Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon (515 Views)

Fiction: My Child by I May End Soon / Your Perfume Is A Problem By I May End Soon / Read the fiction: My Big Girl Dream By I May End Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 07, 2018
........[/b]
Re: Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 07, 2018
[b....b]
Re: Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 07, 2018
CHAPTER THREE

Mara eventually agreed! And they went deeper into the lives of each other; knowing some things about each other which they never knew before. On different occasions would Mara and Kelvin spend time together. And one of those occasions is that which bechanced in the home of Kelvin. Both of them were in the house! Night came; Kelvin declared his intention to visit the bathroom. He was going to go have a shower before he would sleep. Mara was left alone in the bedroom; left alone to her thoughts! She was now in a relationship; meaning that she has now given the experience she did not like to fall into another chance to repeat itself. This guy could leave her any day! He could do the same like the other guys did. And that would be number three. How would the experience be like? How was she going to feel? What was going to happen? Mara sat there on the bed as different thoughts went through her mind. And Ah! There was a particular one that came; a thought that would cause Mara sorrow whenever she would think about it.

(Flashback)

Mara was in her bedroom watching television. Her father came in with two bottles in his hand. Both of them were the only people in the house. Mum had travelled. This was when Mara was still living with her parents.

“Mara, how are you?” said her father.

“I am fine daddy, thank you.” said Mara.

“Actually, I have left the living room and I want to go to my room. I just want to check on you before I go to bed.” said her father.

“Thank you daddy. But daddy, what are those in your hand?” said Mara.

“Oh! This? I have been drinking. The night is cold so I decided I would have a drink. And seriously, I love the experience. Today, I saw a friend and he had introduced something to me. It is called Codeine!” said her father.

“Codeine? Is that not a cough drug?” said Mara.

“That was what I also knew about it. Until I was told there is more to it. And trust me, when I added it to my drink this night, I loved the experience. I am going into my room to go continue with it. In fact, I have subscribed to this. I will be using it from tonight on. I really like it!” said her father.

“Really? But daddy, I am also feeling cold.” said Mara.

“Oh! Why don’t you join me and let us have it together? Have a taste of this. Trust me, you will love it!” said her father.

“Okay, daddy. Thank you!”

Mara and her father sat on the bed to take the drink. Check on them some minutes later, you would find both of them drinking!

Raising and educating children is one of the duties required of parents. Allaah has enjoined that in the Qur’aan, and the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also enjoined that. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allaah, but do that which they are commanded”
[al-Tahreem 66:6]

(From islamqa.info)

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave the parents the responsibility of raising the children and made that obligatory upon them.
It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Each of you is a shepherd and each of you is responsible for his flock. The ruler is a shepherd and is responsible for his flock. A man is the shepherd of his family and is responsible for his flock. A woman is the shepherd of her husband’s household and is responsible for her flock. A servant is the shepherd of his master’s wealth and is responsible for his flock.” He said: and I think he said, “A man is the shepherd of his father’s wealth and is responsible for his flock. Each of you is a shepherd and is responsible for his flock.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 583; Muslim, 1829.

(From islamqa.info)

(Flashback ends)

Mara was crying already! Tears! Tears! What an experience! She wished she never had such in her past. Kelvin was done in the bathroom and he came back. He saw her! Unexpected! Face dry before he left and now it was tears. What could be happening? Kelvin moved closer to her.

“Mara, this is tears rolling from your eyes. You don’t look alright. What is wrong?” said Kelvin.

“Nothing!” said Mara.

“Come on. Mara, don’t do this to me. Don’t tell me nothing. I can never be satisfied with that answer. You don’t look alright. You don’t look like there is nothing. What is wrong? Please tell me.” said Kelvin.

“I was actually thinking about my past.” said Mara.

“Your past? What about your past?” said Kelvin.

“The experiences I had with the previous men. I am afraid. I am afraid history may repeat itself.” said Mara.

“Ahn Ahn, Mara. So you mean by now, you have not still trusted me? Do you still think I will leave you? Don’t you trust me?” said Kelvin.

“I trust you, Kelvin. It is just that it brings me sorrow whenever I remember them and I become afraid that it may happen again.” said Mara.

“Mara, please trust me. The story will be different this time. It will not happen again, okay?” said Kelvin.

“Okay!” said Mara.

“Please wipe your tears. I dislike beholding your face in a countenance like this.” said Kelvin.

Kelvin wiped the tears off his lover’s face. He disliked beholding… wait; do I have to repeat that? I continue! And Mara and Kelvin continued with their relationship. Kelvin truly loved her. He really did not want to leave her. In fact, he could cry if Mara was the one who left him. It seemed to Mara like he was telling the truth about his feeling towards her; that he really loved her. It seemed to Mara that he was not going to leave her like he had said. But Hmmm…. Hmmm Hmmm! What is it? There was something Kelvin had not yet known about her!

One afternoon, Mara visited her friend. Adele was the only close friend that she had. Close friend; she would even share some of her secrets with her. She trusted Adele that much! What a trust! Anyways, Mara arrived at Adele’s house and knocked on the door. There was no response! And it came again! Knock! Knock! Knock! There was still no response! Mara had called her earlier and she had said she was at home. Was she out or was she in? Mara knocked on the door again! Hits after hits! The door was still not opened! If Adele was in, then what was happening with her? Should she go in? Or she should leave and come back? Maybe, she should give her a call. What would Mara decide to do? Mara was going to find out what was going on in the house! Handling the door, pushing it forward, Mara got in. The living room was empty of a human being! Nobody! Was Adele in that house? Mara looked round the house and her attention was caught! White leaf with black ink on it! Mara got interested in the paper that was there on the centre table in the living room. What was on it and who was it for? Mara moved closer. Steps after steps! What was she going to see? Hmm! What was going to happen that day? Mara got the paper and looked at it! Oh! It was a medical report! Mara could understand the report on the paper. In addition to that, she could see Adele’s name written on it! The report was for her friend!

But where was she? Mara was curious. She decided she was going to further her search! Mara dropped the paper on the table and went inside. She got into the bedroom. What did she see? What did Mara see?

Nobody! There was no one in the bedroom. Living room empty of people; bedroom empty of humans. So where next? Where could Adele be? While Mara was thinking, all of a sudden, she could hear some sounds! She heard it; the brain interpreted it; it seemed to Mara like someone was throwing up! It was from the bathroom! Someone was home! And there came another sound! Heard it; brain interpreted it; Mara concluded this sound was different from the previous! What was it? It seemed to her like the sound of rushing water. Mara moved from the spot where she was. She was going to see what was going on! Perhaps, someone need help! Mara moved closer to the scene. And there she was! With who? Adele was alone! But what was wrong with her? As Mara saw her friend doing what she was doing, Mara smiled. There was something that was likely to be the reason why she was throwing up! Mara left the spot where she had been peeping on her friend and went to stand somewhere else away from there in the bedroom. All these while, Adele did not know someone had been around! Adele was eventually done in the bathroom and would go to the bedroom. Adele stepped into the bedroom and she saw her friend. It was somewhat shocking! Surprising!

Unexpectedly, Mara applauded Adele; wearing a smile on her face. “Perhaps, she had become aware.” Adele thought. Adele was afraid! What was going to happen between her and her friend? Were they going to have a fight? Or was it only going to be a verbal confrontation. Anyways, Adele decided whatever it was that Mara would bring or do against her, she would face it! Why was Adele clapping anyways?

