Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Roman Abramovich Reportedly Withdraws Uk Visa Renewal Application - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roman Abramovich Reportedly Withdraws Uk Visa Renewal Application (31233 Views)

Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Puts Club Up For Sale For £2 Billion / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea / Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich emigrates to Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Abramovich Reportedly Withdraws Uk Visa Renewal Application by brodalokie: 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
DeOTR:

Which is the first, and which is the second? Ten Commandment is not an ordinance, it's an eternal law of God.
Law of ordinance is different from the Ten Commandment. Don't mistake the two.

Lol you sly one. The first is the entire old testerment package. The laws including the observation of fellowship on Sabbath, sacrifice and the rest. Like I said the apostles are our example for the new testerment package. If my gospel doesn't fit into their own, let me be accursed.
Re: Roman Abramovich Reportedly Withdraws Uk Visa Renewal Application by Zanas: 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
What does this mean for Chelsea?
Re: Roman Abramovich Reportedly Withdraws Uk Visa Renewal Application by DeOTR: 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2018
brodalokie:

Lol you sly one. The first is the entire old testerment package. The laws including the observation of fellowship on Sabbath, sacrifice and the rest. Like I said the apostles are our example for the new testerment package. If my gospel doesn't fit into their own, let me be accursed.
I hope you know the ten commandment also include laws like thou shall not kill, steal, worship other gods? I'm not sure the Apostles will agree with you on that.
If you say the second has taken away the first? What then are the laws in the second?
Jesus came to confirm the law (ten commandments) not to abolish it. It's the moral law, which you'll agree with me, forms the basis for our civil law today.
Jesus Himself clarified that he has not come to do away with the law but to give it a meaning, so I wonder where you get your own from.
Jesus and his disciples kept the ten commandments as an example for us to follow.
Don't confuse ten commandments with the law of ordinance.
Re: Roman Abramovich Reportedly Withdraws Uk Visa Renewal Application by brodalokie: 7:26am On Jun 03, 2018
DeOTR:

I hope you know the ten commandment also include laws like thou shall not kill, steal, worship other gods? I'm not sure the Apostles will agree with you on that.
If you say the second has taken away the first? What then are the laws in the second?
Jesus came to confirm the law (ten commandments) not to abolish it. It's the moral law, which you'll agree with me, forms the basis for our civil law today.
Jesus Himself clarified that he has not come to do away with the law but to give it a meaning, so I wonder where you get your own from.
Jesus and his disciples kept the ten commandments as an example for us to follow.
Don't confuse ten commandments with the law of ordinance.

The law was killing people so God came down himself in human form form to taste of it and also fulfilling every single prophecy about him including his death and resurrection thereby giving us grace through believing on his power to save. Amen
If you don't obey this then you don't believe in Jesus or the power of his resurrection. That's what it is.

You know that Jesus is God the father in flesh?

1 Peter 22
22 “Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth”;

John 10
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

John 5
39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.” (Matthew 5:17–18)

Romans 10 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.

4 FOR CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS TO EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES.

5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.” 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For with the HEART ONE BELIEVES UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS, and with the MOUTH CONFESSION IS MADE UNTO SALVATION. 11 For the Scripture says, “WHOEVER BELIEVES ON HIM WILL NOT BE PUT TO SHAME.”

Not whoever goes to church will not be put to shame.
You are born into the church, you don't join the church. The church is not a building, the church is the people.

Salvation is through predestination and goes hand in hand with eternal security. Just like the dragon/first beast and it's police/second beast of revelation book go hand in hand on the opposite.

Babylon and Zion on a parallel race.
Re: Roman Abramovich Reportedly Withdraws Uk Visa Renewal Application by DeOTR: 9:31am On Jun 03, 2018
brodalokie:

The law was killing people so God came down himself in human form form to taste of it and also fulfilling every single prophecy about him including his death and resurrection thereby giving us grace through believing on his power to save. Amen
If you don't obey this then you don't believe in Jesus or the power of his resurrection. That's what it is.

You know that Jesus is God the father in flesh?
Jesus Christ is the Son of God, not God the Father. I expect you to know that from your Bible. Jesus can not be the Father and at the same time, be the Son. Does that make sense to you?
The law (ten commandments) was not killing the people, it is sin (breaking of the law) that is killing people. Wages of sin is death right?

1 Peter 22
22 “Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth”;

John 10
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

John 5
39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.” (Matthew 5:17–18)

Romans 10 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.

4 FOR CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS TO EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES.

5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.” 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
Fulfilling the law doesn't mean Christians are now licensed to go about committing sin. Jesus himself told you he has not come to the law but to fulfill it and here you are writing long essay to prove the unprovable. Fulfill as used in that passage means "to bring full meaning to it" "to teach it".

Sorry brother, Jesus Christ didn't come to do away with the ten commandments but to teach us how to keep it.
He kept the commandments and he expects us to do the same. His disciples did the same and we are expected to do it.
Do you realize that the Apostles kept the Sabbaths and never for once observed Sunday? What then are we talking about here?
Make no mistakes, the ten commandments (Exo 20) is different from ceremonial laws. The death and resurrection of Jesus took away the ceremonial laws because these laws are pointing to Him. We no longer need to observe the passover because Jesus is now our passover, and so on. But the death of Jesus didn't give us the license to kill, steal, worship other gods, not observe the Sabbath of the Lord, and so on. How can you claim to be serving God if you don't observe this things? Or which of this laws do you have problems observing? I'm sure it's that of Sabbath. Do you see why many will perish in the last days?

The ten commandments was Spoken by God personally - (Exodus 20:1, 8-11), ceremonial laws was Spoken by Moses - (Exodus 24:3)
While the ten commandments were Written in stone (how do you do you do away with something written on stones? God did this for a reason. It's unchangeable) by God Himself - (Exodus 31:18), ceremonial laws were written by Moses hand on paper - (Exodus 24:4)
The ten commandments was placed inside the Ark of the covenant - (Deu 10:5), but the law of ordinance was stored on the outside of the Ark - (Deu 31:26)
Breaking the Sabbath and any other of the ten commandments is sin - (1 John 3:4) But the ceremonial laws were kept because of sin - (See Leviticus)
The Sabbath was established before sin - (Genesis 2:1-3), ceremonial sabbaths were established after sin - (Exodus 20:24)
God calls it MY Sabbath - (Exodus 31:13, Eze 20:20).
The Sabbath is eternal - (Psa 111:7-8, Isa 66:22-23) While ceremonial laws were nailed to the cross - (Col 2:14, Eph 2:15).

They are two different laws that should not be mentioned in the same sentence.
If you break the ten commandments then, you have to observe the ceremonial laws for the remission of sin. Now that Jesus has taken away the ceremonial laws, all we have to do is ask for forgiveness in His name whenever we break any of the laws.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Clement Lenglet In Tears After Foul Caused Late Penalty In Draw (Photo, Video) / Reviews Of Ibrahim Said’s Hat-trick In FIFA U-17 World Cup / Sha’Carri Richardson Tests Positive For Marijuana, To Miss Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.