Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,995 members, 7,952,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:39 AM

ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church (10653 Views)

Itsekiri Leaders Seek President Jonathan Resignation / Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation / Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Beaf: 4:36am On Apr 06, 2012
[size=14pt]Church: ‘call for resignation is satanic’[/size]
By Chris Oji, Enugu

The Primate of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Most Reverend Nicholas Okoh has described the call by the ACN for the impeachment of President Jonathan over the church building donated to his Otuoke community by an Italian construction firm, as” Satanic”.

He described the call as capable of causing religious bigotry in the country.

Okoh, who spoke with reporters in Enugu yesterday through the Southeast Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and Anglican Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Rt Rev Emmanuel Chukwuma, demanded an apology from the ACN and its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed for the call.

Okoh regretted that the ACN, instead of dissipating its energy on burning national issues in the country, decided to distract the attention of the president with a call for his impeachment.

The primate said there was nothing wrong for a contractor who is working in the President’s home town to build a church in the community, in fulfillment of its corporate social responsibility.

The head of the Anglican Church in Nigeria explained that the church was built before Jonathan became the president, explaining that the foreign firm only renovated it.

He called on the National Assembly do disregard the call for the impeachment of the president, insisting that the call was irrelevant and does not deserve the attention of the lawmakers.

Okoh assured the president that the Anglican Church was solidly behind him and advised him not to be distracted.

“The call for the impeachment of the president over the renovation of the church in his town is satanic and it is capable of causing religious bigotry which we don’t want. The ACN should apologise and retract the statement. We call on the National Assembly to disregard the call,” he stated.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/42211-church%3A-%E2%80%98call-for-resignation-is-satanic%E2%80%99.html
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Beaf: 4:38am On Apr 06, 2012
ACN's ridiculous push is an example of how foolishness and desperation can easily graduate into unpredictable crisis.
Rascals.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by PointB: 6:05am On Apr 06, 2012
Perhaps it has to be the "lai" (Lie) in his name. Or maybe it is the "Alhaji" appendage, or even more glaring - the "Mohammed"! Whichever one it is, I agree that the clown called Lair Mohammed in indeed satanic! It has to be!!

2 Likes

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by lagcity(m): 6:14am On Apr 06, 2012
which one concern ACN with church donation? PDP and Jonathan are ruining the country and ACN is talking about church donation.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by buzor(m): 7:42am On Apr 06, 2012
wen sanusi Donates millions to train bh members, they dont say a shi,it.
i dont blame acn cos they re confused set of moro.ns
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by texazzpete(m): 9:30am On Apr 06, 2012
Why is the Church delving into politics? Why is this Anglican loudmouth expressing 'support for the GEJ administration'?

The Church in Nigeria is a BIG dissapointment, from the CAN president to this fellow.

The issue at stake has to do with conflict of interest and the impartiality of a leader being potentially compromised. This 'satanic' talk is really foolish.

4 Likes

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Gbawe: 9:38am On Apr 06, 2012
texazzpete: Why is the Church delving into politics? Why is this Anglican loudmouth expressing 'support for the GEJ administration'?

The Church in Nigeria is a BIG dissapointment, from the CAN president to this fellow.

The issue at stake has to do with conflict of interest and the impartiality of a leader being potentially compromised. This 'satanic' talk is really foolish.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by peckhamboi: 9:59am On Apr 06, 2012
This is very shocking.

The leader of the Anglican church expressing support for the GEJ administration.

Please what's the difference between this man and Adamu Ciroma?
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 06, 2012
is the anglican church in otouke the only deplorable one in the country? bribe is not only monetary,the president clearly solicited for bribe or howelse can you explain a situation where the president went for his fathers burial and complained about the deplorable state of the church and the next moment gitto is on site? the church in my village is built with straws and sticks will julius berger now go there and fix it up?
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by strangerf: 10:10am On Apr 06, 2012
texazzpete: Why is the Church delving into politics? Why is this Anglican loudmouth expressing 'support for the GEJ administration'?

[b]The issue at stake has to do with conflict of interest [/b]and the impartiality of a leader being potentially compromised. This 'satanic' talk is really foolish.

