Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,691 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:21 PM

Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari (19811 Views)

Selling Tinubu Right Now Is An Herculean Task. / Yoruba Elders Task Buhari On True Federalism / Remove Adams Oshiomhole Immediately - APC Presidential Aspirants Task Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by lexy2014: 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
owomida1:

I see where you are going. It's like saying my parents have failed for not buying me a stuff I was promised. The truth of the matter is that it could come later or sooner. That he has not fulfilled all campaing promises doesn't mean he isn't doing anything. Need I tell you how his efforts are being frustrated by cabals and opposition? I will stop here and not further on this discussion for evident reasons. Thanks for the social contract lessons.
u welcome. Tnx 4d audience.
first, are u in a contract with ur parents? I don't think so. Thats d problem. Most of u c buhari as a father like ur parent who should provide 4u like ur parent does. That's not what d constitution says. That's y its called a contract. U give him ur vote, he gives u good governance and social services in return. He owes u. He isnt doing u a favour like ur parents. With ur parents, its a priviledge. With ur elected representative, its ur right. There's no emotion about it.

I will like to hear ur story of how d "cabal" and d opposition is frustrating d president. If d president is doing well, will u blame d cabal and d opposition? D president is responsible 4d failure&d success of his administration. If u go 2 bank and they keep giving u excuses y u can't access ur funds, am sure u will keep faith in them? Am sure u will feel good with ur service provider when u can't load airtime or make calls? If buhari is working, then pls share taking into cognizance his campaign promises and his constitutional responsibilities

1 Like

Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by lexy2014: 8:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:
It is indeed sad people tend to label people without taking time to research properly.
I know the Nigerian mentality too well and they have not changed one bit,and this current generation are even worst.
They call you names and even verbally crucify you when you are in office like they did to Yar'adau during his tenure by calling him "Baba go-slow" may Allaah shower his mercy upon him,but the moment he left they started singing his praises and literarily deifying him.
They have not stopped with Buhari and I am predicting the same result as this is our usual style.
Albeit, as bad as many people paint him, I still feel Buhari is only option we have to make some real progress.
However,everything is still left to God and possibly(if God permits) the electorates.
pls what has buhari achieved in d last 3years for Nigeria that makes u feel he is d only option to help Nigeria make progress?

1 Like

Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
lexy2014:
pls what has buhari achieved in d last 3years for Nigeria that makes u feel he is d only option to help Nigeria make progress?

I just complained about people not being researched-based in their criticism you just proved me right.
Oga,he has done nothing.
I mean nothing.
Are you satisfied now?
Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by lexy2014: 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

I just complained about people not being researched-based in their criticism you just proved me right.
Oga,he has done nothing.
I mean nothing.
Are you satisfied now?
first, I haven't criticised. Even if i did, dont i have a right to criticise or is buhari above criticism? I only asked a question. Second, how can it b that in a country of 180million people, just one man knows d way in d 21st century. This isn't north Korea. Its Nigeria. 3rd, if u insist buhari is d only solution to Nigeria's problem, kindly enlighten me. Isnt that part of d research? Lastly, I don't no y pro-buhari folks get agitated and defensive even without any provocation?

1 Like

Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
lexy2014:
first, I haven't criticised. Even if i did, dont i have a right to criticise or is buhari above criticism? I only asked a question. Second, how can it b that in a country of 180million people, just one man knows d way in d 21st century. This isn't north Korea. Its Nigeria. 3rd, if u insist buhari is d only solution to Nigeria's problem, kindly enlighten me. Isnt that part of d research? Lastly, I don't no y pro-buhari folks get agitated and defensive even without any provocation?
pro-Buhari you say.
Well,I am all for the truth and I don't support anybody blindly no matter what come may.
But I sense a kind of sacarcism from your question that is why I gave such answer.
If you are has educated as you claim and non-prejudicial in your perception you shouldn't be asking me such questions in the first place.
Asking what has Buhari done is derisively asking me if he is the President.
As bad as GEJ leadership was interms of coruption I would never ask such question in a belittling manner.
What do I need to say to someone who only sees what has not be done.
Like I said,I am not here to defend anybody I only speak based about peoples blind hate and misrepresentation of facts.
Finally,has Buhari done anything?
Yes,he has done some things which are crucial to Nigeria's independence economically and more can still be done
And one thing I must commend him for is,this is the first government to continue from where a previous government stopped;you hardly hear of abandoned projects except some very few.

