Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,639 members, 7,854,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

Tithing To Modern Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing To Modern Church (338 Views)

Bishop Nathanyel Speaks On The Modern Church, Slavery & Babylon The Great / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tithing To Modern Church by enohoefe(m): 10:11am On Jun 06, 2018
=======================
Hi everyone! I seldom write a long quote on my wall except for some outstanding cases like my earlier write-up on the St. Louis Sugar years back lol.

Anyways, I am writing today on Tithing/Giving as regards the church. I will try to be as brief as possible. Yes! There was a very “beautiful” observation on this by Daddy Freeze and it caused a lot of confusion, especially amongst Church leaders and Self acclaimed MOGs. Funny enough how not even one could provide (well my opinion) a substantial reason why the giving habit must continue.

Why? My answer is Simple- Church leaders and MOGs spend so much time, year in year out, back to back teaching on the importance of paying the 10% while forgetting to teach the people what to do with the remaining 90%. Considering the current state of the economy you can agree with me almost everyone will say they don’t have enough to cater for their bills and well being, rise in commodities etc, overtime the need to give the 10% becomes almost a no-need for them.

If Pastors and Church leaders can spend as much time to teach the people how to maximize the 90% meant for them with little or no strong emphasis on the 10% I can guarantee there will be an increase in the giving habit as they will become productive. Some few questions, Is Tithe biblical? Yes it is. Does it still work for the new age church? Yes absolutely. Are we still under the Law? Jesus didn’t come to abolish the law, he came to fulfill it (Mt. 5:17-18).Why didn’t Jesus place emphasis on tithing? There was no way the ministry of Jesus would have been progressive without finance.

The people gave to support his work and that of the apostles, and it was the same standard giving as Tithing, Offerings and Alms giving, if there was anything otherwise, it would have been stated. Jesus didn’t lay too much strong emphasis like our church leaders do these days thereby making the concept of tithing boring and uninteresting, instead his teachings taught the people how to invest their 90%.

Carefully follow the teachings of Jesus you will realize it covers spending habits, insurance, Savings, Future planning, Investments and so on. The people where prosperous from these teachings and they didn’t have any reason not to give to support the good works. The more emphasis on tithe and giving without a very sound cultivation of the people’s character and mind towards their own financial lives will always end in crisis. Church Leaders and MOGs please begin to invest in your sheep, attend finance seminars and workshops, Faith goes along with Works, get involved with their spending habits and financial decisions, show interest in knowing about their future plans and investments, make them feel loved and watch how the giving increases .

Finally, as we do these things, nothing is above total Trust in God’s ability, the church belongs to him, he will finance it, don’t try to use your intellect or gimmicks to do what God can do for himself. Whew!!! The second part which is Transparency will be posted by next week. I really hope this blesses a life and encourages more in our pursuit to improve in our giving.

========================

1 Like

Re: Tithing To Modern Church by enohoefe(m): 12:53am On Jun 11, 2018
Lalasticala. Please this needs to make front page to educate the people more on understanding tithing. Thank you
Re: Tithing To Modern Church by OkaiCorne(m): 4:31am On Jun 11, 2018
The same Jesus that told a rich young man to sell all his properties and give the proceeds to the poor? Or another Jesus

(1) (Reply)

Happy Eid Mubarak To All Muslim Brethren Across The Globe / Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs / Daddy Freeze Talks Down On #hallelujahchallenge,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.