Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Abia Community Agog As Nollywood Actress, Doris Ogala, Buries Dad - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Abia Community Agog As Nollywood Actress, Doris Ogala, Buries Dad (802 Views)

Men Date Me Out Of P!ty – Amputee Actress, Doris Akonanya / Doris Ogala Exposes Prince Kpokpogri: Blackmailing Is Your Job / Actress Doris Chima Dies After Battling Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia Community Agog As Nollywood Actress, Doris Ogala, Buries Dad by advowilson: 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
By Theresa Moses

It’s no longer news that one of Nollywood’s controversial actresses, Doris Ogala, lost her father, Engr, Umezurike Edward Ogala, on March 17, 2018. He was buried in his country home, Amaokwe-Item, Bende Local Government Area, Abia State.

The town was agog as dignitaries from all works of life, from both in Nigeria and abroad, came to commiserate with the actress, her family and to pay their last respect to the deceased.

Doris, one of the very reliable Special Assistants (General Duties) in the Emeka Rollas’s administration of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), was amazed as movers and shakers in the country, celebrities and colleagues came to support her, as she laid her father to rest.

“I thank God on how he has protected me and my family and given us the grace to bury our late father. Dad, I wish you eternal rest and continue to dwell in the bosom of the Lord. To my friends, colleagues, loved ones, well-wishers and fans, I appreciate your support and may God bless you accordingly,” she said amidst tears.

The President, Actors Guild of Nigeria, Mr Emeka Rollas, (Ochi-ora of Nollywood) who was fully on ground to support one of his capable SAs, prayed that the good Lord will console grieving Doris and her family, giving them strength to bear the irreparable loss.

It was gathered that about N22 million was spent in a month to build the mansion where the slim actress’ father was laid to rest, while over N10 million was rumoured to have been splashed during the burial itself. Indeed, Doris buried beloved dad in a grand style.                    

Among dignitaries sighted at burial were former governor of Abia State, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu; former deputy-governor of Abia State, Acho Nwakanma; representative of the wife of former Abia State governor, Chief (Mrs) TA Orji (Osinaulomaranma); representative of First lady of Abia State Governor, Her Excellency Mrs. Nkechi Ikpeazu, chairman, Enugu State Chapter of AGN, Mrs.Chinwe Owoh; chairman, Anambra State Chapter of AGN, Mr Leo Ewuzie; National PRO, Mr Frank-Dallas Ebulukwu; vice-president, South-east, AGN, Barr Ikechukwu Ezenagwu, Andy Ike, Iyke Nkwu Enu, Chioma Okoye and Mr Agbaeze Ogba, among other dignitaries.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Daughter To Wed In October This Year ( See Photos) / See What Adesua Etomi, Replied A Troll Who Insulted Her For Not Being Pregnant / More Photos Of Davido Registering At NYSC Camp In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.