Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery (29450 Views)

FG To Hand Over Offa Robbery Case To Kwara State Government / Offa Robbery: Court Summons Saraki Over Fresh Criminal Complaint / IGP Idris Gets Buhari’s Nod To Arrest Saraki Over Murders In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by bankylan: 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2018
Police is the most useless body in Nigeria....with my previous encounters with them. . I can never trust them...So useless and a threat to live and properties...When the police believe they are answerable to the executive and not the Nigerian people, then we are all in danger..the useless police are useless in curtailing and even unravelling many killings in the land....they are only best used as political tools.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by CSTR1003: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
Pascal181:
don't pity him,when d Senate wanted to impeach the Daura President he blocked it
Exactly.
He protected Buhari from the wrath of the Senate for his own selfish interests.
A serial compromiser who will make any deal for his own benefit.

He is not a member of the opposition. He is an APC man fighting with powers in his own party structure.

I hope they deal with him.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Ihateyoumod: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
neonly:

And d IG is bigger than Nigerian representatives when he summoned abi

The IG sent a DIG, who is a high ranking police officer, to give them the info they seek.....which the constitution accepts....but in this case saraki must obey, if not dem go highjack am by force

2 Likes

Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by victorazyvictor(m): 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
kitaatita:
We shouldn't play politics with violent crimes that killed 33 innocent persons, including pregnant women and police officers.
In 2012 a top Boko Haram commabder, Shuaibu Mohammed Bama was arrested in the home of Senator Ahmed Zanna. Zanna was subsequently arrested. There was no uproar then. Why now? I listened to the audio interview of the leader of the gang and he stated that he was a thug for Saraki and the governor. He also stated that Saraki didn't know about his robbery expedition.
Naturally the Police would want to talk to Saraki. It doesn't make sense for him to run to the President or play politics with such dastardly act. My opinion is that he is not involved in the robbery. Those guys are using his influence to escape justice.

You believed all these things. pray people should not have evil eye on you, even your mother will testify against you.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Maket: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
seunmsg:
This is getting very interesting. Nobody is above the law so Saraki should report before the IGP to explain his link to the armed rubbers. If he's found culpable after investigation, he should be prosecuted. Nobody should get away with running a criminal gang no matter how highly placed.
If this case is not swept under the carpet for political reasons, it will be strong and interesting indeed.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by package7(m): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
Nothing tangible will come out from the wuruwuru investigation. Istandwithbukolasaraki.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
Viergeachar:

Almost all politicians have thugs working for them.
Why is this one different
They should just try and execute the robbers already abeg.

o boy leave politicians o, he might not send them on that robbery but they might have been working for him, these politicians wicked o.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Ihateyoumod: 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
serikiYCU:
1. Saraki has political thugs.
2. He bought Cars for some of them.
3. I don't think he'll stoop so low to send them on a bank robbery.

NPF, do your job without being politically bias.

So u agree he has thugs, so what do u tink d thugs will be doing with the guns and the cars he have dem
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by windwayltd: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2018
Any body who doubt this police report should try and visit Kwara state and ask people about Saraki, then ask for the facts that lead to his invitation. You don't invite such person without strong convincing facts. To give Buhari a prior attack is a political ploy for criminal politicians to draw sympathy when the foresee that investigations on them will soon get them hooked. Saraki knows Dino knows Sariki and more other criminal politicians knows them selves.They have committed so much against the poor masses of Nigeria in quest for political relevance. I STAND WITH BUHARY WERE THE LAW IS FOR EVERY ONE AND WERE GOD FATHERS ARE POWERLESS thats The change i voted for and that is the BUHARI I VOTED FOR AND WILL VOTE him AGAIN IN 2019

1 Like

Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Ihateyoumod: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2018
makavel7:
The Nigerian police is pathetic indeed. I now understand why they and efcc can never win any case in the law court. How can you be conducting an investigation into a matter as serious as armed robbery and you wish to rope in an influential and rich politician and the only evidence you have against him is a socalled confessional statement obtained from armed robber!!! Is everyone mad in Nigeria

They just sent an ex gov to 14years imprisonment
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by LZAA: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
Saraki is finished politically, though as usual the Biafrans can take the criminal to the Yeast.

Cc lzaa

Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by maestroferddi: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2018
SBG04:

Bros please go and read the entire police release on Premium times.
Those thugs are were not sent by Saraki to rob those banks. Heck we don't even know. But what we know is that the leader of the gang is a Saraki boy. They traced payments from the chief of staff of the governor of Kwara to the guy. One of the vehicles used in the robbery, a Lexus jeep was impounded in the Kwara State ministry of environment. The vehicle was smuggled there because the owner knew the police was looking for it. The chief of staff to the governor ordered them to put it there after he was arrested.The story is really dirty. Please open premium times.
You are not making sense.

