Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: (3523 Views)

The True Definition Of Athiesm / To Athiests, What Are Your Reasons For Dumping Religious Faith To Athiesm / Does God Exist?? Here Are Six Straightforward Reason That He Does (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by beloveeed: 11:57am On May 31, 2010
Pls read this carefully,
I work up early this morning and while musing, it occurred to me that there are similarity between Christianity and athiesm. Yes it sounds funny though but I believe that athiesm is good to be classified as a religion though

God Evolution
Unseen Entity called God v Unseen Force called evolution
^^created the earth from nothing v earth evolved from nothing
earth and all came by the spoken word v earth existed from a ‘trigger’ of reaction
no one was there when it happen except God v no one was there to record what happened
consist of various sect v consist of sect with various ideology
millions died because of a sect (catholic) v millions died becos of ideology-Stalin,Marx
have a history written by men v observation (history later) written by men
have a standard book all reference from v reference4m other athiest as their reference
have a complete manual from beginning to end v always discovering 'new' things so
not complete
divided becos of reasoning v divided becos of reasoning
Heb 11:1 the evidence of things not seen v atom that is not seen yet is believed to exist

hope to add more as i read the minds of the religion of athiesm.

Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by naijacutee(f): 12:04pm On May 31, 2010
I agree with you. There are many atheists who are just as fanatical (albeit in the opposite direction) as many christians and muslims, with the excuse of "being sick and tired of the fanatics propaganda". In being "sick and tired", they themselves become fanatics.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by beloveeed: 12:25pm On May 31, 2010
hi

pls permit me to add, i choose to contrast christianity vs athiest. Other religions have thier ways but for now, i beleive i prefer it that way. smiley
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by wirinet(m): 12:31pm On May 31, 2010
Some of you Christians just want to justify your self by attempting to use reverse psychology. You want to bring everybody to your level of reasoning, no matter how inappropriate it may be. So you peddle misinformation, misdefinition  and deliberate false hood.

If you do not understand an issue try and research before you copy and paste. Let me just correct a few of your misinformation and misdefinitions;

1. Although i am an Evolutionist, not every atheist accepts the Theory of Evolution of Species as propounded by Charles Darwin.  In the opposite side of the spectrum, you have lots, i mean millions of Christians that subscribe to the evolution theory. So you cannot divide Atheists and Theist along the evolution devide.

2. Cosmologists (not evolutionists) did not say that the earth was created from nothing, they did not even say that the universe was created from nothing. I do not know where your source got that from?

3. About the spoken words, you cannot have words in a vacuum. So sound as per Hebrew words could not have predated the air filled earth.

4. Please check the definition of the word sect and explain how it applies to atheists.

5. I do not understand what you mean by million died because of Atheist Ideology. If you do not know Karl marxs ideology was a socio-political ideology and not an atheist idology, just like Adam Smiths ideology was not a Christian ideology. Further more religious wars are quiet different from ideological or economic wars. There had never been any war to propagate Atheist beliefs.

What do you mean theist have history written by men? Have you seen any institution using any religious book as as an historical book?.

Compete manual for what? for making the computer you are typing on?. Yes science will forever be discovering new things.

Who told you Atoms have not been seen? Go to a well equipped laboratory with an electron microscope and you will see what atoms look like.

1 Like

Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by bindex(m): 12:50pm On May 31, 2010
@ OP

1)Since when does evolution equals atheism? Your assertion is false because there are so many christians that strongly believe in evolution. Evolution is a branch of science that has nothing to do with any system of beliefs.

2) Which part of the evolutionary theory states that the earth evolved from nothing?

3) Atom that is not seen yet is believed to exist you said, Who told you that an atom has not been seen?

A little reading here will help you understand how the image of the atom was obtained.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by bindex(m): 12:53pm On May 31, 2010
wirinet:

Some of you Christians just want to justify your self by attempting to use reverse psychology. You want to bring everybody to your level of reasoning, no matter how inappropriate it may be. So you peddle misinformation, misdefinition  and deliberate false hood.

If you do not understand an issue try and research before you copy and paste. Let me just correct a few of your misinformation and misdefinitions;

1. Although i am an Evolutionist, not every atheist accepts the Theory of Evolution of Species as propounded by Charles Darwin.  In the opposite side of the spectrum, you have lots, i mean millions of Christians that subscribe to the evolution theory. So you cannot divide Atheists and Theist along the evolution devide.

