Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:39 AM

Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals (599 Views)

Which Unlimited Internet Can I Use In Badagry, Lagos State / SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users / Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by enny66(m): 12:40pm On Jun 05, 2018
what are the battery optimization tips that have been used to make smartphones more fun and easier to use?

The rules for battery optimisation have changed a bit over the years. Here's a thread of useful tips.

1: Modern batteries do not require you to charge them full or empty them completely any more. Feel free to top-up your battery at every chance you get.

2: Background internet usage is a huge battery drain. If you do not need to check your emails every 15 minutes, adjust synchronisation to say 30 minutes or 1 hour. Do the same for some social media apps. The more time between synchronisation, the better.

3: Apps running in the background will also drain your phone's battery. Close heavy , media-intensive apps like games, social media apps, and camera when you are not using them.

4: keep your phone away from extreme heat or cold. Not only will your battery drain faster under those conditions, you may also damage your battery or other parts of the phone.

5: Where possible, dim the brightness of your phone's screen. Your battery will last longer. You can also reduce the time-out of your phone's display.

Follow the live thread here https://twitter.com/TECNOMobileNG/status/1003954605506560000

In terms of smartphone performance, what are the things a smartphone user must put in place to make their smartphones work smoothly?

If there is one thing I will point out, it is this: get enough storage space. If your phone has a small internal storage, buy a memory card and save your files to it by default to keep your phone's memory as free as possible.

Apart from that, your smartphone is designed and built to run smoothly from the word, Go. Make sure you have adequate storage space and you are ready to go.

Talking about device storage, in your own opinion, what are the applications that mostly cause device lagging?

The apps that are often responsible for device lagging are heavy apps, usually multimedia apps and games. Also, it must be noted that sometimes, it is not low memory that is responsible for lagging. Poor internet can also be responsible.

So, we are looking at apps like action games, Instagram, Facebook, and even the camera. These apps can often cause your phone to lag when in use.

Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by enny66(m): 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2018
Seeing that these apps are very important, how can a 1GB RAM user best use his or her smartphone to prevent lagging and force stopping of apps?

Very important question. RAM = Random Access Memory. In layman's terms, it is the memory used by an app when it is running. So a heavy app uses more RAM. Two apps running at the same time use up more RAM. The more RAM in use, the slower the phone gets. What to do?

If you own a phone that has 1GB RAM, you must bear in mind the limitations of that device. What to do is not run too many apps at the same time. Limit yourself to 2 or 3 at a time, so the phone does not use up the available RAM.

When you are done using an app, close it. Do not just open another one. Why do your apps force close or shut down suddenly? They do so because your phone has used up its available RAM.

But if you keep to this guideline, your phone will run smoother.

Let me reiterate: if you own a 1GB RAM phone:

1. do not switch between 2 or 3 apps at a time.

2. when you are done using an app, close it to free up your RAM

3. when you need to use a very heavy app, if possible do not open other apps at that time.

1 Like

Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by Rubiesangel: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
Yesterday, I heard someone saying he wants to flash his phone because it wasn't browsing fast. I was shocked and asked him what's the nexus? Why would he want to flash his phone cause of slow internet speed? Ignorance though.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by enny66(m): 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2018
When taking pictures, what are the precautions to be taken to ensure that the camera app does not cause issues for a smartphone while being used?

Modern smartphone cameras are ready to use. Point and shoot. But because camera is an intensive app itself, I recommend that users of phones with small RAM close other apps - especially the heavy ones - whenever they want to use their camera.

Also, chances are that if your phone has 1GB RAM, it also has a small internal storage space for your photos, videos and other files. So, I recommend that you use the biggest memory card you can and save your photos on it instead of on the phone.

So, if you have a 1GB RAM phone, close other apps when you want to use your camera. Also, use a memory card as storage for your photos and videos.
Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by enny66(m): 1:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
how does the Android Go OS help with smartphone optimization? Do you consider it effective?

Android Go puts more optimised software and apps on phones with low RAM and internal storage space. I have used it and can tell you that it makes a difference.

So, a phone with Android Go and that has 1GB RAM will run smoother and more efficiently.

The apps available for Android Go devices are also optimised to use up less storage space & less RAM. These apps include Gmail Go, Maps Go, Google Go, Assistant Go, and YouTube Go.

There are also lite versions of some heavy apps, e.g. Facebook Lite, Twitter Lite

Use Android Go apps and lite apps to keep your 1GB RAM smartphone running smoother. They are optimised for it.

One thing is sure: with an Android Go smartphone, you will get better performance even when your phone has only 1GB RAM.
Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by enny66(m): 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2018
What do you advise on the usage of Lite version of apps? e.g Facebook lite, Twitter lite, Skype lite...etc..

Lite apps are great for phones with 1GB RAM! There are lite versions of Twitter, Facebook, Shazam, Skype, and more. These lite apps use up less storage space and less RAM.

Go to Play Store on your phone and search for Twitter Lite, Shazam Lite, etc, to download.
Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by edewojames(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2018
I was following this tweet too. And Mister Mobility was on point. Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by Queennette(f): 4:33pm On Jun 05, 2018
This thread was so impacting. I learnt alot and just while he was having that section, my phone began to heat up and i noticed the hotter it got the battery was draining and stopped charging .. i just said out loud "this is what Mister Mo was talking about ".. i just allowed my phone cool and then life became normal again grin.

I enjoyed his section and the tips are really helpful. Thanks to TecnoMobile for coming up with this amazing idea.

I like the question posed by Tito as regards the future of smartphones after Mister Mo made mentioned of Virtual and Augmented reality, and AI as the future of smartphones.
Mister Mo's reply got me nodding in agreement.

This was nice. Kudos to Mister Mo and TecnoMobile.

Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by chicwoman(f): 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2018
The guy has a point with the slow internet
The thread was a good one

1 Like

Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by bravesoul247(m): 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2018
Mr. Mobility was so on point. Solid enlightenment

1 Like

Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by bravesoul247(m): 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2018
edewojames:
I was following this tweet too. And Mister Mobility was on point. Thanks for the enlightenment.
I tell you bro. Solid points he's dropping

1 Like

Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by psoul12: 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
It was interacting...
Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2018
I followed the tweet chat from start to finish...it's was very educative.
Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by nnaomaog(m): 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2018
psoul12:
It was interacting...

Yes it was. Some interesting chats...

Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by Rubiesangel: 10:14am On Jun 06, 2018
Mr. Mobility dealt with a lot of issues and clear several misconception about mobile devices. Nice one.
Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by Rubiesangel: 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
nnaomaog:

Yes it was. Some interesting chats...
it was interactive and educative too.
Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by Ejadike(m): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
Very insightful. Ive added to my pool of knowledge with the informations I've gathered.
Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by Rubiesangel: 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
It suddenly looks as if my device has started performing differently since after that tweet chat. Lol. It's performing better now
Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by Pekuliar: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
I usually leave my apps running in the background when not in use, Lesson learnt tho.. Thanks!
Re: Poor Internet Can Also Be Responsible For Phone Lagging: Tech Blogger Reveals by paolokonqueror(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
Great Tips! In reality, enjoying one's device isn't such a herculean task. I feel we just need to manage our devices better and even though I knew some of these tips previously, I've sure added some more that I hope will benefit me.

(1) (Reply)

Is Techno W2 A Good Smart Android Phone / SolD!!!! / Infinix Smart 2 Or Infinix Hot 5 Which One Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.