Government should be a continumm not some political gimmick which people like you want to always see.
Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by obonujoker(m): 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

pro-Buhari you say.
Well,I am all for the truth and I don't support anybody blindly no matter what come may.
But I sense a kind of sacarcism from your question that is why I gave such answer.
If you are has educated as you claim and non-prejudicial in your perception you shouldn't be asking me such questions in the first place.
As bad as GEJ leadership was interms of coruption I would never ask such question in a belittling manner.
Like I said,I am not here to defend anybody I only speak based about peoples blind hate and misrepresentation of facts.
Yes,he has done some things which are crucial to Nigeria's independence economically and more can still be done
And one thing I must commend him for is,this is the first government to continue from where a previous government stopped;you hardly hear of abandoned projects except some very few.

Government should be a continumm not some political gimmick which people like you want to always see.

c'mon shattap... u are BMC

1 Like

Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by lexy2014: 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

pro-Buhari you say.

so typical. When did I in d course of my discussion with u mention anything about my level of education? Y not stick with d discussion instead being personal? Like I noted, if u say one man is d only solution 2d problems of this country, that's curious. Hence, I asked u what has he done in d last 3years 2b d only who can solve Nigeria's problems. I don't c d sarcasm there. U have made a claim. Maybe u no something that I don't no. U clearly haven't given any facts. If u have shared some facts, then we can start talking of misinterpretation. If u say he has done "something's", can u b more specific?

As 4 ur claim of hate against buhari, I would very love 4u to prove that here or else u would b making claims like u did earlier that u can't defend

1 Like

Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by lexy2014: 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

pro-Buhari you say.

buhari isn't related to me and am sure same 4u. D only r/ship we have with him is that we share d same nationality and he is d president of d federal republic of Nigeria. Because he is d president, he is accountable to each and every Nigerian and it isn't out of place 4 any citizen to ask "what has d president done with d mandate given to him to improve this country". Enjoy d rest of ur evening

1 Like

Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by IbnAbdullah1(m): 11:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
lexy2014:
buhari isn't related to me and am sure same 4u. D only r/ship we have with him is that we share d same nationality and he is d president of d federal republic of Nigeria. Because he is d president, he is accountable to each and every Nigerian and it isn't out of place 4 any citizen to ask "what has d president done with d mandate given to him to improve this country". Enjoy d rest of ur evening
sorry bros for sounding immature.
But asking me what Buhari has done in specific term in this age of technology and easy acess to information I consider it ludicrous to say the least.
Have you not been reading the papers?
Because I can't seem to place your questions properly.
What he has done may not be visible to all ,but I know some level of progress in our roads and railways are coming uo.Good examplesare the second Niger bridge and the railway networks from Abuja to Kaduna.
Agriculture were local rice are being cultivated on a massive scale and many more.
I am only saying this to clarify one issue which is,asking what he has done-which I connote as he hasn't done anything.
I can only sincerely say the little i knw but I leave the rest to you to digest.
Good evening bros.
Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by lexy2014: 6:06am On Jun 03, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

sorry bros for sounding immature.
But asking me what Buhari has done in specific term in this age of technology and easy acess to information I consider it ludicrous to say the least.
Have you not been reading the papers?
Because I can't seem to place your questions properly.
What he has done may not be visible to all ,but I know some level of progress in our roads and railways are coming uo.Good examplesare the second Niger bridge and the railway networks from Abuja to Kaduna.
Agriculture were local rice are being cultivated on a massive scale and many more.
I am only saying this to clarify one issue which is,asking what he has done-which I connote as he hasn't done anything.
I can only sincerely say the little i knw but I leave the rest to you to digest.
Good evening bros.
i gave u my reasons 4 asking. It was based on d claim u made that buhari is d only man who has what it takes to solve d nations problem. Like I noted earlier, that is a very very curious claim which u haven't been able to prove.

