Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure (1352 Views)

Buhari Says Nigeria Is Ready To Assist Distressed African Countries / It's Unjust To Say I'm Silent On Killings By Herdsmen - President Buhari Says / ''I Will Not Disappoint Nigerians'' President Buhari Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Ebullience(m): 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2018
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

Despite the security challenges being witnessed in parts of the country, President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said Nigeria under his watch was now sufficiently safe and secure.

He said since the first thing tourists all over the world looked out for was security, Nigeria was now open for tourism.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President said this while receiving the Secretary-General of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation, Mr. Zurab Pololikashvili, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Buhari said the security situation in the country before the inception of his administration would have made it inconceivable to host an international tourism conference in Abuja like it was being done now.

The 61st UNWTO Commission for Africa conference is holding in Abuja.

The President said, “I am pleased that the country is now sufficiently safe and secure, and the message should go out to the world for all tourists and business travellers.

“The first thing tourists look out for is security and I am happy we have it now.

“Minister Lai Mohammed has been trying to convince the world that Nigeria is safe and has great potential for tourism and investment.

“I am glad that you and your team have come here to see things for yourself.”

Highlighting the nexus between tourism and sustainable development, the President said Nigeria would not be left behind in ensuring that communities and businesses benefit from tourism development.

In his remarks, Pololikashvili commended Nigeria for the successful hosting of the conference which brings together African Ministers of Tourism, principal executives of the global tourism body and other stakeholders in the tourism sector.

The UN tourism chief told Buhari that Nigeria had huge potential to develop the tourism sector considering its large economy.

“We can do it in Nigeria, we can create, convert Nigeria to the main tourist destination in Africa. There is a huge potential here. Culture, nature, food, you have everything here.

“You are investing in agriculture, improving seamless travel through visa-on-arrival programme, reforming the economy and doing so much on security. Nigeria is safe,” Pololikashvili said.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed said 166 delegates, including 26 tourism ministers from Africa were attending the UN tourism conference, holding from June 4 to June 6 in Abuja.

http://punchng.com/buhari-says-nigeria-now-sufficiently-safe-and-secure/
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by SalamRushdie: 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2018
This man is obviously not okay in the head .... Over 5000 killed by herdsmen under his watch yet he is still saying nonsense ...Nigeria has never been this insecure , our highways have turned into Kidnap bazzaars and our farmlands abbatoirs .

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by SniperSmurf(m): 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
Lies.

I just saw graphic pictures of SARS operatives butchered recently by 'Fulani herdsmen'. Why Bubu? Why?!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Nukilia: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
grin cheesy grin grin grin The SARS men who died are from Libya.... That's all

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by JasonScoolari: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2018
If you're not tired of this shithole led by the moving carcass from Daura, I, Jason is tired.

So long my fellow nairalanders.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Tallesty1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
SniperSmurf:
Lies.

I just saw graphic pictures of SARS operatives butchered recently by 'Fulani herdsmen'. Why Bubu? Why?!
A country that isn't safe for armed security operatives is what the old clown is claiming to be safe for tourists

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by buhariguy(m): 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by buhariguy(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This man is obviously not okay in the head .... Over 5000 killed by herdsmen under his watch yet he is still saying nonsense ...Nigeria has never been this insecure , our highways have turned into Kidnap bazzaars and our farmlands abbatoirs .
I don't know what is wrong with idiotic pigs of Biafra?

If you want to avoid them, they will always find how to provoke our sensitivity.

The jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra want us to be comparing the number of death,

I will not remind them of how more than 20,000 innocent soul were murdered by boko haram, and more than 2m displaced.
But buhari has resettled the displaced innocent people.

We will not remind the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra how more than 20 local government were under the leadership of shekau.
Paperwhite:
No government have stupidly & annoyingly insulted the sensibility of Nigerians like the lying Buhari-led APC government. angry RIP all the lost souls.

Buhari till 2023
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by delugajackson: 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2018
“Minister Lai Mohammed has been trying to convince the world that Nigeria is safe and has great potential for tourism and investment."
If you had done your job as the President, would you have any need to convince anybody? Rather, you find it comforting to be apportioning blames. Today it's PDP, tomorrow it's Herdsmen from Libya, next tomorrow will be Saddam Hussein. Have you no shame?

The truth is you are an expert at failure, and it will take Nigeria quite some time to recover from the evil perpetrated by you and your useless party. The facts are on ground, and I make it bold to say that this is an insult to well meaning Nigerians.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by bspyce(m): 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2018
I came across these letters a lot " was now " , could it be that even Nigeria is a "was" in Bubu's assertion?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Paperwhite(m): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2018
No government have stupidly & annoyingly insulted the sensibility of Nigerians like the lying Buhari-led APC government. angry RIP all the lost souls.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by phastaphosto: 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2018
It has always been "safe and secure" for foreigners not for it citizens...and you tell me 400years of slavery is not by choice...#Emancipateyourselffrommentalslavery

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
With what i'm seeing shocked

Nwaamaikpe for president! angry
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Anigreat: 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2018
shocked

I'm not surprise to hear this, its obvious the dullardin doesn't know the meaning of safe and secure.

