Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight (904 Views)

Help !!! My Birds Are Dying / Lost All My Birds..help / Day Old Chicks, Poults And Growing Birds Are For Sale In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by Azarina: 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2018
Make una help me o. Please your suggestion is needed here
I use sawdust as a litter material for my birds, so I noticed some of them prefer to eat worms rather than their feeds., my vet doc said it's normal for birds to eat worms, I feel like beating him now. They have being fine all along (day old to 10weeks)
Im about to start selling now, they are now acting up
They are reducing weight, sleeping while eating, reduced appetite
I've tried deworming and changing their litter material to sand
Please come to my aid
May God bless you as you do so

Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by delishpot: 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
That stool is clearly not normal. Abi village people don ready for you ni? Lets leave it for the elders to educate us better
Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by kaybobo200: 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2018
Snap their poo. You can get them intracoc and doxygen. I guess infection
Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by davspog2(m): 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2018
Did you follow all the vaccination programme as required? How many birds do you have in your pen? But in the main time you can add vitamin to their water twice a day.
Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by Kemosolar: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
treat for cocci. you can use maxicocc.
Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by Azarina: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
davspog2:
Did you follow all the vaccination programme as required? How many birds do you have in your pen? But in the main time you can add vitamin to their water twice a day.

I got them at the 4th week and gave lasota vaccine by the 8th week. I have 20 birds
Alright
Thank you
Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by Azarina: 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
Kemosolar:
treat for cocci. you can use maxicocc.

That isn't available at the medicine store. I got prococ
Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by Azarina: 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
kaybobo200:
Snap their poo. You can get them intracoc and doxygen. I guess infection

The poo is beside the bird in the picture
Thanks
Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by davspog2(m): 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
Azarina:

I got them at the 4th week and gave lasota vaccine by the 8th week. I have 20 birds
Alright
Thank you
ok..how are they doing now? If it's just 20 birds then it's not crd.
Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by Azarina: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
davspog2:
ok..how are they doing now? If it's just 20 birds then it's not crd.

They are managing but not as agile as I know them to be
Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by davspog2(m): 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
Azarina:

They are managing but not as agile as I know them to be
how is their droppings like? And how well do you know their history from where you bought it? Keep on with the vitamin till you give a feedback on the droppings sir. Stay safe
Re: Help, My Birds Are Losing Weight by Azarina: 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hello, everyone in here
Thanks for your response and concern the birds are now OK and are now disturbing me as usual. I'm so happy

Luckily I found a someone who made of mixture of drugs for them and it worked. She is godsent

I've learnt a lot from that horrible experience which I won't ever repeat the mistakes again

No eating of litters

I love my birds o

Thanks fam

(1) (Reply)

Fadama Render 5916 Graduates Jobless. / Direct Supplier From Mile12 Market,lagos / Investment In Poultry Farming: My Calculation On Expenditure And Profit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.