Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* (5788 Views)

Nokia 2.3 Unboxing And Impressions Video - Is It Worth It? / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Unboxing -- A Phone With 5,000mah Battery! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Norman4real(m): 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hi guys today i got a chance to have a quick look and feel of this new tecno phone. It is supposedly the successor to last year's L9+
First of all i don't understand why tecno is so inconsistent with it's product lines coz from what i see here, the "L" line too is dead, like the "H" and "Boom J" series.
I'm also wondering when was Pouvoir 1 was released since this is "2"

The phone looks good, with a full view screen that reduces bezel size.
Display is 6 inch HD+ screen with 2.5D curve
The body is plastic but with that metal-ish look.
5,000mah battery is amazing as always
It comes with android 8, as expected. Updates however are not something we've come to expect from Tecno.
The phone has an inbuilt antenna for it's FM radio meaning that you won't need earphones for the radio to work.
Storage and ram is the usual 16GB/2GB
One of the biggest improvements from previous battery centric phones is that this supports 4G LTE. Not sure of the bands.
Camera is 13mp but obviously not the best you'll find.
It has a single camera but has software effects that allow it to gimmick the portrait mode bockeh effect.

Here in Uganda it's at around 500k which translates to about 45k in Nigeria.

Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by henry007(m): 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2018
All the way from Uganda. cool
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Norman4real(m): 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2018
henry007:
All the way from Uganda. cool
yup. But i'm a big fan of nairaland. grin

8 Likes

Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2018
Nice one bro
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Vicboi1(m): 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2018
I want to buy this phone how would you advise me on it is it very good am not a camera person though
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Vicboi1(m): 11:56pm On Jun 05, 2018
Pls can you check if it supports band 28
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by correctBlogger(m): 12:38am On Jun 06, 2018
The body is plastic abi...May sense fall on Tecno and Infinix and also the person who gave them this advice... when the world is moving to glass bodies.. that is when them they are going back to using plastics... nobody should come and tell you can't compare the price to those with glass bodies.. am not asking them to put glass bodies on their midrange phones.. at least aluminium will do..
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Norman4real(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:
The body is plastic abi...May sense fall on Tecno and Infinix and also the person who gave them this advice... when the world is moving to glass bodies.. that is when them they are going back to using plastics... nobody should come and tell you can't compare the price to those with glass bodies.. am not asking them to put glass bodies on their midrange phones.. at least aluminium will do..
glass bodies are only practical for a phone with wireless charging otherwise they make your phone prone to fingerprint marks and it can easily break as well. i'd prefer a metallic body.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Norman4real(m): 7:29am On Jun 06, 2018
Vicboi1:
I want to buy this phone how would you advise me on it is it very good am not a camera person though
my only concern is with the RAM and ROM. 16GB fills up quite fast so if you don't over stock the phone with apps you should be good to go.
2GB ram is quite on the low end these days but also quite manageable if you only keep a few apps running at a time.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Vicboi1(m): 7:46am On Jun 06, 2018
Norman4real:
my only concern is with the RAM and ROM. 16GB fills up quite fast so if you don't over stock the phone with apps you should be good to go.
2GB ram is quite on the low end these days but also quite manageable if you only keep a few apps running at a time.
I have 32gig memory card to support it

1 Like

Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by CivilzedTyger(m): 11:05am On Jun 06, 2018
Nice reviews any light sensors and how fast and responsive is the fingerprint
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by sonofthunder: 11:19am On Jun 06, 2018
Norman4real:
Hi guys today i got a chance to have a quick look and feel of this new tecno phone. It is supposedly the successor to last year's L9+
First of all i don't understand why tecno is so inconsistent with it's product lines coz from what i see here, the "L" line too is dead, like the "H" and "Boom J" series.

It comes with android 8, as expected. Updates however are not something we've come to expect from Tecno.
The phone has an inbuilt antenna for it's FM radio meaning that you won't need earphones for the radio to work.
One of the biggest improvements from previous battery centric phones is that this supports 4G LTE. Not sure of the bands.
It has a single camera but has software effects that allow it to gimmick the portrait mode bockeh effect.

I love this simplistic opinion.. Cc: Seun, lalasticlala, ishilove.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by edewojames(m): 11:22am On Jun 06, 2018
Vicboi1:
Very cool smartphone. Especially if your battery is your issue. It has long battery life. In fact, soon I will write a review on it. I am working on HTC U12+ after which I will write on it.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by sonofthunder: 11:23am On Jun 06, 2018
Norman4real:

are you a Nigerian?
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Vicboi1(m): 1:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
edewojames:

Very cool smartphone. Especially if your battery is your issue. It has long battery life. In fact, soon I will write a review on it. I am working on HTC U12+ after which I will write on it.
I just bought the phone now i would send pictures
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by forghon: 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
500k dats 45k in shocked dat means my phone is worth 5million ugandan cool just saying
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by okooloyun1(m): 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
Vicboi1:

I just bought the phone now i would send pictures
pls how much did you buy it?
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
Norman4real:
yup. But i'm a big fan of nairaland. grin
Habari
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Norman4real(m): 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
sonofthunder:

are you a Nigerian?
nope. i'm ugandan
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Norman4real(m): 11:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
forghon:
500k dats 45k in shocked dat means my phone is worth 5million ugandan cool just saying
45k in naira equates to about 500k ug. It used to be 1:10 ratio but exchange rates changed to about 1:12
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Vicboi1(m): 12:28am On Jun 07, 2018
okooloyun1:
pls how much did you buy it?
45.500 in owerri
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by okooloyun1(m): 12:49am On Jun 07, 2018
Vicboi1:

45.500 in owerri
Thanks bro, I also want to buy it.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by MrImole: 1:31am On Oct 25, 2018
How does one change its font?
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2. My First Look And Impressions. *pics* by Yyvonne: 5:48am On Oct 25, 2018
Lovely.. The battery capacity so on point

(1) (Reply)

Zero Data TV In Nigeria On Your Phone, Laptop Or TV / Motorola Moto G: Best Budget Phone With Top notch Specifications / My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.