“Hmm! Mother – to – be! Congratulations!” said Mara.

“What do you mean?” said Adele.

“Ahn Ahn, what do you mean by what do I mean? Even if I had not seen you throwing up in the bathroom, I had seen your pregnancy reports in the living room. Adele, you are pregnant! Congratulations my friend!” said Mara.

Mara moved closer to Adele and embraced her. Afterwards, she made Adele sit on the bed and she sat as well.

“So Adele, tell me. Who did it? Who got you pregnant?” Mara said.

The answer to that question seemed heavy for Adele, especially because Mara was involved. But she managed to answer it anyways!

“My… My…. My boyfriend!” said Adele.

“Your boyfriend? And which boyfriend of yours is that because it has been long since I saw a guy with you?” said Mara.

The answer to that was heavy too. Was she going to answer it? Perhaps, she would ask Mara to leave her alone! She said something anyways. But what was her answer?

“Actually, I… erm….. We…” said Adele.

“Never mind Adele! Whoever it is, this has happened already! All the same, I am really happy for you, my friend. Congratulations!” said Mara.

Mara embraced Adele again. And that was it. Adele was pregnant!

Adele and Mara went on chatting and doing some other things and eventually, Mara left her friend and headed home. Back at home, Mara received a call! Jimmy! Her friend! You remember Jimmy? You know how he was; what he did? Anyways, Jimmy called. And Mara picked up!

“Hello, Mara!” said Jimmy.

“Hello, Jimmy! How are you?” said Mara.

“I am fine, thank you. And you?” said Jimmy

“I am fine too, thank you. Anyways, why have you called?” said Mara.

“Mara I want to ask you for something and I will be glad if you can give it to me; as your friend. Will you do this for a friend?” said Jimmy.

“I have not even heard it. Tell me what it is, and I will decide if I want to do it or not.” said Mara.

“Okay! Mara, I want to pay you a visit. I just want to visit you – you know – as a friend and we could just have a good time. Do you mind me coming over to your house to pay you a visit?” said Jimmy.

“You want to pay me a visit? If you are going to assure me that you will not try to walk out of the friend zone which I have put you, then you can come.” said Mara.

“I understand you Mara. Trust me, I am not going to go past the limits. Just want to come over and have fun with you; get together as a friend!” said Jimmy.

“Okay! You can come. When are you coming?” said Mara.

“How about tomorrow evening?” said Jimmy.

“It is okay. You can come over.” said Mara.

“Oh! Thank you very much! I will be there tomorrow evening. Goodnight!” said Jimmy.

“Goodnight!” said Mara.

The call ended. Mara was feeling tired. She dropped the phone on the bed; no more social media that night. She was going to sleep! She yawned, grabbed her blanket, set her pillow and laid down to sleep. It was not long that she dozed off!

Mara was still alive until one morning, when Mara was not feeling happy. Something was happening that she did not like. She did not like it; it was causing her to be afraid. Mara stood by the window with such a sad face as she watched some things going on around her. As birds flew across; as vehicles moved past on the road; as different individuals were walking on the road. Mara was missing someone! She was sad! She was afraid! Kelvin had not been picking her calls! And not only that!

(Flashback)

Knock! Knock! Knock!

The gate opened; a man had opened it.

“Oh! Madam! You are welcome. So why are you here?” said the gateman.

“What do you mean why am I here? Don’t you recognize me or is this the first time I am coming here? I have come to see Kelvin!” said Mara.

“Ah! Madam, Mr. Kelvin is not around!” said the gateman.

“Really?” said Mara.

“Yes. He is not around. He has out.” said the gateman.

Mara peeped into the compound and saw something. She was curious!

“But are these not his two cars still in the compound? Or did he trek to where he went to?” said asked Mara.

“Madam, Mr. Kelvin is not around. That is what I can say. So you cannot see him.” said the gateman.

“Okay! Let me come in. I will wait for him.” said Mara.

“No!” said the gateman.

“No? What do you mean by no? Why can I not go in?” said Mara.

“Mr. Kelvin has said I should not let anyone in. No one should enter into this house except whoever he orders me to give chance to. So, madam, you cannot come in.” said the gateman.

“No one including me?” asked Mara.

“Yes! He said no one, whosoever it is, must not enter this house unless with his permission. May be you should call him to tell him you are here. If he gives me the order to let you in, then I will.” said the gateman.

“Call him? But I have been calling his number and he has not been picking up?” said Mara.

“I am sorry there is nothing else I can do. I cannot let you in madam. Have a nice day and take care!” said the gateman.

SLAM!!! The gateman slammed the door! Mara was not let into Kelvin’s house. Kelvin’s house! She felt something was wrong.

(Flashback ends)

Mara thought about what she was going to do. Kelvin was not picking up and she was not let in into his house. How could she reach him? She was going to try again. And she went; she was going to Kelvin’s house.

END OF CHAPTER THREE
Re: Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 07, 2018
CHAPTER FOUR

Mara was walking on her feet towards Kelvin’s house and her sight caught something! Four tyres; black colour; the gate was opened and a car was driven into the compound! Mara could recognize it; it was Kelvin’s car. Who was in it? Was that Kelvin? She was going to find out! The gate was closing; slowly did it go! It would soon close! Mara hastened her steps. She wanted to get in. It was Kelvin’s house; her lover’s house. Before Mara could get there, right in her sight, the gate was shut. Oh! Did that mean she was not going to get into that house that day? Mara approached the gate and knocked on it. Afterwards, the gatemen showed up.

“Madam, good afternoon!” said the gateman.

“Good afternoon, I am here to see Kelvin.” said Mara.

“Oh! Mr. Kelvin is not around!” said the gateman.

“What? Is that not his car that was driven in just now? Is Kelvin not in that car?” said Mara.

“Madam, I cannot answer those questions. Mr. Kelvin is not around and that is it!” said the gateman.

“Okay! Can I come in?” said Mara.

“Oh! I am sorry, I cannot allow that. Mr. Kelvin has not given permission for you to come in. You cannot come in.” said the gateman.

“You must be joking! I must get inside there today!” said Mara.

Mara struggled at the gate, trying to force it open as the gateman was preventing that from being done. There was noise at the gate as that was going on. The gateman would not yield; his boss had given him orders. Mara was not going to yield either.

“Madam, please respect yourself! Respect yourself! I don’t want to embarrass you. You cannot come into this house. I will not allow it.” said the gateman.

“You are joking! I must go in there today! I want to see the person in that car.” said Mara.

The people in the car that had driven in had been hearing noise at the gate. Who was it? Who was the gateman struggling against? The one who was on the driver’s seat stepped down from the vehicle.

“Richard, what is happening there and who is that?” he said.

“Boss, it is madam. I told her she cannot come in except you give permission but she is trying to force her way in.” said the gateman.

“Kelvin! Is that not you? Your gateman had told me you are not around! What is going on? Ask him to let me into this house.” Mara said aloud.

“Richard, leave her. Let her in.” said Kelvin.

“Okay, boss!” said Richard, the gateman.

Mara was eventually let into the house. That was Kelvin! He was alive! He was around! So what was going on? Why would he not pick her calls? Why would the gateman not let her into the house; Kelvin’s house! Mara was curious. She moved closer to Kelvin.

“Baby, what is wrong? What is happening? You have not been picking my calls and I have been denied entry into your house until you gave permission that I come in. It was not like that before. What is going on?” said Mara.

“Mara, why are you here?” said Kelvin looking stern.