In what sense? The issue at stake here is ACN's pettiness. Since they lost the election, every step of the way they have accused the govt of one misdeed after the other without EVER proving a single case. All they do is accuse and complain and whine and whine some more. It is getting tiring! Its becoming too personal and less ideological by the day.

The crux of the matter here is about a church and the last time I checked, not too long ago, any church issue is a religious issue and the Anglican "church" has every right to step in before it degenerates into something else. It is well within the purview of the Church in Nigeria to comment on ACN's ridiculous call for impeachment. To ACN, GEJ might as well be impeached for breathing the same air as the CEO of the construction company that built the Church. If there is any hanky-panky going on, the burden of proof is on ACN. GEJ has nothing to explain. As far as I can tell from the press release, no where in there did the Anglican church, directly or indirectly, express support for GEJ.

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by texazzpete(m): 10:30am On Apr 06, 2012
strangerf:

In what sense? The issue at stake here is ACN's pettiness. Since they lost the election, every step of the way they have accused the govt of one misdeed after the other without EVER proving a single case. All they do is accuse and complain and whine and whine some more. It is getting tiring! Its becoming too personal and less ideological by the day.

The crux of the matter here is about a church and the last time I checked, not too long ago, any church issue is a religious issue and the Anglican "church" has every right to step in before it degenerates into something else. It is well within the purview of the Church in Nigeria to comment on ACN's ridiculous call for impeachment. To ACN, GEJ might as well be impeached for breathing the same air as the CEO of the construction company that built the Church. If there is any hanky-panky going on, the burden of proof is on ACN. GEJ has nothing to explain. As far as I can tell from the press release, no where in there did the Anglican church, directly or indirectly, express support for GEJ.

ACN is an opposition party and that is what an opposition party should be doing. How is that 'petty' to you? If you were asleep when David Cameron was taking Gordon Brown to task over issues even more trivial than this, what have you been doing while Romney, Santorum and Limbaugh are excoriating Obama over any small perceived gaffe?

Someone has posted a link in the other topic where the Anglican church pastor commended GEJ in his sermon for the building. There are articles showing where GEJ 'expressed displeasure' to the company over the previous state of the church pre-renovation. Do you think ALL kickback has to be cash?

In my company, I will be queried if I stay in free hotel accommodation or any freebie provided by any client. I recognize the reasons for such rules. I have no qualms in holding up my President to such standards especially when the Nigerian constitution frowns on that too.

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by jmaine: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2012
The church involved in this shabby accusation of the ACN is the Anglican church and we expect the church leadership not to wade in . . .just because some silly eediot who calls himself the ACN publicity secretary decides to play his usual discordant tunes . .

The foolishness of ACN via her mouth piece is getting sillier by the day and this episode just amplified that . . .

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by strangerf: 11:16am On Apr 06, 2012
texazzpete:

ACN is an opposition party and that is what an opposition party should be doing.

Sure, they have the right to criticize. Sure, they have the right to finger-point. Yes, definitely they should talk when things are going south. However, ACN also has to be aware of how people perceive their endless attack on the president's person. The trick is figuring out how to balance their right to criticize constructively with advancing their political party. In advanced climes opposition party don't just point fingers, they come up with alternative plans. All ACN does is finger-point, with special obsession to GEJ's lifestyle, not his policies and ideas. That is petty. I know it, you know it and we all know it. ACN is bereft of ideas.

How is that 'petty' to you? If you were asleep when David Cameron was taking Gordon Brown to task over issues even more trivial than this, what have you been doing while Romney, Santorum and Limbaugh are excoriating Obama over any small perceived gaffe?

Although I agree that there are conflict of interest issues at stake, but I cannot shake the nagging feeling that had GEJ been a card carrying member of ACN, or if Fashola or Tinubu had been the person at the receiving end of this largess, this story might never have seen the light of day, and certainly would not have been pushed/criticized so harshly in the SW media. I admit that on the surface there is something not right, but there have been too many other cases in which ACN politicians have gotten away with much worse. Tinubu's recent birthday. Aregbesola steering construction contracts to his hometown. Alpha Beta. Infinity concept.

