Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King (25055 Views)

Chinedu Felix Osuchukwu Appointed ASO Cultural Ambassador (Photos) / Alaafin Gifts Daughter, Princess Zainab, Car For Graduating With First Class / Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King by Teacher1776(m): 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
Efewestern:

Major General Felix Mujakperuo (CFR, mni; rtd) is the Current Orodje of Okpe kingdom, the kingdom is one of the major kingdom making up the Urhobo Nation and it is also the biggest Kingdom in Urhobo Land and Delta State.

The Okpe migration from Benin is said to have taken place around the 17th Century. According to some Oral tradition Okpe migrated from Ile-ife, passed through Bini and settled in Okpe-Olomu and Okpe-Isoko at different times. His four sons – Orhue, Orhoro, Evbreke,and Esezi – then migrated to Orerokpe from where the Okpe people founded and currently occupy about 200 towns and villages in two local governments in Delta State.

Days In the Military

In July 1987, then Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) Mujakperuo arrived in Charlottesville to attend the 36th Graduate Class. A soft- spoken, distinguished-looking officer, Mujakperuo had been born in 1946 and, after graduating from Urhobo College, had joined the Nigerian Defense Academy as an "Officer Cadet" in October 1968.

In March 1971, he graduated as "Best All-Round Cadet" and was commissioned in the Infantry. Mujakperuo subsequently served as a company commander (1971-1973), instructor at the Nigerian Army's Infantry School (1976-1978), and battalion commander (1978-1986). While in this last assignment, he had also been a student at the University of Lagos and the Nigerian Law School, from which he obtained law degrees in 1985 and 1986, respectively.

In 1998 Major General Felix Mujakperuo led the Military Observer Group of the Economic Community (ECOMOG) of West African States to restore peace in Sierra Leone, His troops performed exceedingly well and was recognized by UNOMSIL.

* Major General Felix Mujakperuo addressing Brigadier General Subash Joshi of India, Chief Military Observer of UNOMSIL; Mr. Annan (Sierra Leone 1999)

on July 8, 2006, Felix A. Mujakperuo was elected as Orhue I, the Orodje (King) of the Okpe Kingdom. He was officially installed on Saturday, July 29, 2006, in Orerokpe, the headquarters of the Okpe Kingdom.

Umogun! Umogun!! Umogun!!!
Wo su tor

God bless the Okpe Kingdom
God bless the Urhobo Nation
God bless the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
God bless Nigeria

Wadoooo!
well, thanks for at least talking about Okpe here in Nairaland.
For the record, we need to correct certain misconceptions.
From your historical perspective, Okpe migrated from Bini on their own and settled in where they are today. Did it says they came with the other Urhobo brothers? They came on their own. Na only dem waka come. So why group them as part of Urhobo? Okpe is okpe. Urhobo is Urhobo.
Okpe Agbameni!
Re: Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King by vitality22(m): 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
shadebeauty:
Please Nairalanders Bless me with any amount, I and my daughter are really starving, I've been the one taking care us, my little business as not going well for me, it really a though call for me, coming up to beg.
Madam, you just registered on nairaland today and you're already begging for money. Did you join nairaland purposely for this? Am concerned about your starving but how TRUE is this since you just joined NL today and you've even put up your account details already in your signature. undecided
shadebeauty:
Please Nairalanders Bless me with any amount, I and my daughter are really starving, I've been the one taking care us, my little business as not going well for me, it really a though call for me, coming up to beg.
Madam, you just registered on nairaland today and you're already begging for money. Did you join nairaland purposely for this? Am concerned about your starving but how TRUE is this since you just joined NL today and you've even put up your account details already in your signature.
Re: Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King by Efewestern: 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
Teacher1776:

From your historical perspective, Okpe migrated from Bini on their own and settled in where they are today. Did it says they came with the other Urhobo brothers? They came on their own. Na only dem waka come. So why group them as part of Urhobo? Okpe is okpe. Urhobo is Urhobo.
Okpe Agbameni!

@bolded, The Urhobo nation is big, my last post was about the Uvwie people, I try as much as possible to write about every Kingdoms making up the Urhobo nation, am not alone on this quest, Some notable Users like Fratermathy also tries his best to bring urhobo culture to the world.

Now I will address your other claim, First of all We are not forcing anything on Anybody, The Okpe nation is well respected among other Urhobo kingdoms, For the fact that people migrated separately doesn't mean they are not part of the larger Urhobo family, Itsekiri has different founders who migrated from Ijebu, Ilaje and Bini, but that doesn't make them more or less Itsekiri.

