Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" (12584 Views)

Nancy Isime: I Lost My Mother At Age 5, I Suffered Depression And Attempted Suic / Kemi Olunloyo: "I Am Dying Slowly, I Have Suicidal Thoughts Daily" / Nina Vs. Nancy Isime: Who Rocked Fringe Pants Better? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Ayodele70: 10:56am On Jun 04, 2018
From; Amagitesblog.com

Nollywood actress and TV Host Nancy Isime has shared her inspiring story, revealing that she suffered depression and had several suicidal thoughts while growing up.

Read her story as she shared on Instagram page below...

"You know, growing up I suffered Depression. I was so young to understand life, yet I wanted out. I was in a dark place.
I had several suicidal thoughts but somehow I found the strength to live through all of them.
As a younglin, I was shy and really withdrawn. Where there were several people talking I wouldn't dare speak for fear of being asked to shut up. I knew I was funny and smart inside my head, but will just crack the joke/give the opinion in my head.
I envied those with "great personalities".
I was lonely. I had a few friends but I was Lonely. I was sad but really didn't understand why. This continued even till my late teenage years, suicidal thoughts were gone But I was still unhappy. Constantly looking for what/who would accept and maybe make me happy.
One day, I decided I was going to find my voice. I was gonna speak when I wanted to, I was gonna crack a joke when i felt like it and if no one laughs at it I'm gonna laugh anyway cos I'm funny as heck! I was gonna do whatever I wanted to do. I knew I had a great personality and I decided it had to shine! Guess what, the universe worked side by side me on this one. It became a TABOO for me to hang around anyone who makes me feel less of myself. A TABOO! Life handed me a huge scissors and i just chopped away! Cutting off, moulding and protecting myself.
I'm writing all this today because I want to speak to you who's going through depression especially at a young age. The suicide rate amongst the youth is alarming.
I'm sorry you have to go though this phase for whatever reason. Yes that's what it is, a phase! Please hang in there. You have such a bright amazing future ahead and the devil is just trying to mess with your mind. Please fight back. Distance yourself from whatever/whoever brings you to that state. Spend time with yourself and only people who brightens your mood. A bad day isn't a bad life. Listen to uplifting music. Invest your energy in positivity. Unfollow anyone on social media who unknowingly puts any kind of pressure on you, heck even if its me! I'll miss you but you MUST hit that button!
Life is Beautiful! And there's so much to learn and enjoy from it. See you at 90 Boo! Mwah!
"

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/06/growing-up-i-had-several-suicidal-thoughts-tv-host-nancy-isime-her-story.html

16 Likes

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Munzy14(m): 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
Motivational monday. Most ladies are passing through this dark side currently.

2 Likes

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by LaughButton01(m): 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
hm
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by TissuePaper: 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
So everyone wants to get cheap fame by concocting useless stories angry

7 Likes

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by abdul6211: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
Really?
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Demonicide(f): 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
I was in your shoes too, but it took the grace of God to scale through.

8 Likes

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by OboOlora(f): 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hope Ubi Franklin is reading this...

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by shammahyaro(f): 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2018
Everyone has a story to tell........
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Benekruku(m): 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
And why didn't she succeed in executing her thoughts.

Height of where failure starts from. Thinking without execution!
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by safarigirl(f): 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
Yeah, been there...still there, but I talk when I want to, I laugh when I want to, and I like to make others laugh, so, yeah, sometimes I still feel good about myself, even through the bad times.

I totally understand her though. Good for her that she's pretty and all, so the universe could work in her favour. Not every one has a pretty face and a nice body that can assist their climb.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Naughtytboy: 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2018
safarigirl:
Yeah, been there...still there, but I talk when I want to, I laugh when I want to, and I like to make others laugh, so, yeah, sometimes I still feel good about myself, even through the bad times.

I totally understand her though. Good for her that she's pretty and all, so the universe could work in her favour. Not every one has a pretty face and a nice body that can assist their climb.
you always on point

2 Likes

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by NotNairalandi(m): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 04, 2018
Naughtytboy:
you always on point
she wont gv u pussy sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Khallyella(f): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
In my case, I had no friends and still have none, just a loner to the core..
Thank God for her life tho, hope I scale through too.

4 Likes

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Naughtytboy: 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
yeyerolling:
she wont gv u pussy sha
u don't find what you have
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Naughtytboy: 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
yeyerolling:
she wont gv u pussy sha
But she will give me Anal
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by megareal: 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
Been there, only thing was I Never ever thought of suicide. Looking back now, I realize the darker the days then, the more creative I was. My best writings;music, poem and prose stem from those terribly dark days.

Now it's not a bad as it was before yet I sometimes crave them back because that is when the alternate, highly creative, super achieving me comes out.

1 Like

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Metuh: 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
TissuePaper:
So everyone wants to get cheap fame by concocting useless stories angry
She is already famous than anybody from your clan.

Why don't stick to your gambling thread

3 Likes

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Metuh: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2018
Benekruku:
And why didn't she succeed in executing her thoughts.

Height of where failure starts from. Thinking without execution!
how old are you
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Naughtytboy: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2018
yeyerolling:
she wont gv u pussy sha
Am okay with anal
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by TissuePaper: 1:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
Metuh:

She is already famous than anybody from your clan.

Why don't stick to your gambling thread
hahaha..how are you doing fam smiley
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Kimcutie: 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2018
Khallyella:
Ah. God has sent me to you. You aren't a loner anymore. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by bamideleafolabi: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
KEEP Hoping. You cannot afford to give up.
Whatever is the cause of your suicide thoughts, remember that you live in a land flowing with milk and honey, where you can wake up with less than 100 Naira and sleep a millionaire. Time and chance changes things here.
Khallyella:
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by iamclime(m): 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
safarigirl:

But YOU are especially pretty in YOUR own beautiful way! You've got to fight for every dream! Don't let anything form a gloomy cloud over you. You have enough light to irradiate the world!

1 Like

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Boss13: 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2018
I wonder what she intend to achieve from this. Many young Nigerians have contemplated suicide. The country is tough. Many young Nigerians are depressed, there is widespread unemployment in the country.
Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Mobsync(m): 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
megareal:
Been there, only thing was I Never ever thought of suicide. Looking back now, I realize the darker the days then, the more creative I was. My best writings;music, poem and prose stem from those terribly dark days.

Now it's not a bad as it was before yet I sometimes crave them back because that is when the alternate, highly creative, super achieving me comes out.

Just like me. I wrote my best stories when I was broke, hopeless, angry or depressed.

These days, I find it difficult to even sit to write, not to talk of writing stories.

That's why many of these musicians are usually addicted to drugs.

Before fame, they have the mojo and willpower to create songs. They are inspired by the thirst for fame and success.

Once they blow, that inspiration dies off and they turn to drugs for inspiration.

1 Like

Re: Nancy Isime: "I Had Several Suicidal Thoughts Growing Up" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2018
Khallyella:
You will scale through. With all the challenges in this life, this life is still sweet, when there is life there is hope. Don't let anyone intimidate you. Please try to have a friend, there are good friends out there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ini Edo Cancels Akwa Ibom Festival As State Mourns Church Collapse Victims / See These Swag Dressing Styles From Cute Kids(photos) / Omg!!! Ester From Unijos Have Been On Facebook Sharing Wild Photos Of Herself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.