Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting (2605 Views)

Wike Rules Out Reconciliation With Atiku, To Deliver Rivers Votes For Opposition / Mass Defection Looms In APC As 5 Governors, 28 Senators Join Forces With Npdp / nPDP Members Set To Pull Out Of APC Over Failed Congresses, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by nairalandaddict: 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
[img]https://www./wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Saraki-and-Dogara-1-1000x600.jpg[/img]

The nPDP faction in the All Progressives People's Congress has accused the federal government of blackmail.
The group accused the presidency of not being interested peace talks.

The group also showed displeasure in the withdrawal of the security aides of the Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives.

A statement made available to Naija News by the spokesperson of the group, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje, CON, reads:
"The public may recall that there have been ongoing talks between members of the former nPDP, the APC and the Presidency in recent days."

"Nigerians may further recall that a team from the former nPDP led by Speaker of the House of Representatives, His Excellency Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara and four others, were to meet with the Vice President, His Excellency Prof Yemi Osinbajo today."

"However, while we are truly and earnestly committed to achieving reconciliation, harmony, truce and cohesion in the APC as we approach the 2019 general elections, it is appears that the Presidency is not interested in the talks and that they may have been negotiating in bad faith."

"We were alarmed that immediately after our meeting with the Vice President last week, the presidency misrepresented  what transpired at the meeting by trying to blackmail some of the principal actors involved in the discussions in a national daily."

"Similarly, the leadership of the party (APC) went ahead to ratify  all the Congresses from ward, local governments, states and zonal  where many of our members have complaints, effectively presenting us with a fait accompli.
The persecution of our members using state security apparatus have continued unabated."

"We recognize the powers of the Police to conduct criminal investigations but by rushing to the public with the issue even when they have unfettered access to the leadership of the National Assembly suggests an attempt to undermine, caricature and humiliate the institution of the legislature."

"It appears that there is a fouled and toxic atmosphere and environment of intimidation and threat to life in which we now find ourselves which may no longer be conducive for members of the former nPDP to continue with the talks."

"Given the unfolding events in the last 24 hours, where the President of the Senate, His Excellency, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki and His Excellency, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed, the Executive Governor of Kwara State , both of whom attended the meeting with the Vice President on Monday 28 May, 2018, have suddenly been accused of sponsoring armed robbery by the Police under the directives of the Presidency."

"Similarly, on Saturday, June 2nd, 2018,  the Department of State of Services (DSS) also suddenly withdrew more than half of all the security details attached to the  presiding officers of the National Assembly under questionable circumstances."

"The nPDP leadership has decided to  brief our members on the unfortunate development and get a fresh mandate if good faith returns to the discussions."

Source: https://www./2018/06/04/presidency-is-trying-to-blackmail-us-npdp/

1 Like

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nigeria can never move forward with this kind of drag him down by any means attitude. Does it mean nobody can openly criticise this government without being framed up? Things are really getting out of hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
grin
Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
"It appears that there is a fouled and toxic atmosphere and environment of intimidation and threat to life in which we now find ourselves which may no longer be conducive for members of the former nPDP Nigeria to continue with the talks."

You cannot suffer from start, finally get small democracy and it seem things are looking up and *gbam* you have buhari and start retrogressing..

2019 election seems like one that would have bachelors eve... "sign of relief party"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by pode(m): 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
This is the best time for them to leave APC for good, nothing worth dying for, if the original members of the APC don't want you in the party anymore why trying to make yourself stay, once beating twice shy

5 Likes

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by Paperwhite(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
And the implosion have started.APC will pay dearly but Nigeria will be greatly better for it.
Thank goodness! Karma is serving it to all these traitors red,red hot.No peace for them in PDP & same in APC.Jonathan you really serve a God.

13 Likes

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2018
This is what I call original use and dump!!!
I can't stop laughing.....oh my schest

3 Likes

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by Switruth: 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gang up leading to going down.
Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by bid4rich(m): 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
Let them go back to their source.........back to the basis but I believe pride will not let them do that.

My advice to them..........if you don't know where you are going; you should know where you are coming from........and if you don't know either way, then.......DIE
Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
Mtcheeeeww! Go back to where you came from!

1 Like

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by Goke7: 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2018
pode:
This is the best time for them to leave APC for good, nothing worth dying for, if the original members of the APC don't want you in the party anymore why trying to make yourself stay, once beating twice shy

I wonder what they are still waiting for? just shows that they all rode on the popularity of PMB to where they are now. If they are so sure of themselves and their political worth, why can't they just decamp back to PDP and slug it out in 2019. Me think they are so confused of what do now

1 Like

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by duwdu: 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
Now, this is what I call, "the best emerging news, ever!" Let the two sides go their separate ways, so that each can answer its father's name, pure and simple.

Yep, let all sides meet at the polls. After all, that's the basis of democracy. The current patch-patch, insincere arrangement has actually served more to hold down the extent of the developmental progress the Federal Government would otherwise have made by now, IMHO.

Good luck, everyone, and may the side that's destined to be better for our society, win.

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by tuniski: 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2018
Implosion implosion implosion. APC on the brink!