2. Cosmologists (not evolutionists) did not say that the earth was created from nothing, they did not even say that the universe was created from nothing. I do not know where your source got that from?

3. About the spoken words, you cannot have words in a vacuum. So sound as per Hebrew words could not have predated the air filled earth.

4. Please check the definition of the word sect and explain how it applies to atheists.

5. I do not understand what you mean by million died because of Atheist Ideology. If you do not know Karl marxs ideology was a socio-political ideology and not an atheist idology, just like Adam Smiths ideology was not a Christian ideology. Further more religious wars are quiet different from ideological or economic wars. There had never been any war to propagate Atheist beliefs.

What do you mean theist have history written by men? Have you seen any institution using any religious book as as an historical book?.

Compete manual for what? for making the computer you are typing on?. Yes science will forever be discovering new things.

Who told you Atoms have not been seen? Go to a well equipped laboratory with an electron microscope and you will see what atoms look like.

Wirinet, Its been a while, hope life is treating your good, warm regards.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by wirinet(m): 1:01pm On May 31, 2010
bindex:

Wirinet, Its been a while, hope life is treating your good, warm regards.

My brother i dey, had some minor health challenge but i am alright now. Well life in Niga is not easy o, but we are surviving.

I hope you are doing fine in all regards.

Well take care.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by beloveeed: 1:31pm On May 31, 2010
hi winiret thanks for your post,

Some of you Christians just want to justify your self by attempting to use reverse psychology.
but are u using fast forward psychology?

You want to bring everybody to your level of reasoning, no matter how inappropriate it may be. So you peddle misinformation, misdefinition and deliberate false hood.
that is what you always want to come to your reason as well

Never copied and paste but as I said reasoned from my readings on the various post by athiest

1. Although i am an Evolutionist, not every atheist accepts the Theory of Evolution of Species as propounded by Charles Darwin. In the opposite side of the spectrum, you have lots, i mean millions of Christians that subscribe to the evolution theory. So you cannot divide Atheists and Theist along the evolution devide.

So shall we say simply “every evolutionist is an athiest, but not all athiest are evolutionist” or what? Pls explain.

So who stipulated the issue of the big bang (out of nothing), evolutionist or cosmologist – that athiest are holding against creation.

Well that is left for my “delusional” reasoning to contest. But to you, it is accepted that there was a trigger before the big bang…

sect [sekt](plural sects) noun
1. nonmainstream religious group: a religious group with beliefs and practices at variance with those of the more established main groups
2. religious denomination: a denomination of a larger religious group
3. close-knit group: a small close-knit group with strongly held views that are sometimes regarded as extreme by the majority
Encarta

Now from the above, a sect has a belief which it practices and follows dogmatically. And from what I have read from the various post, athiest have the belief that there is NO GOD which they practice as we see in their responses and this they follow dogmatically.

What I mean is that the Bible history were written by men under the direction of God. Period.

the manual am referring here is the bible for christians.

I am sorry pls, what is seen is indirect evidence of the presence of the atom, but it is invincible.

thanks once again
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by beloveeed: 1:50pm On May 31, 2010
hi bindex

thanks for that IMAGE, all i see is a grayscale image but look at the image of an atom, is that how it looks like from your picture in IBM?

Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by beloveeed: 2:00pm On May 31, 2010
Cosmologists (not evolutionists) did not say that the earth was created from nothing, they did not even say that the universe was created from nothing. I do not know where your source got that from?

i simply typed athiest believe that the earth came from nothing, and a whole lot of answers and forum replies came forth. moreover pls so you are not an athiest but and evolutionsit, so can you kindly give me the difference btw the two oh let me try
athiest - believe that there is no God but what we see
evolutionist is one that believes that all around evolved from somewhere
combining the two: evo-athiest is one that believes that since there is no God, all things evolved from something out of nothing
am i correct?
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by bindex(m): 2:34pm On May 31, 2010
beloveeed:

hi bindex

thanks for that IMAGE, all i see is a grayscale image but look at the image of an atom, is that how it looks like from your picture in IBM?

What you have up there is not an image of an atom but simply and illustration drawing, what I posted is a picture of an atom and how it looks like.

