Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D (33940 Views)

Falana On Grazing Routes: Under Land Use Act, FG Only Controls FCT / Falana On Abacha Loot: Nigerian Government Refuses To Account For $4 Billion / Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by 49cents(m): 10:02am On Jun 07, 2018
isbish:
Which ever way you look at it, PMB did what his predecessors refused to do. This will good very well with the Yoruba nation and at this time, who wouldn't want to further appease these great people of the South West? They know how to play politics and so far, they are reaping it all good at all fronts. Our Igbo brothers, look inward and learn how to play politics, which is a give and take game.

Igbos should learn from the Yorubas. Politics is all about interest. You can let go of your hatred and disdain for a leader and even pretend that you like him to get what you seek in politics. That's the idea not continuous and never ending generationally passed on hatred and slanders against others you share the same country space with.

I rest my case. June 12, I will relax at home and celebrate with the Yorubas.

i completely agree with your post and for once i completely believe that Buhari is spot on despite the fact that i am no fan of his adminisration

i
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by gurnam: 10:02am On Jun 07, 2018
History will be kind to PMB for this historic decision
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 07, 2018
isbish:
Which ever way you look at it, PMB did what his predecessors refused to do. This will good very well with the Yoruba nation and at this time, who wouldn't want to further appease these great people of the South West? They know how to play politics and so far, they are reaping it all good at all fronts. Our Igbo brothers, look inward and learn how to play politics, which is a give and take game.

Igbos should learn from the Yorubas. Politics is all about interest. You can let go of your hatred and disdain for a leader and even pretend that you like him to get what you seek in politics. That's the idea not continuous and never ending generationally passed on hatred and slanders against others you share the same country space with.

Those who hate people are usually the first to call out others, for hatred.
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by seunmsg(m): 10:07am On Jun 07, 2018
AreaFada2:

Let us be realistic here.

Death of Abacha and subsequent death of Abiola put pressure on the North/military. Had Abacha lived nothing for happen. He already spent almost 5 years in power and all parties had already adopted him as presidential candidate. All the protests and NADECO notwithstanding. He even killed Ken Saro Wiwa join am sef.

The whoring and cross-carpeting political class would have joined Abacha govt in their droves. Nothing for happen.

If we both agree that the death of Abiola contributed to the pressure on the north/military to return Nigeria to democratic rule. What then is wrong with honouring Abiola who paid the ultimate price for our democracy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Charly68: 10:07am On Jun 07, 2018
Hypocrisy indeed ..
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:08am On Jun 07, 2018
isbish:

@ bolded is that not hypocrisy

You talk as if it is only the Igbos that is speaking against Buhari's mal-administrations undecided

When he did the right thing irrespective to the tribe didn't majority hail him

So also he would have being receiving accolades if he has being in the right!

You guys should stop this mediocrity already please!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 07, 2018
isbish:

Is it wrong to spite your political enemy? Or is it also wrong to seek to gain the favour of the Yorubas by doing what OBJ himself refused to do? What za heck are u talking about dude?

You are a hypocrite. up there, you were calling out Igbos, saying its wrong for them to spite Buhari. then when it comes to buhari spiting others, you defend him to be right. Sycophancy
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

@ bolded is that not hypocrisy

the same person was asking another, whether it was wrong for buhari to spite another person? but he forgot he called out Igbos for spiting buhari
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Okoroawusa: 10:12am On Jun 07, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
I commend the President for remembering June 12, only those who did not witness Osu Abiola will think otherwise.
Obasanjo was given the president as a compensation for the June 12 issue, to pacify the Yoruba nation.
Obasanjo in his all about me nature, never deemed it fit to honour what brought about his struggle.

May God bless the President and the Federal government.

As for that hypocrite, His time is coming.
Nwa nna,it's "Oso Abiola" pls correct it on ur post.

