Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,273 members, 7,957,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:16 PM

Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? (37194 Views)

Poor Managerial & Maintenance Culture; The Sad Case Of Nigeria Airways & Okada A / Ghastly Auto Crash Close To Obalende, Lagos / The Current State Of The Obalende Bus Terminal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by KrystosCJ(m): 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
Lack of positive maintenance culture is the bane of our infrastructural development.
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
lenny12:
u Get Small Sense..Kudos To Yah
Whats that supposed to mean You've never met sensible females in ya life?
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by hush15: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Nigerians are wonderful set of people, our personality and strength come from our environment, culture and we turn what they tagged as impossible into reality. We are too energetic to be lazy or sit doing nothing.

As wonderful as we are, we seem to have a lackadaisical attitude towards things that will be beneficial to us even as a citizen of this great country. An example of this eyesore can be seen at Obalende BRT. This park was constructed barely 3 years ago when Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode came into power, this is one of the newly commissioned BRT parks then, but 3 years down the line, the park has become a shadow of itself.

The rails are already disjointed, the signboards have gone on vacation, we notice also that the buses have become kind of an eyesore, one of such buses is pictured below and it has gone so bad.

Talking about the ticketers, that's another story for another day, it is s bad.

We leave you to see things for yourself...

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/06/obalende-brt-park-bad-maintenance.html

[img]https://1.bp..com/-XqP82OIF4TM/WxeoJ-cjscI/AAAAAAAASZ0/-ILFe2Akk14dCMU6Uq2sDN7HDO1mbD-OwCEwYBhgL/s1600/Obalende_Park_013_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-voNBVJA_yGo/WxenYUPB1_I/AAAAAAAASYo/SfLczVvTqeMK5bWIXbllDoeyktiuIdtlQCLcBGAs/s1600/Obalende_Park_001_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-4z9OZ90wRFI/WxenjEQPtLI/AAAAAAAASYs/E2XKe1S5F3UFbBLLxo3ZKdMFNdSaDQEAQCLcBGAs/s1600/Obalende_Park_004_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-IEpQfTyaIsk/WxenjRWNSfI/AAAAAAAASY0/zQUPSsJG9CQbwRGnqgOQ434KVNzIusfvwCLcBGAs/s1600/Obalende_Park_006_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-TjX-oIIFZyY/Wxenr9eupwI/AAAAAAAASZA/rXoFU2oeZPoMn0F1TdG1OjK4xEILZtt9ACLcBGAs/s1600/Obalende_Park_008_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]
both....
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by Maldek666: 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
It is a Nigerian problem oh.

The Nigerians are so lazy when it comes to maintenance.

I have hired and fired over 20 cleaners this year alone. It is either they steal or they do not even want to clean, those who clean dont do it well, the rest are just after the money, not ready to work.

Nigerians have problems with maintenance except me.
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
Shinor:

Night or even during the day? You think people bent on destroying will wait till night fall? Some dudes are heartless O. Even Apostle Paul of Bible days called them wicked and unreasonable men.
Tor
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by placeofallure(f): 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
It is disheartening that this is what is obtainable in our society. I don't use the park often but I pass through everyday. The problem is not with Ambode or Buhari. It's with me, it's with you. It is with every family that is raising citizens of the nation. What values do you extol? What vices do you despise?

The other day a neighbour's 5-year-old came to my apartment and after suckling the orange, threw the husk on the floor, I was shocked! On rebuking her, I was more appalled by her response. "My Mummy said I could throw in on the floor, they'll sweep it away later" Jaw dropped! In a bus or car or any public place with no litter bin, I can't even throw my biscuit or gala wrapper out through the window. I'll rather keep it in my bag then go dispose of it when I get home. Now what kind of adult will this child make?

We should all live up to our responsibilities and stop blaming the government for our every woes as a people. God loves Nigeria so much otherwise.... I always wonder if it is Israel God loves really or Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by UncleJudax(m): 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
OneCorner:
I despise those dat use posters to deface everywhere. It’s a dirty habit.
But we Nigerians worry most about our stomachs and nothing else
What a "life"
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by bellville: 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
We lack maintenance culture. The red bus drivers are for the most part reckless. They just do not care. Some Nigerians are also destructive. A part of the newly installed wire mesh at car wash bus stop Oworonsoki (inward Ogudu) was vandalised overnight by commuters when the bus stop was moved further away to ease traffic congestion.

We need to change our attitude and we can start by teaching young school children.

Shop for books online. If there's any book you've been longing to have but can't find, we can help you source for it. Check my siggy.
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by ehissi(m): 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The problem is generally Nigerians ..i can assure you those hired to maintain the place are not doing their duties ...as along as Nigerian works just to survive instead of working to get a problem solved na so thing go dey

The state had an agreement with the contractors to maintain the vehicles, a certain premium was to be paid monthly as insurance par say- #1500/bus. This was to guarantee scheduled maintenance of all buses in the event of eventualities.

Both the person who made the arrangement, the arrangement and the monies to be remitted monthly have been swept away, thanks to greed and nepotism......

#ThisIsNigeria.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by Dareal90s(m): 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
lenny12:
afonja Dog+afonja Goat=afonja Demon.
Flatron pig grin
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by Baroba(m): 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The problem is generally Nigerians ..i can assure you those hired to maintain the place are not doing their duties ...as along as Nigerian works just to survive instead of working to get a problem solved na so thing go dey

Truth be told, we are a reflection of our leaders..