Here is an illustration drawing of the human digestive system.

Will you call this image a picture of the human digestive system?
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by wirinet(m): 3:23pm On May 31, 2010
Bindex, you get time o. The poster is trying to argue topics he does not have a clue about? so are just wasting you time trying to educate him. He has already come to the conclusion that atheist's non acceptance of his god or any other gods amounts to a religion, and that their are various religious sects of this no god believers who meet and worship their non existence entity. so leave him to his reasoning, he is entitled to it.

Beloveed, you are right, belief in Atoms is a religion, Atoms have never been seen, it is only a religious belief of scientists, or is it evolutionists.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by beloveeed: 3:38pm On May 31, 2010
thanks bindex

i tot of presenting a pix of a life dissected human digestive system but for the sake of the audience i opted not but if i may say, a dissected human will look exactly like the picture u uploaded but the real picture u showed does not in anyway look like the drawn picture. where are the rings and the balls cycling in the picture of ibm?

winiret

thanks for getting fed up but its all about education even if some answers may be foolish but u might not know who is reading.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by KAG: 3:46pm On May 31, 2010
beloveeed:

Pls read this carefully,
I work up early this morning and while musing, it occurred to me that there are similarity between Christianity and athiesm. Yes it sounds funny though but I believe that athiesm is good to be classified as a religion though

You shouldn't have jumped from musing straight to posting your thoughts. Why is it good to classify atheism as a religion? Is reading also a religion? And athletics? Maybe everything humans do should be termed religions, too. Yes, it would totally render the term meaningless, but at least it would do away with the type of dubious argument you present.

God                                 Evolution
Unseen Entity called God        v Unseen Force called evolution
^^created the earth from nothing        v earth evolved from nothing
earth and all came by the spoken word        v earth existed from a ‘trigger’ of reaction

Nonsense. Evolution isn't presented as an entity nor a being. Further, one needn't be an atheist to accept evolution. In fact, more theists - particularly Christians - than atheists (in terms of numbers) accept the occurrence of evolution.

Second, while the gods haven't been observed (and I welcome your admittance of that fact), evolution has been observed.

Third, like the theory of evolution, many (most?) theists accept the "evolution" of the earth. And, no, no one with a basic grasp of science says the earth "evolved from nothing".

Finally, no the earth didn't come to be because of a trigger, etc, but through a series of reactions and processes.

no one was there when it happen except God v no one was there to record what happened

What makes you think your god was there? In any case, using our senses we can observe the hostory of things and how they may have occurred both on earth and outside of it.

consist of various sect                 v consist of sect with various ideology

Wait, what has various sects? Not quite right. Theism consists of various religions, religious sects, and various ideologies. There are also some religions that are atheistic. What you wrote makes no sense otherwise.

millions died because of a sect (catholic) v millions died becos of ideology-Stalin,Marx
Millions died because of wars. That isn't an argument for atheism being a religion. This is rather pathetic, you know.

have a history written by men         v observation (history later) written by men

Therefore writing books, and studying are religions.

have a standard book all reference from v reference4m other athiest as their reference

It's reading books that's the religion, right? Right?

have a complete manual from beginning to end v always discovering 'new' things so
                                                                                        not complete

This makes atheism a religion, how? Two disparate things . . . therefore religion. To many holes, too little time.

divided becos of reasoning         v divided becos of reasoning
Heb 11:1 the evidence of things not seen v atom that is not seen yet is believed to exist

Next thing you'll argue that DNA doesn't exist and gravity makes everyone religious. Others have been kind enough to point out that atoms have been observed. Of course that even not observing it doesn't make anyone, whether theist or atheist, religious shouldn't deter you from making asinine arguments and comparisons.

hope to add more as i read the minds of the religion of athiesm.

Please don't.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by beloveeed: 4:53pm On May 31, 2010
Nonsense. Evolution isn't presented as an entity nor a being. Further, one needn't be an atheist to accept evolution. In fact, more theists - particularly Christians - than atheists (in terms of numbers) accept the occurrence of evolution.

Note I did not say evolution is a being or entity but an UNSEEN FORCE which made or caused (your assumption) what we see and touch. Secondly, becos they (so called christian) accept it, does it make it acceptable?

