Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Dropped Nigerian Players! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dropped Nigerian Players! (6454 Views)

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 / Nigerian Players In South African League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by tkb417(m): 3:55pm On May 31, 2010
Why should Utaka/Kanu go ahead of Anichebe?
Nyways, my love to whoever wears our shirts

Now let's get down to biz and beat Argentina
Lol
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by jalether(m): 3:59pm On May 31, 2010
Utaka's preference over Anichebe appears to be the most controversial decision lars made.

ffs, Utaka is past his prime, he has failed to impress in the 2 friendlies and other recent matches, even a blind man could see that, victor brings something fresh

and dynamic to the squad, his attributes have already being highlighted by revious posters and should have taken utaka's place, I would have

preferred peter utaka ahead of his big brother in that squad.

Anyways, let's hope lar's knows what he is doing, atleast he got it spot on over Lukman, Kaita, Adeleye and Odiah's inclusion.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by honeric01(m): 5:28pm On May 31, 2010
Sagamite:

If it was Amodu that took Utaka over Anichebe, we would have had an outragefest by a lot of people.

The Utaka I see in EPL is utter useless.

But this is an oyinbo coach so I expect stifled opposition and rationalisation.

I remember clearly saying Amodu was in charge and since we were not in camp, we can never know why he picked Shittu over Adeleye.

When it was Amodu, no decision he took that was right in the eyes of some Nigerians, they kept shooting him down, someone should please explain to me why J. Utaka deserves to be on the 23 man list, we all knew how useless he was this season, even I.K Uche with his injury scored more than Utaka this season, Brown Ideyen also scored more than Utaka this season, what i don't understand is the rationale behind his being selected ahead of Anichebe and even his Younger brother.

All the same, let's see what Largerback's planned to do with his selection.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Kgdavid(m): 7:45pm On May 31, 2010
well apparently Anichebe is injured
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by henry101(m): 7:58pm On May 31, 2010
Why was IKECHUKWU UCHE left out?
Am just sad.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Kgdavid(m): 8:00pm On May 31, 2010
he is still recovering from injury as are Apam and Anichebe
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by tosinaded(m): 8:02pm On May 31, 2010
well aparently uche is injured, apam is injured so also is anichebe
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:46am On Jun 01, 2010
I don't believe all these injury stories been bandied around to explain the dropping of certain players.
Onyekachi Apam  - I agree he was injured.
Victor Anichebe - How come we didn't hear he was injured until after he was dropped? Did he cop his injury between tuesday and now? In the coming days the player will come out and reveal the truth.
Ikechukwu Uche - the guy had recovered from his injury and had even featured for his club so I refuse to believe he was dropped due to injury.

Kanu and Utaka's condition is worse than any injury. Their case be like paralysed patient confined to wheel chairs. They're dead logs of wood. Those guys should never have made the team.

I'm extremely dissapointed in Lagerback for including those two players and dropping Anichebe and Ike Uche.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by BloodShed1: 1:58am On Jun 01, 2010
semid4lyfe:

I don't believe all these injury stories been bandied around to explain the rationale behind the dropping of certain players.
Onyekachi Apam  - I agree he was injured.
Victor Anichebe - How come we didn't hear he was injured until after he was dropped? Did he cop his injury between tuesday and now? In the coming days the player will come out and reveal the truth.
Ikechukwu Uche - the guy had recovered from his injury and had even featured for his club so I refuse to believe he was dropped due to injury.

Kanu and Utaka's condition is worse than any injury. Their case be like paralysed patient confined to wheel chairs. They're dead logs of wood. Those guys should never have made the team.

I'm extremely dissapointed in Lagerback for including those two players and dropping Anichebe and Ike Uche.

Furthermore, remember the reason they gave for leaving out Victor Moses?
Do you really think he said say that he should go straight to the first team ahead of the rest? Someone can't be that silly knowing that a place in the World Cup squad is at stake.

That's very suspicious to me.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by tkb417(m): 6:23am On Jun 01, 2010
Even our home based players should have gone ahead of Kanu/Utaka
Its painful Anichebe isn't going but the coach knows more than everybody

He gets the plaudits/sticks, so let him do his stuff o

We must beat Argentina.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by IbrahimB: 8:10am On Jun 01, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Very true. Kanu, K. Uche, Utaka and Yakubu are all injured players even if the physio declares them fit.  grin
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by DrKitaun(m): 9:29am On Jun 01, 2010
Make una cool down jare . . .

What KANU and UTAKA can offer in d twinkling of an eye Eneramo, Obasi and Ideye cant give . . .these boys are gud enuff for their clubs, country nko ? U guys shouldnt be surprised that Utaka is in good shape and alongside Lukmon Haruna would take d world by surprise!
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by naso2(m): 9:52am On Jun 01, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Make una cool down jare . . .

What KANU and UTAKA can offer in d twinkling of an eye Eneramo, Obasi and Ideye cant give . . .these boys are gud enuff for their clubs, country nko ? U guys shouldnt be surprised that Utaka is in good shape and alongside Lukmon Haruna would take d world by surprise!

Thank you jare.

