Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary (10549 Views)

Reps Probe Aregbesola Over Stolen ₦165 Billion Prison Funds / Sowore Reveals New Police Salary, Says No Policeman Should Earn Less Than N100k / President Buhari Increases Police Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by ijustdey: 6:00am On Jun 06, 2018
By Musa Abdullahi Krishi

The House of Representatives on Tuesday resolved to probe alleged deductions in the salary of some police officers running into billions of Naira.

The House, while adopting a motion by Jarigbe Agom Jarigbe (PDP, Cross River), said available records showed that there are massive deductions of up to 50 percent in the salary of policemen.

The practice, the House said, has been going on for some years now as policemen cannot say with exactitude their actual take-home pay monthly.

The House resolved that an ad-hoc committee would investigate the matter and report back within four weeks.

In his motion, Jarigbe said: "For so many years now, no officer could say with all certainty how much he earns every month as salary because their salaries are paid in piecemeal with massive deductions, which is as much as 50% of the actual salary."

He said for over three months now, some police officers have not received their salaries and that the only official explanation given by the police authorities was that the fault was from operators of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS).

"For instance, a state commissioner of police who allegedly received N40,000 as salary a few months ago was upon enquiry told by the Police authorities that he should refer to IPPIS office in the office of the Accountant General of the Federation," he said.

He added that men of the Nigerian Police are "demeaned, neglected and rejected because they have no union to enable them cry with one voice to agitate for a better condition of work."

"The condition of service is deplorable, unattractive and non-conducive to productive enterprise, as on several occasions, policemen lose their lives to vicious and daring criminals who descend on innocent citizens across the country."

He said if urgent steps were not taken to stop the indiscriminate and illegal deductions of police salaries, corruption in the Nigeria Police Force could not be completely eradicated.

https://dailytrust.com.ng/reps-probe-billion-naira-illegal-deductions-on-police-salary-255054.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:01am On Jun 06, 2018
What happened to Tafa Balogun will surely soon repeat itself again, but this time it will be in the Police Service Commission.

Corruption within corruption!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:07am On Jun 06, 2018
Ehen this is what we want to see shocked shocked shocked

House representatives alive to their responsibilities

Not all misunderstandings are bad after all

This rift between the executive and legislative is gradually yielding good fruits

This matter must not go with the winds as usual

#restoreconfidencetothepolice#

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by god2good: 6:16am On Jun 06, 2018
This is Nigeria, But some pple will still pray that it should continue because of their hatred to this Nigeria police

5 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by Switruth: 6:38am On Jun 06, 2018
Is the IGP's salary being deducted too? If not then there is problem somewhere. I have actually met few good policemen.

9 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 06, 2018
Senator Misau, you would soon be vindicated...

7 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by Elchappo: 7:05am On Jun 06, 2018
I hope this probe won't die a natural death because so much is happening with police salary..

Could u believe some officers don't know there actual salary since IPPIS took over.. every month dey get different pay lesser than what they earned last year..

A friend just borrowed some cash because he is yet to receive last month salary nd yet u want them to give their best nd avoid corrupt practices yet paid peanuts..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by IsaAbubakar: 7:24am On Jun 06, 2018
kpotum is a criminal

10 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by DaBullIT(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2018
When this Fvvckers probe Shyt , it's because they didn't get commission , i trust in EFCC Probe

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by littlewonders: 11:05am On Jun 06, 2018
When there is suppose to be war amongst our 'Thieficians' you see them exposing the 'yet-to-be-act' truth to weaken their opponent, after the threat they later go back to their reconciliation table and allow us wallow in silence.

Enough we want, we will, we will soon and bla bla. Act and stop announcing unproven intentions.

I used to sing before with small money now, all these rich kids have taken our profession to office with AC.

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by ideology(m): 11:05am On Jun 06, 2018
Lol,

This Buhari tenure a lot of looting and scamming is going on quietly

6 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by itiswellandwell: 11:05am On Jun 06, 2018
Hmmm. Falz was right afterall.