3 Likes

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by powerkey: 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2018
Let them scatter

3 Likes

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by KenOne: 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
These people didn't waste so much time like this when they left PDP infact they left PDP to APC a year plus to election. Now 8months to election they are still drag footing of leaving APC it shows they all lack balls and rode on PMB back to victory in 2015 those from the North that didn't join APC and remained in PDP all lost their elections, people Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido, Shema. If these nPDP decamp back to PDP or any other party they'll never get re-elect come 2019 they know this and the reason why they're still in APC negotiating for a deal but bad for them PMB is not interested because he knows they all won by Sai BABA slogan.

3 Likes

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by duwdu: 8:14pm On Jun 04, 2018
KenOne:
These people didn't waste so much time like this when they left PDP infact they left PDP to APC a year plus to election. Now 8months to election they are still drag footing of leaving APC it shows they all lack balls and rode on PMB back to victory in 2015 those from the North that didn't join APC and remained in PDP all lost their elections, people Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido, Shema. If these nPDP decamp back to PDP or any other party they'll never get re-elect come 2019 they know this and the reason why they're still in APC negotiating for a deal but bad for them PMB is not interested because he knows they all won by Sai BABA slogan.

Yours truly couldn't have articulated what you've said any better, KenOne, good thinking!

Furthermore, these "complainers" have had the whole of the National Assembly (very crucial in getting a government's program going) in their selfish vice grip, been doing whatever they want with the nation's purse while conniving with the opposition, and are still telling barefoot lies that they've been marginalized? What insensitivity!

P34c3

1 Like

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by chernest2002: 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2018
All the Judas in Apc must face their nemesis. You did it to Jonathan and buhari learned.

2 Likes

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by kitaatita: 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
Were the so called nPDP negotiating for the Nigerian people or for themselves? What have they contributed to the people's welfare apart from being clogs in the wheels of governance since joining to win elections for this administration? I don't care if Buhari or APC loses next elections. Good governance is what I want for Nigeria. The nPDP doesn't represent good governance. They are a bunch of selfish individuals who are determined to destroy the polity if not allowed to have their way.

3 Likes

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by Habeebat61(f): 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
Finally! their selfishness is at play... 2019 is going to be fun... Nigeria has had enough! God help this nation amen!
Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by freeze001(f): 11:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
Turncoats! Serves the whole lot of them right as they couldn't stop and look at the bigger picture. Today, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't! After bringing in the ant infested wood what do they expect?

Shebi Jonathan was too much of a weakling for them? Now even their structures n machinery have been taken over by bigger, more dangerous beasts than themselves - the fulani bastards in power. Unfortunately, the common man will bear the brunt of this evil. One can only hope that Mother Nature intervenes in the way only she knows how to.

1 Like

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by Babacele: 4:42am On Jun 05, 2018
who cares? if you folks think you have electoral number and value, then leave .

1 Like

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by gr8keeng: 4:50am On Jun 05, 2018
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one valid opinion, I honestly believe that i completely forgot what i was going to say.
Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by AroleOduduwa(m): 5:06am On Jun 05, 2018
Where there is little or no public opinion, there is likely to be bad government, the major problem PMB has is that he can’t stand criticism/ other peoples opinion.

I hope he doesn’t win because if he does, we are going into full autocracy
Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by front4line: 12:25am On Jun 07, 2018
AroleOduduwa:
Where there is little or no public opinion, there is likely to be bad government, the major problem PMB has is that he can’t stand criticism/ other peoples opinion.

I hope he doesn’t win because if he does, we are going into full autocracy

You obviously need a brain revamp. Buhari can’t stand criticism but he as been putting up with Fayose n Ipob insult right from inception.

Who among Ebele or Obasanjo is half as good a democratic as Buhari judging from the electoral fraud they perpetuated or the governors they illegally removed. Buhari is not a Democrat my foot, beta watch the jargons you say on this forum or people will take you to the cleaners for this naivety that resemble outright “foolishery”.

1 Like

Re: nPDP Accuse Presidency Of Blackmail, Pulls Out Reconciliation Meeting by AroleOduduwa(m): 12:34am On Jun 07, 2018
front4line:

You obviously need a brain revamp. Buhari can’t stand criticism but he as been putting up with Fayose n Ipob insult right from inception.

Who among Ebele or Obasanjo is half as good a democratic as Buhari judging from the electoral fraud they perpetuated or the governors they illegally removed. Buhari is not a Democrat my foot, beta watch the jargons you say on this forum or people will take you to the cleaners for this naivety that resemble outright “foolishery”.

Buhari was voted in to correct the wrong of the previous administrations, I know better so no one can take me to the cleaner, if you’re up for a voice convo, I’m game.
Magu alone is enough proof that PMB doesn’t respect the rules of law but again you’ve your own view and I have mine, can’t force mine down your throat and vice versa

(1) (Reply)

The Earth Was Ruled For 241,000 Years By 8 Kings Who Came From Heaven. / Air Peace: I Smell South Africa / Sowore And Dasuki Release was facilitated by Rtd gen yakubu Gowon Visit To Pmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.