I miss APAM for sure because i would prefare an APAM-ADELEYE pair in the central defence any day, but if he is injured then the coach is helpless.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Kgdavid(m): 10:51am On Jun 01, 2010
semid4lyfe:

I don't believe all these injury stories been bandied around to explain the dropping of certain players.
Onyekachi Apam - I agree he was injured.

as for Anichebe, if you have ever played football at any level even backyard you will know that it does not take 90 minutes to get injured. all it takes is one second, one bad tackle, going up for one header and landing badly, an injury can occur at any time, even during the warm up.

Ike Uche was injured for 7 months and played 15 minutes for his club, 7 months is a very long time for a footballer and they say he is still going through the rehabilitation process. tough luck
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by tosinaded(m): 11:49am On Jun 01, 2010
who are all this peeps wey neva paly footie b4 sef? Any1 can get injured in a sec. . . Anichebe is injured simple.
stop askn foolish questions about how he got injured!!!

Robin Van Versie got injured for over 5months under 5mins in a w/c qualifier
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Kx: 11:53am On Jun 01, 2010
They said Kanu,Yobo, Utaka, Danny Shittu and Kaita are experienced
even when they were not being used in their various clubs?
Is it that European clubs dont know the importance of experience,that they prefer current form to experience? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by tosinaded(m): 11:57am On Jun 01, 2010
i dnt know of kaita and shittu

kanu and utaka. . . . had playing time towards the end of the season!!!
thats the only reason utaka made the list. . . before the nations he was off form.
came back towards the end of the seson,

Danny shittu. . .we saw wut he did at the nations cup!
or wld u rather take obinna nwanneri or injured apam?
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by manangel(m): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2010
Ike Uche is not Fit, Anichebe justain chin Injury in the match against Saudi Arabia, Peter cann't play as left winger while john can do that. So why the cry.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by hectorswag(m): 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2010
my business?? angry mchewww
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Kgdavid(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2010
man angel:

Ike Uche is not Fit, Anichebe justain chin Injury in the match against Saudi Arabia, Peter cann't play as left winger while john can do that. So why the cry.

a solid round of applause for your simply yet explicit summation.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by 9jafreak: 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2010
This Nigeria team is so FREAKING OLD lol

I mean same Used/Underperforming Players

**Fingers Crossed**

Anyway not my 1st team:

My favorite teams in WC ARE:

Spain

Holland

Nigeria in that order!
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by JoeMosco(m): 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2010
The team will realy miss Ike Uche. For the defence, I wonder who will 'hold' Messi.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by niceG: 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2010
I don't expect so much from dis team but I pray dey shine.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by bisiaet: 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2010
I think the coach knows better what he is doing let everybody just know that he must frop seven players and no matter who he drop some people will still query it and be unhappy but the fact remains that seven must go.

Though I felt for them but that is not the end of the world may be this is not yet their time and beside a couple of them he droped are injured players and he has made his decision clear not to take any injured player to world cup which is right.

About Yakubu their is tendency he did well in the camp and he is fit so lets see what he will do and about Kanu I think he is ok to go though he is old and tired now but he is an inspirational let the honour be given to him and as he is lready at the end of his International football career.

All I could say is to wish them goodluck.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by sylve11: 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2010
lars don take bribe again o shocked shocked shocked J . utaka cry cry cry cry after this w/c lars will be fired. who will bet on that? cool
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by alamsdee: 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2010
fellow nigerians, forget about Argentina, that is mission imposible, lets concentrate on scrapping thru to the 2nd round by beating South Korea and Greece, sa2010 is just a reflection of usa94 4 nigeria
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by hectorswag(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2010
ehn ehhhn!! cheesy
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by sizzlers(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2010
Nigerian dont see second round, any body want to bet?
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by Princek12(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
Sagamite,

Even though there are only about five players or so who differentiate the current Eagles and Amodu's Eagles, there are other noticeable differences. The current team is more organized, tactical, and Largerback choses players based on reason and logic. As a matter of fact, Largerback explained to each player the reasons why he dropped them from the squad.
Amodu, on the other hand, chooses players without reason, explanation, and based on the buddy system. Under Amodu, there was no organization on the field of play and players relied too much on luck to win. To put it plainly, "our luck ran out," said Osaze, who was frustrated after Eagles's exit from the Nations Cup. All he did was field 11 players and prayed for "luck." If Amodu were coach, he would have selected his final 23 over a month ago.
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by ChiefS(m): 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2010
Hope he was not under the influence of Lager Beer when he drew up the list angry
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by salesauto: 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2010
Super Eagle is about to surprise the world
Re: Dropped Nigerian Players! by legba1(m): 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2010
I just cant but marvel at guys comment when they dont have complete info on the issues at hand.ANICHEBE picked a knock on saturday training and that was why he couldnt play on sunday.even LB would love to take the guy but said his too prone to injuries. we all know IK uche is still match rusty and so will be a minus one.rather than kill the team, pls pray for their success coz wen they mis the chemistry we all suffer the heart-ache, we all suffer it.UP EAGLES AND UP NAIJA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Live Scores; Nigeria Premier League Mid Week Match / Burial Of Stephen Keshi Is On July 29th / NPFL: LMC Dismisses Rivers United’s Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.