Second, while the gods haven't been observed (and I welcome your admittance of that fact), evolution has been observed.

Please don’t confuse micro with MACRO Evolution. And MACRO evolution has neither been seen either or tell me, what has dinosaurs evolved into our present day and why have we not on a MACRO level evolved into a super species for more than thousand of years or are we to wait for million of years before we for one to evolve?

Third, like the theory of evolution, many (most?) theists accept the "evolution" of the earth. And, no, no one with a basic grasp of science says the earth "evolved from nothing".

Sorry, I hope the two evolutionist did not have a grasp of science when the said this:
Scientific America. May, 1984, The Inflationary Universe,” evolutionists Alan Guth and Paul Steinhardt wrote, The inflationary model of the universe provides a possible mechanism by which the observable universe could have evolved from an infinitesimal region- It is then tempting to go one step further and speculate that the entire universe evolved from literally nothing.

Finally, no the earth didn't come to be because of a trigger, etc, but through a series of reactions and processes.

Ok if a series of reactions and processes then surely there must be a ‘trigger’ a force that starts it.

What makes you think your god was there? In any case, using our senses we can observe the hostory of things and how they may have occurred both on earth and outside of it,

What if your senses could be telling you what it is not? No wonder there are counter argument upon argument about what one has observed in the scientific world. For me I will keeping waiting until the argue till He Comes! Then all knees must bow down to Him and Call Him Lord. Is it not funny that daily evolutionist etc daily contradict themselves over and over yet never coming to the knowledge of the truth?

Wait, what has various sects? Not quite right. Theism consists of various religions, religious sects, and various ideologies. There are also some religions that are atheistic. What you wrote makes no sense otherwise.

Hmm, read my encarta post
1. nonmainstream religious group: a religious group with beliefs and practices at variance with those of the more established main groups
3. close-knit group: a small close-knit group with strongly held views that are sometimes regarded as extreme by the majority
Encarta

Now from the above, a sect has a belief which it practices and follows dogmatically. And from what I have read from the various post, athiest have the belief that there is NO GOD which they practice as we see in their responses and this they follow dogmatically.

Your remaining argument I answered for winiret. Read my post above
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by mazaje(m): 6:52pm On May 31, 2010
What exactly is beloveeed saying?. . . .
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by beloveeed: 8:04pm On May 31, 2010
mazaje

welcome. wel if u want to know , nothing but if u read the post aboove u may understand,
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by mazaje(m): 8:10pm On May 31, 2010
beloveeed:

mazaje

welcome. wel if u want to know , nothing but if u read the post aboove u may understand,

Here is a simple definition of religion from wikipedia. . . ."Religion is the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or any such system of belief and worship[1], usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

So name one deity that atheist worship or believe in. Name one devotional or ritual observance that atheist adhere to. . . . .Of course there are reigions that are atheistic in nature because they worship no particular deity but atheism is not a religion no matter how many times you keep repeating the statement to yourself. . . .
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 31, 2010
religion is belief.

atheists believe there is no God, or atheists believe they have no religion.

therefore. . . . . . . . fill in the blanks.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by beloveeed: 8:40pm On May 31, 2010
mazaje:

Here is a simple definition of religion from wikipedia. . . ."Religion is the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or any such system of belief and worship[1], usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

So name one deity that atheist worship or believe in. Name one devotional or ritual observance that atheist adhere to. . . . .Of course there are reigions that are atheistic in nature because they worship no particular deity but atheism is not a religion no matter how many times you keep repeating the statement to yourself. . . .

that is wiki, here is encarta

re·li·gion [ri líjjən]
(plural re·li·gions)
noun
1. beliefs and worship: people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life
2. system: an institutionalized or personal system of beliefs and practices relating to the divine
3. personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by
4. obsession: an object, practice, cause, or activity that somebody is completely devoted to or obsessed by
The danger is that you start to make fitness a religion.

take 3 & 4 above, it speaks about your believe in NO GOD that is your belief.

thanks tpia
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 31, 2010
you're welcome
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by thehomer: 9:13pm On May 31, 2010
beloveeed:

re·li·gion [ri líjjən]
(plural re·li·gions)
noun
1. beliefs and worship: people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life
2. system: an institutionalized or personal system of beliefs and practices relating to the divine
3. personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by
4. obsession: an object, practice, cause, or activity that somebody is completely devoted to or obsessed by

