Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months (17723 Views)

FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months / Lady Features Her Dead Husband In Her Nude Maternity Photoshoot / Man Grabs Nude Wife's Boobs In Maternity Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by drololaaof: 8:52am On Jun 06, 2018
Send to NASS for proper legislation,the most important part of this is abolition of contract staffing it is the modern day slavery openly practiced kudos FGN
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by Kingstanding: 8:53am On Jun 06, 2018
NextGovernor:
If you like add Mestrual leave. 2019 is a sure year of going back home...
Just name someone that will replace PMB.Had it been GEJ with PHD runs the affairs of this country the way the Nigerians want who will ever think of PMB with is age to rule this country. Nigerians it is GEJ we will blame. Take a look at German Chancellor Angela Merkel she is there since all this years because she is a good leader with a great vision which GEJ lack. With one voice youths will take over but money will never let their voice be united.
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:54am On Jun 06, 2018
i need my paternity leave too. i need time to bond with my baby.
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by mimimile93: 8:55am On Jun 06, 2018
Women are more favoured in this dumb world.. Yet they still cry for equality..
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by pastorcyrus(m): 9:02am On Jun 06, 2018
teddynaijaboy:
The Federal Government of Nigeria has increased maternity leave from three to four months, the government also barred employers from sacking married women.

Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, made this known at the ongoing International Labour Conference (ILC), in Geneva, Switzerland, yesterday. He said;

“Employers of labour (in Nigeria) are, by regulation, requested to provide workplace crèches for nursing mothers for ease at work place. In the public service, government recently increased the period for maternity leave from 12 to 16 weeks; to allow enough recuperation for both baby and mother, especially in the area of breast feeding.

“In addition, all disciplinary proceedings against any female staff, which might have been taken during the period of her maternity leave shall be put in abeyance till the expiration of the leave.

“Employers of labour are also barred from removal of women from work due to their marital or maternity status, illegal labour migration, contract staffing and labour casualisation which affects most women, are being reformed through policies and regulations at national, bilateral and multilateral levels.”

“The ratification, domestication and implementation of the Maternity Protection Convention No. 186 are conscious efforts to ensure that more women enjoy maternity protection in the country…”

The Minister also said that a lot needed to “be done in terms of putting in place appropriate legislation, policies and practices to deal with the gender gaps that inhibit greater participation of women in the labour force.”

He added that the most effective method of eliminating gender inequality from the workplace lies in vigorous opposition to employers’ discriminatory conducts, policies and harassment in all forms wherever and whenever they occur.

To address gender inequality and youth unemployment in Nigeria, Ngige told delegates that the federal government drew up and has been implementing an Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP).

Source: https://lailasnews.com/fgn-increases-maternity-leave-to-4-months/

Men are always on the receiving end,why don't they give atleast one month paternity leave to show us some love
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by thundafire: 9:02am On Jun 06, 2018
MrBigiman:
Female workers are taking advantage of this. Imagine a staff pregnant every year, to the past 3 years and asking for full salary during the absence.
shut up u have nothing to say
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by enemyofprogress: 9:04am On Jun 06, 2018
Labake1 it's time you go on maternity leave. Please report at ze oza room
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:04am On Jun 06, 2018
missrock:

lol some women are even complaining that three much is too much for them because where they work is where they get money
These are civil servants.

I get your point now.
You are absolutely right.
Maybe some women will want to carry their baby back to work after 2 months sha!
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by MrBigiman: 9:08am On Jun 06, 2018
thundafire:
shut up u have nothing to say

Shut up! everyone has the right to express his opinion. U don't have a business or workers, so u can't relate. Get a job first.
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by nwakibie3(m): 9:13am On Jun 06, 2018
Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, made this known at the ongoing International Labour Conference (ILC), in Geneva, Switzerland, yesterday.

I don't get this

why is that these ppl like to communicate to us whenever they are outside the country
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by babayinka77(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2018
teddynaijaboy:
The Federal Government of Nigeria has increased maternity leave from three to four months, the government also barred employers from sacking married women.

Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, made this known at the ongoing International Labour Conference (ILC), in Geneva, Switzerland, yesterday. He said;

“Employers of labour (in Nigeria) are, by regulation, requested to provide workplace crèches for nursing mothers for ease at work place. In the public service, government recently increased the period for maternity leave from 12 to 16 weeks; to allow enough recuperation for both baby and mother, especially in the area of breast feeding.

“In addition, all disciplinary proceedings against any female staff, which might have been taken during the period of her maternity leave shall be put in abeyance till the expiration of the leave.

“Employers of labour are also barred from removal of women from work due to their marital or maternity status, illegal labour migration, contract staffing and labour casualisation which affects most women, are being reformed through policies and regulations at national, bilateral and multilateral levels.”

“The ratification, domestication and implementation of the Maternity Protection Convention No. 186 are conscious efforts to ensure that more women enjoy maternity protection in the country…”

The Minister also said that a lot needed to “be done in terms of putting in place appropriate legislation, policies and practices to deal with the gender gaps that inhibit greater participation of women in the labour force.”

He added that the most effective method of eliminating gender inequality from the workplace lies in vigorous opposition to employers’ discriminatory conducts, policies and harassment in all forms wherever and whenever they occur.

To address gender inequality and youth unemployment in Nigeria, Ngige told delegates that the federal government drew up and has been implementing an Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP).

Source: https://lailasnews.com/fgn-increases-maternity-leave-to-4-months/

Nice one...you can also read this good news
http://punchng.com/fg-fulfils-housing-promise-to-bonfrere-jo-22-years-after
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by smartehis08: 9:22am On Jun 06, 2018
NICE ONE FROM THIS GOV
nwakibie3:
Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, made this known at the ongoing International Labour Conference (ILC), in Geneva, Switzerland, yesterday.

