what crime he committed here n in Pandora but have the audacity to query where Buhari son got enough money to buy an Okada or label an aquitted Tinubu as fraud.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by seunfly: 4:43am On Oct 08, 2021
My concern is the hypocrisy display here, some people are all over the internet to defend him, infact premium times was called biased new media for publishing the pandora about him while same premium times was praised for publishing Bagudu and others.

Does it mean other leaders are to be castigated while nobody should touch their own leaders?

I just wonder why they are quick to play victim and turn around to point accusing fingers at others. I just can't get my brain around their mentality and psychology.

This right here is example of what I'm saying.

Phillip2see:
Because he is an Igbo man that is why you people are out to bring him down? Why can't write about dangote? Or is it that he is a saint?

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by gunpoint(m): 4:43am On Oct 08, 2021
Awon "i had no shoe" polithiefcians angry

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 08, 2021
EagleNest:
Mr Peter Obi, no I don't agree on this one. You are taking it too far naah.
shocked
Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by Phillip2see: 4:44am On Oct 08, 2021
Because he is an Igbo man that is why you people are out to bring him down? Why can't write about dangote? Or is it that he is a saint?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by ChocolateWine(f): 4:44am On Oct 08, 2021
[s]
CXLVII:
Obi the scammer

He is a thief also.

[/s]

At least he doesn't steal vans of money or pockets half of the money made from the state, like one criminal we know

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by ThatFairGuy: 4:44am On Oct 08, 2021
This Obiuary is a First class liar,
Professor of lie undecided

amarachi06:

I will vote a Peter Obi over Tinubu, and Buhari. I believe 80% of Nigerians will do so.
No Amarachi, only Ndi Igbo would do that. No sane Nigerian will vote this well package Chinese fraud

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 08, 2021
Obi Pandora, himtulie
That explains why he stole poor childrens' future away in a Pandora box undecided

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by amarachi06(f): 4:45am On Oct 08, 2021
CXLVII:
Obi the scammer

He is a thief also.

I will vote a Peter Obi over Tinubu, and Buhari. I believe 80% of Nigerians will do so.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by danot1030: 4:45am On Oct 08, 2021
angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Only fools believes this

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by Ausval: 4:45am On Oct 08, 2021
If e like make una go dig how he mama take born

PETER OBI STILL REMAINS A BETTER ĹEADER COMPARED TO TINUBU AND BUHARI COMBINED

Nobody clean for nigeria,but dirtyness get grade

I dey laugh una sha ,una suffer never do una

This was the same path you guys followed in voting in a complete dullard and na that same path una wan follow again

Chai Nigerians open your eyes ,Open your eyes ..stop this tribalistic nonsense

PETER OBI HAS THE TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW TO MOVE THIS COUNTRY FORWARD

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 08, 2021
This is not new with shrewd IGBO business men, intact its perfectly normal with them..... obviously not now, because his enemies would be out to kidnap his children.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drone Shots Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Campaign In Ayedire And Olaoluwa Lg(pics) / Peter Obi Takes His Campaign To Ladipo Market In Lagos State (Pics) / President Buhari, Atiku, Saraki, Sanwo-olu, Others Mourn Tony Momoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.