‘What? Why am I here? This is not my first time of coming here. And besides, you have not been picking my calls and I have come here to check on you. Kelvin, what is wrong?” said Mara.

“Mara, I am telling you now that I don’t want to see you here anymore. Whatever space that you think you had in this house or in my life, trust me, you don’t have it anymore. I cannot continue with someone like you. Mara, I am done with you! It is over!” said Kelvin.

Shocker! Shock! What did she just hear? Was it happening again? Was history repeating itself? Would that be the third on the list? Mara was beginning to weep. Not again! For awhile, she did not utter a word. She just gazed at Kelvin in surprise as tears rolled from her eyes. Mara was troubled!

“Kelvin, from you? Is that coming from you? Does that mean you are no more keeping to what you have told me in the past? That you loved me dearly; that you were not going to leave me; that your story was going to be different? How come this is coming from you? Is this happening the third time? Kelvin, please tell me, why have you decided you would do this? Why are you calling it over between us? What have I done?” said Mara.

Kelvin pointed to the car. Mara looked at direction he was pointing at. What did he mean by that? Mara could not make out!

“Kelvin, what do you mean by that? What are you pointing at?” said Mara.

“An answer to your question is in that car, Mara. Wait and see for yourself. (He then called out to someone in the car) Honey! Please step down.” said Kelvin.

The door was opened! First step out; it was a high-heeled shoe. Mara thought it would be a lady. And so it was! The figure stepped out of the vehicle and appeared to Mara. At the sight of who she had seen, Mara was overwhelmed with shock! What? The lady started walking towards them and Mara watched in her astonishment. Mara was curious!

“Adele! Kelvin, what is Adele doing with you? What is she doing here?” said Mara.

“Mara, calm down. You see this your friend here caused me not to want continue with you.” said Kelvin.

“What do you mean?” said Mara.

“Okay, let me tell you what happened.” said Kelvin.

(Flashback)

Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

“Yes, I am coming!”

The door was opened and the one who had knocked was revealed. It was such a surprise visit; that could be read from Kelvin’s face. Why had Adele come? Adele stood there and smiled at him. Both of them did not utter a word for awhile. Afterwards, Adele broke the silence.

“Are you surprised to see me?” said Adele.

“Urm! Yes! I was not expecting you and the gateman did not tell me it was you.” said Kelvin.

“Does that mean I am not welcome in your house?” said Adele.

“Oh No! Not that. Of course, you are welcome. Please, come in.” said Kelvin.

“Thank you!” said Adele.

Adele was let into the house. And it was both of them; together in the house. No one else! Adele was offered a seat. Adele had not informed Kelvin of her coming neither had she ever stepped into Kelvin’s house. Kelvin wondered why she had come!

“So what would you like me to offer you?” said Kelvin.

“Brandy!” said Adele.

“Brandy? Okay! I have it. Let me go get it.” said Kelvin.

“And please bring along two cups because I would like us to both have it together, if you don’t mind.” said Adele.

“Okay! No problem. I don’t mind. I will be back.” said Kelvin,

Kelvin went in and came back with the bottle of the drink and two glass cups. The drink was served and both of them were drinking! Kelvin had not yet known or could not yet make out why Adele had come. Kelvin was curious to know; but Adele was not disclosing it. She went on talking about the house, some of the things in it and some other things. Why was she there? Kelvin was curious. Eventually, Kelvin gave it a shot!

“So why have you come?” said Kelvin.

“Why have I come? I came to pay you a visit or don’t you like it if I pay you a visit?” said Adele.

“No. Not really! Just that it was unexpected and unusual. But if that is why you have come, there is no problem. I am even glad you made move to check on me.” said Kelvin.

Adele smiled and looked at Kelvin in such an alluring manner. Kelvin was stuck! Captivated at what he was seeing! The reality of what was happening dawned on Kelvin and Kelvin bowed his head and lowered his gaze. It seemed like it was going too far. Such countenance from Adele was too amorous! What was she intending? Kelvin had bowed his head and was gazing at the floor. He wanted to look no more. All of a sudden, he heard a sound – seeming like glass. A glass-like sound! Kelvin looked at the direction where it had come from and he could see that Adele had placed her glass cup on the table. Glass cup – glass table! The sound of glass! There it was! Anyways, what did that strike in his mind? Nothing so serious! It was not strange that she would place the glass cup on the table. But what happened afterwards was strange!

Bowing his head, Kelvin could see Adele’s legs. All of a sudden, the position in which the legs were changed. Kelvin looked closely! What was happening? Kelvin looked closely and his brain could interpret that the legs he was viewing before him were moving closer to him. Footstep after footstep; the legs got nearer and nearer. Until they were close! Kelvin knew his eyesight was not defective neither was he dreaming. He had seen what was really happening! The legs were close. Thoughts ran through Kelvin’s mind in relation to this that was happening before him. In his thoughts, Kelvin eventually felt something touch and rub around some point of his body. Hmmm! Kelvin was not a kid! He understood well what games Adele was playing!

“Adele, I am sorry we cannot do this. This cannot happen between us.” said Kelvin.

“Kelvin, what is wrong with you? Why are you acting like this? This is enjoyment for you; come on, grab it like a man!” said Adele.

“Adele, we cannot do this! But, you know I am in love and already in a relationship with your friend.” said Kelvin.

“And what has that got to do? Kelvin, if it happens, it is not a new thing under the sun! And I am not even saying that you should leave Mara! You can continue with her and you and I will go on with ours. It is even for your benefit; for your own enjoyment! You will enjoy two ways. Come on, grab it!” said Adele.

“What if Mara finds out? I have told her I will not betray her love and I am not going back on my words. I love Mara and I won’t allow anything come between us. This cannot happen!” said Kelvin.

“Kelvin, don’t worry! We are going to make it secret. There are some strategies we would follow up on; some plans that we would devise. We would do it secretly. Mara is not going to know! Come on!” said Adele.

Adele tried to force herself on Kelvin but Kelvin resisted. He pushed her away!

“Get out you LovePeddler! So this is who you are? I was even thinking you were someone honourable and decent. I never knew you were such a LovePeddler! Listen even if I would do this; even if I would cheat on Mara, it would never be with a shameless LovePeddler like you. I don’t deal with indecent ladies like you. I only deal with a lady with dignity; ladies with decency; ladies with honour!” said Kelvin.

At that, Adele burst out laughing. Kelvin stood there in determination to keep to his stance. He was not going to do it! But why was Adele laughing anyways?

“Look at this guy! Did you just say you only deal with a lady of decency and dignity? Looks like there is something you don’t still know. Hmm! Kelvin, you are in the dark. There is something being hidden from you! If you say you dont deal with an indecent lady, then who do you think Mara is? Kelvin, that your lover called Mara, how decent is she?” said Adele.

“Adele! I am not a fool! I can sense what you are doing! You are trying to cast some doubts in my heart about the decency of Mara. You want to come between us! Look here, you cannot succeed. I know my Mara very well. Oh! What a decent girl! Adele, no matter how much you try to bring her down in my eyes, Mara still remains with that decency with which I know her.” said Kelvin.

She laughed again.

“Kelvin, I am sorry to say, you are a fool! You say you are not, but it is just a pity that you are. A fool you are! Wait, let me ask you. Have you ever asked Mara the reason why her previous boyfriends had left her? Has she ever told you something about her past that had caused her to part ways with her previous boyfriends?” said Adele.