I don't get this

why is that these ppl like to communicate to us whenever they are outside the country
NICE ONE FROM THIS GOV
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by hush15: 9:23am On Jun 06, 2018
post=68222615:
OH YEAH!
God will continue to bless this man all the days of his life.

Our wives, sisters, mothers and SANE women in the country generally; CONGRATULATIONS!

Enjoy your MATERNITY LEAVE more and more.
We will get there.

I LOVE MY PRESIDENT.

mind you, not everybody will work with federal government o
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by Dollabiz: 9:24am On Jun 06, 2018
hmm
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by oruma19: 9:25am On Jun 06, 2018
NGIGE IS A FOOL. NA DIS KAIN MATA HE GO DE SMART. OUR PAYOFF THAT WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR SINCE OVER 2 YEARS HE COULD NOT RESOLVE THE ISSUE WHEN BROUGHT BEFORE HIM. OUR EMPLOYER TOOK ALL OUR MONEY AND BOUGHT AN OIL SERVICING FIRM IN THE U.S, COULD NOT PAY US SALARY AGAIN AND DIDN'T REMIT PENSION, NHIS AND INCOME TAXES TO THE GOVERNMENT DESPITE DEDUCTING FROM OUR SALARIES FOR OVER 4 YEARS. ALL THESE CASES WERE BROUGHT BY PENGASSAN BEFORE THIS USELESS NGIGE, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL CULTISTS (I AM SURE HE IS IN THESAME CULT WITH OUR BOSS), NGIGE HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO CALL HIM TO ORDER. WE WERE LAID OFF AND HE PROMISED TO PAY BACKLOG OF SALARY AND REMIT PENSION ETC + OUR GRATUITY, UP TILL TODAY NO KOBO. THANK GOD I HAVE A FAR BETTER INTERNATIONAL JOB NOW AND I AM WRITING FROM WORK RIGHT NOW(OUTSIDE NAIJA), BUT NOT ALL OF US HAVE JOBS, MANY ARE SERIOUSLY SUFFERING DESPITE HAVING MILLIONS IN ONE IDIOT AND USELESS SATANIC FORMER BOSS'S HAND. NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE LEADERS WHO CARE FOR THE PEOPLE. THEY ARE JUST USING NIGERIANS TO ACQUIRE MORE WEALTH FOR THEMSELVES, WE DON'T HAVE A GOVERNMENT. IN SANER CLIMES, THE MAN SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR DEFAULTING TAX AND FAILING TO REMIT DEDUCTED PENSION OF WORKERS ALONE, BUT NOT IN NIGERIA. SHAME, IT SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH THE OFFSPRING OF WICKED POLITICIANS..
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by Voiz234(m): 9:33am On Jun 06, 2018
This is not a new development, It has bn implemented since 2016. I guess Mr. Ngige is only giving a recap on changes made in dt aspect
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by Loanguyng: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2018
Check my signature... if you need me call me
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by kingPhidel(m): 10:04am On Jun 06, 2018
RealAdewole:
We dey look

The fear of 2019 is the beginning of wisdom

Police recruitment
Prison service recruitment
Fire service recruitment
FRSC
Not too young to run
Now Maternity leave
Scrapping of grazing law inclusive.

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by kingPhidel(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2018
post=68222625:

.....in your wildest dream child of hate!

Good news taste like Alomo bitters to them always.
Smh!
apc stalwart spotted guys.... Take they are everywhere
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by Victorblaze14(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2018
NextGovernor:
If you like add Mestrual leave. 2019 is a sure year of going back home...
he's not begging for our vote,he going to retain power by massive rigging,so brace up for another 4years of buhari rule
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by MyChoice1: 10:51am On Jun 06, 2018
Voiz234:
This is not a new development, It has bn implemented since 2016. I guess Mr. Ngige is only giving a recap on changes made in dt aspect

I surprise oo because I have enjoyed it twice since 2013.
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by carinmom(f): 10:51am On Jun 06, 2018
okomile:
Whatever.
Come and see women in govt offices, the moment they get pregnant, no more working. They will come and sit down. Send messengers food and Tom tom grin
I am an example years ago grin grin

My sis, I can definitely relate to this cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by Maket: 11:34am On Jun 06, 2018
I will become a woman.
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by Bluffly: 11:52am On Jun 06, 2018
MrBigiman:
Female workers are taking advantage of this. Imagine a staff pregnant every year, to the past 3 years and asking for full salary during the absence.

Most private coys have a rule of 2 - 3 years gap before another pregnancy.
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by gogodaye(m): 11:54am On Jun 06, 2018
Haba..... Maternity leave has always been 4 solid months now.....
It is enshrined in the Public Service Rules and extant circulars....
And all these precede May 29 ,2015.....
The new 4 month maternity leave protocol became effective on or bout 2013....
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by OmoEpe(m): 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
[quote author=Ellabae post=68222906] cheesy Leave to do what exactly?[/quote

Bond with your new baby and his/her mother of course
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
Any news on Paternity leave?
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by raphaeladeyele: 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
Igbe aye alafia ni yen
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
Who has ngige's contact? I need to see him.
Re: FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months by labake1(f): 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Labake1 it's time you go on maternity leave. Please report at ze oza room

grin grin Not now abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Live With Your Mother-in-law? / "I Waited For 20 Years And I'm A Proud Mum Now. Had 6 Unsuccessful IVFS" - Woman / Woman Seeking To Separate Fighters Set Son, Seven-year-old Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.