It seems to me that the third and fourth definitions do not apply to christianity or to any organized religion except in cases of mental illness.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by Mudley313: 9:29pm On May 31, 2010
with your dumb azz logic, the day you stopped believing that santa clause was real you started a religion of non-belief in santa clause; people who dont believe in aliens have a religion due to their "belief" in the non-existence of aliens; christians who dont believe allah is god and speak against the worship of allah are members of two religions; christianity and the non-belief in allah. . . you see how dumb and retarded that sounds. . .then you wonder why people think there aint no difference between christians and schizos
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by KAG: 9:33pm On May 31, 2010
beloveeed:

Note I did not say evolution is a being or entity but an UNSEEN FORCE which made or caused (your assumption) what we see and touch. Secondly, becos they (so called christian) accept it, does it make it acceptable?

Way to miss the point. By equating evolution with your god (or gods in general) you imply that it is an entity. I don't see a way around it. Further, no, evolution didn't cause all we see and touch: instead, biological evolution caused the divergence in populations in biological life.

Finally that theists, including Christians (not "so called Christians"wink, accept the occurrence of evolution should have shown you it's not an article of faith or something necessary for atheism. It should have been immediately clear that it no more atheistic than the theory of relativity.

Please don’t confuse micro with MACRO Evolution. And MACRO evolution has neither been seen either or tell me, what has dinosaurs evolved into our present day and why have we not on a MACRO level evolved into a super species for more than thousand of years or are we to wait for million of years before we for one to evolve?

What's the difference between macro and micro evolution? Tell me what you understand by macro-evolution. Birds are dinosaurs. Is that what you mean by what have dinosaurs involved into, etc? Why would humans evolve into a super species when by the estimation of many - no less, Christians "created in the image of god" - we are already super. In any case, that's not how evolution works.

Sorry, I hope the two evolutionist did not have a grasp of science when the said this:
Scientific America. May, 1984, The Inflationary Universe,” evolutionists Alan Guth and Paul Steinhardt wrote, The inflationary model of the universe provides a possible mechanism by which the observable universe could have evolved from an infinitesimal region- It is then tempting to go one step further and speculate that the entire universe evolved from literally nothing.

You do realise that there's a incredibly vast difference between the earth and the universe, right? Maybe you should learn how to read closely in future. Just a suggestion. Just to nip something in the bud before you come up with it in your next post, that George "Dubya" Bush stated that the forces of Al-Queda have evolved doesn't mean Bin Laden controls the theory of evolution or some such nonsense.

Ok if a series of reactions and processes then surely there must be a ‘trigger’ a force that starts it.

Why?

What makes you think your god was there? In any case, using our senses we can observe the hostory of things and how they may have occurred both on earth and outside of it,

What if your senses could be telling you what it is not? No wonder there are counter argument upon argument about what one has observed in the scientific world. For me I will keeping waiting until the argue till He Comes! Then all knees must bow down to Him and Call Him Lord. Is it not funny that daily evolutionist etc daily contradict themselves over and over yet never coming to the knowledge of the truth?

There's a possibility that my senses are telling me what is not. However, independent and varied lines of inquiry help to minimise individual bias. If the diverse and far-flung senses of that many humans and many scientific findings point to something then, yeah, it's a better understanding of our world and our universe in general.

Hmm, read my encarta post
Encarta

You didn't answer my question nor respond to what I wrote. Even worse it appears you didn't read the definition of sect which you posted - unnecessarily I might add.
What you're ignoring is that "theism consists of various religions, religious sects, and various ideologies" and there are atheistic religions - and sects within those religions. Atheism is no more a religion than theism is.

Now, to specifically address this part of your post. You claim that a sect has "a belief which it practices and follows dogmatically". Following your logic, this means every person with obsessive compulsive disorder is practicing their religion when they get stuck on whatever they have to redo. This means, then, using your definition, that the OCD therapy groups are religious sects if their beliefs of what will happen if a routine isn't followed obsessively intersect. Well done. Silly definition. Silly conclusion.

Look, even if atheists believe that there are no gods, that doesn't mean that's their religion or that it's a practice, etc. No more than me arguing in some other forum that Batman is a worse super hero than Superman makes my religion the Supermanist religion.

