Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,991 members, 7,810,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People (2006 Views)

Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? / Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video) / U.S Based>> Choosing A Career Path In America<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
Hello nlanders especially U.S based nigerians. I am a young lawyer in nigeria and i may likely be moving to the U.S very soon. How possible is it for me to switch to nursing since i dnt have a science background. And if possible what are the steps involved.
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by nifty: 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2018
do not switch to nursing..nursing is not the only profession in america. just do LLM here in the US and you can go through bar exams in new york and be able to practice or get a job in compliance or legal counsel of a company jobs are bound after LLM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2018
nifty:
do not switch to nursing..nursing is not the only profession in america. just do LLM here in the US and you can go through bar exams in new york and be able to practice or get a job in compliance or legal counsel of a company jobs are bound after LLM.
tank u so much. I am most likely going to be staying in boston.
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by nifty: 7:08pm On Jun 05, 2018
my friend and his wife just graduated from university of richmond masters of law program. great program they got 50% off tuition. research dont let anyone tell you to switch to nursing. Alot of nigerians act like nursing is the only profession. its understandable if you studied nonsense course in naija that is useless here but not LAW. it is very relevant just do master llm ontop of what you have in naija

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2018
@nifty i really appreciate ur contribution.God bless u
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by lindaayim(f): 1:26am On Jun 07, 2018
Itsachair:
Hello nlanders especially U.S based nigerians. I am a young lawyer in nigeria and i may likely be moving to the U.S very soon. How possible is it for me to switch to nursing since i dnt have a science background. And if possible what are the steps involved.
PLEASE ASK THOSE TELLING YOU NOT TO SWITCH WHAT THEIR PROFESSION IS?
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by rinzaugustine: 6:25am On Jun 07, 2018
nifty:
What do you mean by compliance?Is it teaching and why should he go the LLM route instead of doing the bar and practicing
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
lindaayim:
PLEASE ASK THOSE TELLING YOU NOT TO SWITCH WHAT THEIR PROFESSION IS?
plz can u enlighten me more . We are all learning. God bless u
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by nifty: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
rinzaugustine:
What do you mean by compliance?Is it teaching and why should he go the LLM route instead of doing the bar and practicing

because you cannot be called to bar in the US, with a foreign law degree in the US. Infact new york is one of the few states that allow you to be called to bar after you atleast have an LLM to your name.which literally take a year or less to complete. not all lawyers go to court, some work in compliance which means making sure your company is in compliance with whatever law that bounds the industry that company operates in I.E a pharmaceutical company would have a compliance department to make sure they are in compliance with all laws in that industry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
nifty:

because you cannot be called to bar in the US, with a foreign law degree in the US. Infact new york is one of the few states that allow you to be called to bar after you atleast have an LLM to your name.which literally take a year or less to complete. not all lawyers go to court, some work in compliance which means making sure your company is in compliance with whatever law that bounds the industry that company operates in I.E a pharmaceutical company would have a compliance department to make sure they are in compliance with all laws in that industry
tnk u xo much for d explanation
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by rinzaugustine: 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
nifty:

Lol...a lot of misinformation you are giving people here.You dont have a right of audience as a counsel in any court here in the US with an LLM or even a phd in law even if you obtained it from havard except you pass the bar exams of the state you intend to practice in.Foriegn trained attorneys are eligible to write the bar in New york,california,maine,delaware,georgia,texas,california ,alabama,wisconsin,maryland and some few other states subject to some conditions
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by nifty: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
rinzaugustine:
Lol...a lot of misinformation you are giving people here.You dont have a right of audience as a counsel in any court here in the US with an LLM or even a phd in law even if you obtained it from havard except you pass the bar exams of the state you intend to practice in.Foriegn trained attorneys are eligible to write the bar in New york,california,maine,delaware,georgia,texas,california ,alabama,wisconsin,maryland and some few other states subject to some conditions

I forgot to add that you need to pass the bar exams...it just makes it easier if you atleast have an LLM+pass the bar exams....
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by nifty: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
most foreign trained attorneys atleast have an LLM coupled with passing the bar exams
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Nikkydave: 1:50am On Jun 08, 2018
nifty:

My dear,please follow your mind. Do not be discouraged. Nursing for sure is good for you. Am equally on same move. You do not need anyone's opinion. You know what you want,Just go for it.
Nursing is good for you.!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 08, 2018
Nikkydave:

My dear,please follow your mind. Do not be discouraged. Nursing for sure is good for you. Am equally on same move. You do not need anyone's opinion. You know what you want,Just go for it.
Nursing is good for you.!
tnx dear
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Mizwisdom(f): 5:29am On Dec 31, 2018
Do nursing, as a lawyer your Ng accent will not favor u in US
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by yemiosinbajo: 7:11am On Dec 31, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Do nursing, as a lawyer your Ng accent will not favor u in US

Really? Where did you hear this from? Who told you accent has any impact?
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 31, 2018
Work and study in your profession, it's more easy, find a job as a paralegal or get short courses to be one and working start to study additional courses for to be a US lawyer. Paralegals make decent money and with additional US studies, maybe Master you will do very well, much better than a nurse.
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
Nice thread
Re: Is It Possible?.for U.s Based People by Mizwisdom(f): 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
yemiosinbajo:

Reliable sources.

(1) (Reply)

Bus Stops From Ikeja To Egbeda(to & Fro) / Why Can't All Africans Move Out Of Africa / Nigerians In Maldives Please Indicate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.