Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches (13786 Views)

Books Of Peter (Love will cover a multitude of sins) / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches (2) (3) (4)

Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by Neroclassic001: 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
sKeetz:

But Christ drank wine, heck, he allegedly turned water into wine.
I can't recall where it was written he drank. yes, he turned water to wine but I believe the wine wasn't alcoholic else those folks would have been high and misbehaved. Now be candid, do you make sound and clear judgement when you take alcoholic drinks?
Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by sKeetz(m): 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
Neroclassic001:

I can't recall where it was written he drank. yes, he turned water to wine but I believe the wine wasn't alcoholic else those folks would have been high and misbehaved. Now be candid, do you make sound and clear judgement when you take alcoholic drinks?

Lol, as expected- Twist the contents of the bible to mean what you want rather than what it actually means.
Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by Princewell2012(m): 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
Phemmyhohjor:
Some pastor acts this way too... Saw a Man of God in a bar drinking Beer... And he get many members oo... C dz life issa upside down jhare.. Let's leave judgement to God only.. Have a blessed week.

You saw a man of God drinking beer in a bar? Is that what make him bad? Does God condemned. Alcohol? If yes pls show me the scriptures were it was written? But I can show you hundreds of scriptures were formication and adultery is comdemned.
Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by femi4: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
EniHolar:
I want to believe you got this inspiration from the Daily Devotional Guide of Christ Apostolic Church... The topic for this morning is MIXED MULTITUDE.
mixed multitude is scriptural, you don't need to coin it

Exodus 12:38

A mixed multitude also went up with them, along with flocks and herds, a very large number of livestock.
Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by Pero111: 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
Yes oo but will deliver is children
Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by Princewell2012(m): 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
mytym:

What goes into a man does not defile a man but what comes out of the spirit.

If after drinking juice or yoghurt or water, you start having impous thoughts and speak vain words you are as guilty as a man who took alcohol and started spewing thrash or displaying untoward expressions.

It's this utterances or expressions or thoughts or actions/inactions that come out of ones spirit that defileth the man.

We are spirits inhabiting a body.
Since we can't control what happens after taking alcohol, its usually and doctrinally advisable to stay away.

Excessive consumption of alcohol (imutipara) is the sin.
Just as excessive consumption of anything is a sin. Too much food, sleep, water, talk, are all paths to sinning. Even too much fasting (harming your body), the temple is a sin because that body is not yours.

For clearer and sound judgment, it's healthy to stay away from alcohol.
And because a young convert who sees a devout taking alcohol may assume it's okay to take alcohol whereas the young convert is a suckling spiritually who may actually backslide from indulgence just bcoz he saw a deacon/elder/priest taking such...for such a reason it's ultimately preached to kuku stay away from taking any alcohol so you don't lead another man to sin or fall back to their vomit.

A lot of things are human religion that has nothing to do with righteousness but we include them cozvwe think they might help us in living a heaven-conscious life.

A believer who doesn't have empathy or a believer that keeps malice but don't take alcohol is worse off. A believer who doesn't drink nor fornicate but has pride is a worse candidate than an alcoholic.

That's why the theory of relativity is the greatest concept yet...Jesus Christ always apply relativity by using Parables to drive home very important messages. All our righteousness are like filthy rags because human righteousness is relative. Only the Trinity is Holy!

Galatians 5.21(Drunkenness)... Imutipara!

Grace Alone.

You re a trully a spirit filld believer. May God bless you.

Jesus says God is a spirit and those who worship him should do so in spirit and in truth

You see our level of understanding differs like you rightly said earlier. My wife is a member of mountain of fire prayer ministry. So because of her understanding, I usually buy a wine that contain alcohol once in a while and drinks it when she is not around to avoid unnecessary aguement. It is between me and my God. And my conscience is clear. When you did not perform very well on bed na she go still call you a lazy man grin

Happy Sunday.

Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by Olusola424(m): 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2018
Daslim180:
The Lord is good.....