We are all one, and the Urhobo nation will surely protect one of their own.

Urhobo Ovuovo!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King by Luminee(f): 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2018
Efewestern:

Major General Felix Mujakperuo (CFR, mni; rtd) is the Current Orodje of Okpe kingdom, the kingdom is one of the major kingdom making up the Urhobo Nation and it is also the biggest Kingdom in Urhobo Land and Delta State.

The Okpe migration from Benin is said to have taken place around the 17th Century. According to some Oral tradition Okpe migrated from Ile-ife, passed through Bini and settled in Okpe-Olomu and Okpe-Isoko at different times. His four sons – Orhue, Orhoro, Evbreke,and Esezi – then migrated to Orerokpe from where the Okpe people founded and currently occupy about 200 towns and villages in two local governments in Delta State.

Days In the Military

In July 1987, then Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) Mujakperuo arrived in Charlottesville to attend the 36th Graduate Class. A soft- spoken, distinguished-looking officer, Mujakperuo had been born in 1946 and, after graduating from Urhobo College, had joined the Nigerian Defense Academy as an "Officer Cadet" in October 1968.

In March 1971, he graduated as "Best All-Round Cadet" and was commissioned in the Infantry. Mujakperuo subsequently served as a company commander (1971-1973), instructor at the Nigerian Army's Infantry School (1976-1978), and battalion commander (1978-1986). While in this last assignment, he had also been a student at the University of Lagos and the Nigerian Law School, from which he obtained law degrees in 1985 and 1986, respectively.

In 1998 Major General Felix Mujakperuo led the Military Observer Group of the Economic Community (ECOMOG) of West African States to restore peace in Sierra Leone, His troops performed exceedingly well and was recognized by UNOMSIL.

* Major General Felix Mujakperuo addressing Brigadier General Subash Joshi of India, Chief Military Observer of UNOMSIL; Mr. Annan (Sierra Leone 1999)

on July 8, 2006, Felix A. Mujakperuo was elected as Orhue I, the Orodje (King) of the Okpe Kingdom. He was officially installed on Saturday, July 29, 2006, in Orerokpe, the headquarters of the Okpe Kingdom.

Umogun! Umogun!! Umogun!!!
Wo su tor

God bless the Okpe Kingdom
God bless the Urhobo Nation
God bless the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
God bless Nigeria

Wadoooo!

I am a confirmed Okpe pikin.. From Orerokpe!

Okpe Wadooo!
Re: Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King by fratermathy(m): 10:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
Teacher1776:

Okpe Agbameni!

Did the OP ever say Okpes migrated with other Urhobo polities? Did any Urhobo group migrate together with others? All Urhobo groups maintain distinct migratory tales. The Urhoboness of Urhobos is a product of cultural and clannish affinity, not even linguistic affinity as it is obvious that Uvwie and Okpe are distinct Edoid languages like Isoko and Urhobo.

Okpe is a part of Urhobo. The Orodje is a strong Urhobo king. Whatever your thoughts are on this should go to the royal house at Orerokpe and not the OP.
Re: Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King by hadura29(m): 7:31am On Jun 04, 2018
This man stayed in festac, you dare not make noise close to his house.. soldier go beat Weyrey for your body...
Re: Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King by Fourwinds: 9:30am On Jun 04, 2018
nowpresence:
what happened to the former Orodje?
he was killed to give way to the new one

hahahahahahahahaaaaa
Re: Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King by Fourwinds: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2018
hadura29:
This man stayed in festac, you dare not make noise close to his house.. soldier go beat Weyrey for your body...
I know one of his daughter.....let me not disclose her name ...she went to a girls school where my dad worked....

she has a shining black skin.....i always admire her skin texture
Re: Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King by hadura29(m): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2018
Fourwinds:
I know one of his daughter.....let me not disclose her name ...she went to a girls school where my dad worked....

she has a shining black skin.....i always admire her skin texture

Really, that's great. The only girls school around was festac girls na. I don't really know his children though but I might have seen them.
Re: Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King by Fourwinds: 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
hadura29:

Really, that's great. The only girls school around was festac girls na. I don't really know his children though but I might have seen them.
the school wasnt in lagos..... that was in the 90s

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olori Wuraola And Partners Assist Victims Of Mudslide With Shelter In Freetown / Photos From The 2015 Sango Festival / Eke, Orie, Afor, Nkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.