“Look here; that is who they are. This is a different person. As for me, I love Mara dearly and I am not going to leave her. The story will be different this time and you will see!” said Kelvin.

“Oh! Kelvin, you are really ignorant of something. I really wish you know it but it seems you know it not. Look here, let me tell you something. Her previous boyfriends also proclaimed that they loved Mara dearly! They also showed love to Mara. They seemed like they were not going to leave her. With the way the relationship was going, it rarely crossed the mind that they would eventually part ways. I mean no one saw it coming. But when they got to know something about Mara, trust me, they could not keep to their words! It seems it is because you don’t know it that is why are still holding on. Kelvin, trust me, if it becomes known to you, you would not be able to take it!” said Adele.

“Okay, tell me what it is.” said Kelvin.

“Kelvin, I want to ask you a question. Where is Mara’s father; her own biological father?” said Adele.

“She told me he is late.” said Kelvin.

“What did she tell you was the cause of his death? What or who killed him?” asked Adele.

“I don’t know. She did not disclose that to me!” said Kelvin.

“Ehn Ehn! You see! She did not tell you! If she had told you the truth about that, trust me, Kelvin you will not wait. You will run!” said Adele.

“Adele, please explain to me. What exactly are you talking about?” said Kelvin.

“Kelvin, would you believe me if I tell you? Would you not say that I am lying to you?” said Adele.

“Adele say it! Let me know what it is.” said Kelvin.

“Okay! There was a day Mara came to my house.” said Adele

END OF CHAPTER FOUR
Re: Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 07, 2018
CHAPTER FIVE

(Recall; from Chapter Four)

“Adele, please explain to me. What exactly are you talking about?” said Kelvin.

“Kelvin, would you believe me if I tell you? Would you not say that I am lying to you?” said Adele.

“Adele say it! Let me know what it is.” said Kelvin.

“Okay! There was a day Mara came to my house.” said Adele

(Flashback)

Mara went visiting Adele in her house. This was some time after the death of her father. That was the first time Mara and Adele would see each other after the death of Mara’s father. Mara was with Adele in the house. They were chatting!

“And I am sorry for your father’s death. Really sorry!” said Adele.

“Oh! Thank you very much.” said Mara.

Mara’s face changed and she had such a sad countenance. Adele could perceive it.

“You seem to not have gotten over it. You look sad. Mara, please get over it. Death is inevitable. Every human shall taste it. Your father is gone and there is nothing you can do about it. Please, put it behind you and move on with your life, okay?” said Adele.

“Thank you, Adele. But there is something about my father’s death that is making me sad. It is about how he died. I feel grief whenever I remember it; and that still happens until now.” said Mara.

“What is it about how he died?” said Adele.

“Adele, I wish it never happened. I wish I never did it. But I was really angry.” said Mara.

“Mara, what are you talking about? Please, tell me. You are my close friend and we have been together for long. Tell me what it is. What did you do?” said Adele.

(Flashback)

The morning came. It had been such a sleep. Mara’ eyes were opening. Her consciousness was being revived. Mara’s sight fell on different places in the bedroom. As her consciousness was being revived, something eventually struck her mind. The memory of the event of the previous night! Mara had been drinking! Mara’s consciousness was being revived and all of a sudden, her attention was caught by something which had been lying on her! Was her blanket this heavy? If it were pillows, how many pillows would it be? Mara could feel something heavy lying on her. The consciousness was being revived. And there it came! The awareness! The awareness of a sound which she was hearing! It was coming from somewhere close to her ears. Was there a frog in the house of what? Trying to discern what it was, it seemed to Mara like a snore! Mara got curious! She tried to discern what was going on! Mara looked to her right! She could see something like a bush. And the bushy thing was black! Close to the black bush, Mara could see a piece of flesh! Looking closely and feeling it, it was the ear of a human being! Mara was curious! Mara examined part of what she could view of this load that was lying on her and she eventually came to the realization that it was a human being! What? What was the person doing in her bedroom? Why was the person lying on top of her? Who was this person by the way? Mara tried to think! The thoughts went different directions until she could remember that she was with someone last night! She had not had the drink alone last. She had been drinking with someone. Someone close to her! Someone she was very familiar with! Who was it? The picture of someone she recognized as her own father came to mind. Oh! It was daddy! Mara was alarmed.

“Daddy! Daddy! Get up! Get up!” Mara said as she tapped her father on his back.

“Ehn? Ehn?” her father was awake but not yet fully conscious. Her father rose from Mara’s body and sat on the bed.

“Daddy what happened? What has happened to us?” Mara said in her panicky state. She was thinking of something; something serious! Something she would not like to happen. Perhaps, it had happened. Mara was anxious.

“I don’t… I don’t understand what you are saying. What do you mean?” said her father.

“Daddy, open your eyes and be conscious. Please, hear me out. I woke up to meet you lying on me. What were you doing? What did we do?” Mara said.

Daddy was regaining consciousness. The realization of what had happened dawned on him. He had been lying on his daughter. Doing what? There was one way they could find out. There could still be traces left. Mara and her father checked on themselves! And Hey! It seemed like it had really happened! In other words, if a child was born as a result, the child will be a product of incest! Mara and her father were troubled! Mara burst out crying and her father looked at her with pity. They both regretted what they had together the previous night.

“Mara, I am very sorry. Please forgive me! I would not really want to do this to you if not for what happened!” said her father. He tried touching her to console her.

“Get your hands of me! Haa! This is sad! My own father – with me? Daddy, what did you think you were doing? Why would you ever want to do this to me?” Mara said in her tears.

“Mara, ordinarily, I would not want to do this to you. It is because of what we had. It is just so unfortunate we did not see this coming. We could have avoided it. We could not have taken that drink together like we did! Mara, please forgive me! And besides, I am not totally at fault in this. We both have our share. Mara, I did not force this on you. I can remember our situation last night. How close we were; how we were feeling. You did not also control yourself, Mara.” said her father.

“If I did not control myself, could you not have done that? Are you not a man and are you not older? Would the effect that that drink would have on you not be lesser than what it would have on me? Daddy, this should not have happened between us. I feel so sad! What if I get pregnant?” said Mara.

“Mara, please calm down. What has happened has happened already. If it so happens that you get pregnant, we will abort the pregnancy. It will be gone! And as from now on, we have to check and rectify our relations in this house. This must not happen again! Mara, I am sorry!” said her father.

Mara’s father tried to console her daughter. What a sad moment it was for both of them. What an experience! Incest!

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), and gambling, and Al-Ansaab (stone altars for sacrifices to idols, jinn, etc), and Al-Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaytaan’s (Satan’s) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful”
[al-Maa’idah 5:90]

Allaah has cursed the drinker of alcohol. In Sunan Abi Dawood (3189) it is narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has cursed alcohol, the one who drinks it, the one who pours it, the one who sells it, the one who buys it, the one squeezes (the grapes, etc), the one for whom it is squeezed, the one who carries it and the one to whom it is carried.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani as stated in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2/700.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) likened the one who is addicted to alcohol to one who worships idols. It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who is addicted to alcohol is like one who worships an idol.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 3375; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, 2720.

In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (2295) and Saheeh Muslim (86) it is narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one who commits zina is a believer at the moment when he is committing zina, and no one who drinks wine is a believer at the moment when he is drinking it, and no thief is a believer at the moment when he is stealing, and no robber is a believer at the moment when he is robbing and the people are looking on.” This means that such a person is not a believer in the sense of having complete faith, rather his faith is greatly lacking because of this evil action.

