Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Starting A Web Design Company In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Starting A Web Design Company In Nigeria (983 Views)

How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria / Checklist For Starting A Successful Blog From Scratch / Best Web Hosting Company In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Web Design Company In Nigeria by equilibria: 2:47am On Mar 21, 2007
How do you go about securing clients? Do you go knocking from door to door? Advertise in newspapers?

What prices do you guys charge for high end flash sites?
Re: Starting A Web Design Company In Nigeria by naomijt(f): 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2007
Its really up to you to choose how to go about it. Newspaper adverts will probably give you the widest coverage, i think. However, if you can do the leg work, knocking from door to door may yield some fruits.
Re: Starting A Web Design Company In Nigeria by gbolio4(m): 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2007
Hullo there,

First off, from experience, you gotta be real good, and might i add, be really creative and innovative.
Get demos of your work online, demonstrate your unique points and solutions, and you might just take off from there,

As per marketing by newspaper adverts and knocking door to door, well, they're both solid suggestions, and both will do just fine by me .
But, like i said earlier, U gotta be real good, and offer value. The competition is tougher than you might imagine!!
Re: Starting A Web Design Company In Nigeria by my2cents(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2007
to add a little to what gbulio just said:

competition is especially tough in light of the fact that many of us sell ourselves short by charging N40,000 or less for work that should be much more, all in the name of making a quick buck. They forget though, that they will hv to work 2bl hard to get to where the person who charges N100K or more is.

'hope this helps.
Re: Starting A Web Design Company In Nigeria by yinka007(m): 11:21pm On Mar 02, 2011
see spiralteck.com
http://www.spiralteck.com
Re: Starting A Web Design Company In Nigeria by yemo90(m): 7:27am On Mar 03, 2011
I recommend you go online and buy yourself a good business start-up kit, it'll contain everything you need & save you a lot of frustration when seeking out clientele.

I always prepare a DEMO for clients to wet their appetites and justify my price tag. This site will have full features such as rotators, feedback, company name + logo, etc but limited information and of course it'll be hosted on my domain. (ex. http://www.ascentstudiong.com/companyname/)
This should help you stand out in the 40k website crowd.

(1) (Reply)

Oscommerce Site Map Help / Get An Approved Google Adsense Account Within 24 Hours / A Must Read Please You Must Save Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.