Boko Haram once nominated Buhari as a spokesman in this country... Does that make Buhari the leader of Boko Haram?

Let's assume without conceding that the so-called suspect knew Saraki in the past...How does familiarity with Saraki translate to his complicity in the crime?

Does your brain consider the fact that were dealing with a one-sided narrative/allegation amateurishly fabricated to whip up sentiment against perceived enemies?

Please use your head...
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by rman: 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
If you are not from Kwara state or live in Ilorin you wil not understand.

Political thugs with vehicle painted with Saraki's picture are all over the place

These boys will do anything for him, inlcuding kill. Saraki need not send them, they are powerful and you dare not speak ill of him in front of these boys. Some are known cultist.

People should understand Kwara has a new CP. He wants to impress and will wonder why these boys are out there in the open commiting crimes and no one dare touch them. Some are on government payroll.

Saraki did not send them to rob banks in Offa but if members of the robbery gang are also members of Saraki gang and put his name out so they may get soft landing or set free? What do you expect the new CP do?

That is why he quickly transffered the case to Abuja.

Some of these guys are well known. All Saraki has to do is severe ties with the ones involved in the robbery, and maybe stop paying some salary. Yes some are on the governments payroll.

1 Like

Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
Nwaide01:
I think it's high time we begin to ask relevant question in this country what happened to the first set of criminals who accused him of being their sponsor.

I think there have been some negotiations to protect the integrity of the National Assembly because of democracy. The meetings between the President, leadership of NASS & some elders of the nation might have made security agents & judiciary to be silent on this case & that of Dino. The NASS also have the Maze removal case outstanding.

People here should not put Dino in problem again with their comments. Dino's discharge on health ground does not mean he has been acquitted. Also, it does not mean Police had concluded the first criminal accusation against Saraki. I suspect high level mediation made everything to be calm.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
doctokwus:

The more reason that "roping in" should also happen to the number 3 man,if that's the case here.
By the time he proves his innocence,if indeed he is,he would appreciate what worse scenario the common man passes in the hands of the police and go try enact laws to change it.
So because he is Saraki,he should not be questioned when the police claims his name was mentioned?That's a typical Nigerian mentality.All are equal before the law,so if Okeke,Abiodun or Goodwill can be roped in and try to bail themselves out,let a Saraki experience same!

Aaaaawwwww.......noooo, maaaan......

The solution is for the NPF to actually investigate crimes and tell the truth whether its a "big" man or a "small" man.

They are getting known globally for falsehood.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Ihateyoumod: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
Donwyz:
saraki invited IGP, IGP no come.......IGP invites saraki, saraki no come.....na 1-1 draw na

Hahahaha ...dude saraki no get choice o......e must go, if. E no go, dem go invite am again like three times, if e no still go....dem go highjack am like dino, I hope say e no go jump from window this time
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by tpadua22(m): 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2018
Sensible Nigerian should know that anyone who is against Buhari 2nd term bid will be witch-hunted.......
Let's ask sensible question...
Will Saraki send robbers to rob banks?
Will Saraki ask robbers to gun down people?
Will Saraki give his car for robbery?...
Look at case of Obasanjo being indirectly witch-hunted....

1 Like

Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Horus(m): 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VVb7khGLgo

Police Summons Saraki Over Off Bank Robbery
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by zsamorano(m): 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
nobody is above the law....saraki need to just honour police invitation and clear his name....his innocent until proven guilty. There is no big deal at all in police inviting him, they are just carrying out there duty as expected. beside I don't think this allegation its politically motivated, reason been that Nigeria politicians are no way different from armed robbers. pls, it would be okay to contacts different newspapers before we start to comment online.....the response of that kwara governor as per that allegation on premiumtimes online newspaper does not add up at all....I don't trust them, they can do anything because of power.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Ihateyoumod: 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
windwayltd:
Any body who doubt this police report should try and visit Kwara state and ask people about Saraki, then ask for the facts that lead to his invitation. You don't invite such person without strong convincing facts. To give Buhari a prior attack is a political ploy for criminal politicians to draw sympathy when the foresee that investigations on them will soon get them hooked. Saraki knows Dino knows Sariki and more other criminal politicians knows them selves.They have committed so much against the poor masses of Nigeria in quest for political relevance. I STAND WITH BUHARY WERE THE LAW IS FOR EVERY ONE AND WERE GOD FATHERS ARE POWERLESS thats The change i voted for and that is the BUHARI I VOTED FOR AND WILL VOTE him AGAIN IN 2019