One afternoon, Mara was at a hospital. She was there in the doctor’s office. A test had been run! She was waiting for the result! Curious! Troubled! Afraid! Mara tried to study the doctor’s countenance, perhaps she would have inkling about what was in the result. The doctor was smiling! Seeing the doctor smiling, it was somewhat a relief to her. Her fear and worry mitigated to an extent. The doctor was smiling. It seemed like good news. But in Mara’s case, the reason why the doctor was smiling would be a reason for Mara to cry!

“Madam, you are four weeks pregnant. Congratulations!” said the doctor.

Mara gazed at the doctor with so much grief on her face. She wanted to say something. She wanted to confirm if she understood the doctor well. But even before she could do that, she could not hold back the tears that were already rolling down her cheeks. Mara engaged the doctor in such a sad, shaking voice. Her words were uttered amidst tears.

“Doc…. Doctor! Do you mean… do… you mean I am preg… pregnant?” said Mara.

“Yes, madam. You are six weeks pregnant. And I say congratulations once again.” said the doctor.

“KEEP YOUR CONGRATULATIONS!!!” Mara said as she fiercely hit the table before her. The doctor was taken by shock and fright! It was obvious that Mara was not happy about the news.

“Oh No! Nooooo! Nooooooooo!” Mara said as she faced the ceiling and cried.

“Madam, please take it easy. Madam, are you alright? Madam…”

Before the doctor could finish, he saw Mara’s head suddenly move and her gaze diverted towards him. Shock and fright took him! The face was looking so fierce! The doctor was alarmed! What was she going to do next? A flower vase on the table! Overwhelmed by fear and panic, the doctor grabbed it; kept it. To avoid stories that touch! Perhaps, she was going to smash it on his head! Hel looked at Mara and a fierce countenance could still be read on her face. Hey! What else would he take away? There were various things on the table; the doctor decided he won’t further his bother with them. She was upset! He was going to plead with her!

“I am sorry. I am really sorry!” the doctor said.

“Arrrgghhh!” Mara yelled and rose from the seat. Right In his sight, Mara stormed out of the office! The doctor was relieved. She was gone!

Mara eventually got home. It was at night! Mara was in the kitchen. Cooking or doing the dishes? None of them! She was there in her thoughts. Mara leaned against a structure in the kitchen as she was in her ponder. She was pregnant for her own father! It was no joke! To Mara, it was a cause for sadness. Mara contemplated on what was next? The pregnancy was there; her father had got her pregnant. No need to hide away from the reality. Mara thought and eventually, she concluded she was going to abort the pregnancy!

The thought that Mara was going to go for abortion coupled with that of her past experience with her father turned on some ill feelings in her; about her father. Mara’s thoughts about her father were like; Look at what he had done to her. Look at what he had made he go through! Look at what she was going to go through because of what happened between them (abortion). He had caused her grief. He had made her sad. Her father had caused her sorrow. Mara was not pleased with him! Animosity grew in her heart for him. Oh! Her father! Mara’s ill feelings for her father were transported to urges. Her body had been stimulated; her mind determined. Her heart felt pain; she was going to revenge for the pain. Mara felt strong urge to do something to about the situation. She was going to do something! She was going to do something! She was going to do something! Yes! She had arrived! Mara’s look feel different places in the kitchen until it arrived at it. Ah! That was it! Mara rushed to grab it! She got it. Mara was going to push on! No going back! She was going there! She would not stop! What she was holding was dangerous! Danger! Danger!! Mara eventually found her way into one of the rooms in the house. She could hear the snores. She could see the figure lying on the bed. She could see that he was asleep. Job made easier! She was not going to struggle to hard to get it done! Mara looked at the figure snoring on the bed and she was angered at the sight of him. This man! This man! She was going to do something to this man! And on did she go! Mara climbed slowly onto the bed as she did not want to wake him up. Like she was targeting a mosquito on his body! Like that mosquito was going to die that day. Mara already had a weapon in hand! Was she going to use that for a mosquito?

Mara went until she had climbed on her father! Hey! What was the man going to do if he saw her like that? Had he not said that they should try avoiding whatever would make history repeat itself? What was Mara doing? Was he going to push her off if he woke up to meet her kike that? There was no codeine this time. He was alright and firm! He would not allow it! Perhaps, he was going to send her out of the house if he caught her trying at it. How was she going to explain to her that she was there for a mosquito if a mosquito was why she had done that? Having climbed on her father, she was not going to waste time. The urges in her were strong! She was going to do it. Mara held it firm with her right hand and raised up!

“Arrghhh! Arghhhh! Arghhhh!” someone groaning.

“Hmm! Hmmm hmm! Die! Die! Die!” Mara said as she stabbed in repeatedly.

Up and down did it go! Blood! Blood! Mara’s father was in trouble! Mara was pushing it in and brining it out! Penetration after penetration! Her father would produce a sound like “Arggh” at each strike that he received. Strike went after strike and something like “Arrggh” went after something like “Arrggh” until there was nothing more – that sounded like “Argghh”! Mara held it! She looked at his face closely. She felt his chest. She checked on his breathe. Negative! The urges in her heart began to die down. Haaa! What had she done? Hey! Don’t you act like you don’t know what you did Mara. You have just murdered your father!

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) advised us not to get angry, i.e., to avoid the causes that lead to that and to be careful of what may result from that.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Advise me.” He said: “Do not get angry.” He repeated his question several times and he said: “Do not get angry.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5765.

The Muslim should be above getting angry for his own sake or for the sake of anyone other than Allaah, because that may lead to regrettable consequences either in this world or in the Hereafter, or in both.

(Flashback ends) (Back with Mara and Adele in Adele’s house; remember!)

“Haa!” (Adele covered her mouth) So you mean you murdered your father?” said Adele.

“Yes, I did. I was so angry and felt the great urge for revenge. And I did it. Haa! I curse that night that I had that drink with my father. It could have been a different story if that had not happened.” said Mara and she burst into tears.

Adele moved closer to her friend to console her. That was Mara with Adele – Mara had shared such a secret with her.

(Flashback ends) (Back with Adele and Kelvin in Kelvin’s house remember!)

Kelvin was taken by shock! What! What had he just been told about Mara?

“So you mean, Mara murdered her own father?” said Kelvin.

“Yes! Mara was the one who killed her own father!” said Adele.

“So what happened to her pregnancy?” asked Kelvin.

“She aborted it! If she had given birth to the child, the child would be a product of incest! Now tell me, Mr. lover boy. Mr. “I love Mara”! Is that the kind of lady you want to marry? Do you want to be part of such family having that in their history? Would you like to become part of a family where they have such story to tell? Would you like it if such story is told about Mara if you eventually marry her as your wife in the future? Now tell me Kelvin, do you still love Mara? Are you really not going to leave her?” said Adele.

Kelvin did not reply. He was in such a confusion as he watched Adele give such a wicked laugh! Kelvin’s love for Mara got mitigated. The affection got weak! The resolve to continue with Mara lost balance! What was he going to do?

(Flashback ends)
Re: Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 07, 2018
CONTINUATION OF CHAPTER FIVE

The basic principle is that it is obligatory to conceal one’s faults, and that a person should not expose himself when Allah has concealed him; rather disclosing that may come under the definition of committing sin openly, and Allah has warned the one who commits sin openly that He will deprive him of His pardon.