No Igbo will forget that August of 1993 as a result of June 12 annulment.
Lots of igbos died,robbed at Ore,Benin or Onitsha and many never made it back to Lagos after the whole saga

Buhari got this right

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 07, 2018
seunmsg:

You people should stop making everything about ipob. This thread is about heroes of Nigeria and not enemies of Nigeria who have made or are still making effort to break up the country. Please don't derail this thread with your ipob talk.

Lol oh so the Igbos are enemies of Nigeria.. I see.
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by seunmsg(m): 10:16am On Jun 07, 2018
ikennaf1:

Igbo's are not enemies of Nigeria and I never insinuated that in anyway. However, people who are advocating for the break up of Nigeria are enemies of the country. They deserve no honour from the Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Segol: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2018
HIP HIP HURRAY. LONG LIVE MR. PRESIDENT. MAY MR. PRESIDENT NEVER KNOW SORROW ALL THE DAYS OF HIS LIFE

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by gurnam: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2018
ikennaf1:

Are you by any stretch of imagination saying all Igbos are Ipob?
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:23am On Jun 07, 2018
ikennaf1:

the same person was asking another, whether it was wrong for buhari to spite another person? but he forgot he called out Igbos for spiting buhari
Hmmmm double standard no mind am as if na only Igbos dey speak against Buhari

Danjuma and Taraba State governor are in the US now speaking against his mal-administrations

OBJ, Fayose, Fani Kayode even El-rufai (once did) also did the same and so many others too but his BMCs will also make it an ethnic thing just to justify their 30k

Even most northerners are more against Buhari than the IGBOs

Nobody with conscience or feelings for others would side Buhari except those reaping the masses deeply while closing their eyes to Buhari's atrocities undecided

IT IS THE VERY LITTLE CABALS WITH Nigerian money and resources at their disposal that is pulling all these stunt

Forget! Northern people no like Buhari. They even hate him more than the Igbos it's certain! Not hearsay

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:24am On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:

May 30 should answer your question

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by gurnam: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

May 30 should answer your question

What is May 30? Ipob day ?
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:

What is May 30? Ipob day ?
No it's your brain day tongue tongue

You better wake it up

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Deputy1111(m): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2018
Greyworld:
What democracy are we talking about? June 12 democracy handover never saw the light of day but May 29th ushered in the democracy we re "enjoying" so what is the biggy?

Buhary is tryin so hard to spite Obj, and seek yoruba vote notin mur because that man there doesnt understand the slightest concept of democracy and that is putting it mildly.

If the man there [Buhari] doesn't understand the slightest concept of democracy,.....what will you then say about Obasanjo and Jonathan.....they understand ?
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by mysteryman2014: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2018
The ease of changing democracy day from May 29 to June 12 is a course for concern. While not condemning the act but I fear that of there is a change of government, the date can easily be changed again.

This kind of changed need to be passed as Bill from the executive to the legislative, debated and passed as a law with the executive consent. That way revoking it will be difficult.
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:

Let the May 30 sit at home remembrance day be your answer.
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by gurnam: 10:44am On Jun 07, 2018
ikennaf1:

Let the May 30 sit at home remembrance day be your answer.

Lmao! You clowns are really something else

Ok, now we know, you are angry with this PMB move because you are ibo and by extension an Ipob

Good
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by ufuosman(m): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2018
Kudos to buhari
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2018
seunmsg:

Igbo's are not enemies of Nigeria and I never insinuated that in anyway. However, people who are advocating for the break up of Nigeria are enemies of the country. They deserve no honour from the Nigerian government.