Very cheap and you might be interested www.nairaland.com/4543541/neat-samsung-s7-edge-4gb
Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:05am On Jun 06, 2018
embarassed
Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by Truckpusher(m): 11:08am On Jun 06, 2018
grin grin
Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by yomalex(m): 11:08am On Jun 06, 2018
aaah grin
Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by congorasta: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2018
k

he will be going to turkey this week, to meet top Islamic presidents...
the agenda are his second term plan which will usher in full islamization of Nigeria.

don't ask me how I know

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by MPESA(m): 11:10am On Jun 06, 2018
DaBullIT:
When this Fvvckers probe Shyt , it's because they didn't get commission , i trust in EFCC Probe

4 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by jerryadigun: 11:11am On Jun 06, 2018
I hope they don't compromise the probe themselves.

I commend them for this initiative anyway.
Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 06, 2018
lol, let the fight continue.............. something that has been happening since, na now their eyes open. I tell pple that the money that the IGP makes is greater than what the chief of army, navy and air staff will ever make, all Nigerian IGPs are fraud. Just check out the average Nigerian police payslip and you will understand what I am talking about..... Nice work by the reps, tho i hate the Nigerian police with passion but atleast for the sake of the good ones.

5 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by pol23: 11:12am On Jun 06, 2018
We know na IGP be una target.
You can't probe the IGP...because he's Buhari's loyalist.
I'm just ashamed our legislators never fought the police when the common man don dey suffer since.
Police has killed more than a thousand people illegally.
Nigerian youth are criminals in their own country and suffers so much everyday from SARS.
Now wey dem just blow small breeze to 3 of their members...Dem never slap una or beat you oo..ask the masses.mechanics,drivers,conductors,bar owners,Uber driver..just ask people wetin their eyes don see,how much dem don pay in naira and dollars,how much dem don beat dem...selfish bunch of assholes..they start the cat fight..
I'm with IGP on this...punish them illegally like we've all suffered from this ill train thieves call police.
What do you expect from a crooked police boss.
Anyway a dictator can't choose a democrat... e no possible.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by Omojolaray(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2018
Please stop wasting your time typing rubbish.... I understand thinking comes naturally but before you usher any words out... Please rethink before you even start to think.... We dey talk salary you dey talk mumu politics.. IG na your papa
pol23:
I'm just ashamed our legislators never fought the police when the common man don dey suffer since.
Nigerian youth are criminals in their own country and suffers so much everyday from SARS.
Now wey dem just blow small breeze to 3 of their members...Dem never slap una or beat you oo..ask the masses.mechanics,drivers,conductors,bar owners,Uber driver..just ask people wetin their eyes don see,how much dem don pay in naira and dollars,how much dem don beat dem...selfish bunch of assholes..they start the cat fight..
I'm with IGP on this...punish them illegally like we've all suffered from this ill train thieves call police.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by mega13(m): 11:41am On Jun 06, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
jerryadigun:
I hope they don't compromise the probe themselves.

I commend them for this initiative anyway.
I pray the authority take her search light deeply into IPPIS since the commencement of paying police salaries immediately police salaries started dropping almost on a monthly basis, imaging a situation where where such thing happening and expected diligence in the police when they have bills to pay.

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by iluvdonjazzy: 11:48am On Jun 06, 2018
that will be a welcome idea.
Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by Lufthansa: 11:49am On Jun 06, 2018
Na now una remember that! At the twilight of the current political tenure.
Re: Reps Probe Billion-naira Illegal Deductions On Police Salary by JhimmySpark(m): 11:49am On Jun 06, 2018
pol23:
Before commenting on a post, it's being advised that u read previous comments by people, this helps to have a better understanding of what is going on so you can make a useful impact with ur comment. Comments before your own made senses, some with just two lines, as bogus as what u typed is no single sense in it. It's always good when you think before you speak.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nasarawa APC Crisis Deepens As Governor Sule Dares Members To Decamp / ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church / Shia Muslim Group Rejects FG Move To Disobey Court Order On Zakzaky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.