Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation (662 Views)

49 Senators Sign Against Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Impeachment / Modibbo Kawu In Hate Speech Against Saraki On Whatsapp / PDP Members Protest Against Saraki, Decamp To APC In Ilorin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation by Uranus1: 1:40am On Jun 05, 2018
Members of the Youth Agitator Nationalist Forum on Monday protested against the invitation of the President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, by the police in connection with the Offa robberies.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Mr. Moshood Jimoh, had in a statement on Sunday alleged that five principal suspects of the April 5 robberies made some allegations which indicted Saraki.

He was asked to report to the Force Intelligence Response Team office to answer to the allegations levelled against him by the suspects.

But the protesting youths, who marched to the palace of the Olofa of Offa, Oba Mufutau Gbadamosi, in the Offa Local Government Area of Kwara State, asked the police not to politicise their investigation into the robberies.

They sang songs and displayed placards to express their agitation. Some of the writings on the placards read, ‘We can see the truth,’ ‘Saraki is the leader that reigns in Kwara State,’ ‘Offa robbery cannot be used to settle political scores,’ ‘Politics and robbery are not equal,’ ‘Offa people are not fools,’ and ‘There are lies in police action.’

The President of the Youth Agitator Nationalist Forum, Peter Kayode, said the group would mobilse no fewer than 5,000 youths to trek from Kwara State to Abuja to show their solidarity with Saraki.

He said, “We do not want the Nigeria Police Force to use the Offa incident against our leader (Saraki). We are using this protest to sound a note of warning that the police should correct their action. They must make sure that this issue is not politicised. They should leave our leader alone.

“We are youths and we have the capacity to trek to Abuja; it is not just a verbal utterance. If this issue is not addressed, the youths of Kwara State will walk from Kwara to Abuja.

“We don’t want any revolution, but when we start our movement, there will be no going back.

“We are more than 5,000; we have as members secondary school pupils and students in tertiary institutions that are Kwara State indigenes. We will walk to Abuja.”

A woman leader in Offa, Chief Atinuke Mycarthy, urged the police to do a thorough investigation into the robberies.

“They should be thorough in their investigation. We are not here to disturb or distract the work of the police. We are imploring them to be fair and ensure justice so that the truth will be revealed,” she said.

The Ojomu of Offa, High Chief Joseph Akinnola, said the palace was surprised to learn that Saraki was being linked to the suspects, adding that the community was taken aback by the allegation against him.

“He, however, said the police should do their work thoroughly, adding that those culpable should be dealt with.

He said, “The Senate President was one of the early callers to commiserate with us.

“He promised to help us to get more armoured personnel carriers and policemen. The state government promised a new police station.

“We want to implore the police to be God fearing and ensure that the innocent will not be punished.

https://www.nigerialog.com/metro/offa-robbery-offa-youths-protest-against-sarakis-invitation/new/#new
Re: Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation by HungerBAD: 1:42am On Jun 05, 2018
Sad.

This is exactly why and how this country got to the mess it is in now. In a saner clime, Saraki with his dubious past,should have been locked up a long time ago.

Same Saraki that defrauded thousands of people at the defunct Societe Bank,where he was in charge. We have not even talked about how he milked Kwara dry for 8 years as the Governor.

Same Saraki the criminal has been pepper-souping,beering and Nkwobi-rizing with known political assassins turned bank robbers.

And when the law is about to question him,it became convenient for these rent-a-crowd to crawl out from the earth.

How can Nigeria ever get better when criminals are not held accountable?there was a country.

5 Likes

Re: Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation by Yian1(m): 1:59am On Jun 05, 2018
The way Nigerian people trek a very long distance these days, I fear it won't make cars and planes redundant.
Re: Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation by NaijaElba(m): 2:51am On Jun 05, 2018
I give up on Nigeria.
Re: Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation by seguno2: 2:52am On Jun 05, 2018
HungerBAD:
Sad.

This is exactly why and how this country got to the mess it is in now. In a saner clime, Saraki with his dubious past,should have been locked up a long time ago.

Same Saraki that defrauded thousands of people at the defunct Societe Bank,where he was in charge. We have not even talked about how he milked Kwara dry for 8 years as the Governor.

Same Saraki the criminal has been pepper-souping,beering and Nkwobi-rizing with known political assassins turned bank robbers.

And when the law is about to question him,it became convenient for these rent-a-crowd to crawl out from the earth.

How can Nigeria ever get better when criminals are not held accountable?there was a country.

Please save your crocodile tears for APC hypocrites like yourself. Otherwise show us where you have advocated for Buhari to be locked up for his responsibility for the deaths of many Nigerians in cold blood.
Re: Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation by GuyWise(m): 9:05am On Jun 05, 2018
HungerBAD:
Sad.

Yes you're right bro, even Bullhari, Amechi, Maina, Orji uzor kalu, Tinubu and other Apc saints would have long ago be in a heavily guarded prison, but this is Nigeria anything can happen.
Re: Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation by GuyWise(m): 9:10am On Jun 05, 2018
NaijaElba:
I give up on Nigeria.
See, I surpport the fight against criminal and corrupt politicians but what I don't support is fighting it one sided.
Re: Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation by NaijaElba(m): 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2018
GuyWise:

See, I surpport the fight against criminal and corrupt politicians but what I don't support is fighting it one sided.

How's this fight ones sided? To be honest I don't see Nigeria getting better. I think we are the problem of ourselves that's why our leaders are doing anyhow.
Re: Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation by seunowa(f): 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
NaijaElba:

How's this fight ones sided? To be honest I don't see Nigeria getting better. I think we are the problem of ourselves that's why our leaders are doing anyhow.

Bros pls don't pity Nigerians
We deserve d kind of politicians we av
Afta 2019,Nigerians will continue to lament of worse insecurity,hike in food prices and bad economy.it can neva get beta because d masses are foolish set of pple...
The same masses will carry out jungle justice on criminal stealing tomatoes..
Only 4 them to protest against court ruling if Tinubu,Gbenga Daniel,saraki are found culpable
Re: Offa Robbery: Offa Youths Protest Against Saraki’s Invitation by NaijaElba(m): 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2018
[quote author=seunowa post=68201688]

Bros pls don't pity Nigerians
We deserve d kind of politicians we av
Afta 2019,Nigerians will continue to lament of worse insecurity,hike in food prices and bad economy.it can neva get beta because d masses are foolish set of pple...
The same masses will carry out jungle justice on criminal stealing tomatoes..
Only 4 them to protest against court ruling if Tinubu,Gbenga Daniel,saraki are found culpable [/quotep]

God bless you for this. It is obvious we are the problem of ourselves. I have given up on that country long ago!

(1) (Reply)

Oyo 2019: Why Joseph Olasunkanmi Tegbe? | ‘gafaar Adesina / Why I Quit Dickson’s Cabinet, PDP For APC — Bayelsa Commissioner / Buhari's Service Chiefs Appointments Now Making Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.