Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,814 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. (847 Views)

No Bank Should Intimidate You If You Found Money U Did Not Deposit / Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? / Which Bank Gives Pos Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by adaeze91(f): 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
Though this has been long but i know i will get the help i need from nairaland. I transferred #40,000 to my cousin acc with my first bank debit card to my cousin acc UBA since April 21 but till now the money never enter my cousin acc and i was debit. I have gone to first and i was told that the transaction was successful. And my cousin has gone to her own bank which is UBA and she was given form to fill but till now nothing has been done. According to what my cousin told me that the problem was not only me that other customer was there the day she went her bank for the same complain. I don't know how to go about. Pls people give me idea of what i can do. My 40k can just go like this.i am pained anytime i remember this.
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by adaeze91(f): 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
Abeg am still waiting for better comment oo. My 40k can't just go like this
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by adaeze91(f): 10:30am On Jun 08, 2018
Opinion and suggestions are welcome
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by bolaji73(m): 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
I've experienced this twice. problems such as yours is always from the sender's Bank. you should be refunded since the money didn't deliver..
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by adaeze91(f): 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
bolaji73:
I've experienced this twice. problems such as yours is always from the sender's Bank. you should be refunded since the money didn't deliver..
but i have gone to my bank and it was shown the transaction was successful and my cousin said that many people are complaining of the issue in her own which is U BA. I
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by adaeze91(f): 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
bolaji73:
but i have gone to my bank and it was shown the transaction was successful and my cousin said that many people are complaining of the issue in her own which is U BA.
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by jjclagosbanker: 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by jjclagosbanker: 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by amedualiyi: 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2018
Your account was debited does not guarantee that the money left your bank. If the unit in charge of inter-bank transfer in your bank does not remitte the money, there is no way the beneficiary's bank will receive it. Also, if the unit in beneficiary's bank does not apply the money, beneficiary can never get value. Let your bank confirm to you that the money was remitted. If confirmed( with printed evidence), let the beneficiary go to his bank(with the printed evidence) to pressurise them to apply the money. Am a Banker and inter-bank transfer is what I do.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by adaeze91(f): 9:58am On Jun 19, 2018
amedualiyi:
Your account was debited does not guarantee that the money left your bank. If the unit in charge of inter-bank transfer in your bank does not remitte the money, there is no way the beneficiary's bank will receive it. Also, if the unit in beneficiary's bank does not apply the money, beneficiary can never get value. Let your bank confirm to you that the money was remitted. If confirmed( with printed evidence), let the beneficiary go to his bank(with the printed evidence) to pressurise them to apply the money. Am a Banker and inter-bank transfer is what I do.
thanks i will do that.
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by bonagu: 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
jjclagosbanker:
Hello Adaeze,

I understand your plight and i sincerely apologise on behalf of both banks for the inconveniences you must have experienced.
Try and get your statement of account within that period that the transfer occurred from your bank, your cousin should do same.
Once you have established that the money left your account and it didn't reflect in your cousin's, you need to visit your bank. You have no business with your cousin's bank. You will be given a form to fill, the complaint will be logged on the appropriate channel and feedback will be given to you by your bank within 7 working days ( it's usually 5 working days for ATM, POS takes longer for reversal).
If they tell you it was successful, tell them the beneficiary's account was not credited, show them your cousin's statement.

40k is much, I know you are not satisfied with this service failure but try not to make a scene, don't shout, be polite and make your displeasure known.
Good luck.

This is a good response for you to work with. If your bank could not do anything, threaten them with a deadline failing which you will petition CBN. Please ensure you forward the petition to CBN accordingly if they don't respond positively to you.
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by Noblepreneur: 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2018
The problem is from your Cousin Bank
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by adaeze91(f): 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2018
Noblepreneur:
The problem is from your Cousin Bank
how pls
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by nabiz(m): 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2018
UBA IS A USELESS BANK, UBA IS A USLESS BANK, UBA IS A USLESS BANK, THE ARE THIEF, THEY ARE NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESSES. THEY WILL FRUSTRATE UR BUSINESS, DON'T BANK WILL THEM,

As I am talking to u now they are frustrating me. I travel to Lagos for a job and saw a good construction equipment to buy at a very cheap price at Ladipo market. T called my cashier to transfer 250k to me as the money I was having was not enough. The money is still hanging on the air for more than a week now. As I am talking to u now I have lost the deal. I will spoil their image also. They are thief, they are animal. Don't bank with the if u are a businessman

Let me go back to Abuja. I will deal with them. I will visit that bank and mak some noise.
Re: Which Bank Should I Hold Responsible. by danielblessing(m): 11:55pm On Jul 02, 2018
call the customer care live and direct. The reversal should be done within 24hours

(1) (Reply)

Think Deep About Phone Accessories Business / What Biz Can I Do With 1m / Get Your Maxbounty + FREE Premium Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.