Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan (3385 Views)

2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi / We Thank Ndigbo Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by sjeezy8: 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

I really would like to believe the bolded, but I think that Jonathan can help clarify things. That guy has achieved more for Nigeria within few months in office than the years of Yar adua (and even OBJ). So, it is very easy to support him. I remember very well during Obasanjo's failed constitutional conference when the debate about zoning was raging. The north insisted it must be on the basis of north and south, while the south east and south south canvassed for a geopolitical arrangement for zoning. The north being in power (never believe that Yoruba ruled through Obasanjo, they didn't undecided)  had their way and even Obasanjo could not change it which is why he picked Yar adua after his 8 year tenure. So, when elements in the north argue that Obasanjo deliberately picked Yar adua in order to expeditiously return power to the south, they seem to have a case.

I really think that Jonathan's presidency presents us with a rare opportunity -when none of the major tribes are in power- to address things like zoning once and for all. Of course it must not stop at zoning, it must also address things like quota system and federal character. Cherry picking will not work this time. So I say Jonathan should take on ALL these issues head-on. Only after then can anyone talk of a sensible resolution.

Are you sound and well? Like really LOL - what in the last 4 months has Jonatahan actually achieved? NOTHING!

In fact hes not the best candidate for the presidency in the South. Everyone is just supporting him cause hes an Ijaw and im sure he can calm these militants down( who are mainly Ijaw). If anything better politicians are those Like Fashola,Donald Duke, Tinubu, Chime guy helll maybe even Dele momodu could be better than Jonathan.

Jonathan is mediocre guy  and an idiot- and is only there to keep Nigeria One. Who will really vote for Jonathan hes lucky hes the one in PDP, president,  and the one conducting elections, hes contesting in lol so he'll win anyway. So they basically Gave it to him cause this militant problem. and they dont want the SS to secede like they did for the SW.

Onlytruth:

You don't seem to realize that the west will not smell power again for a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time in Nigeria. Keep dreaming. The politics of Nigeria is becoming interesting.

lol who cares- you think after this fiasco and jonathan becoming president the north will stick to zoning HAHAHA funny Guy.

Lemmi tell you Fashola can win in Nigeria with a northern VP ANY DAY.  Ive heard soo many Northerners say they want him as president in the near future.

Jonathan for president FOR NOW !!!!!!!!!
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
sjeezy8:

Are you sound and well? Like really LOL - what in the last 4 months has Jonatahan actually achieved? NOTHING!

In fact hes not the best candidate for the presidency in the South. Everyone is just supporting him cause hes an Ijaw and im sure he can calm these militants down( who are mainly Ijaw). If anything better politicians are those Like Fashola,Donald Duke, Tinubu, helll maybe even Dele momodu could be better than Jonathan.

Jonathan is mediocre guy  and an idiot- and is only there to keep Nigeria One. Who will really vote for Jonathan hes lucky hes the one in PDP, president,  the one conducting elections, hes contesting in lol so he'll win anyway. So they basically Gave it to him.

lol who cares- you think after this fiasco and jonathan becoming president the north will stick to zoning HAHAHA funny Guy.

Lemmi tell you Fashola can win in Nigeria with a northern VP ANY DAY.  Ive heard soo many Northerners say they want him as president in the near future.

Jonathan for president FOR NOW !!!!!!!!!

Calm down ol boy. Yoruba no go rule naija again for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog time. grin
Never mind all these Fashola talks.
On the one hand you are calling Jonathan an idiot; on the other hand you want him to rule. Which should I believe? I believe you want a Yoruba guy there even next year. grin Selfish tribalist.
Make up your mind quickly, though your feelings are irrelevant. You have a long wait.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by metalgong5(m): 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

What is the rant (bolded) about? shocked Calm down and be rational.

As to the rest of your argument; what do you understand to be the Nigerian constitutions take on zoning?

You have not answered my question . . .  So you have suddenly become a PDP member.

For the upteenth time, we are talking about a political party's agreement which has nothing to do with Nigerian constitution. Jonathan should not pretend as if he doesn't know that such agreement exists.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by sjeezy8: 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

Calm down ol boy. Yoruba no go rule naija again for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog time. grin
Never mind all these Fashola talks.
On the one hand you are calling Jonathan an idiot; on the other hand you want him to rule. Which should I believe? I believe you want a Yoruba guy there even next year. grin Selfish tribalist.
Make up your mind quickly, though your feelings are irrelevant. You have a long wait.

yea Jonathan should rule - hes not the best candidate hes the safest One.

and lemmi say for the record it aint about fashola being a yoruba(as I dont care)- its about who already has supporters across the North.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Beaf: 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
metal-gong:

You have not answered my question . . .  So you have suddenly become a PDP member.

For the upteenth time, we are talking about a political party's agreement which has nothing to do with Nigerian constitution. Jonathan should not pretend as if he doesn't know that such agreement exists.