Pple eye don begin clear, baba no get anybody time...............baba no fear ny body, if efcc or police enter ur case... Baba go turn eye go d oda side. So dey want him out by all means.... We must resist it...PMB till 2023
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by emmygoldlee(m): 8:03pm On Jun 03, 2018
Saraki should go and answer the NPF simple, no man is above the law of the land. If saraki is innocent (with his money and influence) he will walk away freely, I don't believe the npf and i don't trust saraki either, so they should go to the court of law and settle it.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Viergeachar: 8:03pm On Jun 03, 2018
sulesadat:

o boy leave politicians o, he might not send them on that robbery but they might have been working for him, these politicians wicked o.

That's why I said nearly all politicians have thugs working for them. So why is Saraki being singled out if not for other motives
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by maestroferddi: 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
kitaatita:
We shouldn't play politics with violent crimes that killed 33 innocent persons, including pregnant women and police officers.
In 2012 a top Boko Haram commabder, Shuaibu Mohammed Bama was arrested in the home of Senator Ahmed Zanna. Zanna was subsequently arrested. There was no uproar then. Why now? I listened to the audio interview of the leader of the gang and he stated that he was a thug for Saraki and the governor. He also stated that Saraki didn't know about his robbery expedition.
Naturally the Police would want to talk to Saraki. It doesn't make sense for him to run to the President or play politics with such dastardly act. My opinion is that he is not involved in the robbery. Those guys are using his influence to escape justice.
I weep for your stupidity...

Armed robbers who killed tens of people trying to use Saraki's influence to escape justice?...

I am not sure I heard right because what you typed there is one of the dumbest things I have heard.

Can even Buhari absolved this criminals given the gravity of crime we are talking about here?
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by MPESA(m): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2018
adem30:
What I believe is Saraki might not directly be involved the said robbery, but those guys might be connected to him as his political thugs, which means they still works for him. The issue of car gift to those guys will not surprise anyone from Kwara state, because it was not a rumor, it's wat almost everyone is aware of.
Just mention one Nigeria politician that doesn't have or sponsored thugs in Nigeria.
Seriously PRESIDENCY AND APC just want to implicate Saraki .by way what concern thug working for him with robbery , did he send them to steal of which they said No.
PS
IM HATING THIS ADMINISTRATION BECAUSE ITS MAKING ME TO TAKE SIDE OF WHICH IT SHOULDNT BE SO....
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by MPESA(m): 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
bappahman:
The IGP has been keeping our Senator busy, thier days of noise making nd national fun is coming to an end
They are not doing for the benefit of Nigerians but for political purpose.
So they should get a life and work as an independent body . undecided
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by miqos02(m): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
AbuMaryam1:
Saraki better you go and clear your name. Or police will mess you up. I pity you if ur innocent.
they can't mess him up, he is protected by immunity
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by lexsals4real(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2018
Tecno66:
Let's get this right. If I have a staff and he decides to go and commit crime after work, does that mean I sent him? They said they worked as thugs to him, is that enough to conclude that he sent them? Come to think of it, the same Idris that refused to appear before the senate is now summoning someone to appear before him, is that how things workout?
then why do u kept does kind of staff..I mean dirty staff if not for his services that u r benefitting so wat ever he does u shall b held responsible period..
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by MPESA(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2018
[quote author=Carmal90 post=68144110]Too true to be false [/quot
You are lying to yourself bro.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by MPESA(m): 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2018
bossydrover:
A pattern seem to be developing.... Maybe the next thing will be the suspect escaping from police custody. then maybe the arrest and humiliation of the number three citizen of Nigeria.

It is sad that the police have been dragged into local politics, it is unfortunate that the APC cant manage power....
God bless you bro, seriously its hurting me .
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by MPESA(m): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
tashashiel:
if you go against Buhari you must have a case to answer with Npf or Efcc
same tactics used for dino melaye same for Saraki
PMB is an animal in human form.
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by Born2Breed(f): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
I am not a fan of Saraki but this is an obvious witch hunting.

The police has been looking for how to frame senate members.

This is a low low for the IGP aka transmission transmitter man
Re: Police Invite Saraki Over Offa Robbery by MPESA(m): 8:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
Viergeachar:

Just shut up!
Even the blind can see this is a setup.
God bless you .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moroophat Obanikoro Loses Abuja Mansion To FG, Appeals (Photo) / 3 Female Suicide Bombers Killed In Maiduguri This Morning (Graphic Photos) / Four Things Trump And Buhari Have In Common -- BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.