All the time
Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by mabea: 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
globexpo:
The issue is that conference and seminar congregations are being labeled churchs
So on point i guess they are the tares the bible talks about.
Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by mytym(m): 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
Princewell2012:

You re a trully a spirit filld believer. May God bless you.

Jesus says God is a spirit and those who worship him should do so in spirit and in truth

You see our level of understanding differs like you rightly said earlier. My wife is a member of mountain of fire prayer ministry. So because of her understanding, I usually buy a wine that contain alcohol once in a while and drinks it when she is not around to avoid unnecessary aguement. It is between me and my God. And my conscience is clear. When you did not perform very well on bed na she go still call you a lazy man grin

Happy Sunday.

Amen bro. Thanks
Holy spirit teaches us ALL things.

The greatest sin a mortal can commit is to Judge another human being coz one would be acting God. Followed closely by Pride and not showing empathy(I refrain from using 'love').

Be gentle on her o, a colleague said trophy enhances erection wink.
Really whether she complain or not, if you are not satisfying her enough with your body...that one sef na sin o grin grin
I don't take alcohol. I've taken it before but no Pope can tell me its a sin.

Im not mfm member but i attended mfm Power Must Change Hands yesterday, I didn't go to church lastweek and today and my conscience is clear. I was born and raised with full CAC doctrine by my parents who had been born Anglican themselves. My grandparents were Anglican. I attend Anglican now coz I love hymns and good church music.

Thats how free the truth will make us to be. Not the freedom to sin but the freedom from all sorts of ignorance and perpetual pseudo-spirituality. The endgame of gospel of Jesus is Truth that makes the believer immune from ALL ignorance. That's why he said he will send us the comforter-Holy spirit that will teach us ALL things.

A time is coming when we wont need to go to church (building) any more. A time when there'd be more pastors and churches but fewer truths...Holy spirit will be operating at absolute function in its abundance in each believer. Churches will function more like a 'hospital' where you go only when there's a need. It will be a gathering point for sharing testimony or a place to submit welfare materials to needy and missionary purposes. It will also serve as a deliverance point.

There's even more knowledge now through the holy spirit in this dispensation than the days of Apostle Paul. Invariably, Romans 1:28 if we retain God in all our knowledge, God will not allow us to wallow in sins that will make our spirit to dwell in inconvenience.

That is my humble definition of grace.
So na grace we need.
Have an amazing week bro and warm regards to your wife.

Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by Princewell2012(m): 8:03pm On Jun 03, 2018
mytym:

Amen bro. Thanks
Holy spirit teaches us ALL things.
The greatest sin a mortal can commit is to Judge another human being coz one would be acting God. Followed closely by Pride and not showing empathy(I refrain from using 'love').

Be gentle on her o, a colleague said trophy enhances erection wink
Really whether she complain or not, if you are not satisfying her enough with your body...that one sef na sin o grin grin

So na grace we need.
There's even more knowledge through the holy spirit in this dispensation than the days of Apostle Paul. Invariably, Romans 1:28 if we retain God in all our knowledge, God will not allow us to wallow in sins that will make our spirit to dwell in inconvenience.

That is my humble definition of grace.

Have an amazing week bro and warm regards to your wife.

Amen. Thank you so much.

Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by EniHolar(f): 3:36am On Jun 04, 2018
kinzation:
enny I sight you..

wink
Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 04, 2018
EniHolar:
I want to believe you got this inspiration from the Daily Devotional Guide of Christ Apostolic Church... The topic for this morning is MIXED MULTITUDE.
you are dead wrong,check your CAC book to confirm, "mixed multitude is a general topic with different explanations using one context from the bible.

No be only CAC nah APC..
Re: Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches by kinzation(m): 8:15am On Jun 04, 2018
EniHolar:

wink
how you dey nw cheesy

Forget Re-election In 2019 If You Don’t Repent–Bishop Odutemu Tells Buhari,Other / Pastor Sign Fireman: Why Actor Enebeli Enebuwa Is Sick Again / Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri!