Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan (3466 Views)

2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi / We Thank Ndigbo Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by redsun(m): 10:41pm On May 31, 2010
Beaf:

Nobody is against Northerners, so lets avoid simplistic arguments.
Those "leaders" in the class of Tanko Yakasai, Isa Yuguda, Yerima, IBB, Kanti-Bello etc DO NOT represent the average Northerner. Those men and their type represent all that is corrupt, backward and wicked about Nigeria. In the 40 years they have been in power, what have they achieved even for their own people? Everyone knows that the North is the poorest and by far the most deprived of Nigerian regions; yet all young progressive Northerners and other future detribalised leaders have been witch-hunted, criminalised, hounded into jail, or forced into exile (in a democracy shocked). Masari, Ribadu and El-Rufai easily come to mind.

The North is more of a hostage to these men than Nigeria in general (judging by the incredible degree of backwardness they have levied against their own people). At this point in time, the North actually needs the South to save it from the bloodsuckers, paedophiles and vampires that have siezed her instituitions of power and are plotting ways to extend their territory across the country. The North deserves a fresh and better set of rulers, leaders and opinion shapers than they currently have. . . Nobody deserves the likes of Yerima and his 13 year old "bride".

I bet you have been taken out of this place and been given a job by jonathan,i observed u have been away for awhile.

How good is jonathan and his crew as regards salvaging nigeria if at this point in time the know prolific thieves are still part and parcel of governance without any heat,except for the likes of ibori?

There are so many iboris walking free in the system and still deciding the faith of civil nigerians.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by redsun(m): 10:43pm On May 31, 2010
Beaf:

Nobody is against Northerners, so lets avoid simplistic arguments.
Those "leaders" in the class of Tanko Yakasai, Isa Yuguda, Yerima, IBB, Kanti-Bello etc DO NOT represent the average Northerner. Those men and their type represent all that is corrupt, backward and wicked about Nigeria. In the 40 years they have been in power, what have they achieved even for their own people? Everyone knows that the North is the poorest and by far the most deprived of Nigerian regions; yet all young progressive Northerners and other future detribalised leaders have been witch-hunted, criminalised, hounded into jail, or forced into exile (in a democracy shocked). Masari, Ribadu and El-Rufai easily come to mind.

The North is more of a hostage to these men than Nigeria in general (judging by the incredible degree of backwardness they have levied against their own people). At this point in time, the North actually needs the South to save it from the bloodsuckers, paedophiles and vampires that have siezed her instituitions of power and are plotting ways to extend their territory across the country. The North deserves a fresh and better set of rulers, leaders and opinion shapers than they currently have. . . Nobody deserves the likes of Yerima and his 13 year old "bride".

I bet you have been taken out of this place and been given a job by jonathan,i observed u have been away for awhile.

How good is jonathan and his crew as regards salvaging nigeria if at this point in time the known prolific thieves are still part and parcel of governance without any heat,except for the likes of ibori?

There are so many iboris walking free in the system and still deciding the faith of civil nigerians.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On May 31, 2010
fugocisse:

i think all south should support jonathan come 2011. is there any thing wrong for a ND man to lead our country since almost all the wealth of nigeria comes from there( though we igbos have much of the oil too). but then jonathan has shown some qualities which seems a step towards right direction. please for GOD sake all i want is nigeria to become great! look at how other countries are making fun of us! can you imagine ghana and south africa, now they have join other countries in making fun of our great nation nigeria. hausa/fulani should wait and see what nigeria will turn into with jonathan on the sit come after 2011.

Why exactly should ALL the south vote for this man at this point?

A) Because he is a PROVEN leader?

B) Because he is a southerner?

C) Because he is the BEST Nigerian for the job?

Which? Please prove FACTS to support claims made grin
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by bkbabe97: 11:12pm On May 31, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Why exactly should ALL the south vote for this man at this point?

A) Because he is a PROVEN leader?

B) Because he is a southerner?

C) Because he is the BEST Nigerian for the job?

Which? Please prove FACTS to support claims made grin

D. Because Ojukwu doesnt support him!

And u know anyone/anything the Ibos go against is always the best choice!!! grin
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 11:49pm On May 31, 2010
bk/babe97:

D. Because Ojukwu doesnt support him!

And u know anyone/anything the Ibos go against is always the best choice!!! grin

I have ignored you for so long but will soon draw my sword.You seem to think Igbo is a small village or something.Igbos can never ever be ruled by one man.We all have equal opportunities to air our views and that is why we remain the only true democracy in the world.Our women do not bow down to greet men nor do our men bow down to any living man as our overall king.We are all born as potential kings.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 01, 2010
grin grin
sjeezy8:

You are an IBB boy- im sure you will go to your hometown with an IBB poster and shirt

"a vote for IBB is a vote for ndigbo in 2015" lol
[b][/b]lwkmd
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by bkbabe97: 12:37am On Jun 01, 2010
Abagworo:

I have ignored you for so long but will soon draw my sword.You seem to think Igbo is a small village or something.Igbos can never ever be ruled by one man.We all have equal opportunities to air our views and that is why we remain the only true democracy in the world.Our women do not bow down to greet men nor do our men bow down to any living man as our overall king.We are all born as potential kings.

Awww, just shut the fucnk up!!! You will draw ur sword, and then what? U'll sling it across the Atlantic and hope that in some miraculous Ibo way it gets to Brooklyn and strikes me in the chest? Ok, I gotcha, non-arrow throwing Cupid!!! Look at the arrogance "the only true democracy in the world"! Lol.lol.lol. Clowns!!! Self aggrandization + Self delusion= Mental Illness!lol. Keep lying to urselves. Potential kings indeed!
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by okunoba(m): 1:46am On Jun 01, 2010
@Beaf, u are so right, no one is against the North but against the leaders who deprive their own people basic education and skills needed to survive in the modern World.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by udezue(m): 2:45am On Jun 01, 2010
If it means the core-north waiting for the next 100 yrs for the nation to move forward then so be it.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 3:00am On Jun 01, 2010
Abagworo:

I disagree with the first analysis there. From what I have read from folks who constantly claim to speak FOR ALL ibos, it seems they are the ones who think Iboland is a small village, and that Ibos can be ruled by one man and one mind. ANd they do a good jobv pushing that image, even though it is really not based on reality. I have tried on so many occassions to get them to stop that but I have never seen you correct them though. Matter of fact, most of what you do is sit comfortably close to one side of the fence on the issues. Just wonder why you feel drawing your sword in this case is the way to go.

By the way, nothing wrong with cultural practices that have women bowing down, kneeling down,or the men prostrating or touching their chests after a handshake out of respect. Let us not turn this into another USELESS "MY TRIBE IS BETTER THAN YOURS BECAUSE WE KISS ARSE FROM THE OPPOSITE SIDE" argument.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by NativVirus: 10:24am On Jun 01, 2010
To hell with zoning.
Who cares what North PDP stand for.
Even hausa woman can contest, Ibos, Yurobas can do same, Yar Aduas get dying angry angry
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by saintalexo(m): 11:12am On Jun 01, 2010
Chief Onwuka Kalu is absolutely right with what he's saying its right time the ibos should make their stands known to other region of our great nation and the same is applicable to the yorubas. sad sad sad sad
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Echidime(m): 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2010
Many of you here do not know which KALU that is speaking,Is not Orji Uzo Kalu the former Governor, this is Chief Onwuka Kalu IBB's Right man he was the one that Organise the first children of Africa which Micheal Jackson refuse to attend,while he and IBB shared their Billion of Dollars,later IBB used him to transfer Nigerian oil money abroad,then as an Ibo man, he cornered the cash to himself which lead to IBB Arresting him and detaining him for years,and later release him.

Here they come again,naija should watch out
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
Echidime:

Many of you here do not know which KALU that is speaking,Is not Orji Uzo Kalu the former Governor, this is Chief Onwuka Kalu IBB's Right man he was the one that Organise the first children of Africa which Micheal Jackson refuse to attend,while he and IBB shared their Billion of Dollars,later IBB used him to transfer Nigerian oil money abroad,then [size=14pt]as an Ibo man, he cornered the cash to himself[/size] which lead to IBB Arresting him and detaining him for years,and later release him.

My friend what did you mean by the bolded words? I don't want to abuse you, but watch your choice of words. If you are speaking for yourself and your family "as an ibo man" then make it abundantly clear. Don't make a silly statement that even a non-Igbo will not make.  angry
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2010
Hiss, leaves thread.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by jaguar09(m): 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2010
I dont thinking Jonathan needs a four year team to write his name in gold in Nigerian history 11 months to go is a lot of time to do something that will make him the best, greatest and amiable leader ever. fix existing national issues and worry about your political future thereafter are my sencere advice to him.

Afterall Awolowo begged to rule Nigeria just for one day (even though he had personal motives for that) but then it goes to say alot in the scheme of things.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by otondo55: 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2010
Kalu ke ? HISS

Messing abia the more.

Aba is an eye-sour.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by asha80(m): 3:47pm On Jun 01, 2010
otondo55:

Kalu ke ? HISS

Messing abia the more.

Aba is an eye-sour.

This is Onwuka kalu not Orji Uzo kalu
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by adconline(m): 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2010
where was this profesional politrickian when Abubakar Rimi contested even when it was 'zone' to the South?
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
Echidime:

Many of you here do not know which KALU that is speaking,Is not Orji Uzo Kalu the former Governor, this is Chief Onwuka Kalu IBB's Right man he was the one that Organise the first[size=13pt] children of Africa [/size] which Micheal Jackson refuse to attend,while he and IBB shared their Billion of Dollars,later IBB used him to transfer Nigerian oil money abroad,then as an Ibo man, he cornered the cash to himself which lead to IBB Arresting him and detaining him for years,and later release him.

ROFLMAO!!!

Memories man . . . . we don suffer no be small for that country.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by SKYPO: 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2010
undecided My advice to Goodluck is to obey the zoning formula of PDP because an Agreement is agreement full stop. or let those gentle men come together discard the zoning formula as they agreed before.

How will you feel if somebody disappoint you?. Just said the truth and forget sentiment.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by metalgong5(m): 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2010
SKYPO:

undecided My advice to Goodluck is to obey the zoning formula of PDP because an Agreement is agreement full stop. or let those gentle men come together discard the zoning formula as they agreed before.

How will you feel if somebody disappoint you?. Just said the truth and forget sentiment.

Exactly my view of the debate. . . . .
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Beaf: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2010
SKYPO:

So where did South South fall in that "agreement?" Also, if not for the fate, where does the ND fit in the "agreement"? Are they only good for providing oil and not good enough to rule?
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2010
Frankly, this is one of those issues that define a people and their character. As the saying goes, "the true test of character is not what one does in convenient times, but rather what he/she does in times of difficulty."

It is far more convenient for Ndigbo to throw their weight (whatever it is worth) behind Jonathan next year, afterall, this is politics. But, even politics have conventions, which is part of why Ndigbo keep having problems in Nigeria.

What is so hard about abiding by a simple convention (a gentleman's agreement)? Why do we always risk being the scapegoat for trying to do the right thing? There is a good chance that Ndigbo may decide to back Jonathan, and he may win in that scenario, but at what cost?

It is easy to argue that Nigeria is an immoral nation where words don't mean much, but what right do we have to complain when we get bad leadership? Are immoral people entitled to honest leadership? Of course not!

Before now, I would have insisted that Jonathan contests, but please notice that I can only support him when he has reassured the injured parties -in this case the northerners- that he means well. The cost of treachery is steep!
Treachery destroyed the East -West (Igbo-Yoruba) political synergy for ever.

My position: I would only support Jonathan if he fairly convinces the PDP (not through arm twisting like he did with Ogbulafor) to drop the zoning convention for ever. In that case, we southerners must never complain in the future if a northerner corners power for a prolonged and inordinate tenure. He who goes to equity must go with clean hands.