U are right, this is d age of technology not d stone age or d theological or medieval age where one man had all d solutions 2d problems of his country giving him d right to rule. This isn't north Korea. This is Nigeria with over 180million people. So 4u to say just one man is d solution to nigerias problems, d only option, in this technology age is something u should b able to defend with facts. So far all u have said is rice production, Niger bridge and abuja Kaduna rail (even these are contestable) and am wondering 4a man u say is Nigeria's only option, is that all?
Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:23am On Jun 03, 2018
lexy2014:
i gave u my reasons 4 asking. It was based on d claim u made that buhari is d only man who has what it takes to solve d nations problem. Like I noted earlier, that is a very very curious claim which u haven't been able to prove.

U are right, this is d age of technology not d stone age or d theological or medieval age where one man had all d solutions 2d problems of his country giving him d right to rule. This isn't north Korea. This is Nigeria with over 180million people. So 4u to say just one man is d solution to nigerias problems, d only option, in this technology age is something u should b able to defend with facts. So far all u have said is rice production, Niger bridge and abuja Kaduna rail (even these are contestable) and am wondering 4a man u say is Nigeria's only option, is that all?

This is probably one of the reasons I hate arguing politics.
Somebody will always take your statement out of context
When I said the only option we have, I meant it contextually based on what I have read from the profile of other candidates.

I am not saying you should accept my statement as the divine statement from God.
I say things based on my own perception and I am not arm-twisting anyone to agree with what I have said.
If you fail to acknowledge Buhari for the effort he has made so far, I promise I won't bite neither will I break a sweat for differing with me.
My views are mine not yours,you can't impose your views on me neither will do same to you.
It is all about convictions.
Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by sexyanyabubakar(f): 9:02am On Jun 04, 2018
.adadike:
Evil man! How do u defend evil, failure and disaster at d same time? U even opened that your mouth that u use in eating both yam and cocoyam and say that your media crew are living on stipends but our Commander in chief of Nigeria lazy youths who is also your son Yusuf, recently crashed a bike worth millions!
This is a man that has been in power all his life. During his past Government huge amount of dollars kept dissapearing without trace, in this his present Govt, Grass,EFCC, NNPC MONKEYS have been collecting Billions of Dollars with IMPUNITY. Is this how we will continue for the next 4years Using Corruption to loot the Country Dry

Re: Defending Me, A Herculean Task ― Buhari by lexy2014: 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

This is probably one of the reasons I hate arguing politics.
Somebody will always take your statement out of context
When I said the only option we have, I meant it contextually based on what I have read from the profile of other candidates.

I am not saying you should accept my statement as the divine statement from God.
I say things based on my own perception and I am not arm-twisting anyone to agree with what I have said.
If you fail to acknowledge Buhari for the effort he has made so far, I promise I won't bite neither will I break a sweat for differing with me.
My views are mine not yours,you can't impose your views on me neither will do same to you.
It is all about convictions.

how u de. u are absolutely spot on when u say u are entitled to ur opinion. I agree with u. Its d truth. U also right when u said we are in d technology age. Technology age doesn't just mean smart phones&computers or internet. It also means an advancement in d way we think. It means we are more informed 2d point were we are able 2 question issues, whether they b religious or political.

Failing to acknowledge d effort buhari has made so far isn't d issue. D issue is what were his campaign promises? What are his constitutional responsibilities? What's on ground? For instance, d constitution says in section 14(2b) that "d security and welfare of d people is d primary purpose of govt". How do his " "achievements" measure up 2 these? There are 24 ministerial portfolios(,one of which buhari holds, petroleum) and 14ministers of state. How have they measured up so far?

This is d technology age.its not an age were govt tells u things and then u just accept it without asking questions. Prodding is d only way 2 stand up 2a system that has thrived on d ignorance and complacency of d people.

I greet u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' / Wike Sets Commission Of Inquiry To Probe Amaechi / Tinubu, Ganduje Plotted To Hand Rivers APC To Wike, Embarrass Amaechi – Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.