Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,978 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. (836 Views)

Why Keep Following Pastors Giving Fake New Year Prophecies? / Video Of Pastor Chris Okafor Giving False Prophecy To My Daughter - Philip Anoc / Some People Accuse Us Of Giving False Hope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. by Martinez19(m): 12:33pm On Jun 01, 2018
Pastors, when arguing with atheists, agree that being a christian is not a guarantee of an easy and successful life but when they talk to congregation, they unfailingly give the impression that with Christ, you life will a positive turn around spiritually, financially, academically and family-wise. Even when they preach about trial and tribulation, they give the impression that it won't last and everything will turn out fine.

Christians read the book of job and are aware of martyrs but, together with their pastors they, they select favourable scriptures that promises a good life and focus on them so much.
Re: Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. by 0ubenji(m): 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
You seem to be interested in a religion that preaches pessimism cool
Re: Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. by Martinez19(m): 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
0ubenji:
You seem to be interested in a religion that preaches pessimism cool
Not really. I am an atheist. People should know that there is no god that helps people.
Re: Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. by M0ron: 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
Martinez19:
Pastors, when arguing with atheists, agree that being a christian is not a guarantee of an easy and successful life but when they talk to congregation, they unfailingly give the impression that with Christ, you life will a positive turn around spiritually, financially, academically and family-wise. Even when they preach about trial and tribulation, they give the impression that it won't last and everything will turn out fine.

Christians read the book of job and are aware of martyrs but, together with their pastors they, they select favourable scriptures that promises a good life and focus on them so much.
How does one respond to generalities?
Re: Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. by Martinez19(m): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2018
M0ron:

How does one respond to generalities?
I admit I generalised but most pastors are guilty of it.
Re: Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. by spartan117(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
All these threads are becoming too similar undecided
Re: Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. by M0ron: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
Martinez19:
I admit I generalised but most pastors are guilty of it.
‘Most’ is still generalized. Let me try it as well; atheists pretend to be perfectly at ease with their beliefs but deep inside,fear of being wrong haunts and torments them to their grave
Re: Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. by Martinez19(m): 2:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
M0ron:

‘Most’ is still generalized. Let me try it as well; atheists pretend to be perfectly at ease with their beliefs but deep inside,fear of being wrong haunts and torments them to their grave
most is still generalisation? Smh
Re: Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. by 0ubenji(m): 2:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
Martinez19:
Not really. I am an atheist. People should know that there is no god that helps people.
speak for yourself mahn....
Are you the people's spokesman?
Re: Pastors Giving False Impress. Christian Bias. by 0ubenji(m): 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2018
spartan117:
All these threads are becoming too similar undecided
more like cliched..
I wonder why someone will make a point and still struggle too hard to make it relevant.. grin
it defeats the beauty of intelligence.

You say there's no god..
We av read; we have heard..but why still go haywire multiplicating threads trying to prove same point. cool

(1) (Reply)

PROSPERITY SCHOOL: Become A Candidate For Increase / All Religions Are Fake!! / The Gate Of The Tabernacle And Its Colours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.