About the bolded, don't talk rubbish, ain't smart. Goodluck Jonathan is the President of Nigeria, not PDP.
The Nigerian constitution supercedes any party's agreement and it gives every qualified Nigerian the right to aspire for the Presidency; there's no zoning in it.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2010
sjeezy8:

yea Jonathan should rule - hes not the best candidate hes the safest One.

and lemmi say for the record it aint about fashola being a yoruba(as I dont care)- i[b]ts about who already has supporters across the North. [/b]

No southerner has more support in the north than northerners like Buhari, Babangida and Atiku. Also those northerners have more southern supporters than southerners have northern supporters. Stop kidding yourself.
The key to Nigeria's presidency remains block votes from populated areas. And we know the populated areas of Nigeria.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2010
metal-gong:

You have not answered my question . . . So you have suddenly become a PDP member.

BINGO!
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by sjeezy8: 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

No southerner has more support in the north than northerners like Buhari, Babangida and Atiku. Also those northerners have more southern supporters than southerners have northern supporters. Stop kidding yourself.
The key to Nigeria's presidency remains in block votes from populated areas. And we know the populated areas of Nigeria.

lol im actually laughing aks yourself how did MKO abiola win? Northerners obviously felt safe with him as he is a muslim (like fashola). He lost in the SE won in the SW won in the middle belt and won in the core north.

Not to mention he ran against a Kano hausa( Bashir Tofa) while Mko abiolas VP was Kanuri.

when it boils down to it a muslim southerner has a better chance at wining in Nigeria than a christain and thats just tribe aside.

Im out tho Jonathan for president!!!!!! hes not the best candidate but the Safest.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

I agree with you that Jonathan must begin to lay down pathways to tackle the big questions that haunt Nigeria. The problem is that his time is too short and we might end up asking too much. Nigeria as a whole needs a period of time to overcome the instability caused by the Yar Adua cabal.
what kind of excuse are you building up for him.four good months and there is nothing on ground.i thought you guys were calling yaradua ''baba go slow''.now a niger delta is in power and no tangible thing on ground.all he could do was to send a supplementary bill to the NASS when the main budget has not been implemented at all.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2010
sjeezy8:

lol im actually laughing aks yourself how did MKO abiola win? Northerners obviously felt safe with him as he is a muslim (like fashola). He lost in the SE won in the SW won in the middle belt and won in the core north.

Not to mention he ran against a Kano hausa( Bashir Tofa) while Mko abiolas VP was Kanuri.

when it boils down to it a muslim southerner has a better chance at wining in Nigeria than a christain and thats just tribe aside.

Im out tho Jonathan for president!!!!!! hes not the best candidate but the Safest.

Actually he is the best. cool Afterall, how do we know that a "Fashola" would be better than him? He is already beginning to demonstrate strong leadership through his appointments. The VP pick was straight from the textbook of advanced politics and his power sector maneuverings are admirable; at least he is not busy throwing money at the problem (and indirectly feeding his cronies) like OBJ. He is genuinely tackling the power problem.

If his INEC pick checks out, he scores another big one which OBJ failed to score. The guy is restoring all the confidence that OBJ and his gang of thieves destroyed. He answers "sir" to OBJ but cleverly makes his moves. I admire the guy.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Beaf: 10:52pm On Jun 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

what kind of excuse are you building up for him.four good months and there is nothing on ground.i thought you guys were calling yaradua ''baba go slow''.now a niger delta is in power and no tangible thing on ground.all he could do was to send a supplementary bill to the NASS when the main budget has not been implemented at all.

I am not building excuses. Do you expect 24 hour electricity and development in 4 months, even if Jonathan was to invoke every human part in jankara market? shocked
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

I am not building excuses. Do you expect 24 hour electricity and development in 4 months, even if Jonathan was to invoke every human part in jankara market? shocked
i dont need him to performance miracles.All i want is a president that will fulfil his budgetary promises.
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Some of the criticisms of Jonathan is unfair. I don't need the guy to deliver in four months; he has already made some moves. Igbo people say that "you know a chick that will develop into a male even in infancy".
When Jonathan set up the power committee made up of experts, I knew he was headed in the right direction. Also when he decided to fund science institutes like the Project Development Agency(PRODA), and the Science Equipment Development Institute (SEDI) both in Enugu, I felt a sense that this president knows what should be the priorities of a country like Nigeria. For many years, both institutes were ignored by successive Nigerian presidents, even after SEDI had developed an automobile engine from completely local design and technology.
This president knows where the nations wealth is, and is willing to invest and pay attention to it.

For once we have a real graduate in office!
Re: Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan by nnaemmy(m): 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hey Guys, there is no big deal. Make una support me, I can deliver come 2011, ha ha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Big Northern Gang-up Against Jonathan / Acn Rejects National Assembly Election Results In Kwara / Tapa Is Nupe As Nupe Is Tapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.