Let us carefully consider this challenge.

Summary, I would only support him if he fairly convinces stakeholders in PDP to drop the PDP zoning convention.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Beaf: 9:16pm On Jun 02, 2010
Onlytruth:
. . .
What is so hard about abiding by a simple convention (a gentleman's agreement)? Why do we always risk being the scapegoat for trying to do the right thing? There is a good chance that Ndigbo may decide to back Jonathan, and he may win in that scenario, but at what cost?
. . .

Gentleman's agreement? No.

The zoning arrangement seen its true light is nothing but the pinnacle of treachery and skullduggery. It was a crude mechanism put in place to pacify the Yoruba after the anullment of the June 12 elections and the prolonged arrest and death of the winner, M.K.O Abiola. That is all it was and it has been fulfilled with the Presidency of Obasanjo.

Senator Kanti-Bello one of the leaders of the cabal has said in print that he wouldn't mind for zoning to be scrapped after 2015 (after a Northerner ahs been in power from 2011). So where does that leave the Southern gentlemen in the gentleman's agreement? Nowhere.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by metalgong5(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

So where did South South fall in that "agreement?" Also, if not for the fate, where does the ND fit in the "agreement"? Are they only good for providing oil and not good enough to rule?
So you are now a PDP member, right? Nigerians will never cease to amaze me. . . .  It is quite ironic that most southerners are now PDP members just because their brother ascended to the helm of Nigerian affairs , the same PDP they are calling the worst thing that ever happened Nigeria. This scenario playing out has also exposed the tribalistic tendencies of most Nigerians,especially how it has been turned into anti - north sentiment.

In referrence to the issue of the agreement, it was simply based on North - south rotation. However, we should always try to clarify that this is a political party's gentleman agreement and not Nigerian constitution.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by sjeezy8: 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2010
metal-gong:

So you are now a PDP member, right? Nigerians will never cease to amaze me. . . .  It is quite ironic that most southerners are now PDP members just because their brother ascended to the helm of Nigerian affairs , the same PDP they are calling the worst thing that ever happened Nigeria. This scenario playing out has also exposed the tribalistic tendencies of most Nigerians,especially how it has been turned into anti - north sentiment.

In referrence to the issue of the agreement, it was simply based on North - south rotation. However, we should always try to clarify that this is a political party's gentleman agreement and not Nigerian constitution.

yes Southerners are PDP members when it befits them ODE

I want a NDeltan to be president so im PDP for now- in 2015 ohhhhh im AC - FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENTT!!!!!!
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Gentleman's agreement? No.

The zoning arrangement seen its true light is nothing but the pinnacle of treachery and skullduggery. It was a crude mechanism put in place to pacify the Yoruba after the anullment of the June 12 elections and the prolonged arrest and death of the winner, M.K.O Abiola. That is all it was and it has been fulfilled with the Presidency of Obasanjo.

Senator Kanti-Bello one of the leaders of the cabal has said in print that he wouldn't mind for zoning to be scrapped after 2015 (after a Northerner ahs been in power from 2011). So where does that leave the Southern gentlemen in the gentleman's agreement? Nowhere.

I really would like to believe the bolded, but I think that Jonathan can help clarify things. That guy has achieved more for Nigeria within few months in office than the years of Yar adua (and even OBJ). So, it is very easy to support him. I remember very well during Obasanjo's failed constitutional conference when the debate about zoning was raging. The north insisted it must be on the basis of north and south, while the south east and south south canvassed for a geopolitical arrangement for zoning. The north being in power (never believe that Yoruba ruled through Obasanjo, they didn't undecided)  had their way and even Obasanjo could not change it which is why he picked Yar adua after his 8 year tenure. So, when elements in the north argue that Obasanjo deliberately picked Yar adua in order to expeditiously return power to the south, they seem to have a case.

