Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. (32008 Views)

Pastor Okochi Chukwu Obeni Tortured In Ebonyi. 10 People Arrested / FRSC Officials Beg In Anambra As Angry Mob Beats Them After Motor Accident / Deadly Ritualist, Afrend, Who Has Killed 20,000 People Arrested (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by muckross(m): 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
The Decoy Team of the Rapid Response Squad has arrested seven barons for importing 8 physically challenged children into Lagos for begging on Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos.

The seven Barons along with 6 of their 8 beggars were arrested mid - day on Monday, after almost a week of monitoring.

Amongst the Barons arrested were: Sanni Isiaku (40), Abubakar Gahu (50), Abdullahi Mohammed (45), Nasiru Yusman (21), Mato Abdullahi (20), Nura Idris (17) and Sagiru Ibrahim (26).

The physically challenged children found in their possession are: Aminu Kabiru (12), Yusuph Nasiru (9), Amina Kabir (12), Ayuba Idris (12),

According to Mato Abdullahi, “I borrowed Amina Kabir from her mother who happened to be my sister. I bring her early in the morning to ‘Underbridge’ to beg. She begged while I wait around.

At the end of the day, we make between N3000 and N4000. Depending on what we made, I remove my own and I hand over the remaining to the lady.

Before, we make between N5000 and N6000. But now, things have changed. We don’t make up to that anymore. A lot of us are here now. Before you get to one car, another set of beggars have gotten there.

We have other people we settle daily. He is like our overseer. He has his own cut in what everybody makes. He comes through for us whenever there are problems like arrests.

According to Abubakar Gahu, “I use my son for begging. There are five of them. He is physically challenged. Three others are in school in Agege. The last one is still very young.

He is the one I use in making the money from begging. While his brothers go to school, I bring him here for begging. It is whatever we raise daily that we use in maintaining the family.”

The case has been handed over to the Gender Department of the Lagos State Police Command.

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/06/7-people-arrested-for-importing-physically-challenged-kids-to-beg-in-lagos/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
angry

In the north, begging is a legitimate business. Some established it like a conglomerate, having frontliners in different states

Ask the masterminds, they'll tell you they only came to establish a subsidiary right here in Lagos.

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by madridguy(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nigerians and funny kinda of hustle.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Aboki, una mates dey do yahoo and drug, na wetin una dey do be this abi?

12 Likes

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by hisgrace090: 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
Inhuman behavior
Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
According to Mato Abdullahi, “I borrowed Amina Kabir from her mother who happened to be my sister.

Na wa o, when she is not a piece of cloth!
SERIOUS HUMAN TRAFFICKING

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by Chuknovski(m): 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
naija united grin see the one on far right smiling for the camera, he probably thinks they will be employed to ministry of begging affairs, poor things

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by uzeba(m): 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
this one na full time job Ooooh..
3000 naira a day!!

nawa Ooooh...
3000 *30 =90000 (ninety thousand naira)
even some graduate never get this type of money ooo...
how will they stop it.. when minimum wage is still at 18000 naira!!
you can imagine!!

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by GreatDreams: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
Isn't that their major business? .....they only want to have a branch in Lagos like every other business do or probably make Lagos their Headquarter.

1 Like

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by dakeskese(m): 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hahahahaha
Begging is a noble profession in the north.

5 Likes

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
Allow aboki to invest peacefully now... U don't want them to develop the area?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by emeijeh(m): 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
Import indeed.

Namecheckers, have you arrived?
The names are crystal clear!

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by TheUbermensch: 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
They now import people? Interesting.

Someone with a kind heart in US or Canada should please import me.

5 Likes

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by islandmoon: 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
oh, so you dont know even chad people, mali and niger has been sending barons and disable here for okada business, as herdmen , beggers and fighers, look at the okada men, you will see jihadist from mali amoung them, the reason okada was banned in Jos

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by Wapgod(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
Wow,I can't talk
Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by neonly: 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
Buhari oooo
Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by BabaIbo: 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
May God help us
Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by itiswellandwell: 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
Na that importation dey funny me.
Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by Mille: 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
NwaChibuzor060:
Please what is their crime?. They only considered giving them a better life. The kids will be very happy coming to Lagos to beg than begging in gombe.

I never insult people online but permit me sir, To call you an Idiot.

What a stupid mindset.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by Emvico34: 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
ftc
Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by massinola(m): 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
Wetin these people de add to this country apart from confusion and backwardness?

6 Likes

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by labisibrass(m): 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
I blame Fredrick Lugard for this!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by Lawalemi(m): 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
This country can be tiring sometimes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
The kinda human beings God creates this our generation, no be small thing
Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by bedspread: 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
IMPORTING kids

Seriously.... Nigeria tire me

4 Likes

Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by sapeleboi(m): 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
hmmm names are clear
Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by tayo4ng(m): 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
hustle is real
Re: 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos. by ogorwyne(f): 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
Human importation. embarassed what will I not hear in this country?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iyaloja Of Ijebu Ode Assassinated / Wife Pays Assassin N10,000 To Kill Her Husband In Osun (Pics, Video) / Gunmen Kill Nigerian Man In Mozambique, Steal His Money, Bury Him In Bush (Graph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.