3 Likes

Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by 4kDdullard: 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
We are generally dirty in this country and this is not contestable.
A bird eye view of our cities is an evidence, it's a pitiable situation.
Driving through some of the neighbourhoods in this country makes me feel depressed I swear.
We can't maintain and take care of our environment yet we blame the government for everything.
Believe it or not Nigeria is cursed and can never be better.
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by musicwriter(m): 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Nigerians are wonderful set of people, our personality and strength come from our environment, culture and we turn what they tagged as impossible into reality. We are too energetic to be lazy or sit doing nothing.

As wonderful as we are, we seem to have a lackadaisical attitude towards things that will be beneficial to us even as a citizen of this great country. An example of this eyesore can be seen at Obalende BRT. This park was constructed barely 3 years ago when Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode came into power, this is one of the newly commissioned BRT parks then, but 3 years down the line, the park has become a shadow of itself.

The rails are already disjointed, the signboards have gone on vacation, we notice also that the buses have become kind of an eyesore, one of such buses is pictured below and it has gone so bad.

Talking about the ticketers, that's another story for another day, it is s bad.

We leave you to see things for yourself...

Only the type of education created by ourselves, running on our language and spirituality, would create the type of society that would understand why they have to care for such facility. Another way to do it would be to get everybody educated up to the point they'll behave like the most educated person you know in Africa, then we would be able to care for it like white people would do. But with this alternative, we would no longer be African, though we would remain black.
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by lenny12(m): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Whats that supposed to mean You've never met sensible females in ya life?
whoa Whoa Whoa...Chill Lady,don't Take Too Personal.Nah Joke I Dey Joke.I'm Sorry
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by lenny12(m): 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dareal90s:

Flatron pig grin
see This One Ooo.E Don Pain Ham,oya Go Nack Your Head For Wall.Animal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
lenny12:
whoa Whoa Whoa...Chill Lady,don't Take Too Personal.Nah Joke I Dey Joke.I'm Sorry
Oh u didn't spot the joke in my comment too
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by Dareal90s(m): 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
lenny12:
see This One Ooo.E Don Pain Ham,oya Go Nack Your Head For Wall.Animal
piglet grin am I d one DAT named u pig? Put ur anger on ur lost Nnamdi
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by ziga: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
Also, Nigerians can be destructive. No sense of responsibility. Act like they have no part in keeping the place nice.
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by kosoko00: 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
SalamRushdie:

It's just a work ethic mentality that is killing not just Nigeria but the entire African continent

1 Like

Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by kosoko00: 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
Donald3d:
We like new things, but maintaining is always a problem. Some people can't even maintain their homes.
And everybody is always like "na me get am ?,I no fit kill myself" ,"na only me dey use am ?,why I go dey maintain wetin other people dey use "
Our thought process in thus country is messed up.We need to change how we think and fix Nigeria together. There is strength in our unity.

God bless us all .Please check my signature.

....and when most these ignorant people go overseas and come back dem go "chai! Oyinbo man country fine oh," but they ask why is our country different from oyinbo man country. Shame on black Africans after colonialism they've totally lost their way of a sane societal organization
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by Olaiya26: 4:26am On Jun 07, 2018
This park was constructed barely 3 years ago when Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode came into power, this is one of the newly commissioned BRT parks then, but 3 years down the line, the park has become a shadow of itself.

Ambode didn't construct this park, Fashola did. Stop telling us lies here�
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by somehow: 10:53am On Jun 07, 2018
Meaning you're cursed and a failed person since you're Nigeria.

Nigeria is not the country just because it's habitable, Nigeria is the people in it.

franchasng:
Nigeria is a failed country cry

We can't maintain our national stadium
We can't maintain our presidential jets!
We can't maintain our presidential villa clinic!
We can't maintain our universities!
We can't maintain our Police vehicles!
We can't maintain our national hospitals!
We can't maintain our national airline!
We can't maintain ordinary motor parks!
We can't maintain our railway tracks!
We can't elect credible president!
We cant elect credible governors!
We can't elect credible senators!
We can't even govern ourself to become a successful nation cry

Who said Nigeria is blessed Joke aside, Nigeria is under curse and we must admit our failure to begin to seek for solutions!
Re: Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? by franchasng: 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
somehow:
Meaning you're cursed and a failed person since you're Nigeria.

Nigeria is not the country just because it's habitable, Nigeria is the people in it.

Nigeria as a geographical region is cursed! If u are very honest to yourself without pretence, if u look around u, u will realize that Nigeria is under a curse!

Nigerians work so hard to earn peanut whereas over 70% - 80% of Nigerians youths are able, ready and willing to work but no work or anything doing for them.

Don't be a pretender, call a spade a spade...so we can begin to seek for sincere solution; Nigeria is under a curse!

No nation is as disorganised and uninhabitable and dangerous as Nigeria; except those nations fighting civil war in the Middle East like Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, Libya and the likes.

We need a total divine restoration or no hope.

If it were possible, White people ought to come back and re-colonize again for like 100yrs more for us to be tutored and prepared to govern ourselves properly.

If u like pretend and argue as if u don't know the truth, but deep down your heart u know the truth.

Forget about few individuals living fine out of other peoples sweat, crime income, political money, money gotten by cheating others and doing illegal things, majority of Nigerians are in pains, suffering without hope of a better future.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corpers Coming From CDS Involved In Accident (Photos, Video) / Lagos Boat Capsize: Pregnant Woman Dies, 16 Missing In (photos) / A Commercial Bus Summersaults In Lone Accident In Ikeja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.