Someone has posted a link in the other topic where the Anglican church pastor commended GEJ in his sermon for the building. There are articles showing where GEJ 'expressed displeasure' to the company over the previous state of the church pre-renovation. Do you think ALL kickback has to be cash?

I don't deal with conjectures, you shouldn't too.

In my company, I will be queried if I stay in free hotel accommodation or any freebie provided by any client.

There is no evidence of pay for play here. The ministry of works and Asorock are too different entities. One awards contracts, the other is the executive branch of our govt. One deals directly with companies like the one in question here by awarding contracts through a fair and open process (including public bids or competitive contracting), the other presents budgets to the NASS. For all we know, GEJ probably doesn't even know who the CEO of the company is.

I recognize the reasons for such rules. I have no qualms in holding up my President to such standards especially when the Nigerian constitution frowns on that too.

Again, you are rushing to judgment. Private companies can do as they damn see fit. If there is any untoward acts going on in the background, it is ACN's job to prove it. If they cant, they should shut up and start preparing for their leader's 61st birthday. Next year isnt that far away.

2 Likes

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by edogirl2: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2012
Mr Okoh should show dignity and intelligence by keeping his mouth shut and away from politics. You live a multi millionaire lifestyle, surrounded by so much poverty, and make it your job telling opposition party who & when to criticise. You have no credibility, and I say that as an anglican. GEJ Sycophant, when are you going to get out of your mansion/palace, leave your motorcade behind, and walk to the poor, feed them, and bring them the good news. Ofcourse you won't do that.

As for the ACn, they lose credibility each time they make these silly impeachment calls.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by ortopazz(m): 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2012
the problem no matter how long we nag and bite will persit, if aCn is that much of an angel, seriously I should see their pace being very different and sharp witted, at a time I respected lair mohammd buh nw he his nufin buh an empty cow milking on nufin buh wide tity tits, just like a print media (global concord)here in my state (ak.ibm)rubbishes d gov, wiv silly reports and some nt even fit for kids to read, we aint praktising the desired pol, we hope to, one day.

Impeach? For crying out loud, do this men have children at all? Pls o pls, shat ur trapz, d clergy man mite tok out of disgust, due to him nt being able to keep it im, after al same my lord JESUS flockd hommies that messed hz papi'z hauz, so AcN go nile go drown, u guys shud profer solutions and quit being quick mouthed at problems only.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Dede1(m): 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2012
Most Nigerians are simply idiotic. Granted the Otuoke is GEJ’s home and Italian would not have donated a church to the community if not for GEJ but the church was not given to GEJ. The Italian firm could have donated the church to any community as Mosques have been built by Julius Berger in certain parts of Nigeria. People should quit implying and face the fact.

The Anglican Church or the Archbishop has every right to comment on this issue not because of GEJ but Otuoke community and the church the Italians built. Besides the Italian firm is a private company which can do as it deems fit

2 Likes

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Beaf: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2012

This comment is satanic. grin
The church can support whoever they decide to, it is their constitutional right.

ACN's move to embroil the church in their dirty politics is truly satanic. Afterall, the Anglican Communion owns the building that was renovated; therefore, as far as they are concerned, satan has spoken through ACN.

2 Likes

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by nduchucks: 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2012
The Primate of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Most Reverend Nicholas Okoh, is actually a fool and does not understand what is in the best interest of the Anglican Chucrh in Nigeria.

This Primate should have been smart enough to use his surrogates for these types of issues.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Beaf: 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2012
ndu_chucks: The Primate of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Most Reverend Nicholas Okoh, is actually a fool and does not understand what is in the best interest of the Anglican Chucrh in Nigeria.

This Primate should have been smart enough to use his surrogates for these types of issues.

Dude, your comment sounds just like something the ACN would release. Forcefully loud, but pathetically empty. cry

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by ektbear: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2012
Beaf:
The primate said there was nothing wrong for a contractor who is working in the President’s home town to build a church in the community, in fulfillment of its corporate social responsibility.
This "corporate social responsibility" sef....maybe we can have a contractor wipe the azzes of Otueke indigenes after they take a sh1t as part of its corporate social responsibility..

