Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,536 members, 7,830,591 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? (16985 Views)

Homosexualism In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by MadMax1(f): 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2010
In the Bible, Judges 19 records a man and his concubine travelling through Israel. The man stayed in an old man's house as a guest. In the night, ISRAELITES came and demanded to have s.ex with the man. In the end the man's concubine was given to them and they r.aped her to death. Where was 'God' to destroy Israel for the homosexuals among them, since that's why he destroyed Sodom? Or you're saying God has double standards? Until it's proven that sexual prefence isn't biologically wired but is, a-hem, a 'choice', all that silly sanctimony hasn't a leg to stand on.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by lafile(m): 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2010
I and my friends love having sex with canines. We believe theses nothing wrong with it. We are just wired that way. We want to be accepted by society and legally allowed to practice our sexuality the way we please. We realise its not culturally acceptable today, but trust me, in 20 years time, with 500k of us in New York, it would be the norm.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2010
bawomolo:

should a gay person be compared to a child molester?
I'm sure you couldn't have missed where I stated that the discussion has taken a twist and is now about the basis for acceptance. I'm not discussing the people, or the acts themselves, just the basis for why you and others are soliciting acceptance. I'm not concerned with the actual people who actually do it.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by redsun(m): 10:10pm On Jun 02, 2010
The old testament is suppose to be the mistakes of god that jesus came to correct and in the new testament there is no where jesus said that homosexuality is a sin,even when he mentioned lust,selfishness,greed,pride,etc,he never mentioned homosexuality.Why christians?did he forget?
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 10:11pm On Jun 02, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I'm sure you couldn't have missed where I stated that the discussion has taken a twist and is now about the basis for acceptance. I'm not discussing the people, or the acts themselves, just the basis for why you and others are soliciting acceptance. I'm not concerned with the actual people who actually do it.
I haven't heard any gay man or women asking for acceptance. They are asking for the same rights that heterosexual couples have. Right to be married, right to be added to partner's health insurance, right to be next of kin to spouse when death does happen/during health issues, right to spouse's possessions after death.
They don't care if you accept them or not. Thats the least of their problem. They just want to live a normal life just like you and me.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2010
johnkent:

I haven't heard any gay man or women asking for acceptance. They are asking for the same rights that heterosexual couples have. Right to be married, right to be added to partner's health insurance, right to be next of kin to spouse when death does happen/during health issues, right to spouse's possessions after death.
They don't care if you accept them or not. Thats the least of their problem. They just want to live a normal life just like you and me.
Okay, we will definitely get into very muddy waters, with this whole "rights" discussion. Let me ask, Johnkent, are you a liberal?
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Okay, we will definitely get into very muddy waters, with this whole "rights" discussion. Let me ask, Johnkent, are you a liberal?
am an independent.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
I have nothing against homosexual men or lesbian women. As long as their lifestyle doesn't conflict with mine, I could even work with them.

I prefer to live, and let live.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
Siena:

I have nothing against homosexual men or lesbian women. As long as their lifestyle doesn't conflict with mine, I could even work with them.

I prefer to live, and let live.
haha. U'll be surprised to know that some of the nicest people that you've ever met in life are still in the closet.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by daroz(m): 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2010
well, homosexuality is a sin against nature and humanity. Its one of the device of the devil. We should all join hands together to fight it out of the society, not withstanding that some American states have already legalize it. In fact  if i happens to come across any, i will kill him, if that is the best way i can contribute to the sanitation of the society.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2010
daroz:

well, homosexuality is a sin against nature and humanity. Its one of the device of the devil. We should all join hands together to fight it out of the society, not withstanding that some American states have already legalize it. In fact  if i happens to come across any, i will kill him, if that is the best way i can contribute to the sanitation of the society.
And u know what happens to murderers?? Life in Prison and i bet you don't want to be someone's Sissy in prison
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by MadMax1(f): 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2010
johnkent:

haha. U'll be surprised to know that some of the nicest people that you've ever met in life are still in the closet.

Lol. After crooning songs and having thousands of women waste crushes on him, that zaftig Ricky Martin came out and said he was gay.  George Michale did the same thing. Elton John too. For every one that comes out, there's another still hiding in the closet because of judgemental holier than thous. They owe no one explanations or apologies for how their brains directed their sexuality. Another hundred years and it'll be a non-issue.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2010
Mad_Max:

Lol. After crooning songs and having thousands of women waste crushes on him, that zaftig Ricky Martin came out and said he was gay.  George Michale did the same thing. Elton John too. For every one that comes out, there's another still hiding in the closet because of judgemental holier than thous. They owe no one explanations or apologies for how their brains directed their sexuality. Another hundred years and it'll be a non-issue.  

haha. And these are very handsome and affluent guys that could have gotten any women on the surface of this earth.
I remember someone talking about guys turning gay because of low self esteem and inability to talk to women. These guys don't even have to say a word to a girl before they go to bed with them.
They are Gay and thats who they are.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2010
johnkent:

am an independent.
Oh okay. Interesting. So basically, for you, this whole thing boils down to the individual having more power than the society. Am I understanding correctly?
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by daroz(m): 10:50pm On Jun 02, 2010
jonhkent, surely I cant kill anybody for any reason, I just said that to show just how much sentimental I am towards homosexuality.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2010
daroz:

jonhkent, surely I cant kill anybody for any reason, I just said that to show just how much sentimental I am towards homosexuality.