Speaking about your sin and flaunting it openly in front of your friends is haraam, and is a major sin. It is one of the ways of spreading immorality among the Muslims, encouraging evil and tempting others to do similar things. It also means that one does not take sin seriously and regards it as insignificant, and that the sinner is damaging his own reputation and exposing his honour to the slander of others. Islam seeks to put people off from doing such things in the strongest possible terms, as in the following hadeeth:

Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “All of my ummah will be forgiven except those who sin openly. It is a part of sinning openly when a man does something at night, then the following morning when Allaah has concealed his sin, he says, ‘O So and so, I did such and such last night,’ when all night his Lord has concealed him and the next morning he uncovers what Allaah had concealed.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5721; Muslim, 2990).

We advise you to repent sincerely, and if you are tested with any kind of sin, do not speak openly of it or brag about it. You should be aware of the greatness of the One against Whom you are sinning, seek forgiveness for your sin, weep for the error of your ways and adhere strictly to the path of Allaah. Beware of despairing of the mercy of Allaah. If you adhere properly to the religion of Allaah, you will have glad tidings of goodness in this world and in the Hereafter. We ask Allaah to help us and you to do that which He loves and is pleased with. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

If you want to look for a wife for someone, or a husband for a woman, then you can ask him about his wishes, such as the desired age, level of education, employment situation, country and origin and position of the family, and whether he has any preferences about her general appearance, such as skin colour, height, etc. The most important characteristic to ask about is a person’s level of commitment to Islam. This kind of useful question is fine.

But asking for details of a person’s past and wanting to know what sins they might have committed when they were ignorant about Islam – this is not right at all. Allaah covers people’s sins and loves to see them covered (i.e., not dragged out into the open). So long as a person has repented, his sins have been wiped out. Islam deletes whatever came before, so why should we ask questions that will only embarrass people? Allaah accepts people’s repentance without their having to confess or expose their sins to any other person. A number of the Sahaabah had committed adultery and murder repeatedly, or had buried infant girls alive, or stolen things, but when they entered Islam they were the best of people. No one needs to be reminded of a shameful past; it is over and done with, and Allaah is the All-Forgiving, Most Merciful. What matters when considering a person for marriage is how that person is now: is he righteous or not? Has he cut all ties with his past and his wrong deeds, or not? If he is clearly living a good and righteous life now, then it is wrong to dig up the past. If there is any fear of anything that could have future implications, such as certain diseases and so on, then there are medical tests which can give the answer and put your mind at rest.

The fiancé or husband has no right to ask about his wife's past. It is sufficient for him that she is righteous and is known for good at the time of marrying her, and there is nothing wrong with her religious commitment or chastity. As to whether she did anything haraam in the past, but then repented from it and became righteous, it is wrong to ask her about that and make her choose between telling lies or getting divorced, or make her tell her secrets and disclose that which Allaah had concealed for her, then if she tells him the truth, that opens the door to doubt and suspicion.

What some people call for, of each spouse being frank with the other and telling them of things in the past that Allaah has concealed, is wrong and ignorant. Rather they should be pleased that Allaah has concealed it and they should praise Allaah for it.

(Back with Kelvin, Adele and Mara at Kelvin’s house; remember!)

“What? Adele you? You expose me! You exposed my secret!” said Mara.

“Yes, I did. And for your information baby girl, I was the one who told your previous boyfriend what they did not know about you. I also shared the secret with them too” said Adele.

“You did?” asked Mara in her shock.

“Yes, I did it. And I don’t even feel sorry for that. I have no apology to make!” said Adele.

“But Adele why? What have I done to you? I treated you like a sister. I trusted you! I entrusted some of my deepest secrets with you thinking I could trust you. You betrayed my trust in you. Why? What have I done?” said Mara.

“Oh! You don’t know what you did? You don’t know why I did all that? I did it to take my revenge on you. You know what you did to me? You made me lose out on something big! You discouraged me from getting my hands on something I wish I had! It was you! If not that I followed your stupid advice, I would not have lost out on such opportunity! I did all that to take my revenge on you!” said Adele.

“Adele, what are you talking about?” Mara said in her confusion. She could not make out what Adele was referring to..

“Oh you don’t remember? You don’t remember what you did to me?” said Adele.

(Flashback)

“Adele, who is that guy I saw with you?” asked Mara.

“Oh that one? He is a guy I met in that club we went last week!” said Adele.

“Really? Do you guys now talk?” said Mara.

“Yes! We had exchanged digits that day and we have been talking since then.” Adele said smiling.

“What do you guys talk about?” said Mara.

“Ha Ha! Mara! You like going into details.” said Adele.

“So I cannot ask you, right? It is okay!” Mara said looking somewhat angry.

“Come on! Okay! I am sorry. Actually he told me he likes me.” said Adele.

“And?” asked Adele.

“And that he wants to be in a relationship with me. He even said if I agree to date him, it will not be long before he will introduce me to his parents as the one he wants to marry. It looks like this guys really loves me. Mara, I am also in love with him. Can’t you see? His looks; his bearing; his personality! I love this guy. And besides, he is such a rich guy. He even gave me some money. Have a look! (Adele brought out some currency notes from her bag) Mara, this is a big catch!” said Adele looking happy.

“Hmm! Adele, I advise you to be very careful and tread softly. Not all that glitters is gold. Remember where you met this guy. At a club! And I know the club too. That place is frequented by people involved in illegal dealings. You don’t know who that guy is and how he makes his money. Perhaps he does money rituals! Perhaps, he will use you for money rituals one day.” said Mara.

“Really?” said Adele.

“It is possible. You don’t know who he is. He may just use you for rituals and that is how you may just die! I advise you don’t give this guy your love. Don’t give him a chance. He may be dangerous. Perhaps, he will bring serious bitterness into your life and make you feel regretful in future. Adele, please think well. A word is enough for the wise.” said Mara.

(Flashback ends)

“And how is that supposed to mean that I caused you harm? How does that deserve any revenge from you? I was only trying to be good to you. I wanted tour safety. I did not want you to fall into a regrettable condition. I was after your wellbeing.” said Mara.

“Mara, I did not give that guy a chance because I followed your advice. And guess what? I later found out who that guy was? That guy is a son to minister of education in this our country. Do you see what you caused me to lose out on? I had fallen for that guy and I was going to say yes. But because I followed your advice, I lost out on something big. And ever since then, I have not seen anyone approach me. No other guy after that guy has ever approached me for a date let alone talk about marriage with me. But you were there enjoying your love life and relationship experience with your own boyfriend. Do you think I will be pleased knowing that? No! I then decided I was going to try to come in between you and whoever it is that you will ever be in a relationship until I am satisfied. And for your information, this man here is my new lover and this pregnancy in me is for him! I have snatched him from you. Mara, that place that you had in this house or in his life has been take away from you! Now get out of here now!” said Adele.

“Aaarrrrgh! ADELE! ADELE! I will destroy you!” said Mara hitting her legs against the ground in anger.

“There is nothing you can… Haaaa!”