Okoh assured the president that the Anglican Church was solidly behind him and advised him not to be distracted.
Elaborate? What exactly does he mean by this?

“The call for the impeachment of the president over the renovation of the church in his town is satanic and it is capable of causing religious bigotry which we don’t want. The ACN should apologise and retract the statement. We call on the National Assembly to disregard the call,” he stated.
Religious bigotry Satanic?

The issue is corruption and cronyism, not religion.......
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by BabaEleko(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
[size=14pt]Pope na enjoyment, imam na gbaladun. . . . . . I'm sure that primate must have done mathematics on how much congregation the church fit occupy and how much tithe per head wey hin go dey rake in every week to have venge his anger out like that. Yeye man of God wey suppose shut up and let PDP and ACN dey bark denself. Na first class hell all of una dey go [/size]
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Lollysbride: 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2012
The Anglican Church or the Archbishop has every right to comment on this issue not because of GEJ but Otuoke community and the church the Italians built. Besides the Italian firm is a private company which can do as it deems fit[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by ektbear: 4:50pm On Apr 06, 2012
So I suppose no one is concerned about a contractor "donating" a church to GEJ's hometown.

Heh.

Absolutely no chance of corruption from that, eh? After all, the contractor won't be looking to recoup his expenses elsewhere? E.g., with a nice, fat and juicy contract from the FG?

And we wonder why corruption is so rampant in Nigeria...even the citizens bury their heads in the sand when hearing news of very questionable practices..
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by vinceobe: 4:56pm On Apr 06, 2012
ACN is shouting wolf where there is none. I agree with the Bishop of the Anglican Church. The call for impeachnment of GEJ over a church building renovated for a community is not only SATANIC, PUERILE,FOOLISH AND ALSO DEMAGOGUERY. It exposes "LIE MOH" and the ACN as unserious, tribalistic and religious bigots. Enough is enough of these distractions from ACN and their clonies. Allow GEJ to succeed. At the end of the day the breeze would blow and we will all see the yash of ACN as a disorganized one man party with no serious internal democracy and not capable of winning any serious national election because of their tribalistic and primodal dispositions.

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Beaf: 5:06pm On Apr 06, 2012
vinceobe: ACN is shouting wolf where there is none. I agree with the Bishop of the Anglican Church. The call for impeachnment of GEJ over a church building renovated for a community is not only SATANIC, PUERILE,FOOLISH AND ALSO DEMAGOGUERY. It exposes "LIE MOH" and the ACN as unserious, tribalistic and religious bigots. Enough is enough of these distractions from ACN and their clonies. Allow GEJ to succeed. At the end of the day the breeze would blow and we will all see the yash of ACN as a disorganized one man party with no serious internal democracy and not capable of winning any serious national election because of their tribalistic and primodal dispositions.

Brilliant!

The bolded has been repeated over and over to all that can hear, however ACN in their lack of wisdom have taken airheadedness to new lows by adding a religious dimension to their arsenal of low hanging fruits.
It is really saddening that a lack of internal democracy in the party has eroded all checks and balances that would have prevented such foolishness from ever being exposed publicly.

It is a sad day when a political party becomes an object of ridicule.

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by NMAAJOOGU: 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2012
@ndu-chuks

your generations yet unborn will suffer until you re-tract the venom you poured on the bishop. You come out to a public forum like nairaland and start talking bullshit about a bishop without any form of respect, or at least decorum.

Watch out from today, start observing the results of all your endeavours, and you will notice it will all be fruitless. Except you're wise enough to retract it now.

If your parents brougt you up in a proper way, you will at least entertain some little fear before insulting a bishop.

I wish you were within reach, so that i can see what your face looks like.

IDIOT.,

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by pistol: 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2012
These ACN peeps are goats.
The lai mohammed of a man is a stagnant lowlife thats why tinubu refused to give him any meaningful post.
During the rehabilitation of the central mosque in abj,coporate entities donated millions of naira and nobody made any noise about it.

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by ignis: 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2012
I think every individual or group in Nigeria has the right to freedom of expression. The Anglican community is only exercising their right just like any other group.