Ever heard the expression, "he that protested too much?"

The raw hatred you're displaying here's a worry.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Oh okay. Interesting. So basically, for you, this whole thing boils down to the individual having more power than the society. Am I understanding correctly?
I have no clue wat u mean by having more power than the society. Nobody can have more power than the society. Like i have already said, they want basic human rights that are accorded to married heterosexuals.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by dexmond: 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2010
A mental condition. People are not born that way, occult scientists sold the dummy to people using everything it has including the government to force people to accept it. Humans have been brainwashed. man with man, woman with woman, where is procreation? test tube babies? artificial inseminations? what if this mental problem was common from the begining? can the human race survive this madness?
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2010
dexmond:

A mental condition. People are not born that way, occult scientists sold the dummy to people using everything it has including the government to force people to accept it. Humans have been brainwashed. man with man, woman with woman, where is procreation? test tube babies? artificial inseminations? what if this mental problem was common from the begining? will the human race continue?
Haha.
Thank God for science cuz alot of heterosexuals who couldn't have kids are able to have one.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2010
johnkent:

I have no clue wat u mean by having more power than the society. Nobody can have more power than the society. Like i have already said, they want basic human rights that are accorded to married heterosexuals.
. . back to this "rights" issue. . . Okay, well, the bolded is where I disagree with you. Those aren't basic human rights.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by dexmond: 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2010
There has always been science, just that the pioneers of science were men of conscience.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by Oba234: 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2010
The hate on this thread is ridiculous and to top it off, many of you guys claim to be Christian. Honestly, unless you are following everything the bible say from genesis to revelation without omitting any section, then you can criticize. Until then, worry about taking the speck out of your own eye before trying to pick the peck out of your neighbour's eyes.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2010
ChinenyeN:

. . back to this "rights" issue. . . The bolded is where I disagree with you. Those aren't basic human rights.

Basic human rights in the 21st century is more than just cloth, food and shelter.
Very soon, access to communication which includes internet and cellphones will be included.
Guys, this is not the dark ages.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
Still, the "rights" that you're speaking of, in regards to this particular topic, are not basic human rights.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by dexmond: 11:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
@ Oba
What hate? If a man sleeps with a 5 year old girl is it right? if a man sleeps with a goat is it not wrong? When a man leaves a woman for a man, is it not confusion?
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Still, the "rights" that you're speaking of, in regards to this particular topic, are not basic human rights.
for a married couple, the things that i listed are basic rights that they should also enjoy just like heterosexual couples. duhhh
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
Now you're jumping around from basic humanity to marriage (which is a social institution).
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by dexmond: 11:23pm On Jun 02, 2010
@ChinenyeN

Gini mere okpo nkwu na okpo ngwo?
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Now you're jumping around from basic humanity to marriage (which is a social institution).
marriage is also a basic right that we heterosexuals enjoy right
U have the right to marry whomever you want as long as they are atleast 18yrs old depending on ur state/country of residence.
In some states, the legal age of consent for marriage is 16.
So, why can't 2 consenting adult gay men get married
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by Oba234: 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2010
dexmond:

@ Oba
What hate? If a man sleeps with a 5 year old girl is it right? if a man sleeps with a goat is it not wrong? When a man leaves a woman for a man, is it not confusion?

are you really going to compare what two consenting adults decide to do with each other in the bedroom whether it's with the same sex or opposite sex and compare it to grown men that preys on innocent young children and take away their childhood or compare it with a man sleeping with a goat?
Okay, until, you can see beyond these, I am done discussing with you.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 11:29pm On Jun 02, 2010
Oba234:

are you really going to compare what two consenting adults decide to do with each other in the bedroom whether it's with the same intimacy or opposite gender and compare it to grown men that preys on innocent young children and take away their childhood or compare it with a man sleeping with a goat?
Okay, until, you can see beyond these, I am done discussing with you.

Thanks. Some of their arguments holds no water.
anyways, am outta here. Pool time.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2010
dexmond:

@ChinenyeN

Gini mere okpo nkwu na okpo ngwo?
grin Nnaa (o'u kwa i bu nnwookho?), o nweghi ihe mere okpo nkwu na okpo ngwa. What it is is just something that my people say when they're trying to inquire about someone's identity.

johnkent:

marriage is also a basic right that we heterosexuals enjoy right
U have the right to marry whomever you want as long as they are atleast 18yrs old depending on your state/country of residence.
In some states, the legal age of consent for marriage is 16.
So, why can't 2 consenting adult gay men get married
Not necessarily. No. Marriage is not an inalienable human right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin / "Village People" Fact Or Myth? / Oba Joel Sunday Daodu Kidnapped In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.