Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) (40999 Views)

Remembering Sam Okwaraji: 31 Years After His Death / Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) / In Remembrance Of Sam Okwaraji: 5 Facts About Nigeria’s Football Martyr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by PrettyCrystal: 11:35am On Jun 06, 2018
The mother of Nigerian football legend, late Sam Okwaraji, has revealed her unhappiness with the federal government after alleging that all her son sacrificed for the country - has been forgotten as she accused the authorities of abandoning the late hero's family. According to Emmanuel Okwuluora Okoh who paid a visit to the home of the late hero, Okwaraji's mother who is said to be sick - was emotional while appreciating them for their generosity.

Sam Okwaraji who died while on international duty for the country on August 12, 1989. Okwaraji slumped and died while playing for the Super Eagles against Angola at the National Stadium, Lagos in FIfa World Cup qualifier that ended 1-0 in favour of Nigeria.

Emmanuel took to Facebook to share details of the visit as he wrote;

I led a team to Sam Okwaraji's home~ His mother cried while appreciating us~ We lost a HERO and forgot him(Nigerian government forgot all my son sacrificed she said)~ I am pushing for his sick mother to be looked after and for Sam to be immortalised. Sam Okwaraji is the most patriotic Nigerian recorded~ May 19th 1964 to August 12th 1989~ The Lawyer~Footballer died playing for Nigeria against Angola.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/sam-okwarajis-mom-laments-accuses-fg-of-abandoning-family.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 06, 2018
The government haven't shown concern for the living talk less of the dead. Mama no vex should have cried out much much earlier.

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by NORSIYK(m): 11:41am On Jun 06, 2018
Its a pity

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by madridguy(m): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2018
I hope PMB can compensate this woman.

RIP Sam Okwaraji

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by GavelSlam: 11:49am On Jun 06, 2018
Buhari's government is a listening government.

I'm very sure something would be done about this shortly.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by pyyxxaro: 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
Am just here to read comments sad

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by profnigga(m): 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
nigeria dnt like celebrating heroes... instead dey embak on unnecessary Project
rip Big sam

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by Evablizin(f): 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
GavelSlam:

This your comment,will even make sai barbar to forget that his name is Buharia,listening government ko,deaf and dumb government nii.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by ruggedmallaam(m): 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
I know buhari,he will do something about it immediately

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by 400billionman: 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
coolMama Sam Okwaraji should open Twitter account and drop her account number I sure say within one week Nigerian Twitter community will bless her above One million

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by puyol005(m): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
We shouldn't always depend on Govt, how about his other siblings are they not hustling?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by Harrynight(m): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
cry

Respect to Sam Okwaraji, his mum and the family!

That being said:
So the family ain't picked up since then?
Its been almost 20yrs the guy passed on, the family members couldn't Carter for themselves and the mother since then?

No matter how much they(Govt) try to supports, they won't do it forever.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by gabazin080(m): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
tell me why I should blame dele Ali and others who refused to represent Nigeria in any sport

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by chuksanambra: 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
If the FG could pay pension to the Biafran soldiers and their cowardly leader who ran off to Abidjan dressed like Bobrisky, I believe Sam Okwaraji is a patriotic hero who deserves more.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
Too bad.
Something should be done to this our fallen hero.
RIP Dr Sam!
Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by Maldek666: 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
GavelSlam:

This Buhari Yahoo Squadron is so sure something will be done shortly.

8 Likes

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by AdoredLadyvida: 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
You should have cried out Earlier,
I hope the government hear you Now with all the troubles Everywhere. .

God bless U.S.A,bless Nigeria
Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by Pope22(m): 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
GavelSlam:

Unless its for campaign.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by blazer2018: 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
As if our FG cares about Fallen Heroes...even the Standing Heroes are not bn recognised, not too talk of d dead...D little they try to recognise is mainly for political reasons...whoever tries to die for dis country does so at his or her peril.

Continue to RIP Sam...We remember and celebrate u and ur contributions to Nigerian football...I hope someone remembers ur family someday.
Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by DaBillionnaire: 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
lj
Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by tunary(m): 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nigeria is not a country to die for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by Paulpeterparker: 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
I thought we were told he died playing against India and the match ended 99- 1. nairaland people please was my uncle lying or we have two okparagie

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by naijacentric(m): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
The labours of our heroes past shall never be in vain! Dis has neva been smooth in nigeria instead we celebrate demons
Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by Amberon11: 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
Trust me Twitter is the best social network. The other day someone asked people to drop their account details , lots of other people started sending money and the peowho dropped their account details testified.
400billionman:
coolMama Sam Okwaraji should open Twitter account and drop her account number I sure say within one week Nigerian Twitter community will bless her above One million

1 Like

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by 36STATES: 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
Rubbish. Gov has done more than enough already for them. The junior brother Francis is a rich man in Leuven in Belgium. He's more than capable of taking care of his mum. The government completed his uncompleted building when he died, and paid money to the family many times.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
mama....sorry u hearing this

but this government of buhari doesn't care about the living....rather he murders them on cold blood....

I pray u channel ur plead to the state government....it will favour u more

the government of fulani oligarchy are happy when u kit and kin are dying and can send python any moment to unleash mayhem.....

many have died and still counting........

RIP Sam okwaraji......

rest on coz u might hv died of heart attack seeing what Nigerian and her football team has been turned into......since 1996.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
he should have stuck to his law practice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Michael Johnson Is Accused Of 'black Racism' After Questioning Amusans World Rec / Neymar Celebrates Kylian Mbappe Hat-trick Goal Vs Barcelona (Photos, Video) / Some Top Football Coaches And The Cars They Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.