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by teezlycrest(m): 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2012
edo.girl:
Mr Okoh should show dignity and intelligence by keeping his mouth shut and away from politics. You live a multi millionaire lifestyle, surrounded by so much poverty, and make it your job telling opposition party who & when to criticise. You have no credibility, and I say that as an anglican. GEJ Sycophant, when are you going to get out of your mansion/palace, leave your motorcade behind, and walk to the poor, feed them, and bring them the good news. Ofcourse you won't do that.

As for the ACn, they lose credibility each time they make these silly impeachment calls.
. Am nt surprised at ur foolish political explanation. As an Edo pro_stitute your concern should be how to attend to your numerours male customers. Church has every right to have a say in politics. Their is a new Brotel in Benin town. Am recommending you for that job...
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Ifemyke: 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
I am very disappointed with Beaf and the rest in this country. I have no doubt that you are all youths. How can we have a brighter future
in this country if we continue to accept all these nonsense by our leaders. For God's sake President Jonathan is for everybody and not for
pdp or otuoke community.I find is hard to chew when people that are suppose to know better pretend and there by mortgage our future for
what they are gaining today. The church donation or renovation is stupid. Let the contractor go and complete his job at Niger bridge and
stop looking for unnecessary favors.And for those that raise their knife anytime President Jonathan is criticized, my advise is that
they should grow up. It is by constructive criticism that the govt in power will wake up.
CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT JONATHAN HAS ACHIEVED SO FAR? DONT TELL ME IT IS TOO EARLY. AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION , I EQUALLY VOTED FOR HIM.
ANY MOMENT FROM NOW THE DRUM FOR SECOND TERM WILL START.
LETS WISE UP GUYS. THIS COUNTRY BELONGS TO ALL OF US. WE CANNOT MOVE FORWARD BY EXTOLLING INEPTITUDE AND MEDIOCRITY.NO MATTER HOW WE DEFEND THE
PRESIDENT, HIS WORK WILL SPEAK FOR HIM. THE QUESTION REMAINS..... WHAT HAS HE DONE SINCE HE GOT TO OFFICE? ANSWERS PLS NOT ABUSES.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by abbey621(m): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2012
You guys can twist the story as much as you want but the truth remains that a president of a country solicited for gifts or donations from a foreign company(Bribery) and in return the foreign company would be given preferential treatment on certain issues. Corruption of the highest order, why is it that in this country, we only seem to shout corruption when it affects our pockets or the opposition, let's call a spade a spade, any form of bribery is corruption and when it happens at the top of our country's government then it is definitely an abomination. As Kantian theory believes, we must do what is morally or ethically acceptable no matter the consequences or the Utilitarian theory which states that an action is only acceptable if it does more good than harm, this gift does more harm than good, a church building today, cash looting tomorrow, what next? Maybe it does not warrant impeachment but the gift should definitely be returned.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Beaf: 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2012
Ifemyke: I am very disappointed with Beaf and the rest in this country. I have no doubt that you are all youths. How can we have a brighter future
in this country if we continue to accept all these nonsense by our leaders. For God's sake President Jonathan is for everybody and not for
pdp or otuoke community.I find is hard to chew when people that are suppose to know better pretend and there by mortgage our future for
what they are gaining today. The church donation or renovation is stupid. Let the contractor go and complete his job at Niger bridge and
stop looking for unnecessary favors.And for those that raise their knife anytime President Jonathan is criticized, my advise is that
they should grow up. It is by constructive criticism that the govt in power will wake up.
CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT JONATHAN HAS ACHIEVED SO FAR? DONT TELL ME IT IS TOO EARLY. AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION , I EQUALLY VOTED FOR ME.

You have not said what you are dissapointed about, sir.
Anyway, this is the picture of the renovated church. Look at it, tell me how ACN concluded it can sit 2,500 people (amongst other lies) and lets take it from there. Maybe you will understand why both the church and public are angry at ACN. Deal?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/675516[/img]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Repel Boko Haram Attacks In Damaturu / IG Orders Establishment Of Complaint Response Units Nationwide / Bakassi Has Never Been Part Of Nigeria – Robert Clarke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.