Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report (31144 Views)

4 Beautiful Places You Should Visit In Africa In Your Lifetime / US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017 / Speeding Van Rams Into A Shop In Abia State, 3 People Left Unconscious. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by Denko2721987(m): 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
Wellets50:
g

should we make a sentence with g?
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by Nigeriadondie: 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
ollah2:
And we want Africa to be like Europe. It's not possible, honestly Africa and Africans are special but in a negative way
So is it by staying back that Africa wud be like Europe? You that you are back home what progress has been made cos u stayed behind possibly not by your wish cos if the chancw comes for u to go out you no go waka comot?
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by Nigeriadondie: 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2018
Bolowolowo:
This continent will never improve if Africans keep running away from their problems. I know this is weird for me to say given that I have not experienced the plight that many have faced on this continent, but it's simply the truth.
You that dis not run away how has the problems at least even one been solved due to your stay back home?
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by ollah2: 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

So is it by staying back that Africa wud be like Europe? You that you are back home what progress has been made cos u stayed behind possibly not by your wish cos if the chancw comes for u to go out you no go waka comot?

You don't know me
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by Bizibi(m): 6:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
Sarkin:
BUHARI IS WORKING ANYWAYS
yes,he is the best northern president.....
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 01, 2018
ollah2:
And we want Africa to be like Europe. It's not possible, honestly Africa and Africans are special but in a negative way
When things fall in place you will see many Africans going back home. The ones that tries to change things are stabbed in the back,insulted and even jailed
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by IMASTEX: 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2018
EsotericMonk:

Of what benefit would it be if you spent your lifetime in Africa and still end up in hell?
I personally believe Africa is that hell that is talked about.

1 Like

Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by ollah2: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
asuustrike2009:

When things fall in place you will see many Africans going back home. The ones that tries to change things are stabbed in the back,insulted and even jailed

This is Africa
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by madridguy(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
Good move.
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by Icon79(m): 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nonsense! This number is less than half the number of people that leave South and Central American countries (Guatemala, El Salvador, Cuba, Honduras, etc.) and Mexico to the United States every year. Why don't we hear about those ones??

O pari

harbdulrasaq88:
No fewer than 17 million Africans left the continent in 2017 in search of greener pastures, a new report by the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has said.

The ‘Economic Development in Africa’ report also said 5.5 million people moved to Africa from other continents while some 19 million international migrants moved within Africa.

the report found.

It said the large-scale migration of people within Africa tended to boost growth and lifted the continent’s whole economy, urging the world to dispel misconceptions and “harmful narratives” targeting migration.

The report also said cross-border movement offered “a chance for a better life, with the social and economic benefits extending to both source and destination countries, as well as future generations”.

http://newshelm.ng/17m-people-left-africa-in-2017-un-report/

Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by Decency1984(m): 6:37pm On Jun 01, 2018
they did the right thing
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by talk2emma: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
80% will be form Nigeria
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by Salex007(m): 7:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
pls how much will it cost me to relocate to France. without knowing any body there because my country has nothing to offer
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by lexy2014: 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
ollah2:

They have a better society and help could still come from somewhere else. But Africa is loosing alot with the departure of Africans in these crazy numbers. It's even way less compared to the numbers that applied for visa legally and those that died on the road through other means
yes I no they have a better society. I was only countering ur position that Africans are special in a negative way. Am happy 4d dude and many Africans who have made it over there whose little effort have been better appreciated in a foreign land. Take a look at nigeria and ask urself what's d emphasis of our govts over d years then u will c y people are leaving
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by lexy2014: 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2018
Salex007:
pls how much will it cost me to relocate to France. without knowing any body there because my country has nothing to offer
when u get there, rescue a kid. Its d fastest way to citizenship
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by dudebuck: 7:27pm On Jun 01, 2018
Bolowolowo:
This continent will never improve if Africans keep running away from their problems. I know this is weird for me to say given that I have not experienced the plight that many have faced on this continent, but it's simply the truth.
shut up
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by dudebuck: 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
mansamusa08:

Lazy youth.
Creative and hardworking Nigerians make their money in this country. Some are giving out Bentley and Porches as birthday gifts to their girlfriends while you are dreaming of becoming a slave or mummy in Sahara desert.
those must be the theives
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by shozillo(m): 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thats a silly analogy
1st,he is N0T a GOAT and can never be!

Ponder on this
1,Can a goat learn NEW SKILLS TO BETTER HIS LIFE?

2.Can a goat dream new DREAMS to change the course of his life?

3.Can a goat be INSPIRED by the environment and take
opportunities around him to start a journey to greatness?

Humans are small gods and should never be compared to goat!
Benekruku:

Leave to where?

To go do what?

A goat in Nigeria cannot suddenly become a lion anywhere.

You statement depicts desperation about just leaving the shores and wont mind to go clean tables and mop
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by BreakupNigeria: 10:24pm On Jun 01, 2018
Not surprised at all. My immediate elder brother and my sister are among. Both traveled to the US and they ain't coming back!!
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 01, 2018
harbdulrasaq88:
No fewer than 17 million Africans left the continent in 2017 in search of greener pastures, a new report by the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has said.

The ‘Economic Development in Africa’ report also said 5.5 million people moved to Africa from other continents while some 19 million international migrants moved within Africa.

the report found.

It said the large-scale migration of people within Africa tended to boost growth and lifted the continent’s whole economy, urging the world to dispel misconceptions and “harmful narratives” targeting migration.

The report also said cross-border movement offered “a chance for a better life, with the social and economic benefits extending to both source and destination countries, as well as future generations”.

http://newshelm.ng/17m-people-left-africa-in-2017-un-report/

Let them check well, 13.5 million of them are Nigerians.
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by seyoops4u: 12:36am On Jun 02, 2018
Not only Nigeria but Africa...
Sarkin:
BUHARI IS WORKING ANYWAYS
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by gnykelly(m): 2:06am On Jun 02, 2018
Sirpaul:
if i get chance me no go dey this shithole naaa

you can move to united states of assholes
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by Nigeriadondie: 6:16am On Jun 02, 2018
ollah2:

You don't know me
So who are you?
Re: 17 Million People Left Africa In 2017 – UN Report by 1234IKECHhukwu: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2018
Shortyy:
God abeg I wan leave too cry
To go & do what in the diaspora if I may ask.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Golden Tulip Hotel In Anambra: 12 Facts / Accident Caused By Oil Spillage From A Bus Kills 3 In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Top 3 Roads Gov Ambode Transformed From Traffic Prone To Traffic Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.