Before she could finish, Adele met self on the ground. Mara had speared her down. As a girl of greater strength and courage than that of Adele, Mara overpowered her. She sat on her and was giving her hits after hits. Perhaps, you are wondering what this guy called Kelvin was doing! He had been at it; trying to get Mara off Adele. But Mara was strong! She did not yield! It was not easy! Adele kept screaming underneath as Mara dealt with her. Marks sustained as a result of some of the hits were already visible on Adele’s face. Mara would not stop. She wanted to hurt her more. This guy was afraid. The matter was serious. He had to get this lady off his new lover. She had his pregnancy in her. Kelvin exerted more strength and efforts and eventually he could lift Mara off Adele. But Mara was hell-bent on hurting her. As Kelvin had grabbed and lifted her up, Mara grabbed the chance at her legs. Mara targeted Adele’s belly and kicked at it repeatedly as Adele screamed in pain. She was going to destroy whatever she had in her. Kelvin thought there was still more for him to do. He struggled with Mara until he got her some inches away from Adele. And that was how Adele stood up awhile later! In fact, it was more of springing up. Ehn! She no go gree! She was going to get back at Mara. The fight was not over. She was not going to give up. Mara must pay. Adele looked around and her sight caught one stick lying on the floor somewhere in the compound. Adele quickly reached for it. She was bringing it. She was going to hit it! Mara had broken free from Kelvin’s hold and was standing alone. Mara could see it coming as Adele was bringing it. She feared not! She stood firm! She was going to fight her regardless! Adele rushed forth. And up did the stick go and was going to be brought down on Mara’s head!

“No! Don’t do it!” Kelvin yelled.

Mara fell to the ground. It was such a surprise for the other two. Why were they surprised? Mara had fallen to the ground but the stick was still hanging up in the air and had not come down. Adele had not hit her. She had not touched her! What was going on? Perhaps, Mara was playing a trick!

“Kelvin, I have not touched her. I did not hit her.” said Adele.

“Yes, I could see that.” said Kelvin.

“So what is wrong with her?” asked Adele.

“I don’t know.” said Kelvin.

Kelvin bent to check on Mara. She was unconscious. How come? Was she not the one displaying those skills earlier? What were they going to do? He breathing had not ceased! But she was not conscious. Mara was taken to the hospital!

END OF CHAPTER FIVE
Re: Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 07, 2018
CHAPTER SIX

At the hospital, she was being attended to by a doctor and some tests were run on Mara. Kelvin and Adele were afraid. This girl must not die! That was trouble! After some time, they were both called into the office. They were going to see the doctor in respect of the lady they had brought.

“Mr. Kelvin, how are you to that lady?” said the doctor.

“That one? She is our friend; a friend to both us. Why do you ask doctor?” said Kelvin.

“Well, that lady in the ward is pregnant!” said the doctor.

“WHAT?” both of them said.

“Yes. She has been confirmed pregnant. Congratulations anyways!” said the doctor.

Adele and Kelvin looked at each other. Shocking! Surprising! Troubled! But the cause for them being troubled was different for both personalities. Adele was thinking about Mara being pregnant for Kelvin. How would they do it? What was going to happen? Would Kelvin take them both as his wives? Were they going to extend their friendship to becoming co – wives? Would Mara agree to abort the pregnancy if they asked her to? Adele was troubled! If that was the cause of being troubled for Adele, then what was it for Kelvin and in what way was it different?

(Somewhere in the compound of the hospital)

“Kelvin, I am troubled. What is going to happen now? What will happen to us? Or are you going to tell Mara to abort he pregnancy? The thought that Mara is pregnant for you is troubling me a lot. What shall we do?” said Adele.

“It troubles me too. I don’t even understand. Mara is pregnant for me? That is impossibe! Mara can never be pregnant for me.” said Kelvin.

“What do you mean?” said Adele.

“Adele, I have never touched Mara. We never did it. I had promised her we would only do it after marriage so she could be assured that I really loved and wanted to marry her.” said Kelvin.

“Oh! So you mean you have never had it with her? You have never touched her?” said Adele.

“Yes. I promised to do that only after marriage and I have been keeping to it. So that girl had been cheating on me? Ahh!” said Kelvin.

Kelvin stormed off! He was going to meet her in the ward. He wanted an explanation! Adele went after him. She was feeling relieved.

Mara was sitting up on the bed all alone in the ward. The funny thing was Mara herself was confused! Baffled! Befuddled! Pregnancy as in how? How come? Mara was bemused! Mara herself sat on the bed as she contemplated on what she had heard about herself which she had no knowledge of. It has been months! After she had parted ways with the last guy before Kelvin, she had not done it! The door opened! Mara looked up as Kelvin walked into the ward. Eye ball to eye ball! The connection clicked. Kelvin was going to confront her. He was going to know who had been rivaling with him. But amazingly, Mara herself could not say.

“Mara, so this is who you are? So you have been cheating on me? You did it to the extent that you got pregnant for another guy. Shameless of you!” said Kelvin.

Mara thought of what to say. How was she going to say it? Would they believe her? It was somewhat heavy for her to say but she eventually said something.

“Kelvin, please believe me. I don’t understand how it happened. I don’t know how this happened. I am myself confused!” said Mara.

“Mara, shut your dirty mouth, you LovePeddler! What do you mean? Did the pregnancy fly into your womb? How could it have happened if not that you had slept with a man? So shameless of you!” said Adele.

“Adele, you dare open your stinking mouth to call me shameless? After all what you did? After how shameless you yourself have become?” Mara said to Adele.

“Shush! Don’t you dare talk to my fiancée like that! Shameless LovePeddler! Now look here, I am calling it over between us. What am I even saying? It is over already!” said Kelvin.

“Then get out of here!” Mara said defiantly.

Kelvin and Adele got shocked! Who had just spoken and what had she just said?

“Yes! Get out of here! I am also no more in need of you. In fact, I never wanted you. Look at you! Talking to me in that manner? Were you not the same one that knelt down for me to give you my love? Were you not the one that would talk like you were going to cry when you were asking me to give you my love? Because I gave you the chance, you are now feeling like a man!” Mara said.

“Oh! Mara, so this is who you are? Anyways, it is over! It is over!” said Kelvin.

“Then get out! You think I am going to beg you? Who are you? You are out of my life. Get out now before I call someone on you. Bunch of idiots!” said Mara.

“Shameless woman! Shame!” Adele said as she clapped her hands at her face.

“You too shameless! You were so lucky this your toy was there that day that I got my hands on you. I would have finished you. Betrayer! Get out! Both of you get out now!” said Mara.

“Honey, leave her! Let us leave!” said Kelvin.

Kelvin and Adele left the ward. Soon after they had left, Mara burst out crying. Even if she had spoken defiantly at both of them and acted like she felt no pain because Kelvin chose to break up with her, she could not hide from the reality. Mara was pregnant and she did not know how or who did it!

Mara was eventually discharged from the hospital. Mara went home. Who got her pregnant? What was she going to do about the pregnancy? Mara thought and thought. Who could it be? And AH! Mara remembered something! Someone had been in her house sometime ago!

(Flashback) (It was at Mara’s house. You remember that Jimmy had called declaring he wanted to visit Mara? He eventually made it. Mara and Jimmy were now in the house)

Mara and Jimmy laughed. They had been chatting and drinking juice. Afterwards, Mara yawned!

“Hmm. This your yawning, is it because you are hungry or you are feeling sleepy?” said Jimmy.

“I don’t think I am hungry. Looks like I feel sleepy.” said Mara.

“Oh! Then let me go and leave you so you can rest. We have had such a nice time and I loved it. Thank you very much for giving me a chance at an experience like this.” said Jimmy.

“Oh. It is my pleasure. You are also fun to be with.” said Mara.

“Oh! Thank you! So am leaving now.” said Jimmy.

“Okay! (She yawned again) Let me see you off.” said Mara.