What a lying and useless president!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Donald95(m): 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
There is only one set of Idiots in Nairaland that will gladly believe this crap.BMC Hypocrisy is defined when you condemn Judas Iscariot for his lost of money

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Cmyname(m): 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
Funnicator:
With what i'm seeing shocked

Nwaamaikpe for president! angry
You want a crazy & controversial comedian as a president?
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Maket: 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
GO AND PASS A NIGHT IN SABISA FOREST OR GUMA OR LOGO LGA IN BENUE STATE. WHEN YOU ARE BACK I WILL BELIEVE YOU SIR.

Except you tell me these places mentioned above are not part of Nigeria yet you got your votes from there.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by NwaAmaikpe: 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2018
shocked

I'd be ripe for the post of Presidency in 2023.
Keep your fingers crossed and get your PVCs ready.
All I want to do as President is to bring to reality the fantasies of all Nigerians.
That's my one-point agenda.

We couldn't get a Nairalander to represent us either at the Big Brother house or at the World cup.
But I will represent all of you at the 2023 Presidential elections.

Let's give Nigeria for once; a President who won't be afraid to accept blames,
A President with iron balls to wreck the evil cabal,
A President who will be up-to-date with the latest dance moves.
A President whose cuteness will bring back all professionals in diaspora.
A President who won't be too busy to dialogue with Nigerians on this forum.
A President whose only orgasm will cum from putting Nigeria amongst the world's greats.

It's with all sense of humility and respect to Nairaland that I unveil my future ambition to you all first.
NwaAmaikpe will be needing your votes to become Nigeria's President in 2023.

This isn't about Mama Ramotu or Sister Sikira, neither is it about my phobia for Ewedu soup and Fura Dununu,
It's about the redemption of our country's already-bleak future.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Twoclans(f): 11:03pm On Jun 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

All I want to do as President is to bring to reality the fantasies of all Nigerians.

We couldn't get a Nairalander to represent us at the BigBrother house.
Or a nairalander to represent us at the World cup.

At highlighted so that you will spend all our money on mama ramotus breez .we won't vote you tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Houseofglam7(f): 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2018
Is this some sorta joke
undecided
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by chiboy441(m): 12:02am On Jun 06, 2018
Maybe he is right. shocked boss is always right.
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Harrynight(m): 7:30am On Jun 06, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

We couldn't get a Nairalander to represent us either at the Big Brother house or at the World cup.

A President whose only orgasm will cum from putting Nigeria amongst the world's greats.

It's with all sense of humility and respect to Nairaland that I unveil my future ambition to you all first.

This isn't about Mama Ramotu or Sister Sikira, neither is it about my phobia for Ewedu soup and Fura Dununu,

I can guarantee u 17 votes from my family
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Nancydearie(f): 7:41am On Jun 06, 2018
Did I hear him say Nigeria is safe when On Nigerians are being butchered on daily basis ? What's going on in this our beloved country? Everything is turning upside down.
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by omobs(m): 8:26am On Jun 06, 2018
NwaAmaikpe for president 2023
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by GOFRONT(m): 8:35am On Jun 06, 2018
Pls brother Go ahead.....This is the declaration I've been waiting all these years from you...

And I hope you are not talking the talk, You must walk this Talk cos u seem to understand the Psycho and the Nitty gritty of running the affairs of bringing Nigeria out of the woods.

#IstandwithNwaAmaikpe 2023!!!

Dj, pls play me Soukkous make I dance to this declaration by NwaAmaikpe grin

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Omeokachie: 8:54am On Jun 06, 2018
He should take his family on holiday to Sambisa to show that Nigeria is indeed safe for tourism.
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by thundafire: 9:08am On Jun 06, 2018
Cattle dung dis man is inhaling is good for him
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by Temmy5050(m): 9:28am On Jun 06, 2018
keep deceiving yourself fool
Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by paschal47(m): 11:31am On Jun 06, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You have my vote already

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure by DeOTR: 11:40am On Jun 06, 2018
buhariguy:
I don't know what is wrong with idiotic pigs of Biafra?

If you want to avoid them, they will always find how to provoke our sensitivity.

The jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra want us to be comparing the number of death,

I will not remind them of how more than 20,000 innocent soul were murdered by boko haram, and more than 2m displaced.
But buhari has resettled the displaced innocent people.

We will not remind the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra how more than 20 local government were under the leadership of shekau.

Buhari till 2023
20000 or 5000, needless loss of lives is unacceptable. Buhari was not elected to break all the bad records set by past administration, he was elected to make things change.
Since 5000 human lives is an acceptable loss to you, would you rather be the 5001th victim?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/ / Kwara By-election: Bukola Saraki Faults Ibrahim Idris For Transferring Four Dpos / Countdown To Atiku Travelling To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.