Igbos have chosen 30th May as remembrance day for people that died in the genocidal war against Biafra. You opposed that and your excuse was about breaking up Nigeria. the remembrance is not Ipob remembrance day. It is for those who lost their lives in the genocide.
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

[s]Hmmmm double standard no mind am as if na only Igbos dey speak against Buhari

Danjuma and Taraba State governor are in the US now speaking against his mal-administrations

OBJ, Fayose, Fani Kayode even El-rufai (once did) also did the same and so many others too but his BMCs will also make it an ethnic thing just to justify their 30k

Even most northerners are more against Buhari than the IGBOs

Nobody with conscience or feelings for others would side Buhari except those reaping the masses deeply while closing their eyes to Buhari's atrocities undecided

IT IS THE VERY LITTLE CABALS WITH Nigerian money and resources at their disposal that is pulling all these stunt

Forget! Northern people no like Buhari. They even hate him more than the Igbos it's certain! Not hearsay
[/s]
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Greatzeus(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2018
Omeokachie:
Falana has again failed to consult his law books before jumping in emotionally.

Can a dead person be awarded the GCFR?
So you know the law more than him
An elderly stateman,human right activist and a successful lawyer,SAN for that matter,yet you couldn't help but to be disrespectful.
Most of you guys have no iota of respect , even to the parents who raised you. A useless phone charger seller like you.
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by KESO2: 10:51am On Jun 07, 2018
isbish:

Do not rise up and librate yourself/generations from the suppressing and hatred hands of your enemies. Keep licking ass while you enjoy the slavery because they will NEVER accept you till the end of the time. You think they will willingly let you live in Aso Rock one day? Lolzzz
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:

Lmao! You clowns are really something else

Ok, now we know, you are angry with this PMB move because you are ibo and by extension an Ipob

Good

I'm not angry whatsoever because I don't have reasons to be. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in the move. Buhari was an influential person in the government that murdered abiola. for such a high profile person to be murdered, serious stake holder meeting must have been conducted and influential people agreed to it. it's just like a Lai Mohammed coming tomorrow to decorate Nnamdi Kanu in order to get eastern support.

it is a bitter pill to buhari to swallow in order to get what he wants, given that he has always loved abacha and what he stood for.
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by seunmsg(m): 11:08am On Jun 07, 2018
ikennaf1:

Igbos have chosen 30th May as remembrance day for people that died in the genocidal war against Biafra. You opposed that and your excuse was about breaking up Nigeria. the remembrance is not Ipob remembrance day. It is for those who lost their lives in the genocide.

Those who lose a war cannot dictate a date to commemorate their loss. Americans have no special day to celebrate Robert Lee, Jefferson Davis and other Confederate losers. You can only advocate for such a day when you finally achieve your Biafra and not while still under Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 07, 2018
seunmsg:

Those who lose a war cannot dictate a date to commemorate their loss. Americans have no special day to celebrate Robert Lee, Jefferson Davis and other Confederate losers. You can only advocate for such a day when you finally achieve your Biafra and not while still under Nigeria.

OK
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by hmuhammad(m): 11:19am On Jun 07, 2018
DeOTR:
I don't see how this translates to an achievement, for those who have brain.
If this is Buhari has to offer after three years in office, he's in for shocker next year.
do you have PVC? I thought Igbos do not vote..... whether you like it or not, PMB will win 2019
Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by gurnam: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2018
ikennaf1:

I'm not angry whatsoever because I don't have reasons to be. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in the move. Buhari was an influential person in the government that murdered abiola. for such a high profile person to be murdered, serious stake holder meeting must have been conducted and influential people agreed to it. it's just like a Lai Mohammed coming tomorrow to decorate Nnamdi Kanu in order to get eastern support.

it is a bitter pill to buhari to swallow in order to get what he wants, given that he has always loved abacha and what he stood for.

Lolz, all of a sudden, you want to turn to an Abiola defender.

You all will be alright las las grin

Re: Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D by docadams: 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
truthfulparrot:
To be truthful. PMB just gave Obasanjo an upper cut blow. His adviser got this right. If only PMB can leave petty fights and quarrels and prosecution of persived enemy and concentrate on proper governance and economy.......

Me think so too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chris Smith Attacks President Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings / DSS Arrests Northern Group Leaders Over Plans To Issue Quit Notice / 2023: Implications Of Atiku’s Selection Of Okowa As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.