Jimmy stood and headed towards the door. Mara followed! Mara had somewhat lost firmness. She was feeling sleepy. Mara was walking behind Jimmy to the door when she suddenly fell to the floor. She lost balance. Jimmy looked behind him to see Mara on the floor. He went to attend to her.

“Mara, are you alright.” said Jimmy.

“Erm.. I… I feel sleepy (she yawned)”

“Let me help you to that couch so you can sleep on it.” said Jimmy.

“Oh! Thanks.” said Mara.

Jimmy helped Mara to lie on the couch. Then he went towards the door. Standing by the door, Jimmy bade good bye to Mara. Mara responded. And right in Mara’s sight, even in her drowsiness, Jimmy got out of the room. To Mara, Jimmy was gone. Shortly after Mara slept off.

(Flashback ends)

Wait! Could it be? Could it be what Mara was thinking? Mara was curious. How was she going to find out? Mara decided she would go visit Jimmy at home. She knew his house already. And off she went!

(At Jimmy’s place)

Mara was off to Jimmy’s house and she arrived the compound. Jimmy’s apartment was at the ground floor. Mara had not visited Jimmy before. She could see a door and she could see a window. Mara moved closer to the apartment. Mara knocked on the door. Afterwards, the door opened. Jimmy was home!

“Oh! Mara, this is a surprise visit. I am so excited with what I am seeing. You are welcome. Please come in.” said Jimmy.

“Thank you!” Mara said and walked into the house. Jimmy offered Mara a seat but Mara declined.

“Why don’t you want to sit down? Come on, please feel at home. Have your seat.” said Jimmy.

“No. Don’t bother. I have actually come here to discuss something with you.” said Mara.

“And you won’t have your seat?” asked Jimmy.

“Jimmy, I am fine standing. Don’t bother.” said Mara.

“Okay, if you insist. So what have you come to discuss with me?” said Jimmy. He went to sit on one of the couches in the house.

“Jimmy, I am pregnant!” said Mara.

“Really? So who got you pregnant?” asked Jimmy.

Mara had devised a plan on how she would engage Jimmy so she could get the truth from him if he was the one who did it. She used a trick.

“What do you mean who got me pregnant? Of course, you are the one who did it.” said Mara. Mara looked straight into Jimmy’s eyes anticipating what he would say. Jimmy was somewhat shocked. Mara was pregnant for him?

“Mara, I don’t get you. What do you mean you got pregnant for me? But we are not dating yet. We are only friends, remember?” said Jimmy.

“Yes, I know. But what you did to me that day, this is the result. I have become pregnant.” said Mara and she looked him straight in his eyes. Jimmy stared back. He was feeling uneasy. He felt trapped! He felt like he had been caught! What would he say next?

“So… So, you mean… you mean you are aware of what I did to you that day?” said Jimmy.

Mara got her answer! Her search was over! It was Jimmy! She thought as much. Mara felt something in heart. She felt heart- softened. She was moved to tears. Mara looked straight at Jimmy’s face as tears began rolling down her cheeks.

“So, you mean you are actually the one who did it? You are the one who got me pregnant?” said Mara.

Jimmy thought he had been trapped. Was he going to go back on his words and say no? Was he going to say he was joking?

“Yes, I did it. Mara, I am very sorry for that. I am really in love with you and I am moved when I see you. I really want to have that experience with you but you were not giving in. So I had to grab the chance when I saw it to satisfy my urges. I am sorry.” said Jimmy.

“Wait Jimmy! How did you even do it? How did you have your way?” Mara said in her tears.

“Drug! I had drugged your drink when you left me in the living room the day and went inside. After I had left that day, I did not really leave. I was around. I came back peeping at you from your window and I saw you were asleep. I then walked into the house and checked on you and I saw that the drug had worked on you. So I did it. I am sorry Mara.” said Jimmy.

Mara bowed and held her head as she cried. But did Jimmy know what Mara had done to her father? Perhaps, if he knew, he would not have done that. Mara had gotten angry!

“Mara, I am really sorry. Please forgive me.”

“Arrrggggh!” Mara yelled. Jimmy was shocked.

“Arrggggh!” She yelled again. Jimmy was there in his shock seeing her yelling like that. She looked fierce.

“Arrrggh! Jimmy, you are going to die!” Mara yelled at him.

Mara grabbed her bag and brought it out. Yes! She was with it. All the way from home! Mara rushed towards Jimmy who was already afraid at the sight of the knife.

“Haa! Mara, please don’t do this. Don’t do… Haaa! Haaa! Haa!”

Mara stabbed Jimmy repeatedly. Afterwards, she withdrew from the business when she sensed something about Jimmy. He was no more speaking! Mara examined Jimmy. She realized the reality! For the second time in her life, Mara had killed someone!

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No man should be alone with a woman unless there is a mahram with them.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1862) and Muslim (1341).

The Prophet of Islam (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No man is alone with a woman but the Shaytaan will be the third one present.”

Mara was taken by panic at the realization that she had murdered Jimmy. What was she going to do? Mara grabbed her bag and ran out of the house. Ran out of Jimmy’s apartment, out of the compound and out to the road. And…

JAM!!!

(Noise in the neighborhood)

“Haa! Someone has been knocked down!” someone said.

“Someone should call for an ambulance!” another said.

“Let us take her to the hospital.” Another said.

“Is she still breathing? Is she dead?” said another person.

“Yes, someone should check on her if she is still breathing.” Another said.

“Haa! She is dead! Hey look, you have killed someone. You have killed someone.” Someone said.

“Hey, come and carry your dead meat. You have killed her. Carry her!” said someone.

“Yes! Carry your meat oo.” said someone.

“Haa. It was unintentional. This is an accident.” said the driver of the vehicle.

Mara had ran into a moving vehicle. She had been knocked down. Blood flowed from her nostrils and mouth as she lay on the ground. And eventually, the end came for Mara. Mara died!

{Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do.} [16:97].

{And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life} [Ta-Ha 20:124].

However, whatever of Islamic rulings, fatwas and texts that were provided above does not justify that getting engaged or becoming a fiancé or fiancée to someone like the way it had happened between the characters above is right. Rather, Islam has its own rulings that govern how a man can get engaged to a woman. There are guidelines laid down by Islam on how a marriage can take place between a man and a woman. And this applies to whatever is there in the story that is against the rulings of Islam. The above story was only used to set an example to illustrate the teachings that have been given above.

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

THE END

PRAISE BE TO ALLAAH, THE LORD OF THE WORLDS. THE ONE AND THE ONLY ONE WHO IS WORTHY OF WORSHIP. THE ALMIGHTY, THE GREATEST.

MAY PEACE AND BLESSINGS OF ALLAAH BE UPON THE NOBLEST OF MANKIND, THE SEAL AND BEST OF ALL PROPHETS, THE GREATEST OF ALL HUMANS THAT HAVE EVER AND WILL EVER SET FOOT ON THIS EARTH, PROPHET MUHAMMAD.

INDEED, THERE ARE TWO THINGS WHICH IF A HUMAN BEING FOLLOWS AND HOLDS ON TO THEM, HE WILL NEVER BE LED ASTRAY. INDEED, THEY ARE THE QURAN (WORD OF ALLAAH) AND THE SUNNAH OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PEACE AND BLESSINGS OF ALLAAH BE UPON HIM)

(1) (Reply)

Résumé, Étude et Analyse de Femmes des Villes africaines de Raymond Deniel / The Proposal / (NAME ONE NOVEL AND SOMEONE WILL QUOTE WITH THE AUTHOR). HAPPY SUNDAY PALS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.