I really think that Jonathan's presidency presents us with a rare opportunity -when none of the major tribes are in power- to address things like zoning once and for all. Of course it must not stop at zoning, it must also address things like quota system and federal character. Cherry picking will not work this time. So I say Jonathan should take on ALL these issues head-on. Only after then can anyone talk of a sensible resolution.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2010
sjeezy8:

yes Southerners are PDP members when it befits them ODE

I want a NDeltan to be president so im PDP for now- in 2015 ohhhhh im AC - FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENTT!!!!!!

You don't seem to realize that the west will not smell power again for a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time in Nigeria. Keep dreaming. The politics of Nigeria is becoming interesting.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Jun 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

Frankly, this is one of those issues that define a people and their character. As the saying goes, "the true test of character is not what one does in convenient times, but rather what he/she does in times of difficulty."

It is far more convenient for Ndigbo to throw their weight (whatever it is worth) behind Jonathan next year, afterall, this is politics. But, even politics have conventions, which is part of why Ndigbo keep having problems in Nigeria.

It is easy to argue that Nigeria is an immoral nation where words don't mean much, but what right do we have to complain when we get bad leadership? Are immoral people entitled to honest leadership? Of course not!

Before now, I would have insisted that Jonathan contests, but please notice that I can only support him when he has reassured the injured parties -in this case the northerners- that he means well. The cost of treachery is steep!
Treachery destroyed the East -West (Igbo-Yoruba) political synergy for ever.

My position: I would only support Jonathan if he fairly convinces the PDP (not through arm twisting like he did with Ogbulafor) to drop the zoning convention for ever. In that case, we southerners must never complain in the future if a northerner corners power for a prolonged and inordinate tenure. He who goes to equity must go with clean hands.

Let us carefully consider this challenge.

Summary, I would only support him if he fairly convinces stakeholders in PDP to drop the PDP zoning convention.

I thank God that you are at least willing to see through all the GUNK to realize that he is where he is today because he chose to DINE WITH THE 'DEVILS' and the only honorable thing he can do is the right thing
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Beaf: 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2010
metal-gong:

So you are now a PDP member, right? Nigerians will never cease to amaze me. . . .  It is quite ironic that most southerners are now PDP members just because their brother ascended to the helm of Nigerian affairs , the same PDP they are calling the worst thing that ever happened Nigeria. This scenario playing out has also exposed the tribalistic tendencies of most Nigerians,especially how it has been turned into anti - north sentiment.

What is the rant (bolded) about? shocked Calm down and be rational.

As to the rest of your argument; what do you understand to be the Nigerian constitutions take on zoning?
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Beaf: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

I really would like to believe the bolded, but I think that Jonathan can help clarify things. That guy has achieved more for Nigeria within few months in office than the years of Yar adua (and even OBJ). So, it is very easy to support him. I remember very well during Obasanjo's failed constitutional conference when the debate about zoning was raging. The north insisted it must be on the basis of north and south, while the south east and south south canvassed for a geopolitical arrangement for zoning. The north being in power (never believe that Yoruba ruled through Obasanjo, they didn't undecided) had their way and even Obasanjo could not change it which is why he picked Yar adua after his 8 year tenure. So, when elements in the north argue that Obasanjo deliberately picked Yar adua in order to expeditiously return power to the south, they seem to have a case.

I really think that Jonathan's presidency presents us with a rare opportunity -when none of the major tribes are in power- to address things like zoning once and for all. Of course it must not stop at zoning, it must also address things like quota system and federal character. Cherry picking will not work this time. So I say Jonathan should take on ALL these issues head-on. Only after then can anyone talk of a sensible resolution.

I agree with you that Jonathan must begin to lay down pathways to tackle the big questions that haunt Nigeria. The problem is that his time is too short and we might end up asking too much. Nigeria as a whole needs a period of time to overcome the instability caused by the Yar Adua cabal.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IBB Calls For Creation Of State Police To Fight Terrorism / Jonathan Is Qualified For Second Term - PDP Auditor / Amaechi Dares Jonathan, Says He’s Part Of Obasanjo’s Informants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.