Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! (3427 Views)

Stampede Kills At Least 310 People At Mecca Hajj Pilgrimage / Photos From The Burial Of Muslims Killed In The Mecca Crane Crash / The Mecca/ Jerusalem Pilgrimage: The Height Of Religious Idiocy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! by paris10: 5:17pm On May 30, 2010
With no disrespect to anyone's belief, I think most Nigerians (this time Muslims) are ignorant to the fact that going to Mecca or Hajj doesn't and will never be a pre-requisite to gaining God's favour.

Enough emphasis has been relayed to this issue and often times most Yoruba Muslims have been misinformed of this reality. I have of recent interviewed enough Muslims and all they say was "going to hajj would bring God's blessing on you", totally and utterly rubbish! Christians who go to Jerusalem are called JP's; Alhaja & Alhaji for the Muslims who visit Mecca. Visiting or going to these places doesn't give you an edge over your fellow brethren but rather gives you a title. A title is just a prefix or suffix attached to your name without necessarily changing God's opinion of you.

Jerusalem and Mecca are only historical places for reference purposes and not to be misunderstood with God's plan for your life. It does not make you more spiritual (except at the time of visiting), and after then you're back to your normal self. They are of no value than Museums and Art galleries which are used for reference and historical purposes. I however do argue that the fashion tooth's (gold or silver) these Alhaja's/Alhaji's decorate their mouth with are mere piece of jewellery with no spiritual undertone.

An average Nigerian spend close to #500,000 for hajj operations whilst looking forward to a drastic change of fortune after then. Thousands have been disappointed but still happy they made the journey; thanks to the double silver tooth.

My point: Going to Mecca is not and should never be a compulsory journey you have to make (, a lot of you would argue other wise and back it up with some hadith's). Our God is an awesome God and will never place such a task to one in a different country other than yours.

Pls note Yoruba Muslims, Arabic is a language and should never be placed above your yoruba language! God understands every language in the world and will never tell you to pray or seek Him in a particular language.

Enuff said
Re: Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! by bee444: 5:57pm On May 30, 2010
don't mind them jare @poster, they think they can buy their way to heaven by going to someone else's country, speaking someone else's language and buying some gold/silver teeth's. Ignorance indeed!
Re: Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! by desertboom(m): 6:06pm On May 30, 2010
Every muslim believes that going to that arabic country is the key to spiritual growth and prosperity. Oh people are often deceive because of religion.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! by Abuzola1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2010
@op- if u are a muslim then u are certainly an ignorant hypocrite who is lazy to seek for knowledge.
And if u are a christian then this is the least i expect from a kafir.

Narrated Abu hurairah that the messenger of Allah said,'from one pilgrimage to another is an expiation for sins committed between them and the reward of a perpect pilgrimage is nothing less than paradise'
sahih muslim, hadith 640
Re: Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! by chakula: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2010
paris10,

WHY JERUSSALAM FOR CHRISTIANS?
Re: Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! by Abuzola1(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
Hajj is the 5th pillar of islam,
@chakula- yeah xtrian go to jerusalem for their pilgrimage
Re: Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! by Abuzola1(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2010
Chakula, i want to go, may Allah strengthen u, i was prompt to login to NL by a fella so i can remind them of those days, i will be coming time to time to spate the section. This abode is not good for a mumin to reside. Have a nice day and may Allah protect u amin
Re: Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! by chakula: 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2010
Abuzola !:

Chakula, i want to go, may Allah strengthen u, i was prompt to login to NL by a fella so i can remind them of those days, i will be coming time to time to spate the section. This abode is not good for a mumin to reside. Have a nice day and may Allah protect u amin

May Allah Almighty Granted Jannatul Firdaus to you Bros,
Bye till we meet again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! by Jenwitemi(m): 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2010
bee444:

don't mind them jare @poster, they think they can buy their way to heaven by going to someone else's country, speaking someone else's language and buying some gold/silver teeth's. Ignorance indeed!
And calling themselves, alhaji/alhaja. wink
Re: Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance! by MzQuadrey: 7:41am On Aug 05, 2017
paris10:
With no disrespect to anyone's belief, I think most Nigerians (this time Muslims) are ignorant to the fact that going to Mecca or Hajj doesn't and will never be a pre-requisite to gaining God's favour.

Enough emphasis has been relayed to this issue and often times most Yoruba Muslims have been misinformed of this reality. I have of recent interviewed enough Muslims and all they say was "going to hajj would bring God's blessing on you", totally and utterly rubbish! Christians who go to Jerusalem are called JP's; Alhaja & Alhaji for the Muslims who visit Mecca. Visiting or going to these places doesn't give you an edge over your fellow brethren but rather gives you a title. A title is just a prefix or suffix attached to your name without necessarily changing God's opinion of you.

Jerusalem and Mecca are only historical places for reference purposes and not to be misunderstood with God's plan for your life. It does not make you more spiritual (except at the time of visiting), and after then you're back to your normal self. They are of no value than Museums and Art galleries which are used for reference and historical purposes. I however do argue that the fashion tooth's (gold or silver) these Alhaja's/Alhaji's decorate their mouth with are mere piece of jewellery with no spiritual undertone.

An average Nigerian spend close to #500,000 for hajj operations whilst looking forward to a drastic change of fortune after then. Thousands have been disappointed but still happy they made the journey; thanks to the double silver tooth.

My point: Going to Mecca is not and should never be a compulsory journey you have to make (, a lot of you would argue other wise and back it up with some hadith's). Our God is an awesome God and will never place such a task to one in a different country other than yours.

Pls note Yoruba Muslims, Arabic is a language and should never be placed above your yoruba language! God understands every language in the world and will never tell you to pray or seek Him in a particular language.

Enuff said

This is seven years later Mr Paris, I hope you have gained knowledge enough by now to be shocked at your own write up seven years ago. If not, may Allah guide us all.

(1) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Begins Her Annual International Pastors And Partners Conference / Ignominious Christ Embassy Church, Shameless Oyakhilome / C.C.T: God Is Not Wicked!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.