Your remaining argument I answered for winiret. Read my post above

No, you didn't.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 31, 2010
I think atheism would pass as a quasi religion,being that in USA, atheists enjoys equal rights as the theists.Theres even a legislation that backs this up.The concept is theist: i believe in 'god', atheist: i dont believe in 'god' rather i believe in no god. Established fact that can remain till eternity is beliefs,values/custom which both the theist&atheist possess. Based on the similarities,i agree with the op by 49.9%
beloveeed:

re·li·gion [ri líjjən]
(plural re·li·gions)
noun

thanks tpia

Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by KAG: 9:51pm On May 31, 2010
tpia.:

religion is belief.

atheists believe there is no God, or atheists believe they have no religion.

therefore. . . . . . . . fill in the blanks.

Religion involves belief. That doesn't mean religion itself is belief. You know, I also believe there's really no Fortress of Solitude.

Therefore . . . . . . . blanks must be filled, yes?
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by Mudley313: 10:01pm On May 31, 2010
I think atheism would pass as a quasi religion,being that in USA, atheists enjoys equal rights as the theists.Theres even a legislation that backs this up.

and you do know that these people are differentiated by the terms the religious and non-religious

with your dumb logic, since in the USA blacks fought to attain equal rights with whites and gays are fighting to enjoy equal rights with straight people; being black or being gay is inadvertantly a quaisi religion or whatever mumbo jumbo you're trying to come up with

Established fact that can remain till eternity is beliefs,values/custom which both the theist&atheist possess. Based on the similarities,i agree with the op by 49.9%

another dumb argument. so, i believe in aliens = a religion; i dont believe in santa claus = a relgion; i hold unto the conservative/republican values = a religion; i practice the yoruba custom, like traditional wedding = a religion
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 31, 2010
Mudley313:

and you do know that these people are differentiated by the terms the religious and non-religious

with your dumb logic, since in the USA blacks fought to attain equal rights with whites and gays are fighting to enjoy equal rights with straight people; being black or being gay is inadvertantly a quaisi [/b]religion or whatever mumbo jumbo you're trying to come up with
I hope u dont want to return to your shallow way of reasoning. I said 'can pass as a quasi religion' not any nonsense  [b]quaisi religion. The fact remains that the system of 'belief in or no belief in' is the basis of both the theist and the atheist being giving equal rights as both believers. All the stories of gay or no gay is irrelevant to me. My view point is belief and both belief system have same rights according to law, which why i made the comparison
Mudley313:

another dumb argument. so, i believe in aliens = a religion; i dont believe in santa claus = a relgion; i hold unto the conservative/republican values = a religion; i practice the yoruba custom, like traditional wedding = a religion

I dont want to accuse u of blindness. I never said atheism is a religion but said  can pass as a quasi religion. Is there belief in atheism or not?  do they hold on to values like theism or not? before it can pass as quasi
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by Mudley313: 12:24am On Jun 01, 2010
Is there belief in atheism or not?

NO. There is no belief. Lack of belief in something doesn't equal belief

do they hold on to values like theism or not?

NO
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 01, 2010
KAG:

Religion involves belief. That doesn't mean religion itself is belief. You know, I also believe there's really no Fortress of Solitude.

Therefore . . . . . . . blanks must be filled, yes?

quit you're just playing on semantics.

leave the matter as is.

religion is belief. Religion involves belief.

one does not contradict the other.
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by ednut1(m): 8:06am On Jun 01, 2010
Poster u are sick. U hv bcom so drawn into atheism that u have just shown u know nothing about. Not every body that is not a xtain/muslin is an athiest. Athiesm is nt a religion cos it has no binding rule or laws. Sm pple are agnostic they belive we hv no way 2 know if god exist or not (they neva said god exist or nt). Sm are non religious. Sm are anti religion. So stop classifyn all as atheist
Re: I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: by Mudley313: 8:08am On Jun 01, 2010
religion is belief. Religion involves belief.

one does not contradict the other.

huh?

just quit now cos you're starting to sound imbecilic

(1) (2) (Reply)

If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? / Pastor Kumuyi Currently At Godswill Akpabio International Stadium Uyo / How Do We Know There Is A God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.