Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. (525 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Disney Style, Serena Williams Wedding Gown Revealed (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by Uniquewhyte99(m): 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
@iwazi_ng

For the first time in eight years, no woman feature on Forbes’ list of the world’s 100 highest-earning sports stars — a list topped by retired boxer Floyd Mayweather.

Since the magazine expanded its list in 2010, at least one female star has always made the cut. Tennis player Serena Williams was the sole female representative last year, coming in at 51st.
Though a number of sports tournaments now pay men and women equal prize money — in 1973 not one sport rewarded both genders equally — this year’s list starkly highlights that the pace of change is slow and a huge disparity remains.

Having not played much in the last 12 months owing to pregnancy and maternity leave, Williams’ off-court earnings of $18 million (£13.4m) was not enough to make 2018’s top 100. Charlotte Hornets’ Nicholas Batum was ranked No. 100 with $22.9 million (£17.06m).
Tennis players Maria Sharapova and Li Na have been named on the list in recent years, but Sharapova’s absence from the sport because of a drugs ban and Li’s retirement in 2014 means they no longer feature.

Report shows that on endorsements alone Williams would be ranked in the top indicating that “Serena is still killing it off the court”.
She’s more popular than ever with corporate sponsors. It is believed she banked $18 million with those partners who she still continues to be engaged with, whether it’s IBM, Nike, Wilson, so she does a lot off the court.
Her endorsement earnings would put her up in the top 10 in the world. She just hasn’t any prize money to go with that. A lot of persons expect once Serena is back on the court and raking up those millions in prize money we’ll see her back on the list next year.”

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Source: https://www.iwazi.com.ng/2018/06/06/serena-williams-slides-out-of-forbes-top-100-richest-athletes-list-leaving-no-female-on-the-list/

Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by eezeribe(m): 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
OK
Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by friendlyadvice: 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
she no even fine sef
Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by Uniquewhyte99(m): 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
friendlyadvice:
she no even fine sef

I'm not sure you saw this excerpt Williams’ off-court earnings of $18 million (£13.4m). That translates to 6.5b naira.
Please you that's fine, how much do you have?? angry

2 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
friendlyadvice:
she no even fine sef

the simple fact that she is THE best female tennis player of all times, makes her beautiful in so many ways, sad you couldnt see it.

a great man once said, beauty fades away while well managed wealth DOESNT.... choose wisely!

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by friendlyadvice: 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
Uniquewhyte99:

how much do you have?? angry
ask your daddy
Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by friendlyadvice: 4:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

the simple fact that she is THE best female tennis player of all times, makes her beautiful in so many ways
That is exactly what an ugly person would say
Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
friendlyadvice:
That is exactly what an ugly person would say

me ugly, naaaaah, i am worse than that, i am FUGLY and proud to be...
Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by friendlyadvice: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

me ugly, naaaaah, i am worse than that, i am FUGLY and proud to be...

Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by sureinfo: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
am so with you on this,and as a matter of fact i will bet on her with betway anyday anytime.
Uniquewhyte99:

I'm not sure you saw this excerpt Williams’ off-court earnings of $18 million (£13.4m). That translates to 6.5b naira.
Please you that's fine, how much do you have?? angry

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Slides Out Of Forbes’ Top 100 Richest Athletes List. by Uniquewhyte99(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
sureinfo:
am so with you on this,and as a matter of fact i will bet on her with betway anyday anytime.

Correct dude, I sight you. cool

(1) (Reply)

Don't Have Sex With Men From 'different Race' During World Cup, Warns Russian Po / Interesting Facts About 2018 FIFA World Cup / Believe It Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.